Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83388 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

So we're to wait "if he stands by his comment"? This is why Nigerians will be abused continuously... Like seriously, smh

What happened to fair-hearing? If he apologizes, we should still insist on his having his head for supper?

I guess you forget he has committed no wrong in the eyes of the law? Can we say that of the woman?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sermwell: Once again I want to thank you all for viewing and commenting on my thread! This is my first post ever on nairaland and it made front page!The feeling is wonderfull! Cheers!

My friend, please this is not a joking matter. Your thread made front page and so what! Will anyone give you a trophy for that? What does it mean for a thread to make front page? Does Seun share some kind of reward for it? Please go open another thread and celebrate if you like but dont trivialize this your thread. This is not a joking matter. People are angry this night, i must tell you

4 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
adeyemik:

OP,
The woman in question is not hawking neither is she an hawker. Please watch and listen carefully. And for your information, road side hawker gives the average Nigerian a viable alternative, compare to the gullible SMEs. Hawkers and SMEs buy for the same market, while road seller is interested in average returns on the orange, the gullible SMEs is interested in Marginal returns on the orange.

The argument given by gullible SMEs' is - we employ worker(s) and pay salaries and Xs and Ys. Research has shown that the road side hawkers are catalyst to employment creation in industries.

cheesy cheesy [b]Your research and conclusion is very funny to be honest.

I'm not a business student but I took some optional courses in Business Management in my UG. Let's address your comment by bits.

You are very wrong when you said buying unregulated goods helps Nigerians with viable options. It doesn't, it helps kill the economy.

Hawkers don't pay taxes, they don't rent shops, they don't employ workers, they don't even get to pay utility or taxes. So how does this help Nigerians? You should stop being cheap and learn to support the system.

No! Roadside sellers are not interested in average returns, as a matter of fact they get maximum profit.

Imagine an SME owner buys an orange for N10 and sells at N30. He shares his profit with workers, Govt, shop owner, utility. His net profit might amount to N5 but everyone is happy.

However, a hawker buys the same orange for N10 and sells it for N20, he doesn't pay any worker, tax or utility. His net profit is N10 but he has only made himself happy. Who's making maximum profit here? Who's stealing jobs instead of creating one?

* They don't grow their business so they don't employ workers. We need SMEs to employ our workforce.

* They don't own a shop, they don't pay rents or utility. This is very bad for Government. Government need more shop owners, more shop owners means more employment and more revenues.

* They don't pay taxes which is uncivilised and a daylight robbery of any economy. By law they would be arrested and imprisoned.

* They make the environment dirty. Dirty environment means more work for the Govt. That is they don't give to the Government yet they steal from tax payers.

Roadside hawkers don't create jobs rather they steal jobs. You need to look deeply to understand.

There are many more but I guess I'll leave that to the economic and business professionals.

Nigerians should stop thinking "ME" and start thinking "US"
[/b]
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by eagleeye2: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:

i dont buy media hype, the camera was rolling when he said those words.

clearly there's more going on than what we are seeing.

Could you please enlighten us on the "more that is going on"......You seem to believe everything in Law is Black and White. Haven't you heard of the phrase "temper justice, with mercy"?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by stanech: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
I may have to carry out an investigation to locate this woman for those that want to help. I will locate her snap her picture and paste I will upload a video of her giving you an account number where u can deposit your donations.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

What happened to fair-hearing? If he apologizes, we should still insist on his having his head for supper?

I guess you forget he has committed no wrong in the eyes of the law? Can we say that of the woman?

Fair hearing? You mean the one we heard in the video is not enough? You want him to tell all of us now? What is wrong with some of you. You think everything is about politics. If this is your idea of how to play politics in Nigeria, then you are joking big time. I support GEJ all the way. But have you seen me mention anything APC here since. A man comes out to insult every Nigerian and you are here trying to play politics with it. Get out of the thread my friend! Something must be wrong with you!

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

Fair hearing? I don't see him extending same hand of fair-hearing to a woman who pleaded with you. God forbid me have his ugly battered, wicked head for supper, but YES, I will want him to resign immediately.

Politics is a profession where you lead the people, each profession has guided rules of ethical representation, and being a governor doesn't exempt you from that rules. So YES he committed no crime but he committed a WRONG, had it been here in the states, I will support calls for his removal from office immediately. The woman is a citizen, at least the woman doesn't hold an authority and she's by no means obligated to live up to public standards other than not breaking the law, however, this is opposite to a so-called leader who are held to standards and expectations...
If he apologises, then there is going to be a thaw in the kind of negative sentiment over his behaviour. But his heart and person are now exposed and the type of public servant he is has been laid bare
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by caesaraba(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
agbameta: Not surprised to see the usual suspects with their usual emotions and sentiments getting the best of their village and slum mentality...

[size=14pt]Honestly, this is the reason why the APC will lose the next General elections. You guys just classify all non-party members as PDP members and then come out mud-slinging. Trust me, there are a lot of people who do not care for party affiliations and are condemning this man's act. However, you cannot see beyond party affiliations even in a matter as obviously erring as this one.

Note: Not everyone is a political riffraff waiting for the crumbs to fall off the tables of their masters so they can feed. Not everyone is like you. Some of us have actual lives and are genuinely touched when things like this happen!
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by theoctopus: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
stanech: I may have to carry out an investigation to locate this woman for those that want to help. I will locate her snap her picture and paste I will upload a video of her giving you an account number where u can deposit your donations.

Just get her first. This is serious. We can use this to send a clear message to all leaders. Please get her for us. Thank you!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by banky0503(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
tellwisdom: What is wrong in that word?? angry
what did u smoke?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by lakefist(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
akereconfi:

Please go back to school and learn how to READ and WRITE

Fool of the highest ranking
Mr professor of english...
Let us call "a spade a spade"
Governor is prone to errors just like anybody.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy [b]Your research and conclusion is very funny ti be honest.

I'm not a business student but I took some optional course in Business Management in my UG. Let's address your comment by bits.

You are very wrong when you say buying unregulated goods helps Nigerians with viable options. It doesn't, it helps kill the economy.

Hawkers don't pay taxes, they don't rent shops, they don't employ workers, they don't even get to pay utility. So how does this help Nigerians? You should stop being cheap and learn to support the system.

No roadside sellers are not interested in average returns, as a matter of fact they get maximum profit.

Imagine SME owner buys an orange for N10 and sells at N30. He shares his profit with workers, Govt, shop owner, utility. His net profit might amount to N5 and everyone is happy.

However, a hawker buys the same orange for N10 and sells it for N20, he doesn't pay any worker, tax or utility. His net profit is N10 but he has only made himself happy. Who's making maximum profit here?

* They don't grow their business so they don't employ workers. We need SMEs to employ our workforce.

* They don't own a shop, they don't pay rents or utility. This is very bad for Government. Government need more shop owners, more shop owners means more employment and more revenues.

* They don't pay taxes which is uncivilised and a daylight robbery in any economy. By law they would be sentenced to prison.

* They make the environment dirty. Dirty environment means more work for the Govt. That is they don't give to the Government yet they steal from tax payers.

The side hawkers does not create jobs but steals jobs. You need to look deeply to understand.

There are many more but I guess I'll leave that to the economic and business professionals.

[/b]

Exactly why you aren't a business student so PLEASE stick to what you know. If you want to know how an economic cycle works, just ask rather than exposing your shallow thought on NL. To allude that Petty trader DO NOT create jobs is simply silly,

1.What is trading if it's not a job?

2. When a petty trader goes to the big local producer to buy, isn't that adding into the system.

3. They don't pay taxes but the wholesalers they buy from pay the taxes, heck they are taxed at the point of purchase

4. They contribute to the cycle of demand and supply, when their demand increases, they gradually expand and hopefully get a store.

5. Even corps contribute to a dirty environment, so what they hell is your point? Heck Shell and Total, and others are contributing to a dirty oil spills in the SS Region, so what's your point.

Please stick to what you know.

5 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Zither(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
tellwisdom:

You are a very foolish boi??..Are those people not husband and wife?? sad
What planet are you from?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by stanech: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
He banned okada in Edo state in the space of one week without thinking of the consequences. This man really knows how to play with people's mind
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by tpia5: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Could you please enlighten us on the "more that is going on"......You seem to believe everything in Law is Black and White. Haven't you heard of the phrase "temper justice, with mercy"?

the leaders are representative of the people. If he said that, its obviously because he was told to say it, same way aluu 4 were murdered in front of the camera.

besides, havent we been shown pictures of this person in various compromising positions which we were later told were photoshopped.

so, i do not believe everything that comes out of the media, and besides, in some areas, you proceed with caution. Nuff said.

when the media tells us certain representatives of a particular show went to see the governor, we were not told why they are granted unlimited access to what ordinary nigerians are not even permitted to sniff [how many ordinary nigerians can go near a govt house without being locked up?], then clearly there's more to the picture.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
manny4life:

Fair hearing? I don't see him extending same hand of fair-hearing to a woman who pleaded with you. God forbid me have his ugly battered, wicked head for supper, but YES, I will want him to resign immediately.

Politics is a profession where you lead the people, each profession has guided rules of ethical representation, and being a governor doesn't exempt you from that rules. So YES he committed no crime but he committed a WRONG, had it been here in the states, I will support calls for his removal from office immediately. The woman is a citizen, at least the woman doesn't hold an authority and she's by no means obligated to live up to public standards other than not breaking the law, however, this is opposite to a so-called leader who are held to standards and expectations...

What section of the constitution backs the claim for his removal?

Maybe you have forgotten that he swore on his inauguration to uphold the laws binding the state and put the interest of the general populace first, without fear or favour?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by sylve11: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

angry? an elected governor showing so much anger in public? there were school kids on that pavement watching the cruelty meted out to a widow. i wonder the kind of message oshiomole was passing across acting like a village tyrant.

unless oshiomole opens a big shop for this woman in the biggest mall in benin, edo women should vote en masse for someone else. this beast-looking lethargic devil should never be allowed to rule a family, let alone a state.

Bros abeg take am easy na. We all know Oshomoalien messed big time. grin cool
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by adino(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

It's clear that woman isn't violating any law. If you look closely, none of those things are open, its clear she was dropped there by the commuters, there was no stool or canopy that suggests she sells stuff there.

This is so heartless and insensitive, that woman has children to go home to this night. What would she tell them? I feel like crying just thinking about the kids.
That woman was dropped by a bus at that place, she was waiting for a taxi or wheelbarrow to take her goods home (okada is banned in Benin) it occured at Mission Road, Benin City.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by NaMe4: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01: I know many will disagree with my stand, but I still make bold to state my view to the matter.

While the Governor be scolded for letting his emotions get the better of him, it is really provoking that someone comes up with the cheap excuse of 'being a poor widow' to do what is wrong. It is obvious the woman was fully aware of the wrong she was engaged in, hence the struggle to bail herself out with an emotional excuse of being a struggling widow.

The woman was not willing to accept responsibility for her actions, and that might have really gotten on the nerves of the Governor (he is human too). From comments read, some people have attested to the man's humility and all that, so it is only fair to give him the excuse that he was really provoked. Of course, it is obvious he meant the statement figuratively (even though it seems he went too far than expected of him).

I also wish to state here that we should put a hold on our emotions and judge this matter rationally. It is normal that anyone guilty of a crime would seek to exonerate himself/herself, but does that justify the crime? There are many poor widows all over (assuming she is truly a widow) that do not stay on the wrong side of the law and give room to this kind of embarrassing scenario, so what is the fuss about? Every offender could claim to be a widow, widower, orphan, e.t.c., should they all then be pitied and the society allowed to become chaotic?

Fact is the Governor was harsh, but the woman gave room for that. She was simply trying to blackmail the Governor into setting a bad precedence and the man had to take a firm and resolute decision, having in mind that the people he employed to enforce the law were watching to see whether he will compromise or not. She should just have admitted her fault and plead for mercy, rather than play the emotional card. The truth is everyone in that state will now be on their toes and be more inclined to obey the law strictly, to avoid been a 'scape-goat'. We know how Nigerians have to be 'forced' to do what's right.

It is sad that indiscipline has become a way of life for us here and so many supposedly enlightened ones here have decided to approach this matter with emotional sentiments, rather than an objective outlook.

What is wrong is wrong, widow or no widow!

N.B.: Whoever thinks I am here to defend my 'principal' is on his or her own. I am not responsible for your wrong perception of me. Thank you!

What was her crime?
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
rudedough:

cheesy cheesy [b]Your research and conclusion is very funny to be honest.

I'm not a business student but I took some optional courses in Business Management in my UG. Let's address your comment by bits.

You are very wrong when you said buying unregulated goods helps Nigerians with viable options. It doesn't, it helps kill the economy.

Hawkers don't pay taxes, they don't rent shops, they don't employ workers, they don't even get to pay utility or taxes. So how does this help Nigerians? You should stop being cheap and learn to support the system.

No! Roadside sellers are not interested in average returns, as a matter of fact they get maximum profit.

Imagine an SME owner buys an orange for N10 and sells at N30. He shares his profit with workers, Govt, shop owner, utility. His net profit might amount to N5 but everyone is happy.

However, a hawker buys the same orange for N10 and sells it for N20, he doesn't pay any worker, tax or utility. His net profit is N10 but he has only made himself happy. Who's making maximum profit here? Who's stealing jobs instead of creating one?

* They don't pay taxes which is uncivilised and a daylight robbery of any economy. By law they would be arrested and imprisoned.

Roadside hawkers don't create jobs rather they steal jobs. You need to look deeply to understand.

[/b]

Your analysis sounds like that of a primary 2 pupil.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Very sorrowful the way the woman was begging,sad,God help the poor embarassed
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by pmc01(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Na-Me:

What was her crime?

Disregard of the rule of law, which she clearly wasn't ignorant of.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by stanech: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
The spot is mission road in Benin city. Well known for the sales of whole sale goods especially provisions and cosmetics. I'm sure the woman just bought her goods and was waiting for a bus to take her home. I will go to that spot to look for this woman.

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by IGBOSON1: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
obo_man: I will blame both the governor and the widow.....

There is abject poverty in Nigeria, so it will be very difficult to stop road-side hawking if there are no alternatives. In a sane society, hawkers want to stay in shops and sell their goods but it's either they can't afford it or the government isn't effective....

If our roads are good, traffic is free flowing and smooth, there won't be hold-ups for hawkers to ply their trade on. I believe in examining the practicality of a law before passing it out.

However, I do understand the governor's effort in trying to bring sanity into Edo state and it has to be appreciated. Chaos in any society shouldn't be justified because of poverty....

Because there are no public toilets in Nigeria, would you then say it's okay for Nigerians to poo on roads?

Because there are no public bins in Nigeria, should it justify everyone littering the floor when they can simply take their waste home and dispose it?

Because things are hard, would you then justify robbery?

Because you are a widow, should you then be allowed to break the law?

If the governor had allowed her to get her goods, he is telling people watching the event unfold that you can simply break the rule and beg afterwards....

^^^A society can only be justified in taking umbrage over the actions of a poor widow trying to eek out a living by selling on the roadside, only if said society's gov't has provided the basics to its citizens to enable them live a dignified and respectable life! Also, i'm sure if we check well, we may discover her husband died b'cos of the states dereliction of its basic duties to the citizens!

The poor woman is in no way at fault!

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by guttentag(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
C.U.N.T

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
adino:
The woman is not a hawker, she was waiting for a bus to take her home. Listen to her very well on the video.
i didnt say she is a hawker oh
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Forwetinnah: 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is what happens when over zealous, over hyped, arrogant, desperate politicians handle elected positions. The same Osho baba who told Edo people what they wanted to hear and acted like a saint before he became Governor cry Eziokwu!! We've not seen anything yet..let's wait for the likes of Tinubu, Rochas, Ameachi and Buhari, the 'I will fight corruption' champions. They know what Nigerians want to hear..they will twist, rewind and manipulate some people to get there. GEJ with all his Cluelessness (according to the APC sect) will NEVER be this inhuman, WETIN!!. Osho baba doesn't have 1 bone of humility in him..people like him only perform after much rehearsals, in the presence of gullible audience. I'm sure he's not even aware some1 recorded this. Who said CHARACTER isn't important?!

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by manny4life(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
pmc01:

What section of the constitution backs the claim for his removal?

Maybe you have forgotten that he swore on his inauguration to uphold the laws binding the state and put the interest of the general populace first, without fear or favour?

The Constitution was drafted and signed by who? How do you define a govt? A govt is -, by the - and for the - (now fill in the blanks).

Please don't preach about Constitution, the Edo state people are the govt, they make their laws so if they deem that their govt has erred, they should remove him... Shikena.

You can uphold the law without being rude and callous and most importantly being unethical and uncouth about it. Like I said, Edo citizens reserve the right to impeach him immediately.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by chuquiz(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
All i wanna say is that they dont care about us cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Fynestboi: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
So bad.
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by adino(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
astronautog: Can't believe I voted 4 that man!!!I am a disgrace to edo state
Dont blame yourself bro, oshomole deceived everybody, he is a master craftsman in hypocrisy and deception.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by DerideGull(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nigerians should do away with governors such as this imbecilic dolt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply)

Tony Kabaka At APC Grand Rally Today In Edo (Photos) / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.