Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (40425 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff For Failing To Return To Classroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by slimghost(m): 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
enigma_otr: Only hungry, selfish and worthless lecturers will go back to class. Same for those that'll fill the vacancies. A government that can't even spend N220b(only just about 5% of the annual budget) every year, for 5 years on our already decayed federal universities can not taken serious. It is only in this government we hear "there's no money" all the time. Even when the president is spending N1b on food alone, the FG still has the courage to say N90b allowance is too much for all academic and non-academic staff of universities I give up on GEJ!

I'll consider this a threat. And if this turns out to be true and non of the lecturers decide to resume back as the FG wants it to be, then FG don chop beans be that. wink

And in what part of the world have you heard of federal lecturers being paid 'invigilation allowance' and some other funny allowances?. ASUU are simply fighting for their pockets and our children do not have to suffer for their greed. Enough is enough!!!

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by LMAyedun(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: We have lots of bright minds with PhD and MSc searching for jobs, I say we fire all those lecturers and hire the productive minds.

Enough is always Enough.
Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by laurelsbayabuja: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
LAUREL’S BAY PRESCHOOL
Exquisite Holiday Club Activities for Kids
* Perfect for kids between two and ten years of age
* Kids are entitled to two (2) Club Membership
* Parents can choose any one club for their kid(s) from:
Arts and craft
Ballet
ICT
Reading and public speaking
Photography
Baking
Karate
Sewing
* Parents can also choose one activity from the list below:
Bible studies/Quran and Arabic studies
Gardening
Traditional Dance
French
Drama
Spelling bee
* Each child will be taught to be experts in two different club activities.
* Maximum security guaranteed with CCTV installed within the school premises
* Safety measures and gadgets available.
For more information, please call - 08056041040 or 07046097199. Add us on BBM - 2B3DCEE6

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: We have lots of bright minds with PhD and MSc searching for jobs, I say we fire all those lecturers and hire the productive minds.

Enough is always Enough.
what about the experience. A PhD will only land one on the entry level cadre.
Would the new "experienced lecturers" be recruited from Europe and America or neighbouring countries.

NASU is also preparing to go on solidarity strike. i believe there should be other ways of settling their differences. What's the sense in killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by gbadaniyi(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
May God help us we Nigerian mass
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by kel4soft: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Longeria: Where were you when Fashola sacked all Doctors in Lagos.

Did he get away with it?
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by LMAyedun(m): 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
kel4soft:

Did he get away with it?
No sir.. FG can't get away with this as well.

The students will only have to stay at home for a longer time... It's getting really messy.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by MaziOmenuko: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Fairy tale!

We all know how this sham is going to end!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Dreament(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
saxywale:
what about the experience. A PhD will only land one on the entry level cadre.
Would the new "experienced lecturers" be recruited from Europe and America or neighbouring countries.

NASU is also preparing to go on solidarity strike. i believe there should be other ways of settling their differences. What's the sense in killing a fly with a sledge hammer.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by phiszo(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
This won't end well. This strike is gonna be so long.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by mrphysics(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
the whole creature await the manifestation of through leaders and sons of Nigeria. am disappointed in dis nation called Nigeria, imagine an association seeking that the poor enjoy dsame education d rich get outside d country is now been turned down by their own members. its a pity and each night i remember is i weep, Nigerians are ungrateful, and many people will support d government for doing bad. when will the youth arise to say no to d government of dis nation. only ASUU CAN HOLD D FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO CHANGE OUR HIGHER INSTITUTIONS, WHY NT SUPPORT ASUU. and i came here looking for NIGERIANS DAT WILL ARISE AND SAY NO TO GOVERNMENT. JUST LIKE APOSTLE PAUL SAID, ASUU WILL SAY DSAME. "WE ARE FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH, WE WILL FINISH THE RACE, WE WILL KEEP THE FAITH". LET GOOD MINDED NIGERIANS RETHINK AND SEE THAT ASUU IS ON D RIGHT PART. THANKS AND GOD BLESS NIGERIANS

5 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by viviane: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
As from now on, here are the NEW
UNIVERSITIES
LECTURES
* Nysom Wike to teach (Political Science)
* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)
* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)
* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)
* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)
* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)
* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)
* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)
* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical
Engineering/
Petroleum Studies)
* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)
* David Mark, (Military Studies)
* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)
All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUARE
ABUJA
before 4th Dec. 2013. Signed:
Fresh Air and Transformation Team.

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by kingChijioke19(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is really getting messy...Lecturers should please resume to avoid bin sacked
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Emyben(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sack them all! for over 5 months,what i do at home is play video games. They have turned me into a kid..lol..they must pay for it

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Lilimax(f): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
To be replaced by who?
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU HAS FINALLY CALLED
OFF THE STRIKE!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL
NIGERIAN STUDENTS
ASUU national chairman
representing his union in a
meeting with the president
and some people concerned
has finally reached an
agreement that put an end to
the 5months old strike. In the
meeting that lasted for
6hours 38minutes, the
courses to be taught were
allocated as follows:
Jonathan to take Psychology
Patience to take Oral English
Okonjo to take Economics/
Commerce
Sanusi to take Account
Abati to take Mass Comm
Anyim to take English
Mark to take Law
Tambuwa to take Sociology
Jega to take Political Science
Sambo to take Computer
Science
Students are to resume at
Eagles' Square, Abuja on
Wednesday, December 4,
Thank you.
Obiagelli: I guess they will recruit professors too. Shm.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OKUCHI11(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
So undemocratic move by the FG. SMH!!!!
WETIN BE UNDEMOCRATIC SINCE NOV 4 WE DEM DO METTING AND WEN OGA JONA GIVE DM DEADLINE E NEVA REACH IF 2 SAY NA ABACHA TYME ALMUSTPHAR GO DON GO DO EN WORK 4 AM
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by pickabeau1: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Graduate assistants abroad are paid allowances for invigilating

slimghost:

And in what part of the world have you heard of federal lecturers being paid 'invigilation allowance' and some other funny allowances?. ASUU are simply fighting for their pockets and our children do not have to suffer for their greed. Enough is enough!!!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Ozonna(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Truth is ASUU will never remain the same again. They'll come out much more weakened after this.

Any government that'll take over in 2015 will take its hands off Universities/University teaching hospitals.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by blaise26abj(m): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogb5: If I abscond from work for only one hour, my phone will ring non stop, if I abscond for one week, that means i have sacked myself.

These lecturers have absconded from duty for half a year, we are still discussing if they should be sacked.

Only in Nigeria
Your Analogy is very silly and doesn't even compare to the situation.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by atlwireles: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU has finally weaken itself. To everything there is a season. A time to fight and a time to settle. ASUU, should please shine their eyes.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by lebienconnu: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
mumumugu: I love this game
me too
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by NaijaNaWaa: 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Govt needs to follow it up with strong PR. Lines like, "in the interest of our children and their future" as the reason for taking this action will go a long way in swaying public opinion in favour of the govt.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013

Enough is always Enough.
. . . and you think these PhD and Msc holders that roam the street have teaching experience in the university?
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by narmani: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is a big lie! I'm a student of the afore mentioned school. There are rumours of exams starting on monday 9th dec, but its not been confirmed! Just rumours.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by vizboy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU can continue their strike

ASUU Strike: ESUT Resumes
Properly

www.mycampus9ja.com/2013/12/ASUU-strike-esut-resumes-properly.html?m=1
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by pendusky(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
great mistakes
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
99/100:
If this news is true then thumb up FUTO.
Other VCs must follow suit.
It is only vegetable VCs that will take after the FUTO VC.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Wislet(f): 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
NOW WE SEE HOW LILLY-LIVERED MOST NIGERiANS ARE. IT's really disappointing. YOU CANNOT STAND UP AND DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS, AND EVEN WHEN SOMEONE ELSE STANDS TO DO IT FOR YOU, YOU TURN AROUND TO BETRAY THEM?
What is so wrong in clamouring for a better educational system for Nigerians? And yet, see the people whose children's future are being fought for, running their mouths all over the place.

At this rate, it remains to be seen how your schools will turn out to be in the coming years...with the dilapidated facilities and structure. You don't just stop to think.

Are Nigerians even worth this fight? When people don't value their own future?

Travel and see how your own schools are supposed to be. Yet, you can't demand the same to happen for your own country and for your children to enjoy? Not as if your country cannot afford it. No, just that you have a lot of cowards who cannot stand for their rights.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.