Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56562 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by zeb04(f): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2013
All dis guys sayin blackberry babes nd referin 2 our mama . Abeg did ur mama pack her load 2 live in ur fadas house? Did she cook 4 him,ve sex wit him,wash his clothes nd all...was it nt afta d bride price,afta becomin madam**** she startd al dis work. Well 4 those lookin for slaves,there are stil gals in the village. For me if you want 2 eat my food com 2 my house,I welcom visitors very well
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: I'm married and my husband gives me a lot of respect for declining not to come to his house to 'mess' myself up while we were courting despite all his pleads. Now, he enjoys different delicacies.
The fact that it worked well for you doesn't mean it wud work for the next person...
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by maysimsimple(m): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2013
Wislet: Don't talk ignorantly.

Our mothers did not go living with or cooking daily in their husbands' houses. As soon as it was determined she was wife material (especially by the man's mother or sisters), a visit was paid to her parents' house and her dowry paid. She was made a WIFE without much ado... And not the warped mentality of the men of today who think a woman should sleep with them or reside in their house with them or be their cook. To prove WHAT? Is that the way to prove it? And after all that is done, what next? Isn't it the same men that will see a girl that refused to do all that/refused to give them the time of day and quickly dumped the 'maid' who they successfully deceived(as they are deceiving some girls here) and married the new one? And later you will hear funny tales of "my boyfriend dumped me after I did everything for him"...bla bla bla...

In this time and age, any lady that thinks doing all that will land her a husband is not being sincere with herself. You wash, sweep, cook for, sleep with a man who hasn't seen it fit to visit your father's house and put paid to your services for life, and you are not ashamed? Yet it is your 'mates' who did far less who keep sending you their wedding invitations every other week. And he keeps deceiving you with "When I am settled/financially 100% I'll go the next step".

My dear, if he says he's not ready yet, why don't you make him want to speed it up and work harder so he can come to your place faster? If you wait AT YOUR FATHER's HOUSE he will be hungry enough for you to want to pay your bride price quicker before he loses you. Won't that result to working harder? Then you will have value in his eyes. Sleeping with him everyday, cooking, washing, etc are all a WIFE's duties. If you are doing all those for him, why would he remember you aren't his wife yet? Why would he want to work hard for you?

There is a law governing everything in this life. As long as you keep breaking the rules for any, the more its fulfilment eludes you.

Not doing all those things will not make him think you aren't wife material. But, should he think you aren't 'serious' because you don't sleep with him etc, please dust your clothes and move on! He is the one who is not husband material. When your man comes, from his character and attitude toward you, you will offer a thanksgiving to God for being wise enough to run away from that one you almost made the mistake of your life with.

Do not deceive yourself, and do not be deceived.

You can get more wisdom from your elderly mothers (Elderly because even some young mothers of today deceive their children to pursue men to their detriment).

Stone age tinz. Yes we don't need to deceive ourselves, I have once dated a girl for 2 years all thru my ND days. She decided to travel to dubai, I gave her 500k, and when she got back from dubai" alas, she found another guy. This other guy travelled from America to come and shop in dubai, for that I wasn't fit enough to continue to be her man. What transpire later is a story I love to delete forever. Though am happily married now. Cooking or not doesn't shows a character, but home training, moral and d foot step you decided to thread does. D girl camr back after some few months begging, do u know what I did to her? Cooking, washing and all other chores don't define it. But what's inside. Rest my case for now. Breaking bad season 7 is out, off to watch it with a bottle of andre.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2013
what kind assumption is that. u go to his house to the extent that you can cook if u want to, and yet want us to assume something else
GentleMimi:
Hey,babe chillax,no be quarrel. Let us assume that it is not all girls that bleep their guys.If u sleep with ur bobo,and still go ahead to cook for him....wetin come remain na?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: I'm married and my husband gives me a lot of respect for declining not to come to his house to 'mess' myself up while we were courting despite all his pleads. Now, he enjoys different delicacies.
Did he sleep with you before marriage?? Be sincere

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Kadata(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2013

You derive "a lot of respect" from declining to listen to the pleas of a man who desired your ability to do a particular thing. He even went on to plead throughout the courtship. See what we are saying here? Of all the things in the world a woman can derive respect from, this is what you can boast of. Your parameters for self-esteem are very faulty. And you need serious help. This is the type of woman that would derive respect from denying a hungry child food - till the child becomes her own.

We now know what your deficit is. And don't think that getting married to him has solved that deficit. Good luck in all your endeavours.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2013
Tbken: just see how you terming anada lady,s post rubbish all becos u cannot cook...your type wil even requests for maids that will be cooking when married which will make u cry river when d guy start bleeping her....cooking is suppose to be the first thing to learn from ur fadas house...or was it like mother like daughter....
I'm married and my husband gives me a lot of respect for declining to come to his house to 'mess' myself up while we were courting despite all his pleads. Now, I dish him with different delicacies. Most girls are not just smart. Why will you give a man 'everything' before marriage? Later, they will be complaining that the guy broke their heart. Why won't he? He is a young guy, a bachelor! He needs to experiment. It's your choice if you choose to be used as an experiment...Only the wise will understand. If you need to cook for your BF, invite him and a female friend to your house for lunch during the weekend.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: The fact that it worked well for you doesn't mean it wud work for the next person...
EXACTLY!!! somebody like me will not try that....she cud be lying who knows
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by HARDDON: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: Smallie, the only advice I can give you is to stop cooking for that guy. I know you are sleeping with him too but you need to stop. Your eyes will be clear when he dumps you for a responsible girl. No responsible girl goes to a man's house to cook for him when they are not married. So many things can happen from there....

so much for an advise!

what has gone into ladies like this?

that you tuk all the wrong turns and got dumped by all the wrong kinks and finally decided to settle solo makes you the worse gurl to goto for any form of real life advise! dont corrupt young gurls' minds

their destinies are mos def different from yours..

To the real gurls out there, LET LOVE LEAD..... you cant but find him
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2013
babyosisi: Well I did cook for my man before marriage whenever I visited
He was a fiancé then not boyfriend sha
I ate the food too so no big deal
But the one I didn't do was wash his clothes or sweep his house
Love no push me go dat side to be doing boi boi
Na only cooking me I do
i'm sure u will not be a good wife, because of pride
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: I'm married and my husband gives me a lot of respect for declining to come to his house to 'mess' myself up while we were courting despite all his pleads. Now, I dish him with different delicacies. Most girls are not just smart. Why will you give a man 'everything' before marriage? Later, they will be complaining that the guy broke their heart. Why won't he? He is a young guy, a bachelor! He needs to experiment. It's your choice if you choose to be used as an experiment...
Your advice is nt a gud one..answer ma question or didnt u c it
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:07am On Nov 27, 2013
Tbken: Did he sleep with you before marriage?? Be sincere
God forbid! Some of us are just too smart to make that happen. This is not a 'born again' thing...
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2013
HARDDON:

so much for an advise!

what has gone into ladies like this?

that you tuk all the wrong turns and got dumped by all the wrong kinks and finally decided to settle solo makes you the worse gurl to goto for any form of real life advise! dont corrupt young gurls' minds

their destinies are mos def different from yours..

To the real gurls out there, LET LOVE LEAD..... you cant but find him
better person tell them. All those ppl who had done worse will come and be talking nonsence.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Lightening: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: At d end of the day,it all boils down to the kind of partner you are with.Some wudnt mind because they know they can never marry you,some men don't care because they think its not all that important,some wud use that as a yardstick to measure a partner's character,some just don't like to be pampered as dey cook for themselves,while some get one babe house wey dem dey go chop clean mouth grin grin

You are always a delight to be read. So natural, so African. I salute whoever groomed you into a real woman.

Back in school,I don't do no Shiite for any man except you beg for it.But now?Omo I no fit use my hand fall my hand o.Just like I wud remind my guy anytime him head knock small,"Oga u dey block road for some potential husbands wey better pass you,don't push me over the edge"
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by deavicky(m): 11:15am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: God forbid! Some of us are just too smart to make that happen. This is not a 'born again' thing...
liar but remember God
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: Agbaya,I hear you.Since we never marry,me and u still dey d same category. grin
I understand you. You think I was I referring to age when I called you Smallie? No, I meant your brain. I am sure you are older than me but honestly, I have gone far.....
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2013
deavicky: i'm sure u will not be a good wife, because of pride
Where is d pride??Because she did wash? undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by sweetestguy(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2013
Even teenage girls wey dia papa no de gree comot for house even de talk,,,

***Runs 4my life***
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: I understand you. You think I was I referring to age when I called you Smallie? No, I meant your brain. I am sure you are older than me but honestly, I have gone far.....
I bet you have..Na internet we dey.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Cashio(m): 11:20am On Nov 27, 2013
joyidarauko: I can not cook for any man that is not my husband , so even if my finace no cooking but more love and caring and no sex , till marriage, cooking for u means wasting my time cause if u change your mind by not dating me again I will be struggling for nothing , and I will use my precious time and cook for you , na na na not in my book check the next niegbour

No vacancy
ur oyibo explains ur kinda pesin betta
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by dynamicbuzz(f): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2013
asab0234: Honestly, i use to cook for my hubby b4 we got married, and guess what he told his sister? "i'll rather marry a girl that cooks for me, washes my clothes n takes care of me like a mother, than marry a liability"

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2013
Cashio: ur oyibo explains ur kinda pesin betta
lol. cheesy
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by maysimsimple(m): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Tbken: Did he sleep with you before marriage?? Be sincere

Sorry to intrude, is their a crime in sleeping with my gf whom then turn to my fiancee and now my wife b4 marriage? She cook, wash, do all house chores in d evolution. I believe what u have inside of u matters.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 27, 2013
Well I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't cook, nobody go chop that day so... undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by gidos91(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2013
Bobo like me whe like food pass him self? Shooooo!!!!!! Haba!!!!!!!! One of the most important skill u hav to display b4 marriage is cooking ooo. Coz na only food fit bring me and wonam everlasting problem.

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: I bet you have..Na internet we dey.
Chill, Iya pete. It's never too late to get it right. At this your old age, I expect you to know better. If it is true that you have graduated from the University, why not use your spare time for something productive e.g enroll for a master degree rather than trying to be a wife that you are not. If eventually you get married to him, you will have ample time to perform a wife's role.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by infiniteloop(m): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2013
'Advice is equal limited experience plus over-generalisation.'

-Paul Burcheit, Creator of GMail. And founder, Friendfeed.

We all have different perspectives and experience the world differently. There is never a right way to do anything. There are wrong ways though.

Point is, there are no rules. Broadly speaking, we all have too few data points to give any advice. Which makes it an irony, humans love to give advice.

Personally, I love food but I don't like eating. I just like the idea of food. I will be ok with anyone. Cook or not. Just be nice and great. And see, I don't go lean from hunger. Life, to me should be simplified.

If you love to eat a lot, get a cook. Or learn to cook with your wife. A woman should have dreams too. That's all think. Just an opinion, not an advice.

Use your head and do what you think makes sense per time. And good luck.

P.S.: If you are a grad and open for a relationship. Let's talk. Be 21+ please and I like funny/playful people and be comfortable around a nerd. 2A07DA1C
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by maysimsimple(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2013
GustavoFring: Well I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't cook, nobody go chop that day so... undecided

Hey chief, I love d nick " gustavofrings" I guess I need to change mine also to jesse pinkman. Off to watchg season 7
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by toprealman: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2013
Op sees nothing wrong collecting gifts and treats from bf but thinks cooking for him is not very much in order.
OK oh.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: Chill, Iya pete. It's never too late to get it right. At this your old age, I expect you to know better. If it is true that you have graduated from the University, why not use your spare time for something productive e.g enroll for a master degree rather than trying to be a wife that you are not. If eventually you get married to him, you will have ample time to perform a wife's role.
Stop patting yourself in the back,all in a bid to look smarter than the rest cheesy cheesy,if you are good for your husband,its for him alone.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:36am On Nov 27, 2013
deavicky: liar but remember God
I know your type. Not all ladies are like 'them'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

If He Behaves In These 7 Ways, He Definitely Wants To Taste Your Honey Pot / "Jesus Was Bisexual" - Yemisi Ilesanmi Attends London Gay Pride (Photos) / Having Feelings For My Ex Despite Being Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.