Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (40426 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff For Failing To Return To Classroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Bigcake: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
1025:

are u a comedian? even under the military, this can't work.
our first lady is also a perm sec in bayelsa so is she planing to be a lecturer in any of the universities? maybe, english lecturer.
if there is anybody jonathan can sack, it will be the minister(s) he appoint and not lecturers.
these lecturers can fight him to standstill. very soon, labour will join the game and u will understand.
do not forget, u are increasing the prices of fuel, foods, import duties and the salaries are still the same.
this govt is fighting with almost everyone(especially the wrong ppl for the wrong reasons) and how do u think the govt will stand?
it is shame that u signed agreement with ASUU in 2009 and 4 years later, u have done nothing about it.
why will the govt sign agreement and refuse to honour it?
Will u shut up. Wat do u knw sef?
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]I feel ever so sorry for those that think black mailing and bulling the lecturers back to class room will solve the problem. If eventually they return, the students will end up with the backlash.quote]
I doubt if u get the plan 'B' here, even if Nasir fagge n all ASUU chairman in all unis chapters shows up 2morrow, they will stil get dia sack later at d slittest opp. As far as FG is concern, they (ASUU) ve been corruptd into politics by the bittered and aggrieved oppositn party, which is nt good 4 educatn hence, their sack is nt negotiatable. Again in Clinton voice "nobody dare say no to the president." e go be like India film to ASUU eyes.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]I feel ever so sorry for those that think black mailing and bulling the lecturers back to class room will solve the problem. If eventually they return, the students will end up with the backlash.quote]

I doubt if u get the plan 'B' here, even if Nasir fagge n all ASUU chairman in all unis chapters shows up 2morrow, they will stil get dia sack later at d slittest opp. As far as FG is concern, they (ASUU) ve been corruptd into politics by the bittered and aggrieved oppositn party, which is nt good 4 educatn hence, their sack is nt negotiatable. Again in Clinton voice "nobody dare say no to the president." e go be like India film to ASUU eyes.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by papamalik(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sack them all. The strike is politically motivated. They are asking for Jonathan's head before they can resume. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Akiika: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
That is what you get when you allow an area creek boy to rig himself to power. All these ASUU palaver no concern them, na to steal as much 'oyel' money as possible.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sniperwolf(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
I don't know where you guys got this from. I have a close friend that lectures there and I was there today with him when he went to sign some documents that has something to do with overwork allowances.
Nobody was sacked and FUTO did not pull out of ASSU
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Akiika: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
papamalik: Sack them all. The strike is politically motivated. They are asking for Jonathan's head before they can resume. Nonsense!
Because you no go school, no mean say make others to go. Who motivated it politically? Militants dey collect salary for doing nothing, while academia dey fight to collect their entitlements as well as to ameliorate the rot in the university system. Na heavy wah for una!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by BabaOyee: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
This drama wont be in the best interest of the nation's educational sector and the nation in general. Aside that Jonathan should tread softly. He hasnt gotten anything right since assumption of office. He has recorded failure in economy,power,politics,security and now education. He may as well go down as the worst regime in the history of Nigeria.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1: I feel ever so sorry for those that think black mailing and bulling the lecturers back to class room will solve the problem. If eventually they return, the students will end up with the backlash.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
. . . and you think these PhD and Msc holders that roam the street have teaching experience in the university?
And who told u dat those Lecturers about 2 be sacked were employed with experience? No Lecturer was ever employed wit experience, yet they were employed anyways! Be there deceivin urself! B4 a Govt can take such decision it must have weigh d consequencies thereof. D govt dat has hired can fire too.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Sowhizy(f): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Yimu no b small
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by mankand(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Bad Idea for FUTO. They should ask from Unilorin what happened to the lecturers sacked
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by adorable29(f): 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Classic tale of 2 elephants fighting! SMH!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by femialiu(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
yunglykmine: That reminds me of the Unilorin Saga as well...

This is not a good omen for Nigeria students.

FG vs ASUU crisis is getting really messy.
FG should be democratic and settle amicably with ASUU.

funny enough, the losers in d unilorin saga are d students and fg....all the lecturers were reinstated, the salaries were paid and they were even promoted... some students graduated in unilorin without being taught by a prof...
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by boniflex(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
All y'all people happy about wat GEJ doing, don't be surprised wen he makes a wrong policy dat will affect d masses and nobody will cough, cos he will sack d hell out of u, GEJ is gradually turning into a dictator, mark my words
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
Allohrandy: why do you support ASUU. most of you ASUU supporters are ignorant and don't have any genuine reason to support ASUU. Can you please name one western country where union workers are paid for the days they are on strike. its only in Nigeria that workers will go on strike for months and still expect to be paid. I am glad most schools have pulled out of ASUU because ASUU has been hijacked by APC party members.
ASUU has been hijacked by APC, you said? Was it APC that signed the agreement in 2009?

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by stmathew: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU should conduct a research and tell us where all our ministers children are schooling, when Sam Egwu was a minister of Education,both the ASUU,Ssanu,Nasu,all were on strike, but the idiot (Sam Egwu) children were all schooling in Harvard University, let ASUU tell us where is Wike,Okupe,Iwela,Maku and the rest children are schooling,then discussion go start.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
44 lecturers in unilorin suffered. I know 3 of them. For almost 10yrs now unilorin has stable academic calendar.
mankand: Bad Idea for FUTO. They should ask from Unilorin what happened to the lecturers sacked
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
indoorlove: Those who see Fg action as welcome development must be a bad student of history , it was on record that the military government tried the same nonsense threat some years back but did not see the light of the day. I think the best approach is for the fg to be sincere in their promise. If they show seriousness this whole thing would be over in just a week.
Even IBB whose military dictatorship tried using the no-work-no-pay policy but failed, told the Presidency it won't in today's Nigeria.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Datruggedman: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Kill Moves: .
space booker,i don catch u 2day
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
stevedure:
And who told u dat those Lecturers about 2 be sacked were employed with experience? No Lecturer was ever employed wit experience, yet they were employed anyways! Be there deceivin urself! B4 a Govt can take such decision it must have weigh d consequencies thereof. D govt dat has hired can fire too.
So in other words, the sacked professors, readers and senior lecturers will be replaced by PhD holders who would then be promoted to professors and senior lecturers without the relevant researches as their contributions to the body of knowledge? Start reasoning and stop speaking as though you took ogogoro.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by johndavid1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Following the orders by the Federal Government, urging all universities to re-open, the Senate of the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Tuesday sacked all academic staff with immediate effect.

The Federal Government had through the Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike had vow to sack any lecturer who fails to return to class within seven days, and had directed vice-chancellors of federal universities that are currently on strike to immediately re-open for academic and allied activities.

The Public Relations Officers (PRO) of the institution, Mr Chike Ezenwa, speaking with the Nigerian Tribune in Owerri, said the senate of the university had declared all the positions of academic staff in the institution, adding that they would be advertised starting from Monday, December 2.

The senate said it had already compiled the list of vacant positions in the school. The school authority have urged those willing to resume would be adequately protected.

Education Minister, Wike had said,“All Vice-chancellors of Federal Universities that are on strike should immediately reopen for academic and allied activities as directed by their Pro-Chancellors. Vice-Chancellors should ensure that staff who resume for work are provided with the enabling environment for academic and allied activities.

Though the order said any academic staff who fails to resume on or before December 4, 2013, automatically ceases to be staff of the institution and vice-chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies (internal and external) in their institutions. One wonders why the FUTO order comes a day to government’s deadline..

Meanwhile the Vice Chancellor of the University of Jos has also said the institution resumes Wednesday in-line with government’s directives but the ASUU leadership is not backing down, vows to continue strike.

http://newswirengr.com/2013/12/03/ASUU-strike-federal-university-of-technology-sacks-academic-staff/?

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/11444-ASUU-strike-futo-sacks-lecturers
lies Futo has not sacked any yet even ur source of info was gotten from a careless wap site.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by bolayei: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is what should have been done from day, No work no pay or better still automatic sack. I thought teaching career is done with passion for teaching but these lecturers want more than their salaries, lazy bunch of people. This thing done dey happen since.....

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by proffemi: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
bolayei: ... but these lecturers want more than their salaries...
You're quite ignorant, you know. Not that there's anything unusual in what you've said...one learns not to expect much of Nigerian students.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Xcozee(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Nigerian students! This info is damn fake! Say NO to fake news!! No one sacked any lecturer In̶̲̥̅̊ FUTO
Sequel to the Vice Chancellor's directive that FUTO students should resume as directed by FG. I wish condemned a section of online media information on sack of All lecturers in FUTO wish I describe as utterly irresponsible, deplorable, highly unprofessional and unethical antics of certain fringe elements operating in the nebulous sphere of cyberspace who would do nothing less than to persist in seizing every opportunity to unjustifiably malign, impugn, misinform and mislead the general public by cooking and spreading malicious lies and fallacy. FG directed lecturers to sign registers in schools to show that they have resumed. To the best of my knowledge FUTO has not sacked any lecturers. Nonetheless, All Students are expected to return to school. The school management maintains exam must hold this year though the exam may not start on 9th of December, 2013 as scheduled earlier. A new date will communicated upon students return.
Aluta Continua...!

Brun'o, (O'bama)
S'GF
(SUG Secretary General FUTO)
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by proffemi: 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
Laalamed: For almost 10yrs now unilorin has stable academic calendar.
They have stable calendar because while ASUU's monkey dey work, Unilorin's baboon dey chop furiously. Karma catches up with us all eventually.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by ogb5(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
blaise26.abj:

Your Analogy is very silly and doesn't even compare to the situation.

Obviously your brain is too dull to see that no employee has the right to dictate to his employer. your low IQ making it impossible for you to discuss without insulting people.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Perhaps, you guys do not know how universities should be run. Nigerian tertiary educational system has been bastardized.

What is this govts prob sef. After all, they dish out billions of tax payers money to ND militants paying them salaries for doing nothing. TOMPOLO and Dokubu av become billionaires overnite under this same govt. Stellah oduah is still drivin in are bullet proof 225 million naira vehicles. Nigerian senators are still earning far far more than US senators in allowances. Let them not tell us that the country is broke. There seems to be a lot of loose cash.

I wouldn't want to be a lecturer in this present educational system though I'm one of the brilliant minds yet I would never become a lecturer because it's simply not worth it. Most of the Graduate Assistants recruiting into the university system are people who are not genius enough to find work in the industry.
Research in our universities is zero. Facilities zero. Laboratories zero. Accommodation zero. Innovation zero.
We need a change

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by wesley80(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
prof.femi:

You're quite ignorant, you know. Not that there's anything unusual in what you've said...one learns not to expect much of Nigerian students.
Same way Nigerian students have learnt not to expect much from their lecturers especially ASUU sympathizers! The feeling is very much mutual.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
saxywale: What's the sense in killing a fly with a sledge hammer.

to make sure there is zero chance of survival for the fly.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sakaguchi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
Good Job! Uniabuja, your turn tomorrow!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by mubalex50(m): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
Why federal government decided 2 use policy of assimilation instead of policy association?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Hostel In UAM Makurdi Has Finally Been Cleaned (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.