Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56676 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iropelebe(m): 11:38am On Nov 27, 2013
Reading from some ladies here,i am highly disappointed. What is the big deal in preparing a meal for your boyfriend. Dammit,do ladies even knowhow the man's brain works? Why would you attribute cooking for your man to being too cheap.
Man meant to appreciate you would do so whether you cook for him or not,this is how most of these girls lose their husbands.
Do you expect me to buy food all the time you come around,what happens to saving such money for other things?
You girls spewing thrash need a rethink like seriously.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by twizzy11(f): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2013
I totally agree wiv u!only a guy dat is nuh serioz and isn't ready 2 get serioz wld av dat kinda mentally.would u prefer ur gf coming to ur house and u r hungry and she tells u 2 go to mama put or eatery?
Iaz93:
NONSENSE! angry

That guy is still a kid. How can you lose respect for your partner because she cooks for you and she's caring? Damn!!

That kind of person isn't fit to be a husband. NO! NO!

As for me, I can't just sit down doing nothing when she's in the kitchen. I'll join her, we go cook am together! It'd be fun gringrin If we cook rubbish, we go chop am together. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua: I am not a fan of it!
I can only do it once in a blue-moon, by dt I min lyk once in a year!
I am not his wife, he needs to understand that! If he wants to know how good my culinary skills are, i'll gladly entertain him if he comes to my house!

Dt's all!
Just about the sanest comment I have seen in a while here. Bravo!

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong in a girl cooking for her boyfriend in his house. I have cooked for my girlfriend in my house and she has done same many times in her house as well but I never believed in her cooking skills because I used to have this notion that "what if her mum or sister cooked the food and she said she did...hmm". Until the day she cooked the food in my house unsupervised, I believed and respected her the more when it comes to cooking.
My girl is the master of my kitchen and I respect her for that. In fact, the very first day she ate in my house she was the one that cooked the food and I fell in love with her the more because I so much loved the food that I thought of walking her down the aisle immediately cheesy
If she can't cook in my house and manage my kitchen well now, how would I know she can do that when I marry her in? This is one of the things courtship is meant for

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by drnoel: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2013
simply_me: and this is someone who sees your unclothedness and sleeps with you on a daily basis.
So what's moral about cooking for him? Nonsense.
[size=28pt]case closed[/size]
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Sike(m): 11:48am On Nov 27, 2013
As my GF, you can only assist me while cooking till you fully take over as my WIFE when married.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2013
I can feel the hunger in the tummy of some guys here. tongue

For those who think he's not my husband, so, he shouldn't spend money on me, I have nothing to say to you!

To the people who think a guy'll dump me because I can't go to his house nd start proving myself in his kitchen everday, I havr no words for you too!

Whatever rocks you guys' boat!
Fact is he knows what i can do and what I can't do! Coming to stock his fridge every weekend is not my tin, some of u might need paracetamol to deal with dt! tongue
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2013
iropelebe: Reading from some ladies here,i am highly disappointed. What is the big deal in preparing a meal for your boyfriend. Dammit,do ladies even knowhow the man's brain works? Why would you attribute cooking for your man to being too cheap.
Man meant to appreciate you would do so whether you cook for him or not,this is how most of these girls lose their husbands.
Do you expect me to buy food all the time you come around,what happens to saving such money for other things?
You girls spewing thrash need a rethink like seriously.
Glutton, you want to spoil her life? She is still a spinster!! Let her make good use of her time rather than come to your house to do the house chores while you plan on how to sleep with her. No wonder, cases of rape are quite rampant in our society.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2013
Wislet: Don't talk ignorantly.

Our mothers did not go living with or cooking daily in their husbands' houses. As soon as it was determined she was wife material (especially by the man's mother or sisters), a visit was paid to her parents' house and her dowry paid. She was made a WIFE without much ado... And not the warped mentality of the men of today who think a woman should sleep with them or reside in their house with them or be their cook. To prove WHAT? Is that the way to prove it? And after all that is done, what next? Isn't it the same men that will see a girl that refused to do all that/refused to give them the time of day and quickly dumped the 'maid' who they successfully deceived(as they are deceiving some girls here) and married the new one? And later you will hear funny tales of "my boyfriend dumped me after I did everything for him"...bla bla bla...

In this time and age, any lady that thinks doing all that will land her a husband is not being sincere with herself. You wash, sweep, cook for, sleep with a man who hasn't seen it fit to visit your father's house and put paid to your services for life, and you are not ashamed? Yet it is your 'mates' who did far less who keep sending you their wedding invitations every other week. And he keeps deceiving you with "When I am settled/financially 100% I'll go the next step".

My dear, if he says he's not ready yet, why don't you make him want to speed it up and work harder so he can come to your place faster? If you wait AT YOUR FATHER's HOUSE he will be hungry enough for you to want to pay your bride price quicker before he loses you. Won't that result to working harder? Then you will have value in his eyes. Sleeping with him everyday, cooking, washing, etc are all a WIFE's duties. If you are doing all those for him, why would he remember you aren't his wife yet? Why would he want to work hard for you?

There is a law governing everything in this life. As long as you keep breaking the rules for any, the more its fulfilment eludes you.
(That is why your churches keep filling up with husband seekers, don't you think?)

Not doing all those things will not make him think you aren't wife material. But, should he think you aren't 'serious' because you don't sleep with him etc, please dust your clothes and move on! He is the one who is not husband material. When your man comes, from his character and attitude toward you, you will offer a thanksgiving to God for being wise enough to run away from that one you almost made the mistake of your life with.

Do not deceive yourself, and do not be deceived.

You can get more wisdom from your elderly mothers (Elderly because even some young mothers of today deceive their children to pursue men to their detriment).

I love you soo much!!!!!!!!! This comment is the ultimate
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Wislet: Don't talk ignorantly.

Our mothers did not go living with or cooking daily in their husbands' houses. As soon as it was determined she was wife material (especially by the man's mother or sisters), a visit was paid to her parents' house and her dowry paid. She was made a WIFE without much ado... And not the warped mentality of the men of today who think a woman should sleep with them or reside in their house with them or be their cook. To prove WHAT? Is that the way to prove it? And after all that is done, what next? Isn't it the same men that will see a girl that refused to do all that/refused to give them the time of day and quickly dumped the 'maid' who they successfully deceived(as they are deceiving some girls here) and married the new one? And later you will hear funny tales of "my boyfriend dumped me after I did everything for him"...bla bla bla...

In this time and age, any lady that thinks doing all that will land her a husband is not being sincere with herself. You wash, sweep, cook for, sleep with a man who hasn't seen it fit to visit your father's house and put paid to your services for life, and you are not ashamed? Yet it is your 'mates' who did far less who keep sending you their wedding invitations every other week. And he keeps deceiving you with "When I am settled/financially 100% I'll go the next step".

My dear, if he says he's not ready yet, why don't you make him want to speed it up and work harder so he can come to your place faster? If you wait AT YOUR FATHER's HOUSE he will be hungry enough for you to want to pay your bride price quicker before he loses you. Won't that result to working harder? Then you will have value in his eyes. Sleeping with him everyday, cooking, washing, etc are all a WIFE's duties. If you are doing all those for him, why would he remember you aren't his wife yet? Why would he want to work hard for you?

There is a law governing everything in this life. As long as you keep breaking the rules for any, the more its fulfilment eludes you.
(That is why your churches keep filling up with husband seekers, don't you think?)

Not doing all those things will not make him think you aren't wife material. But, should he think you aren't 'serious' because you don't sleep with him etc, please dust your clothes and move on! He is the one who is not husband material. When your man comes, from his character and attitude toward you, you will offer a thanksgiving to God for being wise enough to run away from that one you almost made the mistake of your life with.

Do not deceive yourself, and do not be deceived.

You can get more wisdom from your elderly mothers (Elderly because even some young mothers of today deceive their children to pursue men to their detriment).
Beautifully said! kiss
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: God forbid! Some of us are just too smart to make that happen. This is not a 'born again' thing...
God forbid?? Bia woman dont come here to play holy ok....smart?? Xo he married you a virgen.?? Ive seen what you advice lynpetra....good for you...i m just laffin at ur tinking...now answer those questions mrs yung wit old brain

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Polio: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nothing wrong with it.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
jnrbayano:
Just about the sanest comment I have seen in a while here. Bravo!
hahahahahaha oga sir,this ur format na old one..e no go work for you...try a new style

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iropelebe(m): 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: Glutton, you want to spoil her life? She is still a spinster!! Let her make good use of her time rather than come to your house to do the house chores while you plan on how to sleep with her. No wonder, cases of rape are quite rampant in our society.
Your reasoning rate is low sorry to say that.
A real woman knows the essence of taking care of her man cooking is one of them. Now i personally do not support a woman doing my house chores naaa it is not allowed. I do my laundry,wash my toilets and clean my rooms whenever i get lazy,i have an area sister who does the work for me even if my woman is around.
You see for cooking,i do not need to tell her before she would know it is what she should do,it is understandable if she is not around but whenever she is around,i can't waste money on fastfood or mama ngozi's food. We are mostly in the kitchen together or i prepare fruit salad and get us drinks while she cooks,it is romantic.
The minute women start seeing the beauty is being a good wife material the better. When you don't it,other girls will do it. As for sex,please madam,WHO ENJOYS SEX MOST?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Forwetinnah: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: God forbid! Some of us are just too smart to make that happen. This is not a 'born again' thing...

A Very BIG FAT LIE!! This lie heavy pass Goliath sef!! I don't see anything wrong in babes cooking or taking care of their men as long as its "not one sided" and "well reciprocated" (we live in a give and take world). I have big big problems with guys who think they are Super Studs and Alpha males, who can just sit back and let the woman do aall the love and care..mbanuu! And like some1 said earlier, not all relationships lead to marriage..a lot of things happen in relationships that make partners go their separate ways, meanwhile..that's not enough reason NOT to stay happy while you're in a relationship. I'm naturally a no nonsense person, you give me heat I give you space..you show love and care, you get ALL the loving I can give..dats all!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by MacLovington(m): 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
GentleMimi:
Yes,we have to cater for our men...but why should you give it all? What do u have to hold on to later in the relationship? When u play all ur cards,u may realize it isn't a smart move.

It might surprise you to know that many other babes out there are ready to play 150% of their card. While you do your yearly independence day or Easter cooking, another hot babe will gladly fill in the yawning gap in between. grin

It's not really a big deal. Only that your guy might just already have one or two kids outside with the other babe by the time you expect him to pop the question.

Yes, life is unfair and poo happens.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iropelebe(m): 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
MacLovington: .

It might surprise you to know that many other babes out there are ready to play 150% of their card. While you do your yearly independence day or Easter cooking, another hot babe will gladly fill in the yawning gap in between. grin

It's not really a big deal. Only that your guy might just already have one or two kids outside with the other babe by the time you expect him to pop the question.
Exactly,when one woman doesn't do it,another will.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Many of this guys talking are the men I was Reffering to as having slave and master mentality Wiv their gf or wives. Many nigerian men do not deserve an ounce of happiness. I keep asking if a good woman to u includes a lady that cooks unlimitedly, are u a deserving husband or bf? Some of this guys don't even gve their gfs money, abuse them, beat them, have no respect for them, belittle them in f ront of their family and friends yet they are here preaching to us that a woman must cook. Are u a husband material?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: I'm married and my husband gives me a lot of respect for declining to come to his house to 'mess' myself up while we were courting despite all his pleads. Now, I dish him with different delicacies. Most girls are not just smart. Why will you give a man 'everything' before marriage? Later, they will be complaining that the guy broke their heart. Why won't he? He is a young guy, a bachelor! He needs to experiment. It's your choice if you choose to be used as an experiment...Only the wise will understand. If you need to cook for your BF, invite him and a female friend to your house for lunch during the weekend.
That is right. Some people here just want to eat your cake and have it. Ladies please respect youselves
alutacontinua: I can feel the hunger in the tummy of some guys here. tongue
For those who think he's not my husband, so, he shouldn't spend money on me, I have nothing to say to you!
To the people who think a guy'll dump me because I can't go to his house nd start proving myself in his kitchen everday, I havr no words for you too!
That is very liberal of you. But that is nothing to do with real courtship leading to marriage.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
iropelebe:
A real woman knows the essence of taking care of her man cooking is one of them. Now i personally do not support a woman doing my house chores naaa it is not allowed. I do my laundry,wash my toilets and clean my rooms whenever i get lazy,i have an area sister who does the work for me even if my woman is around.
You see for cooking,i do not need to tell her before she would know it is what she should do,it is understandable if she is not around but whenever she is around,i can't waste money on fastfood or mama ngozi's food. We are mostly in the kitchen together or i prepare fruit salad and get us drinks while she cooks,it is romantic.
Then go and marry and stop forming. You want to eat your cake and have it. If you want a mistress then that is an entirely different thing.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
@sandijey its not just a hole between legs and b.reast that make up d word ''woman'' there is more to being a woman than that ok??
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by emalekuo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua: I am not a fan of it!
I can only do it once in a blue-moon, by dt I min lyk once in a year!
I am not his wife, he needs to understand that! If he wants to know how good my culinary skills are, i'll gladly entertain him if he comes to my house!

Dt's all!

all this girls una go really find husband tire. u can't cook common food for him but you can ask for things from him abi? then if he does not buy you a birthday gift you would complain or even quit the relationship abi? men suppose dey see people like you run..
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by MacLovington(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
sandijey: Many of this guys talking are the men I was Reffering to as having slave and master mentality Wiv their gf or wives. Many nigerian men do not deserve an ounce of happiness. I keep asking if a good woman to u includes a lady that cooks unlimitedly, are u a deserving husband or bf? Some of this guys don't even gve their gfs money, abuse them, beat them, have no respect for them, belittle them in f ront of their family and friends yet they are here preaching to us that a woman must cook. Are u a husband material?

Well, it's not by force to have a boyfriend. Or you can look for one that expects no care.

Suddenly our African way of life is a slave and master mentality.

I mostly (90%) dated Western ladies and I always made it clear to them that a lady should know how to cook.

In any case only very few ladies can cook better than me.

The first time a babe came to visit, I always cooked a proper meal.

I don't want any babe to think that I survive on bread and butter only or that I cannot cook for myself.

In fact many of the babes used to confess the very first time that they cannot cook very well on tasting my food.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
quote author=Tbken]@sandijey its not just a hole between legs and b.reast that make up d word ''woman'' there is more to being a woman than that ok?? [/quote]

What are u saying undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
iropelebe:
The minute women start seeing the beauty is being a good wife material the better. When you don't it,other girls will do it. As for sex,please madam,WHO ENJOYS SEX MOST?
What else can I say? Cheap guy and cheap babe? Birds of a feather. For your question, ask that dirty thing you call a girlfriend. Obviously, she has opened her leg for your countless time.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: Smallie, the only advice I can give you is to stop cooking for that guy. I know you are sleeping with him too but you need to stop. Your eyes will be clear when he dumps you for a responsible girl. No responsible girl goes to a man's house to cook for him when they are not married. So many things can happen from there....
Old cargo, d advice I get for you na Shut up! Meshooooonu! Zip am! Press pause!!! U sabi d babe? So bcus uncle Boniface ur village chief strike deal with ur folks to pity u small, u think u can open ur extra large mouth and talk down on fresh blood online? If I sound u hen? Dat thing wey dey dance for ur brain go freeze. Nonsense! angry
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by iropelebe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: What else can I say? Cheap guy and cheap babe? Birds of a feather. For your question, ask that dirty thing you call a girlfriend. Obviously, she has opened her leg for your countless time.
be cool girl,you dont have to resort to these wow you are amazing. I give up on you,i don't exchange words with women smiley,they deserve respect no matter how unruly they are,i only thought we could argue maturely,i didnt deem it fit to consider how old you could be. I didn't know you would get angry at me,or jealous of my babe. i am out ma. wink

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2013
ndidibabe: What else can I say? Cheap guy and cheap babe? Birds of a feather. For your question, ask that dirty thing you call a girlfriend. Obviously, she has opened her leg for your countless time.
Shattap! Shut it! How many times Oga Boni penetrate b4 he dash u wooden ring? U think say we no no ur type? Rubbish! C'mon Gerrout! angry

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tbken: 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
My point is a guy is not slaving you because you cook for him...And you are in nowhere cheap by cooking for him....infact i think its only a 'spoilt' that knows nothing but names of cloths and good designer heels that sees that as a biggie honestly....there is always a zeal in what you knw how to do best....
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
awww. That's harsh. Why don't you leave his innocent girlfriend out of this. Face iropelebe and leave his girlfriend out of this. Why call her a dirty thing?we are all females remember

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Bia ndidi, Na me and u today!! I'm p!ssed and u are my stress ball till the thing wey worry ur medullar pick race. Agbaya!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Yes many Nigerian men do not respect women at all. Cooking is no big deal. But if a man does not have qualities of a husband material which many of them are exhibiting here, he doesn't deserve such gestures! Infact to many cases of women cleaning, cooking, and doing so much yet the man will live her for a gir that can't even clean her own poo! Life is a risk. Everybody directly or indirectly, knowingly or unknowingly weighs their gain and loss. The ultimate is if the man loves u, all this are mere excuses! A woman can learn how to cook in a week if she puts it to practise. Its not a big deal. But Nigerian men have this tendency of loosing respect quick or taking women for granted quick. Am jst talking from experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Couple Who Were Breastfed By Same Woman To Wed In Sokoto Tomorrow (Photos) / Should I Marry A Girl That Pierced Her Nose And Has Multiple Earrings? / Wrong Perception Of The Adam And Eve Couple(PICs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.