Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,723 members, 7,827,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (31267 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

eeeyah, it appears you are not reading what is being said, its becoming an hobby for you.

I read and understand your conditions and AGREED to them AND ALSO stated mine. I don't think there should be issues on that.

Anyway, if you're not going to engage me in this discussion, I will like Gombs to come up so him and I can take it up but I will still respond to you as D'boy stated.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

The conditions are in line with the motive of this thread. i simply picked two months as a test point, its not a benchmark. If the primary discussants are not interested in just discuss but are hypocritically debating elsewhere, what is the point then? My terms are very clear. meanwhile, you can go shopping any other person who is interested in your discussion. Thanks.
How can you say that correcting error on another board would be "hypocritical debating"?

Your demand that we refrain from posting in another tithe thread is preposterous. As I said, If God leads me to post in another thread, I will obey God. If there is wrong in another thread and God lays it on my heart to give the correction according to the Word of God, why is that such a big deal?

One would think you would be glad that Christians point out error and use the Bible to correct that error... instead, you attempt to prevent them from posting truth.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

The conditions are in line with the motive of this thread. i simply picked two months as a test point, its not a benchmark. If the primary discussants are not interested in just discuss but are hypocritically debating elsewhere, what is the point then? My terms are very clear. meanwhile, you can go shopping any other person who is interested in your discussion. Thanks.

My dear, you can see i'm not begging for a discussion. I was even just chosen as an ally, the same way Gombs chose Bidam so come down from your high horse.

Because i'm discussing with you, i should forget every other thing abi?

You gave conditions bordering on the ridiculous and i refused, why take offense?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

My dear, you can see i'm not begging for a discussion. I was even just chosen as an ally, the same way Gombs chose Bidam so come down from your high horse.

Because i'm discussing with you, i should forget every other thing abi?

You gave conditions bordering on the ridiculous and i refused, why take offense?

Not offended oh, those are my little terms. Bye and take care.
BTW, you should realise that the terms also affect me and my supposed ally.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

Not offended oh, those are my little terms. Bye and take care.

wish you well with your terms.

Bye bye and take care too
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

wish you well with your terms.

Bye bye and take care too
it seems this discussion is at an impasse. When a discussant makes terms that tie your hands from being true to God, and they will not relent, you can see the real motive behind the terms.

We may not get any to coherently and respectively discuss the issue of tithes with us.

By the way, I received your email, and am working on adding that in. Great suggestion!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

BTW, you should realise that the terms also affect me and my supposed ally.

OK image, if I may ask, how did you arrive at 2 months abstinence?

Why not 1 or 3 months? Why not just the duration of the discussion?

What is it about the 2 months?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123: Okay, okay, drumboy. You know what. i'll enter the DISCUSSION on one condition, that the discussants do not engage in any other tithe thread, or[b] introduce tithe into other threads for the next two months[/b] apart from this thread. i no get time, i don tire for this tithe tithe talk all the time, but i go try sha. My brothers are simply tired, it is antitithers that are taking this thing as a do or die, like an addiction.
So, i await their agreement(Mark and Candour).
BTW, i do not think myself a theologian. Thanks.

Image123 please before you go consider the rules you put down.

1. How does it affect the discussion at hand?

2. Does is not bind the liberty of others? The rules I suggested you propose should pertain to these thread alone and not other threads.

In the light of this, I suggest that the rule you proposed be modified to:

Discussants are not permitted to quote an opposing discussants in other threads; nor are they permitted to refer to this thread in other threads in the duration in which the discourse ensues.

If this is fine with you and Candour/Miwerds, then we would make it law. If not, we may just as well shop for another tither to do the job.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

2. Does is not bind the liberty of others? The rules I suggested you propose should pertain to these thread alone and not other threads.

Discussants are not permitted to quote an opposing discussants in other threads; nor are they permitted to refer to this thread in other threads in the duration in which the discourse ensues.

If this is fine with you and Candour/Miwerds, then we would make it law. If not, we may just as well shop for another tither to do the job.

OK DrummaBoy, I'll go a step further. I'll not participate on any tithe related thread for the entire duration of the discussion and until a week after. Though I still wonder why but no wahala sha.

See this as a concession so you don't accuse me of not cooperating.

Thanks
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I have no problem with this work-up of the rule.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thank you Candour and Mark.

@Image, they have made the concessions; what do you say?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Why are you wasting your time with Image123? Is it not glaringly obvious that he lacks the balls to engage in an organised tithe discussion because he knows he would be thoroughly humilated and exposed to be a charlatan Those so called conditions he gave was just to create an escape route for him to avoid the discussion and put the blame on the other party for not accepting his manipulative/fraudulent conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Zikkyy:

He is @ the kiddies section, searching for cartoons grin

How did you know that? cheesy
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

Why would mark be using scare tactics with that face he put there na. Why? oh WHY?
BTW, how does drumboy hope to put order to lawlessness with rabid fellows like kunle and frosb on the loose? At least, thank God frosb is choosing to avoid reading so that he does not mistakenly bite himself or something like that(sorry, i've forgotten how he explained himself)

Don't mind those creepy crawlies, they are used to biting themselves many atimes.

Listen on to this conversation between two descendants of vipers:

Snake #1:  "Are we poisonous?"

Snake #2:  "I don't know. . . . Why asking?"

Snake #1:  "I've just bitten my tongue."  shocked

(Who said that the old serpent shot himself in the foot? no wonder he had no leg to stand on) grin
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Don't mind those creepy crawlies, they are used to biting themselves many atimes.

(Who said that the old serpent shot himself in the foot? no wonder he had no leg to stand on) grin
Your railing accusations have no merit.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why are you wasting your time with Image123? Is it not glaringly obvious that he lacks the balls to engage in an organised tithe discussion because he knows he would be thoroughly humilated and exposed to be a charlatan Those so called conditions he gave was just to create an escape route for him to avoid the discussion and put the blame on the other party for not accepting his manipulative/fraudulent conditions.

I agree Pastor Kun.

That is why Candour and Miwerds made the concessions; so that they will be without excuse.

If in a week from when the thread was opened no one takes the challenge; we would turn the table and make it a Q and A session directed at Miwerds and Candour.

But I am still working on a slim optimism that somebody will come here and take up the opportunity.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, my brother Ola. Na wa oh
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mark Miwerds: it seems this discussion is at an impasse. When a discussant makes terms that tie your hands from being true to God, and they will not relent, you can see the real motive behind the terms.

We may not get any to coherently and respectively discuss the issue of tithes with us.

By the way, I received your email, and am working on adding that in. Great suggestion!

oh tell us more about being true to God. You seem to think its about making endless circular talk about tithes, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth? What is the big deal about staying off tithe talk on NL for just two months? Don't you have anything else of importance to say? Meanwhile, you were even allowed to continue saying all your discuss on this thread. When tithe talk is made akin to tying your hands, its clear to the discerning where your treasure really lies. Like mr C said, it's a question of honour, you cannot serve God and mammon.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

we don't need a leg to stand on. We have the Word of God that supports us completely.

Where did you say we could find that verse in the Bible that tells us God requires us to tithe our money?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

oh tell us more about being true to God. You seem to think its about making endless circular talk about tithes, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth? What is the big deal about staying off tithe talk on NL for just two months? Don't you have anything else of importance to say? Meanwhile, you were even allowed to continue saying all your discuss on this thread. When tithe talk is made akin to tying your hands, its clear to the discerning where your treasure really lies. Like mr C said, it's a question of honour, you cannot serve God and mammon.
no love of money here at all. Disability check is gone by the third of the month every month; paying Rent, electric and groceries. No luxuries.

Any other false accusations you want to throw out there?

Btw, Where did you say we could find that verse in the Bible that tells us God requires us to tithe our money?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

OK image, if I may ask, how did you arrive at 2 months abstinence?

Why not 1 or 3 months? Why not just the duration of the discussion?

What is it about the 2 months?

Nothing special about the two months oh. abi make we make am 3? i'm tryin to help folks deal with their addictions na. lol
But really, if the goal of the thread frm the OP is a finality to these endless tithe talk, strive and back and forth that is said not to be helpin readers, what is the big deal in abstaining from debate for just 2months. BTW, even the proposed discuss might enter two months na. i'm sure if you had agreed, mark will have followed. na you dey waste our time oh abi una dey fear discuss with me. i see, make i go call zukky then.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by debosky(m): 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2013
I say well done to you all. . . .not sure there's much to be gained from yet another tithing discussion, but I guess you have your motives.

The positions of the main discussants here is fairly clear and I suspect that will not change on the basis of this discussion.

if you do get it off the ground, I will be interested to see where the discussions go.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mark Miwerds: no love of money here at all. Disability check is gone by the third of the month every month; paying Rent, electric and groceries. No luxuries.

Any other false accusations you want to throw out there?

Btw, Where did you say we could find that verse in the Bible that tells us God requires us to tithe our money?
mr, you're not the first disabled fellow. Stop using it for sympathy talk. Sorry but the whole section does not need to know or be reminded about your status. Take it graciously, no bi my fault say windows of heaven no open for your room joor. Your check is gone by 3rd of the month, hose fault or business na. i do not mean to offend you anyway, sincerely. But pls save it.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

Nothing special about the two months oh. abi make we make am 3? i'm tryin to help folks deal with their addictions na. lol
But really, if the goal of the thread frm the OP is a finality to these endless tithe talk, strive and back and forth that is said not to be helpin readers, what is the big deal in abstaining from debate for just 2months. BTW, even the proposed discuss might enter two months na. i'm sure if you had agreed, mark will have followed. na you dey waste our time oh abi una dey fear discuss with me. i see, make i go call zukky then.

Really?? Fear you?? Even Gombs who initially offered to participate didn't bring up condition of 2 months abstinence.

If you were standing on the truth, you wont be this evasive bringing up childish excuses and condition. Even if its your G.O that gets courageous enough, tell him to come and let's discuss.

Its only a bible discussion and I'm not afraid of bible study, are you?

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
debosky: I say well done to you all. . . .not sure there's much to be gained from yet another tithing discussion, but I guess you have your motives.

The positions of the main discussants here is fairly clear and I suspect that will not change on the basis of this discussion.

if you do get it off the ground, I will be interested to see where the discussions go.
exactly debo, exactly. i sincerely do not understand this peoples's fixation.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
DrummaBoy:

i do not see it a thing of liberty to continue talking about tithe every day of one's life. i'm helping these fellows with self discipline and control.
Okay, i will have a rethink and get back to you tomorrow, if the space is still vacant.
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:
mr, you're not the first disabled fellow. Stop using it for sympathy talk. Sorry but the whole section does not need to know or be reminded about your status. Take it graciously, no bi my fault say windows of heaven no open for your room joor. Your check is gone by 3rd of the month, hose fault or business na. i do not mean to offend you anyway, sincerely. But pls save it.
Did I say I was looking for sympathy? No, I did not. If I were looking for sympathy, I would be giving people on this forum my address and asking for cards and money. I have not done that, nor do I plan to.

It takes money to survive. My disability check is less than 600 dollars a month. Rent takes 400 of it, electricity, 105-112 a month depending on whether it is winter or summer. The rest is groceries. Have you tried to live on 85 to 90 dollars worth of groceries for a month lately?

Keep up with your false accusations. I'm sure the Lord is pleased with them... NOT!
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Candour(m): 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

Are you also trying to catch some fun with Mark's post?

Hope you're still exulting in the ecstacy of the enjoyment you've just had at his expense?

You make fun of a blind man and tell him not to take offense? Your value system beats the imagination

I hope your enjoyment lasts very long indeed

9 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Candour:

Are you also trying to catch some fun with Mark's post?

Hope you're still exulting in the ecstacy of the enjoyment you've just had at his expense?

You make fun of a blind man and tell him not to take offense? Your value system beats the imagination

I hope your enjoyment lasts very long indeed
I recall reading a story once about some young lads that made fun of a bald headed preacher. They were attacked and torn to shreds by bears.

No wonder David told his servant he would not touch God's anointed, eh?
Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Image123:

Oh yeah, no wonder you are as blind as a bat spiritually, I really doubt you operate under the spirit of Christ. Many physically blind people will be saved into the new heaven and new earth while spiritually blind bigots like you will be cast into outer darkness.

Your brother Ola has exposed himself for the hypocrite that he is and now you have taken over - you both have no kindness, no heart, just religion and deadness.

@ other brethren : Sorry brothers to sound like this, I really have no time for wicked people these days , especially those who hide under the cloak of religion.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
frosbel:

Oh yeah, no wonder you are as blind as bat a spiritually, I really doubt you operate under the spirit of Christ. Many physically blind people will be saved into the new heaven and new earth while spiritually blind bigots like you will be cast into outer darkness.

Your brother Ola has exposed himself for the hypocrite that he is and now you have taken over - you both have no kindness, no heart, just religion and deadness.

Thank you, frosbel.

I am saddened that one that names the name of Christ could speak so cruelly. But then again I have to expect it more and more. We are living in the time that the prophet Isaiah spoke of in 740 B.C.; a time when men would put forth darkness for light, calling good evil and evil good.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ Mark Miwerds

Please accept my apologies for that very uncharitable statement from Image123. It was totally uncalled for. And if this is the kind of spirit you want to bring into this discourse, I will kindly ask you, Image123, to step out of the discuss. We have enough to contend with and do not need this extra burden.

@Image123, never mind considering the rule up there, you opinion is no longer needed on this thread.

I am very sure if we wait long enough, say a week, we will find a tither who is ready to explain his doctrine in a sane manner. And if we cannot find one, then this thread has only helped to show the tithe doctrine for what it is.

I speak as the self appointed moderator of this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

ODO OWA: Birth Place of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder CAC / Another Catholic Priest Starts 'no Pvc No Entry'. / Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.