Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Husband......... - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Husband......... (719849 Views)

How My Husband Became A Vegetable / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband......... by Jesusbaby93(f): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nice write up ma! I dey follow u...
Re: My Husband......... by Xandidamsel(f): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
na wa 0000....0w long ar we going 2wait 4d nxt update?
Re: My Husband......... by dammygoody(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
Well done ma'am..
Seriously waiting.....
Re: My Husband......... by asoebi(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
What a suspense filled and interesting story. I started reading just this Monday and since then I've been reading each page with keen interest.

@ story, it still baffles me how Hannah of all people became so cheap, I even thought I'll finally get to read it was just a crazy thought in Adetoun's head...So much for being careful.

@ Lucy, If I was a was a Senator I'll definitely sponsor a bill to make it a culpable offense to be "foolishly in love", that girl surely needs a full OS reset.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
asoebi: What a suspense filled and interesting story. I started reading just this Monday and since then I've been reading each page with keen interest.

@ story, it still baffles me how Hannah of all people became so cheap, I even thought I'll finally get to read it was just a crazy thought in Adetoun's head...So much for being careful.

@ Lucy, If I was a was a Senator I'll definitely sponsor a bill to make it a culpable offense to be "foolishly in love", that girl surely needs a full OS reset.

Tru tak broda
Re: My Husband......... by PwettyNini(f): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Weldone.
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
TYPING.
Re: My Husband......... by chii8(f): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Waiting patiently
Re: My Husband......... by wolexino(m): 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
ok, we dey wait ooo
Re: My Husband......... by kennylizzy(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Flakky has starved me for so long. There is God ooooo # in pateince voice#
Re: My Husband......... by Opracus(f): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
aunt flakky pls update nw it unfair but sha more mb 2 ur phone
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
TYPING.
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Flakkydagirl: TYPING.
WAITING grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by bumsiee: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
shocked cry cryAunty flakky is doing us ojoro oooo. She has been typing for 2days now oooo
Re: My Husband......... by stunningjudy(f): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
Flakkydagirl, u are actually killing my enthusiasm. I'm actually writing exam but i check NL for your updates and since yesterday you have been typing
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 5:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Jane picked the bedsheet and dropped it again,she made the bed and arranged the pillow.Her husband was in the bathroom.

"Honey i can't wait to have breakfast.". His voice came from the bathroom.

"Its bread and tea,it won't take much of your time." Jane answered hurrying to the dinning.

After much persuasion he agreed to have breakfast,she helped him with his briefcase to his car,before returning inside to get dressed for work.

She had her bath and dressed,in no time she had A̶̲̥̅ breakfast of boiled rice with chicken stew,she went to get her handbag in the bedroom.she pulled back the blinds to its place only to find A̶̲̥̅ feeding bottle right there.

The clock stopped ticking for A̶̲̥̅ full minute,as she bent down to pick the bottle on the red wine rug.She must have forgotten to take her breath as she sat back holding the bottle with so much strength.

She remembered how that bottle had come to be in their room,if she had A̶̲̥̅ child the bottle wouldn't be D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° idle,she was responsible for its idleness.

She stood up and walked to the nursery,she sat on the rug and began to cry soiling her expensive lacy embroidery dress.she picked the little pillow and placed it to her breast.
"Suck." She cooed the pillow rocking it like A̶̲̥̅ baby.

She removed her dress and bra,holding her breast to the pillow..how can you even suck when there's no milk there.

"When will God give me A̶̲̥̅ child to nurse?" She looked up to heaven.More drops of salt water travelled down her cheeks.

"Oyindunmade!" Jane heard her name and looked up,she was surprised to see Jacob standing right there staring at her.

Pity was not what she found in eyes,it was anger and the first of its kind,she felt so embarrased for her action.she put her clothe in order and followed him A̶̲̅s he walked away from the nursery.

He was headed for the bedroom,the cool eyes that were cute to stare at moment before driving off to work were now filled with unspoken anger.He flunged the white file in his hands on the floor.

"I'm sorry." Jane said,but it was more of A̶̲̥̅ whisper.

After the last episode when Jacob caught her crying in the nursery,he had made her promise that she would not cry again.And here she was,just after three days.

"Sorry? For crying in the nursery or for putting A̶̲̥̅ pillow to your breast?"

Jane knew better than to answer him,"You know you're beginning to frustrate me with your frequenting that room to cry....i ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ not even complaining,⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ i?"

"I hope D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° would be very last time that those actions would repeat itself,i hope that's clear." He said,she nodded and was about to pick the file he flung against the wall,but he was faster,he grabbed it from her and hurried out of the bedroom slamming the door hard.

Adetoun closed the bind after waiting up for close to two hours for Hannah's return.she knew what excuse she would give again.

Ever since they went to the club and she met that strange man she was always going to his place every weekend and all the free time she had.D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° was becoming A̶̲̥̅ wild habit she couldn't curtail.she had comtemplated on reporting the issue to Mother or Jane,but after so much delibration,she ruled out that option.

D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° was the second weekend that she was disappearing like D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° without any lead.she sat on the leather sofa and pouted her lips,she was feeling sleepy already but she couldn't go to bed with making sure hannah was safe in bed too.

She was already dozing when she heard her coming in,"Hannah look at the time its late and where are you coming from?" Adetoun's voice was laced with worry.

Hannah staggered backward,A̶̲̥̅ sign that she was tipsy."What...is your business with that?" She fired back,trying to control her legs that had defied her instructions to remain steady.

When she spoke alcohol stenched from her mouth,Adetoun shaked her head in pity."Just one night out and you've become something else."

A piercing hiss came from Hannah's lips A̶̲̥̅s she staggered to her room.

Adetoun nodded her head,and locked the door before making for her room to rest.
The bottle of vodka was almost empty,he emptied the glass and dropped it on the table.His friends won him in all the games they played D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° afternoon.He wasn't feeling well and looked sad.

"I think something is wrong with Jacob." Jaiye said to Paul while they played snokers at an angle in the large court.

Paul cast their friend A̶̲̥̅ glance,it was obvious he had his head under water,"Let's ask him." He said as they both moved towards the table where Jacob sat accompanied by his drinks.

Jaiye pulled out two chairs,and signalled to the waitress who brought his favorite and served them.he slapped the lady's behind playfully,A̶̲̥̅ chuckle escaped from his throat,watching as she swayed away to attend to other customers.

"Old boy what's eating you up?" Paul inquired,an easy smile played across his dark face,he looked fresh and quite cool as he adjusted the collar of his shirt. Jacob raised his head to look at his friends,he picked the glass and made to refill it but paul stopped him. "If D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° is something we can help you with,kindly lighten your burden by sharing with."Paul's voice was light and laden with confidence.

"I'm A̶̲̥̅ married man,i have A̶̲̥̅ beautiful wife but i don't have A̶̲̥̅ child." Jacob paused to look at his friends,

"I'm not complaining,i'm sad but i'm not showing it...my wife..my wife is beginning to frustrate me with her constant tears.i ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ confused."

Paul lowered his head as if he was thinking,he raised it to meet Jacob's eye." That's women for you,but you have to be strong to comfort yourself so that you can comfort her."

"I agree with paul,its not easy for her you know,and you have to be active in bed too,all women like that,and that's why all the girls like me even the married ones keep begging for it." Jaiye grinned his eyes trailing A̶̲̥̅ young lady who was walking to the far end corner to take A̶̲̥̅ seat.

Jacob lightened up A̶̲̥̅ bit,he thanked his friends and ordered for another round of drinks.Jaiye excused himself to make A̶̲̥̅ call.
"That was Bimbo." He said falling into his seat like A̶̲̥̅ pack of card.

"Bimbo!" Jacob and Paul called at the same time.They had found out that their friend was cheating on his wife and had both spoken to him about him,to which he promised to change.

And it was D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° same Bimbo girl calling again,"I have to go now." He said getting up.

Jacob watched Jaiye leave,he wondered if his life would come to A̶̲̥̅ point where he would cheat on his wife.
"God forbid." He spat.

Paul cast him A̶̲̥̅ look,"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yep..i ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊aм̤̣̲̣̥̈̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣." He answered,nothing under the sun would ever make him cheat on Jane.He glanced at his wristwatch,home called.
"Adora darling come to mummy!"

Jane called,beckoning to the baby using her hand as A̶̲̥̅ signal,the baby looked towards her and A̶̲̥̅ smile formed on her face as she walked towards her.

In one clean sweep,she lifted her and placed her on her laps,"How are you?" She asked,the baby nodded her head and smiled,Jane looked up to see Cynthia coming in with A̶̲̥̅ pair of shoe in her hands.

She handed the shoe to Jane who examined it," I think i have something like D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° already." She tried the shoe on,it was just her size.

"Aww..it looks good on you,i'll be offended if you don't take it." Cynthia said feigning A̶̲̥̅ frown on her face.

"Look i have enough shoes as it is,i like D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚° color and its A̶̲̥̅ nice shoe but i'm not taking it."Jane insisted,handing the shoes to Cynthia who accepted it from her.

Cynthia gave the shoe to little Adora,"Now give it to mummy jane." Adora obediently collected the shoes and faced jane.

"Say please." Cynthia said.

The baby smiled again,"ppplse" the baby said.

"I'm sure you don't want to refuse her." Cynthia laughed,as Adora placed the shoe on the floor and began to play with it.

Jane was forced to accept it,that singular word from little Adora touched her,she fought back the tears that burned the back of her eyes.Cynthia led her to the balcony that overlooked the pool,Jane loved coming here each time she visited the Olasupo's,it was A̶̲̥̅ beautiful sight from where she stood.

"Do you know that Jaiye didn't come home last night." Cynthia said.

"He said he was with Jacob and their friends,i don't believe him anyway."

Jane thought of what to say to her friend,"Perhaps its work."

"Work?did i hear you say work? If he decides not to work again,he won't suffer A̶̲̥̅ minute of his life,his parents are wealthy,so are mine and he's also in money,what else does he want?" Cynthia said.

"Its okay,i trust him,so relax and stop worrying your poor head." Jane said."About my birthday." She looked up at Cynthia deftly changing the topic.

"Oh my,i almost forgot." Cynthia's face lit up in excitement. "We really have to plan A̶̲̥̅ large party."

The two women stood discussing for A̶̲̥̅ long period of time about the proposed party.And the things they planned to buy.Cynthia suddenly went pale,Jane helped her to A̶̲̥̅ seat and brought her some water.

"Are you alright?" She asked,collecting the glass from her.Cynthia nodded and inhaled deeply.

"Do you think i should call your husband?"

Cynthia smiled,"I'm fine."

"I hope you've not been thinking Cynthia." Jane looked worried now since her friend wasn't speaking.

"Jane i hate to see you look sad,that's why i didn't inform you that i've taken in,and i'm two months gone." Cynthia explained in one breath,her eyes on Janes.

Jane thought her head would explode at first,she let the information she had just received sink in as she found herself A̶̲̥̅ seat too.

"Jane please don't feel sad because of D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇s˚˚˚°,i'm sure you'll have A̶̲̥̅ child soon." Cynthia tried to comfort her friend.

"I'm fine,just don't mind me." Jane said getting up,she stayed A̶̲̥̅ while before leaving.

1 Like

Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 5:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Finished typing
Re: My Husband......... by Flakkydagirl: 5:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Stunningjudy
Bumsiee
Snowprince07
Opracus
Kennylizzy
Wolexino
Chii8
Pwettynini
Onemansquad
Asoebi
Dammygoody
Xandidamsel
Kingphilip
Labaski
Princesschi
Jesusbaby93
Bunsky
Aliyuozioma
Mariamferanmi
Queenjuli
Lyzee21
Christybabe
Dahyor07
Tsodjete
Vibra
Vivikul
And others....i just updated LATE as usual..i wish i could be more frequent.

⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ for dropping in to read..you guys are the best.

Good Morning..enjoy A̶̲̥̅ beautiful Tuesday ahead.

Dexterush?
Tiffanyj?
Tbrak?
Tolulopegeorge??

2 Likes

Re: My Husband......... by Tbrak: 5:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Tanx 4 d update, pls dt kip us waiting be4 anoda update. I nid 2 beat hannah and jaiye, pls jane take it easy god wl surely bless u wit triplet. First 2 read and comment
Re: My Husband......... by TiffanyJ(f): 6:17am On Sep 23, 2014
Wow, is all i got to say. I have been following your work for quite sometime. Never said a word cause I was waiting for the work to be completed.
The fact that you called my name prompted me to make a comment.
I hope Jacob is not responsible for Jane's inability to conceived? They both need to go for check-up oo.
Flakkydagirl, weldone, although i've not read, 'Rebeccah' and 'Sibblings', you did a very good job with 'my husband'
kudos
Re: My Husband......... by omobola200(f): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2014
Nice one Flakky, thanks for the update. But don't keep us waiting, as u know we are Oliver Twist always asking for more.
Re: My Husband......... by dammygoody(m): 8:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Nice update ma'am!!!

Following...
Re: My Husband......... by cataleyah(f): 9:10am On Sep 23, 2014
Wow nice one.Your story made me go signup for nairaland,so I could at least reply.I must confess that you are doing a really great job.More grease to your elbows.waiting for more updates.Do have a nice day
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 23, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Stunningjudy
Bumsiee
Snowprince07
Opracus
Kennylizzy
Wolexino
Chii8
Pwettynini
Onemansquad
Asoebi
Dammygoody
Xandidamsel
Kingphilip
Labaski
Princesschi
Jesusbaby93
Bunsky
Aliyuozioma
Mariamferanmi
Queenjuli
Lyzee21
Christybabe
Dahyor07
Tsodjete
Vibra
Vivikul
And others....i just updated LATE as usual..i wish i could be more frequent.

⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ for dropping in to read..you guys are the best.

Good Morning..enjoy A̶̲̥̅ beautiful Tuesday ahead.

Dexterush?
Tiffanyj?
Tbrak?
morning ma'am
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2014
tanx flakky i pray jane gets a child soon, we haven't heard from jackie and jacob's mum wats happening to them? jane's mum with her husband fa? U stil haven't told us the rationale behind jaiye's visit hehehehehe i d hurry abi no mind me. Kip up the good work
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Tanx for d 1daful update ma'am
Re: My Husband......... by chii8(f): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Na waoo,Jacob is getting frustrated Jane watch it ooo
Re: My Husband......... by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2014
Gud am ma'am,9ce one.what is wrong with hanny dis days,and we haven't heard anything from Adetoun family.
Re: My Husband......... by Hameenat94(f): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wonderful update as usual
Re: My Husband......... by Onemansquad(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
jeez!!! Angry wit hannah, anybody wit a nice koboko thr pls? I hope dat man didnt use charm on hannah oo

Ma'am flakky u always knw d best for us tanx *kip da updates flowing*
Re: My Husband......... by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gosh!!
Cynthia shouldn't have told that to Jane na.

Never worry, Jane, you are having some triplets sooncheesy
Re: My Husband......... by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gosh!!
Cynthia shouldn't have told that to Jane na.

Never worry, Jane, you are having some triplets sooncheesy

Well done, Flakkydagirl!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (74) (Reply)

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.