Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! (1384 Views)

How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above / Ladies; Before You Finally Give Up On That Relationship. / 9 Signs It’s Time To End That Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
There is a very thin line btw love and pity. Both are emotional responses created by attachment which gradually metamorphoses into obligation.
Alot of times we fall into this trap unknowingly; we get fond of someone who is very helpful and supportive, then get intimate out of gratitude not realising the impending doom that looms till our help gets emotional and protective of our attachment.
We are then duty-bound to keep up d act with d hope that our sense of gratitude will someday turn into love:pitiful indeed.
Is ur relationship based on love or pity?
Wake up from ur illusion and be sincere with urself, if u truely care for ur spouse let them go. They may hurt for a while but will find true love instead of d pseudolove u entrap them in.
It is better to know no love than to love and not be loved!

Re: Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! by agentspanky(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
I've actually found myself in 2 or 3 relationships that I thought was out of love but when I critically analysed d basis and foundation of the relationship I realized it was out of pity. But d challenge wit relationships dat are out of pity is dat u feel its inhuman 2 let go basically because of what ur patner feels and u ar scared of destroying an innocent patner's heart. Am sayin this because I've been there
Re: Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! by 190: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
undecided
Re: Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! by Ab025(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Even if u re in d r/ship for luv, it will stil fade a little in time....and there are times wen u dnt actually know again whether u re in the r/ship for luv or becos he or she is d best partner u ve ever met....this luv matter eh, the thing get as e be jare....

people shud stop believin all those craps u read in novels abt luv, reality is much more different.

3 Likes

Re: Are U In That Relationship For Love Or Pity??! by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2013
From my observation, Love comes wen u r nt searching. Unfortunately, most of us r hasty to get into a relationship, hence we go thru alot of trouble.
If only we wuld learn to love ourselves n enjoy singleness, our lives ll be alot better. No troubles!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Ur Marriage Alive. Married /adult Only. / Why Do Girls Get Angry After You Stop Toasting Them?? / Wife And Husband Actions To Avoid While Dating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.