Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,133 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (40431 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff For Failing To Return To Classroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by wesley80(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
12 inches!:
Perhaps, you guys do not know how universities should be run. Nigerian tertiary educational system has been bastardized.

What is this govts prob sef. After all, they dish out billions of tax payers money to ND militants paying them salaries for doing nothing. TOMPOLO and Dokubu av become billionaires overnite under this same govt. Stellah oduah is still drivin in are bullet proof 225 million naira vehicles. Nigerian senators are still earning far far more than US senators in allowances. Let them not tell us that the country is broke. There seems to be a lot of loose cash.

I wouldn't want to be a lecturer in this present educational system though I'm one of the brilliant minds yet I would never become a lecturer because it's simply not worth it. Most of the Graduate Assistants recruiting into the university system are people who are not genius enough to find work in the industry.
Research in our universities is zero. Facilities zero. Laboratories zero. Accommodation zero. Innovation zero.
We need a change
And as brilliant as you think you are you believe the solution to the problems bedevilling our tertiary schools lies with the govt for not pumping enough money into them? Perhaps you've refused to use the good head God gave you!

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by EHoudini: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
break their ranks. evil demonic. I've always been of d opinion this devil called ASUU be scraped. there is nowhere else do such body exist. hang their ass!!

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sakaguchi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
ASUU has been hijacked by APC, you said? Was it APC that signed the agreement in 2009?
If the agreement is valid and void of selfish motive, ASUU should sue FG or forever remain silent.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Genycharl(f): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
Its not true...the lecturers are still around
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sakaguchi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Genycharl: Its not true...the lecturers are still around
If this news is not true then I will be greatly disappointed.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
I can honestly conclude that any student currently in support of FG is one sick as$ S0n of a b*tch.....
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by wesley80(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: I can honestly conclude that any student currently in support of FG is one sick as$ S0n of a b*tch.....
You my friend are the sickass SOB!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by castrokins(m): 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
excellent2013: nyesom WIKE(D)!!
LWKMD
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by olakintanj(m): 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
yunglykmine: That reminds me of the Unilorin Saga as well...

This is not a good omen for Nigeria students.

FG vs ASUU crisis is getting really messy.
FG should be democratic and settle amicably with ASUU.

ASUU don't have democratic in their dictionary, therefore, FG should not be democratic at all. This is the beginning of the end of ASUU. Watchout, More schools will pull out of ASUU. Why should students destines should be attached on this element called ASUU who are not ready to shift ground?

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Dee60: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Amaechi can rest a bit now that Mr Wiks has launched a new war!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
FUTO have not sacked any lecture yet, those spreading this rumour should be careful..
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
wesley80: And as brilliant as you think you are you believe the solution to the problems bedevilling our tertiary schools lies with the govt for not pumping enough money into them? Perhaps you've refused to use the good head God gave you!
BEST QUOTE EVER...
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds: I can honestly conclude that any student currently in support of FG is one sick as$ S0n of a b*tch.....
THUNDER GO FIRE YOU WITH THE SPEED OF LIGHT...SAY AMEN
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2013
wesley80: And as brilliant as you think you are you believe the solution to the problems bedevilling our tertiary schools lies with the govt for not pumping enough money into them? Perhaps you've refused to use the good head God gave you!
Pumping money is part of the solution.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
sakaguchi:
If the agreement is valid and void of selfish motive, ASUU should sue FG or forever remain silent.
Why the FG not willing to put the agreement it said it reached with ASUU in paper, and signed by witnesses?
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by gentlelyfe(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
ds too funny for a country like Nigeria...i keep wondering if ds country s too poor to meet d demands of ASUU...na only God go help us
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Britzdon(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
[b][/b] YET THEY BLAME THE YOUTHS FOR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES ON THE INTERNET? #TINALO#
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by olanre12(m): 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
i know my vc he can do that but i heard that they are not yet sack them...
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sakaguchi(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Why the FG not willing to put the agreement it said it reached with ASUU in paper, and signed by witnesses?
If as you said in your earlier post that there was an agreement reached between FG and ASUU, then ASUU have no right except they are plain wicked to stop lectures of thousands of students...they should use that agreement to sue government, after all, agreement is agreement.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by sapientia1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
olanre12: i know my vc he can do that but i heard that they are not yet sack them...
you're a student of FUT0? check what you wrote again
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by chichriso: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
I wonder where this country is driving to. i saw it
here http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/for-failure-to-return-to-classroom-futo.html
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
sakaguchi:
If as you said in your earlier post that there was an agreement reached between FG and ASUU, then ASUU have no right except they are plain wicked to stop lectures of thousands of students...they should use that agreement to sue government, after all, agreement is agreement.
It appears you don't understand English; wetin ASUU dey talk be say make government write the agreement for paper and make some people sign am. Ihe ASUU ne ku wu ka government anyi de ri agreement ha na ndi ASUU mere na akukwo.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Britzdon(m): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
Boss Ttdoamonds: I can honestly conclude that any student
currently in support of FG is one sick as$ S0n of a b*tch.....

hilaomo: THUNDER GO FIRE YOU WITH THE SPEED OF LIGHT...SAY AMEN

Av never supported FG....they are just sets of cowards pretending to be active.what a shame on 'em that they dont want to formally sign an agreement they reached with a union four years ago
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Britzdon(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
chichriso: I wonder where this country is driving to. i saw it
here http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/for-failure-to-return-to-classroom-futo.html
SMH!!!...lemme just keep silent
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by rezy15(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
this government isn't sincere at all. The 2009 agreement wasn't put officially on paper so the federal government reneged on d agreement. All ASUU is asking is a legally signed document this time to prevent any denial frm the government dat such agreement was signed. If the government really intended to fulfill all the agreements y are they refusing to put pen to paper. Also for those pissed at ASUU, lets face it, u really believe ur government cares abt u? Why didn't they call for renegotiation after all d warning strikes. Ebele played d blinking game nd lost.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Good point.This old solution of pumping more money into the system is all some people think about. It surely has to get to root and branch reform to arrest the stagnation in the system.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Olril18(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
what u posted now,using foul.words,wen even if d fg is not supposed to be supportd(according to ur own opinion) u could have written ur opinion in a civil manner.show u must be the father of all son of bitches,and d sickness in ur head has defy all logic..
fool!!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by paragon40(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sequel to the Vice Chancellor's directive that
FUTO students should resume as directed by
FG.
I wish to condemned a section of online media
information on sack of All lecturers in FUTO
wish
I describe as utterly irresponsible, deplorable,
highly unprofessional and unethical antics of
certain fringe elements operating in the
nebulous
sphere of cyberspace who would do nothing
less
than to persist in seizing every opportunity to
unjustifiably malign, impugn, misinform and
mislead the general public by cooking and
spreading malicious lies and fallacy. FG
directed
lecturers to sign registers in schools to show
that they have resumed. To the best of my
knowledge FUTO has not sacked any lecturer.
Nonetheless, All Students are expected to
return
to school. The school management maintains
exam must hold this year though the exam
may
not start on 9th of December, 2013 as
scheduled
earlier. A new date will be communicated upon
students return. Aluta Continua...!
Brun'o, (O'bama)
S'GF
(SUG SECRETARY FUTO)
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
chioma134: Which is what we're praying for. It will be better for us all.
i don't think so. i believe the universities would increase the student fees since they can't source the funds from the government. This would inevitably make it more difficult for parents to sponsor their children.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Olril18(m): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
paragon40: Sequel to the Vice Chancellor's directive that
FUTO students should resume as directed by
FG.
I wish to condemned a section of online media
information on sack of All lecturers in FUTO
wish
I describe as utterly irresponsible, deplorable,
highly unprofessional and unethical antics of
certain fringe elements operating in the
nebulous
sphere of cyberspace who would do nothing
less
than to persist in seizing every opportunity to
unjustifiably malign, impugn, misinform and
mislead the general public by cooking and
spreading malicious lies and fallacy. FG
directed
lecturers to sign registers in schools to show
that they have resumed. To the best of my
knowledge FUTO has not sacked any lecturer.
Nonetheless, All Students are expected to
return
to school. The school management maintains
exam must hold this year though the exam
may
not start on 9th of December, 2013 as
scheduled
earlier. A new date will be communicated upon
students return. Aluta Continua...!
Brun'o, (O'bama)
S'GF
(SUG SECRETARY FUTO)

thanks for clearing the air..but tribune should share large part of the blame for starting and pedlling the rumor
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Niseamaka(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
sapientia1: you're a student of FUT0? check what you wrote again

He`s an unripe apple plucked from one of ASUU's apple trees.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Olril18(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
olanre12: i know my vc he can do that but i heard that they are not yet sack them...
u are a big disgrace,not only to futo,but to all serious minded nigerian students..
correct urself now mr man!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Nuc Releases List Of 36 Illegal Universities / Mcpherson University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.