Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83383 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by jmaine: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01: [s]I know many will disagree with my stand, but I still make bold to state my view to the matter.

While the Governor be scolded for letting his emotions get the better of him, it is really provoking that someone comes up with the cheap excuse of 'being a poor widow' to do what is wrong. It is obvious the woman was fully aware of the wrong she was engaged in, hence the struggle to bail herself out with an emotional excuse of being a struggling widow.

The woman was not willing to accept responsibility for her actions, and that might have really gotten on the nerves of the Governor (he is human too). From comments read, some people have attested to the man's humility and all that, so it is only fair to give him the excuse that he was really provoked. Of course, it is obvious he meant the statement figuratively (even though it seems he went too far than expected of him).

I also wish to state here that we should put a hold on our emotions and judge this matter rationally. It is normal that anyone guilty of a crime would seek to exonerate himself/herself, but does that justify the crime? There are many poor widows all over (assuming she is truly a widow) that do not stay on the wrong side of the law and give room to this kind of embarrassing scenario, so what is the fuss about? Every offender could claim to be a widow, widower, orphan, e.t.c., should they all then be pitied and the society allowed to become chaotic?

Fact is the Governor was harsh, but the woman gave room for that. She was simply trying to blackmail the Governor into setting a bad precedence and the man had to take a firm and resolute decision, having in mind that the people he employed to enforce the law were watching to see whether he will compromise or not. She should just have admitted her fault and plead for mercy, rather than play the emotional card. The truth is everyone in that state will now be on their toes and be more inclined to obey the law strictly, to avoid been a 'scape-goat'. We know how Nigerians have to be 'forced' to do what's right.

It is sad that indiscipline has become a way of life for us here and so many supposedly enlightened ones here have decided to approach this matter with emotional sentiments, rather than an objective outlook.

What is wrong is wrong, widow or no widow!

N.B.: Whoever thinks I am here to defend my 'principal' is on his or her own. I am not responsible for your wrong perception of me. Thank you![/s]

Loads of Nonsense . . . . .
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
AOR D MAYOR: Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone. Some of you castigating the Governor would do worse if they are in his shoes. Abi una think say to rule a whole state na bread and beans? Things like this are bound to happen. Let me ask how long can you hold your temper for a month without being provoked.

Whilst we both share same admiration for him, what he did was wrong!!! PERIOD
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Benuromi: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
God have mercy on the poor
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by yomilike(m): 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough: Seriously IDGAF. She shouldn't be trading on the pedestrian.

Sentiments aside, these road side traders are killing SMEs nationwide. It doesn't matter if you're poor, a widow or desperate, you must be mindful of the law.

A roadside seller pays little or no rental but an SME pays rental and utility. Their capital expenditure reflects on the prices of their goods.

That is, a road side seller can sell an orange for N20 Naira and make maximum profit while a shop owner will sell the same orange for N30 and make very minimal profit.

But who's going to buy the same orange for N30 from the shop when you can buy it cheaper at N20 from the roadside seller?

They're killing SMEs period.

WHO B DIS ONE SEF? WHERE U COME FROM ?MCHWEEEEE

Let's skip the emotions and look further. The Governor may be wrong with his choice of words but he's angry and everyone should frown at road side traders.

But why in the name of popsicle do Nigerians like anything illegal?

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by agbameta: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Not surprised to see the usual suspects with their usual emotions and sentiments getting the best of their village and slum mentality...
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Calsito: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
validplanet:

i wonder.... check hw he signs death/execution warrants for condemned criminals. what happened to mercy and pity. is he really as brutal as his face appears?
Now we know why his face is like that(wickedness). Once they get what they want, they then show their true colour. Leaders indeed.
Mr Oshiomole, you will face God one day, and if you continue oppressing the poor, fatherless and widow you may also be told to 'GO TO HELL'.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Zither(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

You didn't read the 8th paragraph properly. Take a deep breath and re-read the paragraph.

BTW we're talking about roadside trading here. It's killing SMEs and people are crying in their shops, they pay Govt taxes, rentals, utility while these illegal roadside sellers steal the market.

Until you learn to suppress those emotions and do the right thing, you can't even lead a family lest a state or a country cos people would always cry.
Does that justify his telling her to 'Go and die'? Do you even understand the negative impact of his careless statement? Is there any justification for it? Forgivable - yes but @ the same time highly condemnable and disapproving especially coming from a State leader.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

I absolutely agree that he was being too harsh and deserves a fair share of the criticisms. But before condemning him to impeachment or something like it, he should be given the chance to make a statement on the matter. If he arrogantly stands by his earlier use of words, then we 'crucify him'; if otherwise, we spare him the benefit of having acted before reasoning.

So we're to wait "if he stands by his comment"? This is why Nigerians will be abused continuously... Like seriously, smh
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ziga: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Only in Naija.

Where human life means absolutely nothing.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
nkwaltd:

I only said that to make the poster feels what the children of the widow will go through,

If someone tell your mother to go and die how do you feel even when your mother is wrong?

I will feel depressed if my mother is caught on camera going against the law, not to talk of this public embarrassment, but I trust her not to do such and I am proud of her being the law-abiding citizen she is.

Does that answer the question?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Gaskia: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
As a long time admirer of the comrade, I am totally dissapointed. I feel sad it's him my hero.
The proliferation of street hawking in Nigeria is a testimony of the increasing dimension of poverty.
Can she afford a shop?
Most cannot. Prices of shops in most cities are out of the reach of the poor.
My dear comrade, this was off the standard I placed you.
Look for this woman and undo this deed please.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
chaircover:

Coogar there are so many like her. I am sure all the things they seized from that woman is probably not up to N5k but that was most probably her livelihood. I was told that N2500 can feed a widow in the village for a month; It puts so much into perspective doesn't it?

My prayer is that I make a difference and that I have cause to put smiles on peoples faces not tears and I pray that God helps me.

Lord raise this widow and other widows up, and Lord raise helpers to help them and to be a source of joy to them Amen.

What they took is far more than 5k. I think it should be far more than 10k. But that is not even the point. Laws exist to help humanity, not to destroy them. Oshiomole has offended God. One of the worst evil in the bible is the oppression of the widow and the orphans. God said, I will kill you myself! It is the only sin with such grave consequences!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Donxavier:

Osiomole was wrong, there is no way to justify his actions

i dont buy media hype, the camera was rolling when he said those words.

clearly there's more going on than what we are seeing.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by andyanders: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01: I know many will disagree with my stand, but I still make bold to state my view to the matter.

While the Governor be scolded for letting his emotions get the better of him, it is really provoking that someone comes up with the cheap excuse of 'being a poor widow' to do what is wrong. It is obvious the woman was fully aware of the wrong she was engaged in, hence the struggle to bail herself out with an emotional excuse of being a struggling widow.

The woman was not willing to accept responsibility for her actions, and that might have really gotten on the nerves of the Governor (he is human too). From comments read, some people have attested to the man's humility and all that, so it is only fair to give him the excuse that he was really provoked. Of course, it is obvious he meant the statement figuratively (even though it seems he went too far than expected of him).

I also wish to state here that we should put a hold on our emotions and judge this matter rationally. It is normal that anyone guilty of a crime would seek to exonerate himself/herself, but does that justify the crime? There are many poor widows all over (assuming she is truly a widow) that do not stay on the wrong side of the law and give room to this kind of embarrassing scenario, so what is the fuss about? Every offender could claim to be a widow, widower, orphan, e.t.c., should they all then be pitied and the society allowed to become chaotic?

Fact is the Governor was harsh, but the woman gave room for that. She was simply trying to blackmail the Governor into setting a bad precedence and the man had to take a firm and resolute decision, having in mind that the people he employed to enforce the law were watching to see whether he will compromise or not. She should just have admitted her fault and plead for mercy, rather than play the emotional card. The truth is everyone in that state will now be on their toes and be more inclined to obey the law strictly, to avoid been a 'scape-goat'. We know how Nigerians have to be 'forced' to do what's right.

It is sad that indiscipline has become a way of life for us here and so many supposedly enlightened ones here have decided to approach this matter with emotional sentiments, rather than an objective outlook.

N.B.: Whoever thinks I am here to defend my 'principal' is on his or her own. I am not responsible for your wrong perception of me. Thank you!

Note, this woman was not selling as you can see from the video that all her goods were packed in a carton and the bag there was also tied with rope. She came down from a bus and waiting to cross the road before the animal called governor swooped on her. Why must he tell the woman to go and die?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

So we're to wait "if he stands by his comment"? This is why Nigerians will be abused continuously... Like seriously, smh

What happened to fair-hearing? If he apologizes, we should still insist on his having his head for supper?

I guess you forget he has committed no wrong in the eyes of the law? Can we say that of the woman?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by nkwaltd: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

I will feel depressed if my mother is caught on camera going against the law, not to talk of this public embarrassment, but I trust her not to do such and I am proud of her being the law-abiding citizen she is.

SAINTS FAMILY grin grin grin
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by mactonnyso: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
If to say i be INEC chairman, I for tell that oshiomole man To Go And Die during his APC protest in Abuja
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

You are an unrepentant and callous hypocrite. Keep giving answers that only show the state of your heart! You dont even understand the laws of mercy and sound judgement. Holier than thou nincompoop. I can see you have never broken the law before. You are a saint who only wears white cloths! Adamu! Talking like a potential terrorist!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by edo3(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pls i can't watch it with ma nokia C3...abeg anybody 4 here wey wan sell hm BB 4 2K??bt I feel 4 d woman sha...

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by ifyalways(f): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
[b]Im really struggling not to abuse some people here. I mean are y'all daft or your eyes are on vacation. Gosh !

Bus stopped this woman at side A of the street with her wares. She stays at side B and has to cross with her wares. Whell barrows/truck pushers cant cross the highway to carry her wares so her only option was to find help or keep them on the walk way temporarily,then probably load on her head and cross to side B.

Oshimole caught her while she was about to do.

Now,common sense,i mean even a day old baby can tell that the woman is not hawking anything by the road side. For God's sake those are ctns of satchet tomatoes,cheese balls,bobo juice,canoe soap,omo detergent ,indomie noodles and all are sealed. It's so obvious! so freaking obvious.

How could anyone be this daft and mean,so careless with words and so wicked at heart? How ?

Perhaps this woman took LAPO loan? She might have borrowed from mkt women contribution? One of the late husbands siblings might have cursed her out before giving her that money? All that gone.Not just that but also asked to go and die?

God. I cannot fathom this.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by niceeric(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
I bet most of d people saying the Governor is right didn't even watch the video.....my take on the matter is no one should because of what he/she wants the community to see him as-in this case a stern person,an upright person etc make his words show or portray lack of compassion...life is a roller coaster,the person on top would at some point be the one below...a word is enough for the wise
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by AdekunleBalogun: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Please watch this video before you comment, you will be surprised that the woman herself knew she has committed an offence that seems to put other peoples life in danger...
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tellwisdom: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zither: GO TO HELL!! angry

You are a very foolish boi??..Are those people not husband and wife?? sad
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

i dont buy media hype, the camera was rolling when he said those words.

clearly there's more going on than what we are seeing.

I cant see you will even deny your name just to score a stup1d point! I said it before. This thread is exposing the callous, the wicked, the animals and the merciless amongst us! It will be saved for posterity! Terrorists!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by maximas(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
You guys fail the admit the diffent between business and fevor, What Govnor did is business you dont mix business and pleassure. Her thing wr not distroy. Maximasclinton@gmail.com
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Sermwell(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Once again I want to thank you all for viewing and commenting on my thread! This is my first post ever on nairaland and it made front page!The feeling is wonderfull! Cheers!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01: I know many will disagree with my stand, but I still make bold to state my view to the matter.

N.B.: Whoever thinks I am here to defend my 'principal' is on his or her own. I am not responsible for your wrong perception of me. Thank you!

The issue is not whether the woman was obeying the law or not. The issue is how she was treated and the behaviour of the governor towards her. A lawbreaker still have some right. If she was breaking the law, then let her be treated according to the law. What I saw in that video is the highest degree of uncivility ever recorded of anyone in public service.

So, if you are the governor, that will be your behaviour towards her. Also, assuming she was feigning being a video, it is not enough for a governor to tell her to go and die.
May be he is not aware that there are people looking up to him and he has either disappointed or corrupted them.

One thing i can assure you is this: The woman will liver longer than him.

If anyone is NLder is in Benin, please shout out. I am will send you money to go and contact the lady. I want get her back and running in her business (even better than what she had before). I am sure there are others in here and around the world that share this sentiment!

This is why i so hate to be an employee of a company.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

I cant see you will even deny your name just to score a stup1d point! I said it before. This thread is exposing the callous, the wicked, the animals and the merciless amongst us! It will be saved for posterity! Terrorists!

better save your own self for posterity, your prison thread is still there, will be saved for posterity also.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

What happened to fair-hearing? If he apologizes, we should still insist on his having his head for supper?

I guess you forget he has committed no wrong in the eyes of the law? Can we say that of the woman?

Fair hearing? I don't see him extending same hand of fair-hearing to a woman who pleaded with you. God forbid me have his ugly battered, wicked head for supper, but YES, I will want him to resign immediately.

Politics is a profession where you lead the people, each profession has guided rules of ethical representation, and being a governor doesn't exempt you from that rules. So YES he committed no crime but he committed a WRONG, had it been here in the states, I will support calls for his removal from office immediately. The woman is a citizen, at least the woman doesn't hold an authority and she's by no means obligated to live up to public standards other than not breaking the law, however, this is opposite to a so-called leader who are held to standards and expectations...

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by digitalman: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
The problem if you give her 500 dolars she might keep it at home and change state of work(begging)
payless: That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

This is what you get after 14 year rule of PDP.

I haven't cried in a long time, I had tears in my eyes this morning. I was pained seeing that lady. If anyone can find me the crying widow, I have a $500 for her to launch her business again.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by akereconfi: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
9jauk: We need to respect the rules of law,Oshimole is human,is a sleep of tongue,he has massive sense of humour,na my border they thr concept would never make Nigeria to progress,Great Job Governor.

Please go back to school and learn how to READ and WRITE

Fool of the highest ranking

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (34) (Reply)

Tony Kabaka At APC Grand Rally Today In Edo (Photos) / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.