Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People (29120 Views)

Jonathan Hated Rivers People; Wike Can Sell His Mother – Amaechi / Couple Campaigns For APC With APC Customized Traditional Wedding Cake (photo) / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by FreeWill01: 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
nairaarea:

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THE TRUTH.

IF HE DECIDES TO CONTEST AS PRESIDENT(NOT VICE PRESIDENT) OF NIGERIA...I WILL VOTE FOR HIM BECAUSE OF HIS TRACK RECORD IN MY VILLAGE.

Yeah, he wouldn't fit in as a vice president, at least not with GEJ running for a second term.
Where's your village?
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by dodoro(m): 11:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Gov Amaechi is a very courageous politician. I like his style and sagacity. I wish all politicians will follow this line of saying it as it is and keeeping their eyes on the ball. Welldone HE Gov Amaechi. You are a man of many parts.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by FreeWill01: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
glen87: gReater Portharcourt is it not about a particulaar land around Igwirita that was mapped out for people to buy land from govt and develop? Did he build any thing there?Amaechi dey learn work.

Amaechi sabi this work, no worry yourself, the new stadium is at greater port Harcourt, the new bus terminal is there, just look for a way to get the greater ph plan. I'm not fighting for this guy, for all I care he is making a huge political blunder coming out for VP to a northerner at this particular time, good move, bad timing, but the dude is a capable governor.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:03am On Nov 28, 2013
He really wants to run for the head office as rumoured Amaechi President and Rochas Nice Ngige Senate President who said the East does not know how to play Poli-tricks grin
I know they have the voters of APC's support here is your long awaited Fresh Air hahaha. When my people get involved in any venture they always kn0w how to take it to the next level grin Well done wink
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:06am On Nov 28, 2013
FreeWill01:

Amaechi sabi this work, no worry yourself, the new stadium is at greater port Harcourt, the new bus terminal is there, just look for a way to get the greater ph plan. I'm not fighting for this guy, for all I care he is making a huge political blunder coming out for VP to a northerner at this particular time, good move, bad timing, but the dude is a capable governor.
Who needs VP you got it wrong he will be the Presido Roaches VP and Ngige Senate President this is what the APC voters want. APC is smart they know what they are doing this is how they will show that they are truly progressive!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:08am On Nov 28, 2013
dodoro: Gov Amaechi is a very courageous politician. I like his style and sagacity. I wish all politicians will follow this line of saying it as it is and keeeping their eyes on the ball. Welldone HE Gov Amaechi. You are a man of many parts.
So your ready to vote for him to be the President right!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by betadaz: 3:46am On Nov 28, 2013
My prayer: Oh God, please may I not be a willing tool in the hands of my enemies like Alhaji Rotimi. Ngige now has the feedback of betraying his people. Rochas can also see his end without a telescope. Lesson one - over ambitious people will also fall into their enemy hands.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by sbeezy8: 4:13am On Nov 28, 2013
I think its funny- two years ago there MANY POSTERS SAYING AMAECHI WAS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN Nigeria better than Fashola,

Now he joined apc - he is all of a sudden a black sheep and outcast- "he is not performing blah blah"

Hypocritical ediots. carry on jare!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by adconline(m): 4:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Promises vs delivery. $20bn vs all the projects he listed.. U be the judge.. I know for sure that $20bn can build a brand new from ground up.
Naija is doomed!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by geniusbami(m): 6:32am On Nov 28, 2013
The first five replies to this post sound like they actually read the entire post before commenting, that's a good one. It means this can no longer be hidden in books for Nigerians; there's hope for Nigeria.

To the issues here, in life there must be choices. Gov Rotimi Amaechi has only exercised his right of choice. We don't have a perfect political party yet, but we will keep evolving till we get there.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Demdem(m): 6:49am On Nov 28, 2013
9jagirl4re: So your ready to vote for him to be the President right!

Did he tell u that he would be contesting for President or any elective position?
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by nairaarea: 7:22am On Nov 28, 2013
adconline: Promises vs delivery. $20bn vs all the projects he listed.. U be the judge.. I know for sure that $20bn can build a brand new from ground up.
Naija is doomed!

OK SO OTHER GOVERNORS DO NOT RECEIVE FEDERAL ALLOCATION ABI. IN DUE COURSE A COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNT INCLUDING SALARIES OF WORKERS WILL BE RELEASED BY THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT. THE PROJECTS I LISTED ARE 1/10TH OF PROJECTS IN RIVERS STATE.

RIVERS STATE SAVES ONE BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH. BE PATIENT FOR THE COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNT. HOPE YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNOR WILL DO THE SAME

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by krixik(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Amaechi political career is doomed. He should ask Atiku what has become of him after leaving PDP.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by adconline(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2013
nairaarea:

OK SO OTHER GOVERNORS DO NOT RECEIVE FEDERAL ALLOCATION ABI. IN DUE COURSE A COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNT INCLUDING SALARIES OF WORKERS WILL BE RELEASED BY THE RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT. THE PROJECTS I LISTED ARE 1/10TH OF PROJECTS IN RIVERS STATE.

RIVERS STATE SAVES ONE BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH. BE PATIENT FOR THE COMPREHENSIVE ACCOUNT. HOPE YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNOR WILL DO THE SAME

This is not Amaechi vs my governor cos u have no idea if he's my governor. $20bn amassed, yet PHC is shtty as hell. If he built this type of primary school at the cost on N100 million each, he can build 33,4000 primary schools.. Putting it in context for the mathematically and logically challenged. The cost of his jet alone can build 100 primary schools..
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by robola: 8:29am On Nov 28, 2013
What i'll like to know is, how much resources can amaechi generate in rivers that he 's mouthing about pjs he is executing. The money still comes from d FG if u ask me.
Anyway good riddance to bad rubbish 4 as they say ' it is beta 4 a faithless brother to b in the enemies camp than at ur back'
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by obyrich(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2013
Orikinla: Majority of APC states are more advanced in development than PDP states.
Look at the State of Osun that is not even an oil producing state, but far ahead of the oil producing Bayelsa state that wastes billions of naira on hosting entertainment events instead of creating jobs for the thousands of jobless youths.
Then the family of the governor of Akwa Ibom prefer to live in the APC state of Lagos where they are safer.

So, let the facts speak for the two parties and not tribal bigotry of re-tarded people.
Yoruba people in politics are on a mission to better the lots of their people while the South-South and South East folks are only interested in lining their pockets. There is nothing in APC as a party to checkmate the greedy and pilfering proclivities of these profiteerers. If the APC is interested in bringing about CHANGE as they claim, they should groom a new set of politicians with a burning passion for CHANGE. APC is putting old wine in new wine-skins. They should know that try as it can, a leopard cannot wash off its spots. We are not fools. Na the same people. Reminds me of Orji Kalu and his PPA. T.A ORJI is the outcome of that experiment. Go to Abia and see how 'progressive' that state is today. Whether ECN, PHCN, NEPA or whatever, darkness is the end result!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by robola: 8:33am On Nov 28, 2013
9jagirl4re: Who needs VP you got it wrong he will be the Presido Roaches VP and Ngige Senate President this is what the APC voters want. APC is smart they know what they are doing this is how they will show that they are truly progressive!

in ur dreams bro. Amaechi president, rochas vp n ngigie senate pres. U dey ds country so? The north will never allow it. Infact no let prof ango abdullahi hear u!!
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by mofuflex(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Arosa: Is it constitutional to join another party while in office, Is he not supposed to resign? undecided

They already fulfilled the constitutional requirement by First introducing d quarrels,disagreement,Factionalisation et al...in clear terms as stipulated by that clause in the constitution,G7 governors knew they were gonna defect eventually. So its just a script they played out
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by mercurie(f): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2013
wiseguy:

I wonder o. What really is the problem with people. You are tired of the marriage btw U and Ur wife. You divorced her and when she marries another man, you started shouting she has made a mistake. Wetin be una own na? Abegi, make una free Amaechi. As far as am concerned, he has done well for his people. I have bn in PHC frm the time of Odili till now. You can't compare d two administrations at all. Amaechi is way ahead.

Yeah! dis particular point about difference in development of amaechi and odili's administration is really true. Amaechi made a difference, no one can contest that he didn't when it comes to education, health care, farms, employment(indigene and non indigenes) and building structures in Rivers/S. I think its only d roads that are slow maybe because of d contractors. I wish he didn't fall in2 all dese problems. May God help him and even his brothers that are betraying him most. Proudly Ikwerre/Rivers/NigerDelta/Naija
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by naijanaso: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2013
[b]This is complete nonsense. Amaechi you are not doing this for Rivers people, but for yourself, family and immediate cabinet. What has your govt done for these oil host communities so far? I am privileged to work in the oil industry and I know what I am talking about.
Amaechi in a press statement that has been aired over 100 times in the local radios said ''WE ARE NOT CALLING ANYBODY, WE WILL FIGHT THE POLICE OURSELVES...BOYS AND GIRLS COME OUT AND FIGHT THE POLICE WHEN WE CALL YOU...'' How does this go down well with the people of the state. Where are his own children? You want innocent people to fight the police that you have personally created enmity with...HAND WEY SCATTER BEE, NA HIM BEE GO STING.
This man has practically scattered Rivers State and is coming out to shout for solidarity.
People always want to compare Odili and Amaechi...you should be comparing Amaechi with serving governors. Odili was also seen as one of the best in his time...And for those who do not know, Amaechi is yet to give PH any new road. It was actually Odili who made most of the roads that Amaechi is only expanding or filling as the case may be. Talk of the Odili road, New Airport road that cuts through Eliozu, the one God sent road that connects Woji to Slaughter which brought light at the end of a very dark Tunnel for those living at Woji, The Igbo Etche road that links to Eneka and more, these are all brain works of Odili. Odili had free school buses and civil servant buses including the Rivline rail that was conveying workers from Obigbo to PH. Bursary was paid to Students of the State to help in school fees matter, Just to mention a few.
If Odili did not do well, then Amaechi was behind the failure because he was the Speaker of the RSHA as of then. All these praises for Amaech will stop when he leaves office and the bad side of him start unfolding.
My point: He should stop dragging innocent Rivers Populace to his POWER DRUNKEN QUEST mistakes.[/b]
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by naijanaso: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2013
There was an article that compared Amaechi's Rivers state and the country of Rwanda...Read through it and you will hate Amaechi.
Here is the Link...

https://www.nairaland.com/1447940/rivers-state-vs-rwanda-why
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by amaraudo: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2013
When will the language of nigerian politicians change? Where are the roads to these schools and hospitals? why is personal interests override public interest in our country? Mankind has no clue to our numerous problems, not only in politics, i encourage all nigerians to lookaway from the present crop of rulers and wait prayerfully and patiently for the comming of tye LORD. Politically no hope.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Akainzo(m): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2013
naijanaso: This is complete nonsense. Amaechi you are not doing this for Rivers people, but for yourself, family and immediate cabinet. What has your govt done for these oil host communities so far? I am privileged to work in the oil industry and I know what I am talking about.

What has your company done for the oil host communities?

naijanaso: Amaechi in a press statement that has been aired over 100 times in the local radios said ''WE ARE NOT CALLING ANYBODY, WE WILL FIGHT THE POLICE OURSELVES...BOYS AND GIRLS COME OUT AND FIGHT THE POLICE WHEN WE CALL YOU...'' How does this go down well with the people of the state. Where are his own children? You want innocent people to fight the police that you have personally created enmity with...HAND WEY SCATTER BEE, NA HIM BEE GO STING.
This man has practically scattered Rivers State and is coming out to shout for solidarity.

On which of the local stations have you heard that? Please share with me.

naijanaso: People always want to compare Odili and Amaechi...you should be comparing Amaechi with serving governors. Odili was also seen as one of the best in his time...And for those who do not know, Amaechi is yet to give PH any new road. It was actually Odili who made most of the roads that Amaechi is only expanding or filling as the case may be. Talk of the Odili road, New Airport road that cuts through Eliozu, the one God sent road that connects Woji to Slaughter which brought light at the end of a very dark Tunnel for those living at Woji, The Igbo Etche road that links to Eneka and more, these are all brain works of Odili.

You are indeed pathetic. Do we take it then that Oduah has not done anything in Aviation since no new airport has been built?
Do you really want to compare that Eliozu-Airport Road that was being patched even as they were constructing it, that became an eyesore within a year to the completely re-built one that Amaechi put there? And please don't get me started on the Woji bridge, what Odili built there shows a man without vision.

naijanaso: Odili had free school buses and civil servant buses including the Rivline rail that was conveying workers from Obigbo to PH. Bursary was paid to Students of the State to help in school fees matter, Just to mention a few.
If Odili did not do well, then Amaechi was behind the failure because he was the Speaker of the RSHA as of then. All these praises for Amaech will stop when he leaves office and the bad side of him start unfolding.
My point: He should stop dragging innocent Rivers Populace to his POWER DRUNKEN QUEST mistakes.

If Odili did well in your own estimation, then I have no need to have this discussion with you. Remember that some fathers do believe that their kids do well when he/she scores 15/100, as they can at least say he didn't score 0.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Nja147: 10:00am On Nov 28, 2013
Sure, he is not returning as governor either he could become president. politics and strange ways of life. for me l expect the worst from politician. it always personal and selfish reasons. no national interest.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by ikwubaba: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2013
DeCleff: As per development in Rivers State, we are about to
commission about 300 primary schools, we are about to
commission another 70 health centres to add to the 60
we commissioned before. We are about to commission
the Kelsey Harrison hospital at Emenike Street, there is
a new one inside Rivers State University of Science and
Technology Campus, there is a partnership between us
and NDDC for which we have paid NDDC about N960
million for the mother and child hospital and NDDC is
expected to bring about N900 million to make it N1.8
billion for the hospital. The stadium is about to be
completed, so development is actually going on.
working.

Wow! I thought some folks sid this guy ain't working?

Don't mind them. Sometimes I doubt if these people commenting against progressive Amaechi are really from Rivers nay Niger Delta. What does it profit them to have GEJ there forever seizing Rivers wells but not impacting even Bayelsa positively. It is comfirming the the black man has a maggot running in his brain. How come we are like this? Nothing going on for us, but we support a man for no reason but sentiment.

Anyhow, Amaechi cannot be removed unless the GEJ pays some guys to do physical damage to him. GEJ is already a losser. Period. He can only win 2015 by simply disqualifing votes from all APC stronghold and then declaring himself the winner. After this, the America security prediction of crisis in 2015 will come to fruition.
We have to come out en mass to avert this. Common...are we really animals?
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by aviazuva: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2013
I see IBB's hand of advice in Aliyu's last minute withdrawal. Fast one. Aliyu's defection would have affectec IBB's popularity negatively and also made Aliyu's political journey to move at snail speed.

To Rotimi I say Rivers oni baje oo

Buhari is not the problem that innocent Rivers people will face . their problem and their oil well under Rotimi belongs to Jagaban
Before una know wetin dey happen OANDO ad Rotimi shall marry. AVIA AZUVAZIANU
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by sasifo(m): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2013
Dear moderator, please its high time you vet and caution on the use of vulgar and abusive words on the office of Mr. President. Please correct this norm before it gets out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by Vavavoom(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Politics of convenience. Wether it is right to side and serve with the PDP Jews or the APC Greeks only time will tell. However, my shoulders shudder in despair of what imminent danger is before us. We can see it, yet the sacrificail WILL to right it is seems beyond us. We haven't been able to plan, neither distribute our mono-economic wealth to the sactisfaction of the populace. Meanwhile the population is exploding all the time to non-existent jobs. There's a storm coming. A day when the receivers of this ''unplanlessness'' will seek out ''jews and greeks'' on either side of the divide. There will be no use for tribe or religion, only an account of stewardship.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by autchkings: 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
2015 election may end up a tribal battle btw north/west against south south/south east and if Amechi did not take time he 'll make himself an escape goat. put joke and politics aside this is a serious issue and Amechi is running a serious risk with his life. What is going on is beyond politics. Just watch out the true picture of what 'll happen in 2015 and thereafter 'll play out next year,Unless God intervene the name Nigeria may not survive this one.
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by ikwubaba: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Autolord: Notice most or all the G7 governors are on their 2nd term and are simply looking for immunity after embezzling and stealing state funds, cruising in G5's private jets and all..they dont want efcc after them, right now they have immunity...that was their number demand from pdp...efcc shouldnt come after them after they drop from power and our bold Jona disagreed with them saying let them return state funds but them no gree, they now joined APC thinking APC will win and they will continue to enjoy Gov's immunity....Jona will win and they should prepare for efcc to help us recover our state funds..Theives

So with all you can see, Jona is ready to fight corruption. Let him deal with people who don't have immunity first
Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by nairaarea: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
As per development in Rivers State, we are about to
commission about 300 primary schools, we are about to
commission another 70 health centres to add to the 60
we commissioned before. We are about to commission
the Kelsey Harrison hospital at Emenike Street, there is
a new one inside Rivers State University of Science and
Technology Campus, there is a partnership between us
and NDDC for which we have paid NDDC about N960
million for the mother and child hospital and NDDC is
expected to bring about N900 million to make it N1.8
billion for the hospital. The stadium is about to be
completed, so development is actually going on.
working.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People by balladin: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
nairaarea:
I DON'T INSULT PEOPLE

I HAVE SEEN WHAT THIS MAN HAS DONE AND COMPARED TO WHAT HIS PREDECESSOR DID.
HE IS BETTER

I DONT KNOW WHICH STATE YOU ARE FROM BUT EVERY LGA/VILLAGE INCLUDING HAS BENEFITTED FROM AMAECHI.

I CANT WRITE RUBBISH AGAINST A MAN THAT GAVE MY VILLAGE A HEALTH CENTRE, WORLD CLASS SCHOOL, SENT MORE THAN 1000 RIVERS CHILDREN ABROAD ON SCHOLARSHIP, ESTABLISHED 160 HEALTH CENTRES, BUILT ROADS, ETC

I HAVE CONSCIENCE. I CANT INSULT MY GOVERNOR. I RESPECT HIS DECISION. I JUST HOPE YOUR VILLAGE HAS BENEFITTED FROM YOUR GOVERNOR,
I just think you should demand more from your leaders. The reason they are so laid back is because we keep appreciating the little things they do while failing to demand greater accountability from them. Bros, you should demand a lot more from your leaders. They have deceived us so long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Reckless Driving Of PDP Protesters In Abuja Prior To Accident (Video) / Yinka Odumakin: This Vindictive Government Has Used And Dumped Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.