Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

5 Rules To Survive In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos (24508 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / 5 Rules To Survive In Warri / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by funmemezy: 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
I gues d pple over hyping lagos havnt been to oda states befor,i ve been i lagos goin to two years now n all i xperienc is not dat differnt frm dat of ilorin,its only a slowpoke who wil get to wea to alight n wil not shout d yoruba word "owa". Owa is simply tellin d driva dat somone wil aligt at a particular place. Aspa d trafik its evrywea. I jst wonda y ppl kip exagerratin. Agberos (touts)are evrywea,d only tin is some schools are pretty much xpensive(private schl)
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
pendusky: i could remember those years in Lagos, wake up by 4am get to VI from Ajah in 20-30mins, or wake up by 6am you reach VI from Ajah by 9am, one funny thing in Lagos is Dont ask anyone for directions, cheesy cheesy cheesy anyway it was fun though co everyone was on their own. Welcome to Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZwJ2DXtLPg
Everybody watch dis video if u can.... so touching.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by spicytayomic(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lagos for show....
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by DonaldGenes(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
In my entire life, I have never been to lasgidiville,
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by jairusben(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigx: nothing special, same thing in Port Harcourt
true talk sef... I gbadu ph city pass lag
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by nairaman66(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Cyber_mugu: just five, come to warri.. I assure that the list is not going to end. #fact

Na which WARRI u dey talk about? I hope say na the one wey dey ur village.. WARRI is the sweetest place on Earth!
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by viruz007(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigx: nothing special, same thing in Port Harcourt

true that.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by mrstanley: 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hello friends, my name is Stanley. i want to use this medium to share the secret my success. Do you wanna earn money online? Do you want to make cool and legit money with ease? If yes, then this is your opportunity to start making a good living. All you need to do is to Upload a Unique video; it may be Educative, Entertainment or Events-based videos and earn Massive money when people clicks to watch on any of your videos. OR, Another way is by PROMOTING already Produced videos. All you need to do is to copy the video's unique URL Link and Paste it on any of your Blogs, facebook or twitter, or which ever way you can get massive audience/views and make your money as people click to watch.

Is it not Easy? i cant really tell you how much i have made but all i can tell you is that i have made enough from it. I Believe and Hope that this Message would help someone out there. But before you can start earning, you have to Register. Just click on the link bellow and Register for Free so that you can start to make amazing income like me. Thanks for your Cooperation. Click here to Register: http://ireporterstv.co/ir_dashboard.php?action=signup&rid=39543
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by davuvid(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
shevon:

If you think Lagos traffic is bad, come and taste that of PHC.
my friend, PHC dey learn work.....av u heard of ejigbo..just ask ppl, dem go yan u

P.S......PHC express lanes are narrow..unlike Lagos were u've got very wide express lanes but still d hold up still tie wrapper

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Yeske2(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
Same Lagos i grew up in, so so different now.Ikeja to Dopemu to Ayobo, all same. These were all my hoods. I can't fit shout.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Iswear if you ve lived in Lagos you can survive anywhere in the world!! lool Lasgidi teaches you everything about life,
-Teaches you the luxury side of life and how to flex like a boss, e.g VI, Vgc, The island generally.

- Teaches you the ghetto side of life and how to hustle like a badman, e.g mushin , Aj City...

- Teaches you the tricky side of life and how to shine your eyes, e.g those ladipo phone sellers that ll replace your newly bought phone with one filled with fufu in a split second shocked, and those guys in oshodi that ll sell phone to you at a ridiculous price and then wait for you some kilometres away with clubs and sticks grin grin.

- Kills every bit of fear in you E.g flying okada on oshodi express way to beat traffic (omor I do am wella grin), crossing busy 10 lane highways on the daily, when these white mans be waiting for zebra crossing and traffic lights to cross one way road loool smh... infact If you don't have an okada exhaust pipe burn scar on your leg, you didn't live in lasgidi grin

- Teaches you HOPE.. only in lagos lekan that was doing kolé kolé yesterday will sing nonsense and be making headlines and signing multi miillion naira deals the next day!!

All y'all calling warri and PortHarcourt lai lai, they ve got nothing on lagos, lagos is a mixture of every tribe,character, personality and specie grin... If you lived in lagos and you still be mumu, then you need divine intervention. Lagos is newyork of Africa.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by richoko60: 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=oasis01]Is this advice or warning?
BOTH
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Crixina(f): 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
adexsimply:
Village girl grin grin
like I said...I gree grin
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by alotofgrace(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Rexnegro(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2013
@op...in ur first rule...u called lagos a no man's land...pls never u call Lagos a no man's land again...Lagos belong to the tribe called yoruba...just because yoruba are accommodating don't make Lagos or any where in d west a no man's land......don't come and spark tribal war pls!!!! So correct ursef next time....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by adetunjiadeola: 12:48am On Nov 29, 2013
Though I leave in lagos and travelled to some places,thank god to the life and experience I had in lagos,I mean the orientation I got,but I asked myself a qustion,is this a life we are living in lagos in the 21st century?pls reject hell before u die.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SirHackeem: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2013
adexsimply:
That's the part I love most grin grin

E be like say na gala you dey sell inside the traffic abi, this one you dey talk say na im you like pass...
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SirHackeem: 8:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Rexnegro: @op...in ur first rule...u called lagos a no man's land...pls never u call Lagos a no man's land again...Lagos belong to the tribe called yoruba...just because yoruba are accommodating don't make Lagos or any where in d west a no man's land......don't come and spark tribal war pls!!!! So correct ursef next time....

Don't mind the idiot OP, he/she is probably one of those poor people their forefathers trekked down to lagos to settle down back in those days so they forget Lagos has its own indigenes, the founding fathers and the families that welcomed them with open arms. The reason lag is like this is cos lots of the people that are here are not relevant and dem no wan gree go back to their village if we pursue non-lagosian and leave only the relevant ones, the business men regardless of tribe lag would be far better than these. Lagos is not a no man's land okay!
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SirHackeem: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: Iswear if you ve lived in Lagos you can survive anywhere in the world!! lool Lasgidi teaches you everything about life,
-Teaches you the luxury side of life and how to flex like a boss, e.g VI, Vgc, The island generally.

- Teaches you the ghetto side of life and how to hustle like a badman, e.g mushin , Aj City...

- Teaches you the tricky side of life and how to shine your eyes, e.g those ladipo phone sellers that ll replace your newly bought phone with one filled with fufu in a split second shocked, and those guys in oshodi that ll sell phone to you at a ridiculous price and then wait for you some kilometres away with clubs and sticks grin grin.

- Kills every bit of fear in you E.g flying okada on oshodi express way to beat traffic (omor I do am wella grin), crossing busy 10 lane highways on the daily, when these white mans be waiting for zebra crossing and traffic lights to cross one way road loool smh... infact If you don't have an okada exhaust pipe burn scar on your leg, you didn't live in lasgidi grin

- Teaches you HOPE.. only in lagos lekan that was doing kolé kolé yesterday will sing nonsense and be making headlines and signing multi miillion naira deals the next day!!

All y'all calling warri and PortHarcourt lai lai, they ve got nothing on lagos, lagos is a mixture of every tribe,character, personality and specie grin... If you lived in lagos and you still be mumu, then you need divine intervention. Lagos is newyork of Africa.

Korrect! You get sense. #Jekanmo!
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SirHackeem: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2013
Isale Eko
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2013
django1:

Are you mentally challenged? Wetin carry Yoruba enter this one now?
because lagos is highly populated with yorubas, op is most likely one and they are infecting non yoruba lagosians with their fear. Call me names or not a yoruba man can't stand where a deltan is when it comes to bravery.

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by brabus(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Enough of all this hype. If you can survive in any town in Nigeria then you can survive in Lagos. You just need a little bit more zeal. It's not like Lagos is even as rough as it used to be when we used to drag to enter bus. Things are a bit more organized now even more than some other cities. I think the whole surviving in Lagos thingy is over-hyped.

Bros, you must be joking! I'd rather do N70k job in Ogun or oyo state than pick N200k job in Lagos.

I've lived in both state and I can show you Lagos isn't a place for all with concrete evidence especially if you're upcoming. Take that fact.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by SirHackeem: 8:15am On Nov 29, 2013
blink182: because lagos is highly populated with yorubas, op is most likely one and they are infecting non yoruba lagosians with their fear. Call me names or not a yoruba man can't stand where a deltan is when it comes to bravery.

The brave might rule the cowards same way the strong might rule the weak buh the wise rule both the brave and strong. Brave soldiers die on the battle ground, Wise soldiers die on the battle ground, become legends and have their names forever remembered in history. The point is this, Lagos represents and stands for wisdom, either you a lagosian, schooling here, working here or just visiting..you get a taste of wisdom. That's why even your so called delta brave people still dey lotta lagosians maga money cos for some reasons dem just brave buh dem no really wise. #no-offence though and not tryna be tribalistic or anything..don't take it personal that's just the way it is.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2013
...then Abuja is a haven.i went 2 lag but ran back 2 my s.e.r.e.n.e abj,lag is too rough,i cnt live there.period!
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by naijaboiy: 8:19am On Nov 29, 2013
This is sooo true!! Came here yestaday,the traffic here na die...got first hand experience of jumping a bus
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by idrizzy: 8:22am On Nov 29, 2013
is lagos fresh air different?
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 29, 2013
blink182: because lagos is highly populated with yorubas, op is most likely one and they are infecting non yoruba lagosians with their fear. Call me names or not a yoruba man can't stand where a deltan is when it comes to bravery.

What is bravery? Give me an example of a brave delta man.
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2013
Sir Hackeem:

E be like say na gala you dey sell inside the traffic abi, this one you dey talk say na im you like pass...
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2013
Rexnegro: @op...in ur first rule...u called lagos a no man's land...pls never u call Lagos a no man's land again...Lagos belong to the tribe called yoruba...just because yoruba are accommodating don't make Lagos or any where in d west a no man's land......don't come and spark tribal war pls!!!! So correct ursef next time....

Y not find a reason y Lagos is called a no mans land in Nigeria and deal with it once and for all.
In SE, Enugu capital basically belongs to Enugu indigenes but as an Enugu indigene, I know Enugu capital is a no-mans land for all igbos.
Same goes for Abuja, its also a no mans land for obvious reasons
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 29, 2013
brabus:

Bros, you must be joking! I'd rather do N70k job in Ogun or oyo state than pick N200k job in Lagos.

I've lived in both state and I can show you Lagos isn't a place for all with concrete evidence especially if you're upcoming. Take that fact.

Biko, tell me more.
has lag gone that bad?
70>200k
hmmm
Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2013
What wil profit a guy lyk me in lagos. When i got all i need here in calabar.

1 Like

Re: 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos by brabus(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Biko, tell me more.
has lag gone that bad?
70>200k
hmmm

Yes, that's what it is. Tolls everywhere, unavoidable traffic everyday, overly expensive accommodation, daily harassment and extortion by law enforcement officials, higher cost of living.. and more.

Other cities that I've been too in Nigeria are relatively peaceful and fairly okay for average Nigerian. Lagos is not a place for you if your gross salary is just N1.5m

You can only survive if you're an orphan, do not intend to get married and live responsibly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men's Legs Broken After Ghastly Accident With A Speeding Vehicle. Graphic Photos / Fatal Accident In Nasarawa State Leaves Four Dead [PHOTOS] / Kenyan Police Chopper Crashes (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.