Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (56437 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 27, 2013
These ladies, i gotta settle for these Black ladies that is ready to learn how to pound yam and cook ogbono, these naija females already lost their way
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 27, 2013
So I visit my guy and expect him to enter the kitchen and cook for me? No! I'd do it myself, Reasons;
1- I love cooking
2- meals prepared by guys are usually tasteless in my mouth
3- I'm the female here and its in my position to cook
With his help or not, I will cook for him, no time for forming or shakara!

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by okoomoge2(m): 3:54am On Nov 27, 2013
Most ladies of nowadays don't know how to keep the home front, so look closley before you leap. Otherwise, you will hate going back to your house after COB daily.

shocked for the unmarried single dude out there, my 2 cent below:

1. Ensure your wife to be(not fling girlfriends) does some home made cooking in your house. You don't end up married to a woman who cooks rubbish or go and buy soup at shoprite;
2. Look closely at hygenie, don't mind all these marykay rubbish or the expensive JLO/Beyonce perfume they wear. You don't want to end up with a woman who dispose her sanitary pad in the bathroom bin and leave it in there for days or unwashed panties in the bathroom;
3. Let her spend the weekend with you and watch closley how she keep the bathroom/toilet clean and the bedroom;
4. Watch closely how she arrange your fridge, when she comes visiting;
5. You should on-purpose during one of visit to your house, suggest washing the dishes after you guys have had a meal and watch her reaction to this;
6. A man need to be neat but you should on purpose scatter your house when you know she is coming over and see what effort she makes to arrange things. Mind you your kids will scatter your house once you are married.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 27, 2013
Well I did cook for my man before marriage whenever I visited
He was a fiancé then not boyfriend sha
I ate the food too so no big deal
But the one I didn't do was wash his clothes or sweep his house
Love no push me go dat side to be doing boi boi
Na only cooking me I do

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Snoopywallace(m): 4:42am On Nov 27, 2013
If she wants to cook,fyn...if she doesnt want to cook,fyn...as long as the konjarrin is not affected.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by JBelove: 4:52am On Nov 27, 2013
4get! Dat tin na wrong channel. shocked
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ireneidiva(f): 5:01am On Nov 27, 2013
ICHIEMAN:
See ur BIG mouth....Don't bother yourself, d cooking stuff is only for beautiful babes ok..I dnt tink u wil b disturbed.
ok
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by QueenRAW(f): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2013
oko-omoge:
Most ladies of nowadays don't know how to keep the home front, so look closley before you leap. Otherwise, you will hate going back to your house after COB daily.

1. Ensure your wife to be(not fling girlfriends) does some home made cooking in your house. You don't end up married to a woman who cooks rubbish or go and buy soup at shoprite;
2. Look closely at hygenie, don't mind all these marykay rubbish or the expensive JLO/Beyonce perfume they wear. You don't want to end up with a woman who dispose her sanitary pad in the bathroom bin and leave it in there for days or unwashed panties in the bathroom;
3. Let her spend the weekend with you and watch closley how she keep the bathroom/toilet clean and the bedroom;
5. You should on-purpose during one of visit to your house, suggest washing the dishes after you guys have had a meal and watch her reaction to this;
6. A man need to be neat but you should on purpose scatter your house when you know she is coming over and see what effort she makes to arrange things. Mind you your kids will scatter your house once you are married.

All very valid points.I agree with everything said.In addition if a Woman you may be consider marriage to can't cook, how will she feed your children, let alone youn on a daily basis.Can a woman who can't cook really have a family, run a household, and possibly work or run a business? I doubt it.

I think its ok to showcase your cooking skills and domestic abilities to your beloved.OCCASIONALLY. ......however do not Cook and Clean as if you live there, or as if you should be compensated for it Maid.I do not think its wise to prematurely award a man with privleges he has not earned.Doing wifely duties, when you have not become someone's wife, is a mistake in my mind.That doesn't mean You don't have to display such abilities, just don't make it a regular occurence.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by QueenRAW(f): 5:08am On Nov 27, 2013
oko-omoge:

All very valid points.I agree with everything said.In addition if a Woman you may be consider marriage to can't cook, how will she feed your children, let alone you on a daily basis.Can a woman who can't cook really have a family, run a household, and possibly work or run a business? I doubt it.

I think its ok to showcase your cooking skills and domestic abilities to your beloved.OCCASIONALLY. ......however do not Cook and Clean as if you live there, or as if you should be compensated for it , like a Maid.I do not think its wise to prematurely award a man with privleges he has not earned.Doing wifely duties, when you have not become someone's wife, is a mistake in my mind.That doesn't mean You don't have to display such abilities, just don't make it a regular occurence.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Sammiejo: 5:17am On Nov 27, 2013
Lαυяεηcε:

Are u sure dat u n dat "hubby" are stee togeda?? undecided

We are very much together 8 years in marriage and still counting.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by jackile22: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2013
me i no c watin bad if a gal cook 4 him gal,sum of una just dey comment rubbish na wa oooh
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Lightening: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2013
specialguest: See question ooo? Na Mr biggs him go dey chop abi na another girl go dey feed am for me?

I have absolutely no problem cooking for my man at his place when i visit. Mind you i go to work mondays through fridays so visiting days are almost limited to saturdays. But For the once in a week that i am around he gets home cooked meals constantly and it gives me joy and satisfaction when he eats and licks the plate till i can see the made in china boldly written on it. Infact i sometimes make his favorite soups and put them in his freezer so during weekdays he can easily defrost any and make a swallow of his choice to eat with it.

Funny enough we save more that way and use the money meant for eateries and takeouts for other capital expenditures since we plan on getting married soon.

Dear, can you explain to the OP how this has affected your respect. Most of these ladies sleep with same men but won't cook for them so that " they won't lose their respect". Guys know which of the two acts is potentially respect destroyer. Ask them.

This is just childish!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by LadyH(f): 6:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Donlittle: These ladies, i gotta settle for these Black ladies that is ready to learn how to pound yam and cook ogbono, these naija females already lost their way
angry slave driver. tssssssswwwww
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by LadyH(f): 6:12am On Nov 27, 2013
QueenR.A.W:

All very valid points.I agree with everything said.In addition if a Woman you may be consider marriage to can't cook, how will she feed your children, let alone you on a daily basis. Can a woman who can't cook really have a family, run a household, and possibly work or run a business? I doubt it.

I think its ok to showcase your cooking skills and domestic abilities to your beloved.OCCASIONALLY. ......however do not Cook and Clean as if you live there, or as if you should be compensated for it , like a Maid.I do not think its wise to prematurely award a man with privleges he has not earned.Doing wifely duties, when you have not become someone's wife, is a mistake in my mind.That doesn't mean You don't have to display such abilities, just don't make it a regular occurence.
Thats one unbelievable question + a helluva doubt. It is over-the-board possible. Ahn ahn? gini k'ona ko??
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 6:16am On Nov 27, 2013
Sacluxpaint: How did this get to frontpage?
Alomo.....go figure!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by kershley(f): 6:16am On Nov 27, 2013
simply_me: and this is someone who sees your unclothedness and sleeps with you on a daily basis.
So what's moral about cooking for him? Nonsense.
God Bless u
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by LadyH(f): 6:18am On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta: This topic again?

I can cook for him but there'll be limits. There's a line between girlfriend and wife. As long as i am not living with him, i can cook for him. I love cooking but i do it out of love, not out of obligation. I cook for people i am not dating, how much more my own personal person?

Again i say, there are limits. A girlfriend is not a wife...not yet!
I love n agree with this post buh d bolded got me confused.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by akee01(m): 6:22am On Nov 27, 2013
ivyy: In honesty I hated it shege. When I go to my bfz crib and he begs me to coook especiali if some friends are over ( for my mind I done turn to slave abii) angry
You need to see boning. Bone of life and sharp sharp he wil join me in the kitchen

But With time I got used to it. Looking at it critically, you and your bf in the house and then when oone or both of you get hungry and guyz have got to eat out? Haba!

You guyz can eat out once in awhile , other times you cook, he cooks(that's if he can, if not u bear it all) either way,we all know that as a girl you wil do the cooking more wink

Why would a guy disrespect you cause you cook for him once in a while For some guyz if not most, its the fastest way to their hrts o

Still I don't expect guyz to force their gfs to cook for them if they don't wana
u make sense jor
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 6:30am On Nov 27, 2013
KPboy: Good day ladies and gentlemen. Am commenting on this kind of social discuss forum for the first time. This is because, having read through the thread, I find it imperative to clear the air.
Many persons have aired their views which epitomizes their definition of 'love' and 'relationship'. Each is entiled to their views and they were quite interesting to say the least. This essentially should not be an issue for the following reason;
1. If cooking for your boyfriend does not gaurantee marriage or makes him disrespect you. But is it REALLY NOT cooking for him that guarantees marriage or would make him regard you? Well the answer is not readily deciphable!
2. If cooking for your 'ideal man' is fine by you and you have been meeting the 'wrong guys', does it make cooking for 'ANY MAN' wrong? Of course, any man may make your ideal man, which only trial and Gods favour may bring. And so, one does not stop doing what she feels right because she dealt with the worng one.
And so I tell you solemnly, the PRINCIPLE is fairly constant, but there are NO hard and fast RULES.
The principle is: Do not give in too much while the other party gives in nothing if he's in capacity(Each party perception of this 'principle' is highly subjective).
For the rule of cooking or not cooking, its highly misleading, vague and inconclusive. It depends on a lot other factors like; COHABITING TOGETHER, COMMITMENT LEVEL(DATING STAGE), PERSONAL ATTRIBUTE and "PERCEPTION OF WHAT IS IDEAL".
And so each to what works for her...for the rule is circumstantial and hence forms no BASIS for arguement nor cousel.
I must commend all contributions so far especially those that have highligted a part of what I have said. These is my humble opinion. Thank you.
Thank u too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by jidexboy(m): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2013
To be frankly speaking, some of our girls gets things wrong sometimes,there is nothing bad in cooking for your guy, i believe it make girl happy seeing there guy eating the food you cooked for him and it is part of the way to gain his heart.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua: I am not a fan of it!
I can only do it once in a blue-moon, by dt I min lyk once in a year!
I am not his wife, he needs to understand that! If he wants to know how good my culinary skills are, i'll gladly entertain him if he comes to my house!

Dt's all!
this one dey rake, u never ready.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Shugajay(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2013
In all, it boils dwn 2 d kinda relatnshp u re in wiv a guy..

On a serioux note, I dnt see any fuss cookyn 4 my boo.. If I can cook 4 frends, y not my boo?? Cooking z sumfin I find pleazure doing cos I luv tryn out new fins.. I'm also lucky 4 d kinda boo I av; he cooks well himslf n always wanna help in d kitchen.. He never sees cookyn as my *sole responsibility* 2 him, cos he tells me severally dat I'm not *hz slave* n @ such, he pets me once in a yl 2 prepare meals 4 him which I gracefully do cos itx sumfin I luv..

#I dnt live wiv my boo..

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2013
Idowuogbo: Na wa o! So if na once in a year you dey do am, dat means na take away u and Oga dey chop if laziness grip d bobo ba? ALuta, I gats try ur style o! Wow! Dis ur own pass military sha.
no mind that girl she dey talk lie except her bobo na carton or she never even get bf self. She just dey operate on theories.

Sex in the kitchen only once a year? I beg make she go sleep.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2013
Gosh! Most girls here are just liars.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by GentleMimi: 6:46am On Nov 27, 2013
~PreciousBro~:

That's where I have a problem with you, why and how does domestic chores which by common sense you should already be used to ,be a problem you'd even relate with Slavery.. ?

You sound confused!
A man hasn't paid your bride price,but u do everything a wife should do....now what should we call that?
Even if a lady is used to household chores in her father's house,she should know her limits in her boyfriend's house.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by thoniann(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

Lol
Love u too, dearie! kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hmmmmm..... Applied Lesbo Tinz!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by thoniann(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2013
alutacontinua:

I'm talking from d angle of we're nt living together!
If laziness catch him, he's on his own! He shld be eating out, abeg! I bliv he'll survive if i'm not in the picture! cool

Now I see why the number of single ladies is ever on the increase.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by unlimitedmarque: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Religion might not accept it. But its morally right in my own opinion (quote me [my own opinion]) she can come in during weekend help with it and not everyday thing. grin
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2013
Na wa oooh!

Wey some girls dey beg guys say make dem @ least cook for them once a while wink
Some girls get Ephyzy sha! undecided
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Jayclinics(m): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2013
when I first met my gf, first thing she told me is that she cant cook so I ve nt Even bothered her with anything fôôd.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by blaKKy83(f): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2013
mtchewwwwwwww shior
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by raficki87(m): 7:20am On Nov 27, 2013
GentleMimi:
A man hasn't paid your bride price,but u do everything a wife should do....now what should we call that?
Even if a lady is used to household chores in her father's house,she should know her limits in her boyfriend's house.
but a bf does everything a husband does na. i dont get NL chics. Anyway i bliv all this na forming like man wey dey reason when you reach the bridge of 28-30yrs single,you go know!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Couple Who Were Classmates In Primary School Wed (Photos) / Photo Of A Gun Pose By A Wedding Couple And Their Bridal Train Goes Viral / Twitter Users Crowned This Guy As The Face Of Yoruba Demon For This Act (READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.