Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,056 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31252 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Candour:

Or PDP choosing NTA to moderate the presidential debate grin grin

But on a serious note, anybody can actually moderate. It changes nothing at all in my opinion.
Exactly! A Moderator merely keeps time and post count, corrects those who begin to get unruly, etc..

DrummaBoy seems to know a lot about this type of discussion and how it should operate. That is why I nominated him to be Moderator.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
I opt out of this debate because it will only raise my blood pressure when the scripture twisting experts start their chaotic analysis of the Truth.

What some of these people need is not a debate but a good telling off and strong rebuke.

cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
frosbel: I opt out of this debate because it will only raise my blood pressure when the scripture twisting experts start their chaotic analysis of the Truth.

What some of these people need is not a debate but a good telling off and strong rebuke.

cheesy

You are right frosbel.

But we have done a great deal of telling off and a lot of rebukes and it is going no where. See the OLAADEGBU thread running 107 pages and no one is convinced except those who read the thread and there is a likelihood they themselves are more confused than convinced.

I urge you to remain on the thread frosbel. We need your expertise here; atleast to knock in line the unruly ones. And let us take it easy with our brethren; I mean, most of us were like them sometimes ago; I think we should treat them the way we would want to be treated if we were in their shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
And if I'd take on this debate I'd want some rules enforced

1. Short and precise questions and the answers in like manner.
2. No recycling of questions
[s] 3. No interference from other posters except from the post of each of the debaters and the question must be intelligent. [/s]
4. No form of insults
5. No personal attack
6. Quoting a debater from archives of his past posts are very allowed
7. The audience members shall not ask follow-up
questions asked by the audience or the answers of the
candidates during the debate."
8. HBG would moderate
9. I wanna debate with Goshen grin
10. I'd not hesitate to pull out when audience use insults or get personal, or when the opposing debater gets insulting.
11. Scriptural blunders will be a nice way to invalidate a debater
12. Each debater is allowed to choose an active ally only used when invoked. I choose Bidam grin
13. A debater can ask a max of only 3 questions at a time, of which he'd wait for the other to answer and conversely ask his.
Other rules would follow in due course

grin...and I can't debate on wednesday... Lunch hour service and mid week service.

Cheers

Ignore No 3... I amended it in No 7
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs: And if I'd take on this debate I'd want some rules enforced

1. Short and precise questions
2. No recycling of questions
[s] 3. No interference from other posters except from the post of each of the debaters and the question must be intelligent. [/s]
4. No form of insults
5. No personal attack
6. Quoting a debater from archives of his past posts are very allowed
7. The audience members shall not ask follow-up
questions asked by the audience or the answers of the
candidates during the debate."
8. HBG would moderate
9. I wanna debate with Goshen grin
10. I'd not hesitate to pull out when audience use insults or get personal, or when the opposing debater gets insulting.
11. Scriptural blunders will be a nice way to invalidate a debater
12. Each debater is allowed to choose an active ally only used when invoked. I choose Bidam grin
13. Other rules would follow in due course

grin...and I can't debate on wednesday... Lunch hour service and mid week services.

Cheers

Ignore No 3... I amended it in No 7

Thank you Gombs, but permit me to enumerate the following in response to the above

1. This is not a debate. I request that you check the thread DeepSight opened on trinity to be btw him and Mr Anony (https://www.nairaland.com/1341464/anony-deep-sight-verse-verse). Prior to that time and after that, trinity debates remain "bloody" but these two handled it so well and I encourage the same spirit here. So I insists it is not a debate. There will be no winner and no looser. Rather it should be an academy, where people can learn the positions on "tithing" or "not tithing. It is a discuss.

2. I remain the moderator for now, until the two discussants agree on who their moderator will be. You have nominated hbg. Mark may agree or disagree. Let's wait for his response.

3. Goshen himself would love to be involved in a discuss like this but he is very busy. He just manages to send his posts if you notice.

4. The rules you have suggested are fine. I would request that you wait for Mark to accept or decline/ add or delete. The truth is that the first step to the discuss will be agreeing on the rules. So that anyone who breaks them, can be penalized by the moderator.

5. The moderator will have access to the moderators of the Religious forum and in case of a personal attack on any discussants that post will be hidden immediately and it could earn the person a ban.

6. On the issue of ally, I think it is a good idea, but please decide that with Mark.

7. Permit me to repeat that this is not a debate but a theological discuss. Theology is the study of God, and every one that comments on the religious forum is one kind of theologian or the other, and not an out of this world seminarian work, like some people think it is.

I think that is about all for now. And I thank you for taking the challenge.

God bless you.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
quivah:
Hi
Yeah!.. got the next thread late and I possibly couldn't have written out my debate with the limited time..
It was not even up to a day..

Eeyah!

I understand. You must have overlooked it from the Debate guideline. Everything was stated long before the debate commenced.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by okeyxyz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
Let him who has wisdom read and understand Romans 14

I am no longer under the law of Moses nor any covenant before christ, so tithes are of no value to me. However after all debates and points made, there will always be people who are still convinced of tithes. For them, their conscience is strongly tied to it, so let them pay tithes for it is unto God that they give glory for the tithes they pay, just like I give glory to the same God who has freed me from the burden to pay tithes. For the earth is the lord' s and the fullness thereof(1 Corinthians 10:26).

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ Prospective Discussants: Mark Miwerds and Gombs

I want to apologize for continually refering to the DeepSight thread on trinity but no one is a bastion of knowledge; most people build on already laid foundation and so also is this thread. When making the rules and guidelines for your discuss, I will suggest the following:

1. Let each discussant enumerate a list of say 10 or 20 points with their scriptural references on why his point is valid, in one post.

2. These points will add up to say 20 or 40 points and the whole discuss will center on discussing each point one after the other; so we see that it is not a discuss that is likely to end in a week!

3. When a point is to be discussed say from Miwerds who suggests (for example O) : Tithing is an Eternal Principle and backs it up with scriptures. That point may be number 7 in his list. When you have trashed out all of the point and reached number 7, Miwerds will take his point, build a text on it and post it on the thread. Then Gombs will offer a rebuttal on that point and try to show why it is not valid. Then Miwerd will respond to the rebuttal. And Gombs will responds to the response. Making it 2-2 (goal less draw, lol). So for each point of the 20 or 40 points raised, we will have the following

a. A text on the point postulated - eg by Miwerds
b. A rebuttal of that point postulated - by Gombs
c. A response to the rebuttal - by Miwerds
d. A response to the response- by Gombs

4. You could agree on when posts should come in so that the discuss does not go on forever. If any discussant is going somewhere or will not be around, you could let us know when you will be returning to make your post.

5. As much as possible let there be cordiality. One of the things the people reading your post will want to see is clarity, love, eagerness to teach and the Spirit of God birthing understanding in you and passing it to others.

6. Some points will become irrelevant to discuss, having been touched on in other discusses. Discussants may agree to leave those points out and continue with others.

7. Audience and posters are encouraged to contribute to the discuss but should not get in between the discussants. The moderator will be on ground to put order to such lawlessness.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
I will be off internet for the next 3 hours at most; as I am leaving the office now. I hope by the time I return Miwerds and Gombs would have gone a great length on how the discuss will go.

God bless you all.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Why would mark be using scare tactics with that face he put there na. Why? oh WHY?
BTW, how does drumboy hope to put order to lawlessness with rabid fellows like kunle and frosb on the loose? At least, thank God frosb is choosing to avoid reading so that he does not mistakenly bite himself or something like that(sorry, i've forgotten how he explained himself)
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
I want goshen.... Or I'd wait for him sha

And so far na tithes, twil end up as a debate.

I'm sorry but I didn't read your above...tis not how I visioned the discussion to be.

Maybe I'd pass
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Gombs(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
Image123: Why would mark be using scare tactics with that face he put there na. Why? oh WHY?
BTW, how does drumboy hope to put order to lawlessness with rabid fellows like kunle and frosb on the loose? At least, thank God frosb is choosing to avoid reading so that he does not mistakenly bite himself or something like that(sorry, i've forgotten how he explained himself)

Valid points grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs:

grin

Tis just like APC choosing Punch Newspaper editors as moderators on a presidential candidate's debate. grin

It is more like Obama choosing CNN editors as moderators on his presidential debate, and we all know how it ended up. shocked
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Eeyah!

I understand. You must have overlooked it from the Debate guideline. Everything was stated long before the debate commenced.
Yeah,I sure did.. wasnt focused really on the guildeline coz i was expecting a notification message.. as usualwink
Learnt obi won.. cool!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
quivah:
Yeah,I sure did.. wasnt focused really on the guildeline coz i was expecting a notification message.. as usualwink
Learnt obi won.. cool!

Yea, he did.

I mailed u tire but didn't get any response. It's all good. smiley
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs: I want goshen.... Or I'd wait for him sha

I'm sorry but I didn't read your above...tis not how I visioned the discussion to be.

Maybe I'd pass

I advice you wait for Mark Miwerds and both of you could work out how you want it. I did not envision a debate. All we have had on this forum has been debates and it has led to no where to my own estimation. But if Mark agrees to a debate: good and fine. Wait for him.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

It is more like Obama choosing CNN editors as moderators on his presidential debate, and we all know how it ended up. shocked

In other words, you have no interest in the discuss.

Sooth yourself.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ Mark Miwerds

I, first, want to thank you sir for your willingness to partake of the project in spite of your disability (Mark is blind). I trust God to bless and increase you, sir. I like the idea of an "ally" that Gombs suggested. If both of you agree on having allies to work through this discuss/debate with, I would recommend Candour to you. He is the best. You can PM him and both of you could get discussing on how to make your presentations solid.

@All

I really I'm not too eager to moderate this thread because it will deny me the joy of joining forces with other "anti" tithers. So the earlier a moderator is agreed upon by the discussants/debators the better. I like the idea of HumblebyGrace being moderator bc that will help us have a real moderator with a whip in hand to handle lawlessness on the thread.

I am trusting God that this thread will end all debates on tithing on Nairaland and even help become a reference point on tithing matters on the www. I hope to put the texts from the presentations on my blog and possibly, someday, draft it out to a book format in print for those who care to read in my own sphere of influence.

I thank everyone who has shown interest for the success of this project.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hello Sir,

I am actually referring to what we discussed on fone.

Sent you a mail, ma.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by quivah(f): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Yea, he did.

I mailed u tire but didn't get any response. It's all good. smiley
Huh?
Walai! I dint receive any from yousad.. sincerely
Anyways,its all good and gone..
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Tgirl4real(f): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Sent you a mail, ma.

Seen and replied Sir.

Great job!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Gombs: I want goshen.... Or I'd wait for him sha

Maybe I'd pass

You sure you want "DISCUSSION" with me on tithing? Na koboko wey Lord Jesus used remain take wip those people remain I go take wip you. I don't mine discussion with you though BUT IF YOU DON'T MIND IT SLOWLY BECAUSE I'M VERY BUSY NOW BUT WILL ALWAYS COME A RESPOND DAILY....However, I will request it ON A SEPARATE\NEW THREAD that cite your I.D and mine. Oya, let's go there if you don chop the word belle-full... grin

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
DrummaBoy: @ Mark Miwerds

I, first, want to thank you sir for your willingness to partake of the project in spite of your disability (Mark is blind). I trust God to bless and increase you, sir. I like the idea of an "ally" that Gombs suggested. If both of you agree on having allies to work through this discuss/debate with, I would recommend Candour to you. He is the best. You can PM him and both of you could get discussing on how to make your presentations solid.

@All

I really I'm not too eager to moderate this thread because it will deny me the joy of joining forces with other "anti" tithers. So the earlier a moderator is agreed upon by the discussants/debators the better. I like the idea of HumblebyGrace being moderator bc that will help us have a real moderator with a whip in hand to handle lawlessness on the thread.

I am trusting God that this thread will end all debates on tithing on Nairaland and even help become a reference point on tithing matters on the www. I hope to put the texts from the presentations on my blog and possibly, someday, draft it out to a book format in print for those who care to read in my own sphere of influence.

I thank everyone who has shown interest for the success of this project.
DrummaBoy, thank you for your kindness. I am sorry that I had not answered before now. My wife drove me to the store for my month's supply of groceries.

I am OK with HBG being the Moderator. That is, if HBG is willing to Moderate. I am also not against an ally, and am willing to have Candour as an ally. Again, if Candour is willing to do so.

I have been working on some points I would like to present and probably should email whoever will be my ally with those points with an open mind for suggestions for the discussion. I am not sure how to get my email address to whoever is willing to partner with this blind old man, is putting the email on the forum wise? I can delete it after my ally acknowledges he has it. I will not post it until I know for sure I have an ally.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 5:13am On Dec 04, 2013
Mark Miwerds: DrummaBoy, thank you for your kindness. I am sorry that I had not answered before now. My wife drove me to the store for my month's supply of groceries.

I am OK with HBG being the Moderator. That is, if HBG is willing to Moderate. I am also not against an ally, and am willing to have Candour as an ally. Again, if Candour is willing to do so.

I have been working on some points I would like to present and probably should email whoever will be my ally with those points with an open mind for suggestions for the discussion. I am not sure how to get my email address to whoever is willing to partner with this blind old man, is putting the email on the forum wise? I can delete it after my ally acknowledges he has it. I will not post it until I know for sure I have an ally.

Hi Mark Miwerds, I just sent you a mail. Pls check and reply.

Cheers
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

Hi Mark Miwerds, I just sent you a mail. Pls check and reply.

Cheers
Hi Candour,

Just checked email. Said I could not receive it because we are not connected. Whatever that means. Is there a feature here on NL where I can befriend you to connect?

Received the same message when DrummaBoy tried to email me.

If you are on Facebook, you can send me a message there. Search for Mark Miwerds.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 6:09am On Dec 04, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Hi Candour,

Just checked email. Said I could not receive it because we are not connected. Whatever that means. Is there a feature here on NL where I can befriend you to connect?

Received the same message when DrummaBoy tried to email me.

If you are on Facebook, you can send me a message there. Search for Mark Miwerds.

Just reply the mail and we are good to go
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:10am On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

Just reply the mail and we are good to go
Will do!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2013
Mark Miwerds: Will do!

Wonderful! Thanks guys.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2013
Goshen360:

You sure you want "DISCUSSION" with me on tithing? Na koboko wey Lord Jesus used remain take wip those people remain I go take wip you. I don't mine discussion with you though BUT IF YOU DON'T MIND IT SLOWLY BECAUSE I'M VERY BUSY NOW BUT WILL ALWAYS COME A RESPOND DAILY....However, I will request it ON A SEPARATE\NEW THREAD that cite your I.D and mine. Oya, let's go there if you don chop the word belle-full... grin

Thank you Goshen for shifting this to another thread. It is obvious that Gombs wants a debate and that is not the intention of this thread. It is supposed to be a discussion.

I will however be visiting that thread to see how things are going.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 7:01am On Dec 04, 2013
@ All

After this post I will be redesigning the OP post because close to three days now since the offer for a discuss on tithing has been given, we are yet to find one person who is willing to discuss with Mark Miwerds and Candour on this subject of tithing.

So we are opening up the request and asking any tither to come and discuss with Mark/Candour on this subject of tithing with the intention of shedding light on the matter and not to win an argument.

The person who expresses willingness to enter into the discuss shall discuss with Mark/Candour on what the rules of the thread will be.

You will both agree on who your moderator will be.

You will agree on the mode of presentation of the presentation.

And we trust that God will be glorified at the end.

We hereby invite any willing tither to a discussion with Mark/Candour on tithing.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2013
^^^

Is it that no tither or tithe collector grin is sure enough of this tithe doctrine to boldly come out and discuss the subject matter in a organised manner

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2013
Pastor Kun: ^^^

Is it that no tither or tithe collector grin is sure enough of this tithe doctrine to boldly come out and discuss the subject matter in a organised manner
I think the problem is, they do not want to discuss... instead, they want to debate.

We have enough "debate" threads on NL. Really no need to start another.

Discussion looks at the matter in an entirely different frame of light. Not arguing or name calling, as always happens in the debates. But rather, reasoning.

The Prophet Isaiah wrote in 740 B.C., "Come now, and let us reason together..." As Christians, we have done too much "debating" lately. Our "debates" have turned into something that, as DrummaBoy so rightly pointed out, "is not edifying."

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Deeper Life To Pay Celestial Church N5M For Trespassing / ODO OWA: Birth Place of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder CAC / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Accused Of Faking Miracles In South Africa (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.