Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

5 Rules To Survive In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos (24509 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / 5 Rules To Survive In Warri / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by wilybebsy(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
hav spend modan a year in lagos.. Buh i stil prefare abj ;Dhav spend modan a year in lagos.. Buh i stil prefare abj
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by tellwisdom: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Absolute rubbish sad
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by cityhunter1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Guess if u got data like me u aint got no worries there lol....

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Enough of all this hype. If you can survive in any town in Nigeria then you can survive in Lagos. You just need a little bit more zeal. It's not like Lagos is even as rough as it used to be when we used to drag to enter bus. Things are a bit more organized now even more than some other cities. I think the whole surviving in Lagos thingy is over-hyped.

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by jmoore(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
That's how many people got drowned on January 2002. Running with no direction.
IKeja Military cantonment explosion.

rule#3: Not always right

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by shevon: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
nneh1: The worst thing to experience in lagos is the traffic.oh God,the traffic can make you sick over night.if you are the lazy type lagos is definitely not for you.

If you think Lagos traffic is bad, come and taste that of PHC.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by barackohandso(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Enough of all this hype. If you can survive in any town in Nigeria then you can survive in Lagos. You just need a little bit more zeal. It's not like Lagos is even as rough as it used to be when we used to drag to enter bus. Things are a bit more organized now even more than some other cities. I think the whole surviving in Lagos thingy is over-hyped.

It's not oh. Maybe for you, it is but for the average lagosian it's not. No time to check time, all man for himself. You're probably used to it, that's why you made that statement.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
grin
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
I just forgot what i wanted to comment undecided
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by born2boink(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
oasis01: Is this advice or warning?
both
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by StObaino1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Its dat all? Nothing new joor.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sorry which part of Lagos b dis..
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by bionicdude(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
shevon:

If you think Lagos traffic is bad, come and taste that of PHC.
i tell u especially d one on aba road at dat airforce base junction.when you see dat one you will start begging for dem to bring okada back
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by gemini35(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigx: nothing special, same thing in Port Harcourt
wht is same with ph a big lie,i,m in ph,k
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SuperDan1: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=obinoral]6;never waits to give direction to someone, they might scam you.
7; when someone hit you on the road check ur belongings including ur balls for the men.
8; shine you eyes very well before u board a bus to avoid one chance.
9: always shout the name of you bustop when u are inside the bus. To avod being drive past it.
10 make sure u ask for ur balance or change from the conductor.
11: be ready to walk like a mad man when u are on the road.
12 ; u must wake up early to beat hold up and return late to beat hold up.
13 : always add traffic time to any appointment u are having.
14: always negotiate with the conductor before u board a bus. Eg if he say tfare is 200# tell me u will pay 120# will ask you to pay 150 tell me i have 120# then he will say do you have change, which implies he as agreed.
16: if you have big denomination try to collect the smaller ones around you in the bus then pay the conductor
17; never give dose boys and girls hawking on the road ur money make sure u collect ur good and ur balance before u give dem ur money.
18; there is nothing u sell in lagos dt will not sell.[I have to agree with you absolutely]

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Abbey2sam(m): 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lasgidy state of mind
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Waspy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
If you made it in Lagos, you can make it anywhere in the World..... Forget whatever JayZ said
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Number 3 is poorly conceived. That's how people foolishly ran into the canal and died. Yoruba people too dey fear, in my part of delta state when we hear gunshots or a loud noise we investigate before judging to run or not.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by funnyx(m): 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lagos ko Lagos ni grin grin

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by mystical10: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
No man's land, hmm make yoruba guys or FFk hear u say that one. Them go yab u. U knw, the way yorubas dey take respect person na thesame wey them dey take yab person, u go see ppl frm ekiti, kwara, ondo etc they claim lagos owner. They go say Go ur village and live our lagos illori, oshogbo na lagos. lmaooo
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Afrocatalyst: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
mystical10: No man's land, hmm make yoruba guys or FFk hear u say that one. Them go yab u. U knw, the way yorubas dey take respect person na thesame wey them dey take yab person, u go see ppl frm ekiti, kwara, ondo etc they claim lagos owner. They go say Go ur village and live our lagos illori, oshogbo na lagos. lmaooo
hmmm... The measure they respect you is the measure they'll yab you... Stil deliberating on that.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by LilianArts: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
u are right. Lagos is a lawless city
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
i quite agree with sum of ur point bt d aspect of blowing SIREN is totally wrng...i hardly c dat in lasgidi(except dos vans conveyning money)..even d state Governor doesn't use dat...
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by bizfirst: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is Lagos...so true OP, especially the uniformed guys and the landlords.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
blink182: Number 3 is poorly conceived. That's how people foolishly ran into the canal and died. Yoruba people too dey fear, in my part of delta state when we hear gunshots or a loud noise we investigate before judging to run or not.

Are you mentally challenged? Wetin carry Yoruba enter this one now?

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
funnyx: Lagos ko Lagos ni grin grin

O shey baba mi
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by gulfer: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigx:

I've lived extensively in both, the rules he mentioned above are the same in Both.
Police, Running, Sirens, Landlords,

If it was traffic and being generally hectic that where mentioned, in that aspect they are different
hi Bigx, u don't seem to ever visit our cartalk section again; why Bro? Remember, we all made it happen.grin grin
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by tucee31: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
No fresh air to breathe in Lagos...

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by bigx(m): 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
gulfer: hi Bigx, u don't seem to ever visit our cartalk section again; why Bro? Remember, we all made it happen.grin grin

Lol, long time, I visit ooo, almost everyday but I just read only
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by GetGuide: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
grin grin grin
For real landlords are king in Lagos
If you have not secured another place don't fucck with your Landlord

3 in one Original human Brazilian hair at affordable price
Pls see the link below
Thanks
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by omiobo: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
In lagos,the only language Bus drivers and conductors is OWA! If you are a JJC,before you enter bus,learn how to shout owa!
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by mrofficial(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
mystical10: No man's land, hmm make yoruba guys or FFk hear u say that one. Them go yab u. U knw, the way yorubas dey take respect person na thesame wey them dey take yab person, u go see ppl frm ekiti, kwara, ondo etc they claim lagos owner. They go say Go ur village and live our lagos illori, oshogbo na lagos. lmaooo

Of course. What would you expect? Saying Lagos is no man's land has automatically made him a common enemy. Yorubas remain Yorubas. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men's Legs Broken After Ghastly Accident With A Speeding Vehicle. Graphic Photos / Fatal Accident In Nasarawa State Leaves Four Dead [PHOTOS] / Kenyan Police Chopper Crashes (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.