Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56407 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gracious10:

I concur, same thing happened to me to a point that if I dont do chores, I will be interrogated as to why I didn't do those things. So I decided to stop doing them and called the whole thing off. Truth is that there's no limit to how bad people can treat you but you can always set a limit to how much nonsense you can take. Do what u can do and what u can't, seek wisdom on how to handle it.

My dear you understand every! Itsall part of the sacrifice. What do u get at the end! Nothing. When I started refusing a bit, the guy kon dey talk say I no dey behave like wife just because I gave myself brain! It was getting to much! Na because I no no. My next relationship, na when the "moon is blue" that's when seyi will cook!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by viruz007(m): 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
very funny topic/ How can u think of not cooking for your bf now and then? That's the height of pride. Am still saying all this 21st century women thinking na im dey affect babes of nowadays. Cook for him once in a while or as ur schedule allows u and if he's a good man, he will always appreciate u and will never forget u even if tinz don't go according to plan. It's the little tinz that matter.

Me i like to chop so i appreciate any lady be it friend or gf [currently single sha] that goes out of her way to bring a prepared meal for me or comes and cook for me. So i dnt have an issue with it.

My 2 cents grin
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by 50calibre(m): 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
shejane: As 4 me mysef nd I, I derive joy in cooking 4 my man
Evry weekend I MUST cook lyk 3 diff soup nd stew 4 him, use small plates nd share dem, put dem in freezer 4 him

Aft work each day, all he gt 2 do is bring out 1plate of soup warm it nd do eba nd eat or boil rice nd eat it wt d stew

Nd as he's eating dat food, he's thinking of me, hw do I kw dat cos as he's eating we are chating on phone

Evrytin in life depend on individual nd undstanding

Men love gud food nd is our responsibility 2 giv dem dat gud food

Belv it or nt, we gt 2 stop forming, it pays no one

Please do you have a sister like you?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2013
sandijey:

My dear you understand every! Itsall part of the sacrifice. What do u get at the end! Nothing. When I started refusing a bit, the guy kon dey talk say I no dey behave like wife just because I gave myself brain! It was getting to much! Na because I no no. My next relationship, na when the "moon is blue" that's when seyi will cook!
I feel sorry for u girls who talk based on ur experience with a guy, one guy.
Bt to say the truth, u might find a guy who tinks u don't av to cook, and love u for even neglecting cooking.
Not me dear, not a chance.
U date the wrong person frm the start, u try to turn dem by good deeds -- ur plan fails, then u choose to get even for ur broken heart? Wrong path.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by SELFWORTH: 12:01am On Nov 27, 2013
Zakamori:
na who you dey deceive

... in what sense? All these small minded people who because they have no self control assumes everyone is the same. ....
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Danhumprey: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2013
Yield:
Just watching from the sidelines, Dan. smiley
Lol. I really was expecting to read what you have to say on this topic.

You owe me a promise. wink

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by PreciousBro: 12:03am On Nov 27, 2013
sandijey:

It was a load on you because you expect something in return.

How about try being true ?

Let it be your will.

Gave your self brain ? Lol... Girl don't be deceived, you gave your self a tone of immoral burden.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by 50calibre(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2013
Noble.G:
Whenever my woman cooks my favorite, I tell her to go wait for me in bed. cheesy grin tongue

Lol for proper treatment right? You must be an old school guy
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 27, 2013
I don't think cooking for my man will make him disrespect me in any way. When I was with my ex,if I cook for him,he eats it to the very last of it. Honestly,it gives me joy to see my man eat my food to the last.

If I am in his house,I don't expect him to cook for me. It is either i do it or we do it together.

I honestly dont think i will be in my man's house and allow him cook for me. I will do it from my heart and not sit down.cross my legs and wait for him to cook and serve me when he is not my cook or slave.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Walexsammy(m): 12:10am On Nov 27, 2013
ivyy: In honesty I hated it shege. When I go to my bfz crib and he begs me to coook especiali if some friends are over ( for my mind I done turn to slave abii) angry
You need to see boning. Bone of life and sharp sharp he wil join me in the kitchen

But With time I got used to it. Looking at it critically, you and your bf in the house and then when oone or both of you get hungry and guyz have got to eat out? Haba!

You guyz can eat out once in awhile , other times you cook, he cooks(that's if he can, if not u bear it all) either way,we all know that as a girl you wil do the cooking more wink

Why would a guy disrespect you cause you cook for him once in a while For some guyz if not most, its the fastest way to their hrts o

Still I don't expect guyz to force their gfs to cook for them if they don't wana
.....so far so gud the only sensible comment ahv gone through here. Some gals here be forming stunch, yet most of dem cook for dia bf...personally u can only win mah heart with ur cooking skills period
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ogbronx(m): 12:10am On Nov 27, 2013
mz mariah: I don't think cooking for my man will make him disrespect me in any way. When I was with my ex,if I cook for him,he eats it to the very last of it. Honestly,it gives me joy to see my man eat my food to the last.

If I am in his house,I don't expect him to cook for me. It is either i do it or we do it together.

I honestly dont think i will be in my man's house and allow him cook for me. I will do it from my heart and not sit down.cross my legs and wait for him to cook and serve me when he is not my cook or slave.
u go quick marry and be good wife. no mind all those other spoilt brats
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by kolidave: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2013
I've got trust issues with females. I don't let em buy things for me,wash ma clothes or even cook for me... I love doing ma tins maself
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by shejane: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2013
Wot works 4 A may nt work 4 B, my advise is be ur sef
Dot start wot u can't finish, if he dot appreciate u anoda man wil

Bt ladies cooking 4 ur man is d best way 2 show him love nd care

U cook his food nd serve him dat food if uar around
Dats y we av so many broken homes
Small tins matter a lot esp in marriage
If u can sleep wt ur man y can't u cook his food, do laundry 2gede
All dis are ingredients of love yes u work 2gede, play 2gede
Ders even a way 2 bring dat man 2 d kitchen 2 hep u cook wtout him nt knowing he's actually cooking d food

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by chiwex(m): 12:12am On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta: This topic again?

I can cook for him but there'll be limits. There's a line between girlfriend and wife. As long as i am not living with him, i can cook for him. I love cooking but i do it out of love, not out of obligation. I cook for people i am not dating, how much more my own personal person?

Again i say, there are limits. A girlfriend is not a wife...not yet!
shey na u talka m
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Walexsammy(m): 12:20am On Nov 27, 2013
arcbabe: I love cooking but I don't like going to the market,he can go to the market with the list of items to buy and I will gladly cook for him but going to the market and then cook for him is a NO for me. Am I his slave? Gone are the days that I will want to stress myself because of one guy. Abeg make him cook joor,right now I don't see anything that will make me do all those wahala for a guy am not yet married to,some guys are ingrate,they think you are a fool trying to do everything to please them. Smh! He should cook if am in his house because he doesn't expect to come to my house and then enter the kitchen to cook for me.
ah pity uuuuu
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracious10: 12:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Pyrrho:
I feel sorry for u girls who talk based on ur experience with a guy, one guy.
Bt to say the truth, u might find a guy who tinks u don't av to cook, and love u for even neglecting cooking.
Not me dear, not a chance.
U date the wrong person frm the start, u try to turn dem by good deeds -- ur plan fails, then u choose to get even for ur broken heart? Wrong path.

This isn't about pretending to be nice.
Truth is that any lady who is naturally homely will not sit back and watch things undone. I speak for myself cos even vist my friends and their place place is unkempt, I get up and do it. Be it male or female. Can't stand untidy place but whats nice about those is that they appreciate it. These things are not demanded, it comes from ur inside. But when it's demanded, it's upto u to put an end to it. It will be bad to walk into ur bf house and its untidy and u walk out without doing something about it but I won't let anyone take advantage of my chores obsessed self. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by shejane: 12:29am On Nov 27, 2013
50calibre:

Please do you have a sister like you?
Very funny
1tin wt we babes is dat we expect a lot 4m men nd giv in little or nuffn bt der 4gt dat guys dis days are very wise, der kw if u are been real or faking jus 2 marry dem

4 some gals here dat had bad experience wt der ex, dat was because der were faking it nd d guy kw

We all had bad experience, bt d ability 2 correct oursef nd move on 2 next nd nt carry wot happened wt u dats wot make u a woman(woo-man)
Men thk all around while we gals thk straight

D early we gals wise up d beta 4 us

Evry relationship must nt end in marriage

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua: I am not a fan of it!
I can only do it once in a blue-moon, by dt I min lyk once in a year!
I am not his wife, he needs to understand that! If he wants to know how good my culinary skills are, i'll gladly entertain him if he comes to my house!

Dt's all!
angel u ar so prudent,.. U are a wife materia which Edo guy really claimouring all 4u,. Pls do get my detail & reache me
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ivyy(f): 12:34am On Nov 27, 2013
zeb04: You com to my house I cook nd dats all. those who make it a duty 2 cook are the desperate ones. Babes dnt let dis dudes decieve u. Weda u cook or no cook,if u lik give him snake in the monkey shadow style of sex,if he won't marry you,he won't. Respect urself nd pack ur bags nd go home wit al d guys on nairaland sayin this,I must count my self lucky to have met levelheaded nd educated guys. .

My point is why on earth would you cook for your man because you think you can trap him with that? Itz common sense really, am in my bfs crib am hungry and there's food in the house, you think am gona say "oh honey am hungry,wanna go grab something outside, will catch you in 20" dahell And there's food in the house? Can only do that if am not interested in what's in the house.

Or probably I start cooking and then he says "o babe please include mine and I will refuse" Or I'd b munching solo in his presence when I know my baby is hungry?

If am tired but hungry and can't cook he cooks or goes out to get me something. If he does that, why can't I do that for him too And when we feel like its snack or eating out day, then we go For it.
Lik I said early on, if you don't drag yourself in the mud, no one can. If you apply respect to yourself in anything you do, you will be respected.

So please it is a poor mentality to think cooking for your bf wil land you ultimate marriage. It should be done willingly, a gesture of love and kindness. Therez absoluteli no wrong in it.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by moonraker(m): 12:46am On Nov 27, 2013
All my Exs always wanted to cook for me and they did.

Was i a bad cook?? nope. not by a long short. however,

each and everyone of them saw me as someone that they

would be with for a long time so it was only logical for them

to start practising (their words not mine) . Too bad they are all Exs now.

But i think they if you can have sex with your partner which is kinda a big deal to me.

then cooking should be a walk in the park

My 2 yen

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by meyri: 12:50am On Nov 27, 2013
I don't like to cook (that doesn't mean I can't). So cooking for myself,let alone someone else is a chore. So I avoid it if I can. But I have to eat and save money so I cook. If my boyfriend want to chop he know he can come to my house and chop, he's just like any other guest. If I chop, my guest will chop. So I don't go out of way to cook for my bf, unless a occasion calls for it. It's a mutual thing. As long a two individual mutually agree to this or that for each other, that one should no concern nobody. So there nothing right or wrong about cooking for your bf. In my opinion cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and the like on a consistent basis is too much if your title is just girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 27, 2013
I cook for my current partner,not just because I want to please(as he knows am good in emptying a whole pot of just prepared food inside the dustbin if he fuuucks up,including the pot angry),but because he dislikes eating out.

Anyway,it gets to a stage in girl's relationship when she needs to start behaving like a woman...

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 27, 2013
nyere84: If am in his house...,he cooks for me. But, soup is not among the tins he can cook.(he enjoys cooking)

If he is in my house..., i cook for him.

I still remember hw he devoured the ora soup and pounded yam, i cooked for him last weekend.

To be sincere, it gives me joy watching him eat my food to the last drop.
really ur type are hard to see in recent time,.. I wish are can come across same like u,.. Get my numb plsss 07017459896

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 27, 2013
lynpetra: I cook for my current partner,not just because I want to please(as he knows am good in emptying a whole pot of just prepared food inside the dustbin if he fuuucks up),but because he dislikes eating out.

Anyway,it gets to a stage in girl's relationship when you need to start behaving like a woman...
i cherish types like u joor,..keep it up an strive on
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by zeb04(f): 12:57am On Nov 27, 2013
ivyy:

My point is why on earth would you cook for your man because you think you can trap him with that? Itz common sense really, am in my bfs crib am hungry and there's food in the house, you think am gona say "oh honey am hungry,wanna go grab something outside, will catch you in 20" dahell And there's food in the house? Can only do that if am not interested in what's in the house.

Or probably I start cooking and then he says "o babe please include mine and I will refuse" Or I'd b munching solo in his presence when I know my baby is hungry?

If am tired but hungry and can't cook he cooks or goes out to get me something. If he does that, why can't I do that for him too And when we feel like its snack or eating out day, then we go For it.
Lik I said early on, if you don't drag yourself in the mud, no one can. If you apply respect to yourself in anything you do, you will be respected.

So please it is a poor mentality to think cooking for your bf wil land you ultimate marriage. It should be done willingly, a gesture of love and kindness. Therez absoluteli no wrong in it.
. Mayb u dnt stay in dis part of the world whr I stay bt pple cook under compulsion to get a husband. Dat by the way,I get ur point 2. Everytin shld b out of love wat am against is those men who tink its their birthright for their gf 2 com 2 the house nd slave 4 them nd yet they even ask y the food is not ready on time. Well wateva works for you. Peace
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Malachy27: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2013
...to be browsing your website or you stovelighting his kitchen which one is more moral?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 27, 2013
There is absolutely nothing wrong cooking for YOUR MAN as long as IT'S NOT DONE OUT OF DESPERATION.Ladies who do that to trap a man MIGHT not succeed.Those who succeed by playing homely are REALLY SMART as long as it pays them eventually.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by annawhite(f): 1:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Leaving your parent house to trek,or pay ur way to your boyfriend's house for sex,is it right?

Your boyfriend is more like your husband cos u guys r in love and having sex together,the only diff is ,the fellow is yet to declare it oFficially due to some reasons best known to him,sleping with a guy who isn't ur husband is morally wrong so what morals are we talking bout Cooking and taking care of your man's little needs. Goes a long way to show him how much you care bout him and what he'll stand to loose if he dosent act fast to customize your hole and hav his name crested upon it...........
Lastly if your an enginse isn't proPerly oiled,how will the engine function
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by dynamicbuzz(f): 1:19am On Nov 27, 2013
meyri: I don't like to cook (that doesn't mean I can't). So cooking for myself,let alone someone else is a chore. So I avoid it if I can. But I have to eat and save money so I cook. If my boyfriend want to chop he know he can come to my house and chop, he's just like any other guest. If I chop, my guest will chop. So I don't go out of way to cook for my bf, unless a occasion calls for it. It's a mutual thing. As long a two individual mutually agree to this or that for each other, that one should no concern nobody. So there nothing right or wrong about cooking for your bf. In my opinion cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and the like on a consistent basis is too much if your title is just girlfriend.

Thank you jare....We are on the same team ooo
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 27, 2013
Good day ladies and gentlemen. Am commenting on this kind of social discuss forum for the first time. This is because, having read through the thread, I find it imperative to clear the air.
Many persons have aired their views which epitomizes their definition of 'love' and 'relationship'. Each is entiled to their views and they were quite interesting to say the least. This essentially should not be an issue for the following reason;
1. If cooking for your boyfriend does not gaurantee marriage or makes him disrespect you. But is it REALLY NOT cooking for him that guarantees marriage or would make him regard you? Well the answer is not readily deciphable!
2. If cooking for your 'ideal man' is fine by you and you have been meeting the 'wrong guys', does it make cooking for 'ANY MAN' wrong? Of course, any man may make your ideal man, which only trial and Gods favour may bring. And so, one does not stop doing what she feels right because she dealt with the worng one.
And so I tell you solemnly, the PRINCIPLE is fairly constant, but there are NO hard and fast RULES.
The principle is: Do not give in too much while the other party gives in nothing if he's in capacity(Each party perception of this 'principle' is highly subjective).
For the rule of cooking or not cooking, its highly misleading, vague and inconclusive. It depends on a lot other factors like; COHABITING TOGETHER, COMMITMENT LEVEL(DATING STAGE), PERSONAL ATTRIBUTE and "PERCEPTION OF WHAT IS IDEAL".
And so each to what works for her...for the rule is circumstantial and hence forms no BASIS for arguement nor cousel.
I must commend all contributions so far especially those that have highligted a part of what I have said. These is my humble opinion. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Vivipedia: 1:53am On Nov 27, 2013
Sometimes cooking for ur boyfriend can be nasty. Discover more on www.vivipedia.com
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Uthman75: 2:03am On Nov 27, 2013
All wetin these chick dey say na wash. Wen they re in love, the can do anything, let alone cooking..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / The Best Way To Keep Your Girl (picture) / Lady Blasts Directors For 'Not Fulfilling Promises After Seeing Her Undies'.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.