Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff (40428 Views)

FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff For Failing To Return To Classroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
99/100:

No, d directive said On or Before 4th Dec.,2013.
You lack understanding. When the directive says lecturers should resume on or before the 4th, it simply means no action should be taken against them till after the working hours of the 4th.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by missshawry: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dis ppl don go gaga ooo dey r actually calln fr conflict dey had bera resolve dis bfr it gets to d nxt level I don tlk ma own.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by costandi(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogb5: If I abscond from work for only one hour, my phone will ring non stop, if I abscond for one week, that means i have sacked myself.

These lecturers have absconded from duty for half a year, we are still discussing if they should be sacked.

Only in Nigeria
Bia, do you know the meaning of a strike process

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by rman: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: We have lots of bright minds with PhD and MSc searching for jobs, I say we fire all those lecturers and hire the productive minds.

Enough is always Enough.

Bright minds don't search for jobs, they create jobs.

The fields in which the PHD was received matters. For example, you don't sack a prof in engineering and expect another one to just fall into your lap.

My point is, sacking all lecturers is easier said than done.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Federal Government hired, Federal Government can fire. ASUU should be disbanded.
If to say I dey near you I for slap you.

3 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Inasmuch as this strike is indirectly affecting me because of my fiancée that will have to spend more semester(s), thereby delaying my marriage, I support ASUU.
Does Goodluck Jonathan think he is dealing with Okada union executive members?

4 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by blaise26abj(m): 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
costandi:
Bia, do you know the meaning of a strike process

Don't mind him. mashed potatoes has more cohesion than his brain.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by GboyegaD(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
The downfall of the Nigerian educational system. Is the VC not an academic staff? Before his appointment wasn't he a part of the lecturers? Tomorrow when he is out of office, he will lay claim to him acting out of order as though he doesn't have a brain to think with.
Yet, some clowns will tell Nigerians abroad to come back home because things are getting better. Things are indeed getting "better" if this is the latest definition of better.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Good!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Things are indeed getting "better", UNIPORT has not had NEPA over 4 weeks now. It is indeed getting better.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by chioma134: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ozonna: Truth is ASUU will never remain the same again. They'll come out much more weakened after this.

Any government that'll take over in 2015 will take its hands off Universities/University teaching hospitals.
Which is what we're praying for. It will be better for us all.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Ngokafor(f): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
..it's only lazy students with very poor result that will still support the continuation of these tiring strike..that and insensitive graduates with nothing to lose.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by tomzman: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
This game is getting funny and interesting. I suggest moving this thread to the jokes section grin One wonders why the government never learns. The Unilorin saga happened not too long ago and we all know the outcome. Well, let's see where FUTO would get the new lecturers from. Let me quickly grab my popcorn and watch how this drama ends.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
ogb5: If I abscond from work for only one hour, my phone will ring non stop, if I abscond for one week, that means i have sacked myself.

These lecturers have absconded from duty for half a year, we are still discussing if they should be sacked.

Only in Nigeria
abi! Only in Nigeria! What pains me is the fact that; things that are unheard of are the things nigerians will always support. They should sack those senseless lecturers abeg and the organization called ASUU should be banned as well!

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Niseamaka(m): 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
1025:

are u a comedian? even under the military, this can't work.
our first lady is also a perm sec in bayelsa so is she planing to be a lecturer in any of the universities? maybe, english lecturer.
if there is anybody jonathan can sack, it will be the minister(s) he appoint and not lecturers.
these lecturers can fight him to standstill. very soon, labour will join the game and u will understand.
do not forget, u are increasing the prices of fuel, foods, import duties and the salaries are still the same.
this govt is fighting with almost everyone(especially the wrong ppl for the wrong reasons) and how do u think the govt will stand?
it is shame that u signed agreement with ASUU in 2009 and 4 years later, u have done nothing about it.
why will the govt sign agreement and refuse to honour it?

So if the government signed an agreement and could not honour it, the country should grind to a halt?. For over 4 months, our youths have been grounded. Just like doctors cannot embark on indefinite strike if they do not have their way because of the sensitive nature of their profession, those university lecturers should not punish our youths, because they did not get what they want from the government. The youths are the future of the country. In any negotiation, no individual or organization gets everything they wanted. If you want a pay raise where you work or improved working condition, will you stay away from work indefinitely due to the fact that you did not realize that and still be employed?.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
mascot87: This is the beginning of the end of education in Nigeria under GEJ.This would for ever be in record
Guy, if u r a lecturer u beta find u way to sch b4 or 2morrw. I tot u guys said it wont work since it did nt unda military regime. I pity u or any lecturer dat wil nt show up 2morrw. Hands don change, liver don grow, d soft n clueless don strong and ve develop clue to deal with any bittered n aggrieved fool. O! u r stil here u beta strt running 2 d classrooms b4 its toolate. In Clinton's voice "nobody dare say no to the president." e go be like India film to ASUU's eyes.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
mascot87: This is the beginning of the end of education in Nigeria under GEJ.This would for ever be in record
Guy, if u r a lecturer u beta find u way to sch b4 or 2morrw. I tot u guys said it wont work since it did nt unda military regime. I pity u or any lecturer dat wil nt show up 2morrw. Hands don change, liver don grow, d soft n clueless don strong and ve develop clue to deal with any bittered n aggrieved fools. O! u r stil here u beta strt running 2 d classrooms b4 its toolate. In Clinton's voice "nobody dare say no to the president." e go be like India film to ASUU's eyes.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by oluwaseunla(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Kx: UNIILORIN Season 2.
I doubt if this one will be that successful because in the UNILORIN saga, the academic staff were not united and eventually, out of the hundreds of lecturers, only forty something got sacked. In this case, these guys think they can sack the entire academic body. Whatever they are smoking in their senate must be real potent stuff.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by OmoTier1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
I feel ever so sorry for those that think black mailing and bulling the lecturers back to class room will solve the problem. If eventually they return, the students will end up with the backlash.

It is a shame that the FG could spend $1.6 million on cars for a single minister, over N3.8bn on presidential air fleet for GEJ yet is unable to spend N250bn each year on the universities!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Mpeace(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Now that they have sacked the lecturers, does it mean that those of us with good certificates can apply? Pls clarify cos I no want carry last. #note that if employed I will never go on strike even if govt decides to destroy the universities so they can privatise and sell them to their friends @ give away price
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by wengerjay(m): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
And the battle begins..
General Jonathan with the SLEDGE HAMMER!

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
"The dangerousness of the path strode by ASUU would indubitably render it redundant and obsolete"

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
oluwaseunla:
I doubt if this one will be that successful because in the UNILORIN saga, the academic staff were not united and eventually, out of the hundreds of lecturers, only forty something got sacked. In this case, these guys think they can sack the entire academic body. Whatever they are smoking in their senate must be real potent stuff.
o! Is dat wat u tink? Are u a lecturer? Or maybe ur mama n papa are or ur relatns are, e go be like india film 4 una eyes.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Fajzay: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
shidof: As from now on, here are the NEW
UNIVERSITIES
LECTURES
* Nysom Wike to teach (Political Science)
* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)
* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)
* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)
* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)
* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)
* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)
* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)
* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical
Engineering/
Petroleum Studies)
* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)
* David Mark, (Military Studies)
* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)
All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUARE
ABUJA
before 4th Dec. 2013. Signed:
Fresh Air and Transformation Team.......lwfm

Why is Jonathan assigned to teach Zoology? Did he originate from the zoo?. lmao
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Abeg make una sack all of them make i find way apply....Stupid lecturers!!!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by shaynelifa(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
Chazzyboy: They are making a big mistake
what is this one saying?? are you a parent, studnt abi lecturer? mtchewwww
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by excellent2013(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
nyesom WIKE(D)!!
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Allohrandy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Inasmuch as this strike is indirectly affecting me because of my fiancée that will have to spend more semester(s), thereby delaying my marriage, I support ASUU.
Does Goodluck Jonathan think he is dealing with Okada union executive members?
why do you support ASUU. most of you ASUU supporters are ignorant and don't have any genuine reason to support ASUU. Can you please name one western country where union workers are paid for the days they are on strike. its only in Nigeria that workers will go on strike for months and still expect to be paid. I am glad most schools have pulled out of ASUU because ASUU has been hijacked by APC party members.

2 Likes

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by Johnsinia(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
[quote author=Omo_Tier1]I feel ever so sorry for those that think black mailing and bulling the lecturers back to class room will solve the problem. If eventually they return, the students will end up with the backlash.
I doubt if u get the plan 'B' here, even if Nasir fagge n all ASUU chairman in all unis chapters shows up 2morrow, they will stil get dia sack later at d slittest opp. As far as FG is concern, they (ASUU) ve been corruptd into politics by the bittered and aggrieved oppositn party, which is nt good 4 educatn hence, their sack is nt negotiatable. Again in Clinton voice "nobody dare say no to the president." e go be like India film to ASUU eyes.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by jenuel: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
It baffles me how some lazy people write irrelevant stories with impunity. No university cam conven senate meeting during strike since only profs, HODs, directors and management staff constitute the senate of a university. We must stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by ojimbo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
this will discourage all unions in nigeria from going on strike when it comes to useless isssues which ASUU came up with, kudos to mr president, he is the key to nigerian problems

1 Like

Re: FUTO Sacks All Academic Staff by indoorlove(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
Those who see Fg action as welcome development must be a bad student of history , it was on record that the military government tried the same nonsense threat some years back but did not see the light of the day. I think the best approach is for the fg to be sincere in their promise. If they show seriousness this whole thing would be over in just a week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Nuc Releases List Of 36 Illegal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.