Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho (26916 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by purplekayc(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
I don't know where u guys are getting ut stories 4m just read on wikipedia that the guy has joined club nacionale in mexico
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by mondi2: 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE BOY TO DECIDE FOR HIMSELF THE CLUB HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
brainzdh:

All ds guys u mentioned are English boys, even at that you see what happened to Adam Johnson, Sturridge, Scot Sinclair, Jo(brazilian), even Adebayor, the list goes on...they were not patient with ds guys.

i get your logic, what am saying is this, he has to develop first, and man city is as good as any other place, its not all players who go to a club's academy that actually make that great step to become a star, some move elsewhere and catch on. Jo, Sinclair, Adebayor didnt come through the academy, but were ready made-players who didnt leave up to expectation, and its whats obtainable even in porto and ajax, you dont make the cut, you become dead weight
For me, man city has something going on with the academy being built, and emphasis being laid on home grown players who are expected to take over from the present crop.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
delvinmaya:

i get your logic, what am saying is this, he has to develop first, and man city is as good as any other place, its not all players who go to a club's academy that actually make that great step to become a star, some move elsewhere and catch on. Jo, Sinclair, Adebayor didnt come through the academy, but were ready made-players who didnt leave up to expectation, and its whats obtainable even in porto and ajax, you dont make the cut, you become dead weight
For me, man city has something going on with the academy being built, and emphasis being laid on home grown players who are expected to take over from the present crop.

The project at Man City is serious and the players are well groomed now. When Guidetti went on loan to Feyenoord, he found it easy because of the top class training he got.

I would have still preferred if Iheanacho went to a smaller club where he would easily walk into their first 11 like Ramsey did at Arsenal.

World class training with the best training facility in Europe won't hurt Iheanacho. He would also have top coaches like Viera.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by iamdsam: 5:58am On Nov 28, 2013
This boy's career hasn't started but his father wants to ruin it. After reading several comments by his father, I have confirmed that he doesn't know anything about football. This boy shouldn't be lift in control of his father concerning his football future. The father is only concerned about making a lot of money through his son. The Nigeria FF should come into this matter to rate the footballing future of this young lad. I don't see him succeeding in Manchester City which hasn't had the history of grooming young lads. If he wishes to play in the English Premier League, he should play for Arsenal which would strengthen and sharpen his skills as a young lad. I pray his father doesn't ruin his career.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by VoltaireQ: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
medjai: Porto this, Porto that....Who are these young players that were developed at Porto?

Players such as Eliaquim Mangala,Christian Atsu (CFC 2013), Jackson Martinez, Belgian Steven Defour, Brazilians Kelvin, Danilo, and Alex Sandro , playing week in week out for the first team.

In recent years, the likes of

Deco(FCB 2002),Jose Bosingwa,Ricardo Carvalho,Paulo Ferriera (CFC 2003)

Pepe (Madrid 2007),Anderson(MUFC 2007), Ricardo Quaresma(Inter 2008) ,Lisandro Lopez (Lyon 2009),Bruno Alves(Zenit 2010), Alvaro Pereira

Lucho Gonzalez (Marseille 2009), Raul Meireles (Livepool 2010),Aly Cissokho (Lyon 2010),Fredy Guarin (Inter 2011)

Hulk(Zenit 2012),Joao Moutinho (Monaco 2013),, James Rodriguez(Monaco 2013) ,Radamel Falcao(Monaco 2013)

...all flourished during their times at Porto,then moved on '(details)'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win / Juventus Rejects Man Utd’s Cavani Offer Despite Ronaldo’s Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.