Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83254 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by patriotic007: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
The problem with oshiomhole is that he talks too much and acts according to impulse,....he does not think Before he talks or acts,....What he did is a sacrilage in the land because widows are well recognised from time immemorial,....Imagine if he is the president of Nigeria?abeg GEJ is a blessing
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by born2boink(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Until you give up those emotions, it'll be hard for you to push forward in life. I'm a Medical Doctor and I can assure you that I've seen more emotions from patients in ICU but that doesn't mean that the surgery wouldn't be performed.

Think about the greater good. If everyone starts crying and begging like this woman, what do you think would be of our society?

Armed robbers cry too
Ritualists cry more
Even Kidnappers
...name them.

You cannot rule a state or a family wearing a sweat pant. Rules are rules and any who defaults must face the law. It's that simple.
How did you qualify as doctor in first place? Evidence of education and common sense are not equal. Sir! You may be a qualify doctor with good degree but where did you keep the common sense. I think you need to search your locker for the common sense and repost again

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Atigba: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oshiomole is a BAD man
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by jice(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oshomole has been a man who talks before he thinks and at the time he's done with thinking his pride does not allow him to say sorry. one day the day will get dawn in his house only. He will come out of thr street to find no other person but himself alone. Possibly he will realise then.
I am not surprised anyway. it is their way. you know them.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

What has PHOTOSHOP got to do with all these things?

the media are manipulative when it comes to this man.

that is all.

So, the Governor was told to say, "you are a widow, go and die"

not impossible.

does that sound like the kind of thing a nigerian would say in broad daylight in a normal context?

and with the cameras rolling?

Or maybe the press doctored the Governors speech. So we should be careful in believing that what the Governor said may not actually be his voice.......

if you're from there, go and find out if you can do so safely.

ie if its safe for you to do so.

Goodnight Nigeria.

but you didnt say this when you saw the aluu video?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by born2boink(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
patriotic007: The problem with oshiomhole is that he talks too much and acts according to impulse,....he does not think Before he talks or acts,....What he did is a sacrilage in the land because widows are well recognised from time immemorial,....Imagine if he is the president of Nigeria?abeg GEJ is a blessing
oshimole become the president? He will sentenced all ASUU lecturers to death for their strike actions
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Zither(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
adino:

Most Nairalanders are so daft, I have been all over this thread informing them that the woman was waiting for a wheelbarrow or taxi to take her goods home, but they foolishly refuse to read. That woman is not a street trader for Christ sake. I will try and use my contacts in Benin to see if I can have her contacts, and by God grace create a thread for her here.
May God Help Her.

It is not about her source of income. The public sympathy towards her is as a result of the Governor's response to her. "Go and die" is pretty foul and obnoxious use of language by a Governor to his subject. The effect of his callous statement ripples across the State to the Country as a whole.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Please understand that almost everyone who watched the video is condemning the Governor's outburst....."YOU ARE A WIDOW, GO AND DIE!!"

There is a logical interpretation of that than the emotionally biased meaning given to it. The extent to which he was frustrated and infuriated by the woman's indirect justification of her act.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by enigmang: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
bloggernaija:

I beg to disagree .
Agreed ,
The governor choice of words is in bad taste but,

He is the CEO of the state.
A good administrator cannot afford to be selective in the Application of justice.
Poverty and illiteracy is not an excuse ,
Neither is wealth ,power and status.
All over Nigeria,laws are broken everyday and the perpetuators are never apprehended.
From breaking an easy to understand law like this one,to
a thieving president and his wife.
The moment you excuse these small crimes ,
You have automatically given the big criminal a pass.

The fact is that the oil derangement syndrome has seriously bastardized the psyche of that country ,
That people would rather eke a miserable living by the roadside,ride okada rather than live a life of dignity on the farm.

Nobody is saying he should forgive her.. If he actually did the point of him coming there would have been lost...
But his utterance just nullified everything he thought he came out there to achieve...

YOU ARE A WIDOW? Go and die ....my government does not support widows.. You are useless and a nuisance to the state .. You are better dead....
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by musicwriter(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
@At all.
A musician in the house (up coming artiste). If anybody know this woman PM me. I will like to feature her in a song; Dem don spoil Nigeria, a single I'm working on which will be out by June 2014. Please.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by miky(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
I really feel bad for the woman, to replace all those things.. If I were there I would replace all her goods... For the governor, well he is also doing his job, nit everyone can si that. The law is the law once something is the law my guys don't fall scapegoat..
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

You mean the type of emotions where a judge hands down death sentence to someone who steals recharge cards and allows someone who stole N100milliom Naira walk free... Are we talking about that sense of judgement?

Ask a qualified advocate to school you on the interpretation of the law on punishments for armed robbery and non-violent theft. Thanks.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
This man is the APC. APC & the Rest of us....How long would it take us to realize APC isnt better than PDP nope and never..They may even be worst given to their desperation and greed speed.. Presently they are worst and worst than the PDP.. but some of us foolishly accept these bunch because we require opposition machinery.. Its not that these men are better. Some of the APC leaders are anything but democrats.. their major leaders are simply emperors with no mind for anybody but their economic interest first.The would do anything to keep power within their family kits and kin.. They would kill and maim when they lose elections.. It dosent matter how many innocent helpless Nigerians die for this.. They would openly insult any opposition religion on twitter with no regards for other men's right to freedom of worship because they suffer incurable oral diarrhea after all but would head down to Anambra as white sepulcher election monitor but in power they did worst now suddenly for this new tag they claim born again politicians.. A lizard dosent become alligator by sudden change of environment.. This hose isnt a manger enough to birth a messiah it seems..
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
chi nene:

How can you compare her plight with the criminals you mentioned? Its doctors like you that makes medicine a cold and ruthless profession even though you've sworn to save lives. Please you are first human before a doctor.

No! Doctors like me save more lives cos I can tear you open and eat my lunch 5 mins after the surgery. Those doctors who have your kind of emotions throws up and shakes like a jelly fish when the see a cadaver.

Life is not what you think it is bro. Open your eyes to the reality.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Exhale and shakes head.. I thought you know about economics but you obviously don't. So because First bank pays tax to the Government, it's employees don't have to pay their taxes.

I don't know where you got your business or economic degree from but I'll suggest you go back and demand a refund.

Taxes are paid individually, you pay taxes because you did not create the environment you're reaping from.

If hawkers buys from wholesaler and the wholesalers pay their taxes, it doesn't cover the hawkers.

Are you saying that if I buy goods from Unilever and Unilever pay their taxes, I should pay mine as a retailer?

Bro it's a shame that a medicine student is teaching you economics in your field. Take my advice bro, your school owe you change.

Please, if you have nothing further to say, Please kindly exit the thread.

Again they are petty traders, tax is nothing but a fiscal policy instrument used by the govt to gain revenues so before you begin panting like a dog without tail, listen first. This is why I said, if you know nothing about business and economics, SO STAY OUT OF IT.

There are different types of taxes a business pays, sales and income taxes, in the scenario you put up there in respect to FBN, the workers aren't a business, so they confuse yourself. They are taxed on their income, however when it comes to business, the govt through the manufacturers, production method or through wholesale, already taxed the product sometimes knows as "VAT" I believe. It's called Value Added Taxes or here, we call it sales taxes (although a lil different). These taxes are passed on directly to the consumers by varying prices of products.

By virtue of purchasing these products whether to be distributed through whichever cycle, the taxes already accrued to the state and federal govt. Now onto income taxes, Petty traders like their counterparts in the stores, shops, malls pay their own taxes. The roadside agents collect payments from them, now do they issue them a tax card , YES, does the payment go to the govt, go and ask the Inland State Revenue.

So when you buy goods from unilever products, your sales tax has been paid through VAT, however, your income tax through the state or whichever entity comes from the income realized... So please, before jumbling up taxes, understand what level of tax we're talking about. YES, businesses like petty traders pay their taxes in Lagos... If you need more education, holla,.

On that note, Tax isn't compulsory, some states do not tax their citizens... Taxes isn't a MUST, when the govt doesn't have checks and balances in place, you can't blame the citizens. The citizens have paid their taxes through one scheme or the other, and like I explained to you, anyone who purchases the product, whether through the VAT scheme or through the sales taxes scenario, they have paid their dues.

BTW, I will not repeat it again, if you don't know the topic at hand, STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by nairaarea: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
chi nene:

How can you compare her plight with the criminals you mentioned? Its doctors like you that makes medicine a cold and ruthless profession even though you've sworn to save lives. Please you are first human before a doctor.

No! Doctors like me save more lives cos I can tear you open and get it over with. And I will still eat my lunch 5 mins after the surgery. Those doctors who have your kind of emotions throws up and shakes like a jelly fish when they see a cadaver.

Life is not what you think it is bro. Open your eyes to the reality.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
jice:

True. the woman should go and die according to you. Do you know how many people took their means of livelihoods this year. He should add death to it.

All of you are in Lagos passing judgments as it please you should come out nairaland into reality and then this careless statements will cease.

Try listen to what Thabo Mbeki said concerning indiscipline in Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Genius100: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

Pleas just stop! Stop justifying that act of terror! Please please please! Just stop! angry

There is absolutely nothing to justify there please please please, I am begging you! Just stop!

Chief, it seems you are either confused or can't read. I unequivocally said Oshiomole choice of words was wrong. So where is the justification? The truth is that law enforcement people and perhaps Oshiomole hear these kinds of stories everyday. I just got back from Nigeria and while there I was stopped by VLO. The driver swore up and down that the car was registered but the gentleman that stopped us told me that every single day Nigerians tell him all kinds of lies when stopped including some claiming that their parents or kids are on their death bed. Bottom line, obey the law.

If she was crushed to death by a trailer while engaging in her illegal activities, people like you will ask what the governor is doing.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by igbsam(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
chairman: just when nairalanders have convinced us that oshomwole is their hero now this, maybe nairalanders may think twice before choosing ther next hero
You can say that again......The guy is inhuman. Even if you want to take her goods away for breaking the law of the land, why tell her to "GO AND DIE" Just cause she's begging you and telling you she's a widow. He forgot he is a widower as well. This isn't about politics, its about the individuals. Oshiomole has no conscience and i just confirmed it. I use to love this man, but with this, i have a total and different view of him now.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by jice(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

Until you give up those emotions, it'll be hard for you to push forward in life. I'm a Medical Doctor and I can assure you that I've seen more emotions from patients in ICU but that doesn't mean that the surgery wouldn't be performed.

Think about the greater good. If everyone starts crying and begging like this woman, what do you think would be of our society?

Armed robbers cry too
Ritualists cry more
Even Kidnappers
...name them.

You cannot rule a state or a family wearing a sweat pant. Rules are rules and any who defaults must face the law. It's that simple.

Is this woman an Armed robber?
Is she a kidnapper?
Is she a ritualist?
How many of these criminals has he caught?
You are one of the book doctors withouth even any psychology of human behaviour. Who knows how many patients you would have killed with your undecerning book knowledge

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by eagleeye2: 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

but you didnt say this when you saw the aluu video?
please be adviced that uptill today, I have not had the heart to watch the Aluu Video. Somethings are too gory to be watched.

I have nothing more to say to you concerning what The Governor said to the Widow.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

Ask a qualified advocate to school you on the interpretation of the law on punishments for armed robbery and non-violent theft. Thanks.

That is why I asked na,

It's ok for a Judge to sentence someone to DEATH because they stole recharge cards (not armed roberry or even violent theft), but someone who steal billions at the expense of patients in the hospital, bad roads that leads to numerous accidents, poor safety standards and metrics in different boards and entities, even pensioners who end up committing suicide, they allow these same folks walk free. If this isn't a form of physiological violence, then what is?

Meanwhile, go tell that to the U.S. Judge who sentenced Bernie Madoff to 150 years in Jain "TWICE", as well as other well known sentence the difference between armed robbery and non-violent theft.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by PointB: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fashola deported the poor, now Oshiomole wants them to 'go and die'! Walahi these APC people love the poor! VOTE Oshimole for President, Fashola as vice!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is wickedness at its highest level. The dumb creature should have noticed with the arrangement of the goods there is no way she could have being a street hawker.
Nonsense!!!
Man of the people my foot!!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Firefire(m): 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the WIDOW or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.' Zechariah 7:10

"You shall not afflict any widow or orphan. 23"If you afflict him at all, and if he does cry out to Me, I will surely hear his cry;… Exodus 22:22

Your rulers are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them. Isaiah 1:23
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

You are a potential terrorist. No human feeling. You think laws are more important than humans. If you finish cleansing the land, is it you and your generation that will live there alone. What a sad hypocrite and a holier than thou iddiota! You have no sense at all!

You have so much unjustly insulted me to the point of even accusing me more than once of been a terrorist without any proof, just because I differ with you on this discourse. How appaling!

If you can be this intolerant and belligerent as a follower, your tenure as a leader is only better imagined than having it as a nightmare.

I take no offence at your non-objectivity and irrationality though, it's called class.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
enigmang:

Dude it's not about her crying ... People are not really saying she should have been forgiven but how in the world can an elected governor tell a lady "You are a widow? Go and die" c'monnnnn....

That is wrong on everrryyyyyyy aspect...
During election same person will go and meet widows begging for votes

I have also said in my first comment that the Governor's choice of word was wrong and the woman has a right to press charges.

Did you read that part or you just choose to ignore it?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by mmimahbub(m): 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
nkwaltd:

PDP AS BEEN PAYING ALL YOUR APC STATE ALLOCATION?

WHAT HAS IT BEEN USE FOR IN THE PAST 14YEARS?

IS THIS NOT HOW YOUR USELESS GOVERNORS BEHAVE?
Cool down bigoted modafoka! What do you mean by APC? When did APC came to existence? Who is in charge of the mess around? What has your uncle Daft Retardeen done to improve lives? What has he done to enforce the rule of law? Face your headache Mofo and stop trying to blame what is irrelevant.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Some pathetic people with unbelievably daft reasoning on this thread continuously screaming "She broke the law, she broke the law." What law did she break when she is not even a hawker? A fact that should already have been established if you fish brains took 2 minutes out of your pitiable lives to watch the video. In your unintelligent minds, that woman was a hawker trying to sell goods still sealed in huge cartons? How is that even plausible? You guys need to straighten out your thinking faculties, it's too wretched.

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Florida Cop Buys $100 in Groceries for Woman Caught Shoplifting Food

A struggling Florida mom who was caught trying to shoplift hundreds of dollars of groceries ended up with food and a ride home from a kind-hearted police officer, instead of a ride to the stationhouse.

When Miami-Dade Police Officer Vicki Thomas, 55, was dispatched to look into a shoplifting case at a Publix grocery store, a store manager led her to Jessica Robles.

“She was crying. I said, ‘Okay, what did she take?’ And he pointed to a grocery cart that was full of groceries,” Thomas told ABCNews.com. “I’ve been on [the job] 23 years, and I went, wow.”

“She just filled up the grocery cart and she just walked out, which shocked me and I asked her, ‘Why?’” Thomas recalled. “She said, ‘My children were hungry.’ And that immediately impacted me.”

Thomas said Robles told her through tears, “I’d love to be able to tell you I’ll never do this again, but I can’t because my children are hungry.”

“My grandchildren flashed before my eyes,” Thomas said. “I knew at that time what I was going to do. I knew I was going to buy her groceries.”

Thomas and her partner took the woman to their car, completed her paperwork and then Thomas asked her to wait a few minutes.

“I grabbed my debit card, ran back into the store and bought things that would sustain her for a week or so and when I walked out she saw that I had the cart of groceries and she burst out in tears and asked if she could hug me, which is kind of unusual for the suspect to be hugging the officer,” Thomas said with a laugh. “I let her hug me.”

Thomas made it clear that she technically arrested Robles. The woman had no priors for shoplifting and since the amount of goods she tried to steal amounted to just under $300, the cut-off for a misdemeanor, it was up to Thomas’ discretion whether to arrest her or give her the misdemeanor and get a promise to appear in court. She chose the latter.

The woman didn’t have a car, so Thomas loaded the $100 worth of groceries into the police car and the officers gave her a ride home.

“I’m a full-service cop,” Thomas joked.

At Robles’ house, Thomas met two of her three children.

“She went into the house and said, ‘Come outside. The officer bought us groceries,’” Thomas said. “They came outside and they were helping us bring the groceries in, going through the bags asking, ‘Can I eat this? Can I have that?’”

“I honestly didn’t know the magnitude of how bad it was until later,” she said. “We got the groceries in and I got back in my car and took the next call.”

Robles could not be reached for comment.

Thomas hesitantly admitted that she has done good deeds for people she encounters on the job “a lot,” such as buying meals, but admitted this was an unusual case. She said it’s not uncommon for police to go above and beyond their required duties.

She recalled an incident where her sergeant arrested a woman’s husband for domestic violence and the woman didn’t have any gas in her car to go to her mother’s house. The sergeant put $80 of gas in the car.

“We do it silently,” Thomas said. “The victims know and I figure she’s the one that mattered. I just don’t normally buy subjects groceries.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/florida-cop-buys-100-in-groceries-for-woman-caught-shoplifting-food/

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

I have also said in my first comment that the Governor's choice of word was wrong and the woman has a right to press charges.

Did you read that part or you just choose to ignore it?

Choice of words? You are a fooolish dolt for trivializing this. Terrorist!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply)

Buhari’s Reaction When Small Doctor Told Him 'Stop Sleeping' (Video, Pix) / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.