Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour (15358 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by brilapluz(m): 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Dis is too bad..wanted 2 direct sum friends 2 Dis thread now Dis...its well...atleast mouth never die...!
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Image123(m): 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: Its a pity, the finished task has gone back to an unfinished state. God knows best.

Rhymey my brother, what's good? Oh, so drumb doesn't have it on his blog? Oya, bring your tithe receipt for the past six months drumb, lol. i may consider helping you.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Rhymeyjohn: 9:11am On Jun 30, 2014
DrummaBoy:

You can say it again.

How now Rhymejohn? I trust you are fine.
Yea, thanks, quite a while
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Rhymeyjohn: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2014
Image123:

Rhymey my brother, what's good? Oh, so drumb doesn't have it on his blog? Oya, bring your tithe receipt for the past six months drumb, lol. i may consider helping you.
Oh, you mean drummaboy has an archive some where?, let him restore it here. Quite a while, how is life? blessings

1 Like

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: Oh, you mean drummaboy has an archive some where?, let him restore it here. Quite a while, how is life? blessings

Unfortunately, I kept no records of the discussions. I took it for granted that the thread will always be there.

But nothing spoil; even up to this point, the issues have already been made clear about the tithing subject. God is able to give people whatever convictions they need on any subject in religion including tithing.

While I maintain my grouse with those who fleece people of their money in the name of tithing, I have no problem with anyone who tithes of his free will. I rest on Romans 14 now: To him who tithes, it is to the Lord he tithes and to him who doesn't to the Lord he does the same; God has accepted them all. Tithing is not a weighty issue in Christianity.

Join trustman and I as we discuss something that is weighty and for which I can split hairs: Word of Faith.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: Oh, you mean drummaboy has an archive some where?, let him restore it here. Quite a while, how is life? blessings

Unfortunately, I kept no records of the discussions. I took it for granted that the thread will always be there.

But nothing spoil; even up to this point, the issues have already been made clear about the tithing subject. God is able to give people whatever convictions they need on any subject in religion including tithing.

While I maintain my grouse with those who fleece people of their money in the name of tithing, I have no problem with anyone who tithes of his free will. I rest on Romans 14 now: To him who tithes, it is to the Lord he tithes and to him who doesn't to the Lord he does the same; God has accepted them all. Tithing is not a weighty issue in Christianity.

Join trustman and I as we discuss something that is weighty and for which I can split hairs: Word of Faith.

www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents#24357598
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by PastorKun(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
DrummaBoy:

www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents#24357598

I remember asking you to let's extract both sides of the tithe debate and publish it into a book for the benefit of all. If only we had proceeded as suggested. sad too much work went into that debate too allow it to be lost too Seun's negligence.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Candour(m): 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pastor Kun:
I remember asking you to let's extract both sides of the tithe debate and publishing it into a book for the benefit of all. If only we had proceeded as suggested. sad too much work went into that debate too allow it to be lost too Seun's negligence.

grin grin don't mind DrummaBoy jare.

@Pastor Kun, actually its not such a big deal. I believe a sincere seeker of truth about the practice of tithing will find it browsing through the 9 pages of the discussion left unaffected by the tsunami. Anyway, I have the contributions of Mark and i to this discussion in a folder somewhere on my system though I don't think I'm interested in uploading them again. Like I said earlier, if it's truth you want, its there in the remainder of the thread.

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Pastor Kun:

I remember asking you to let's extract both sides of the tithe debate and publishing it into a book for the benefit of all. If only we had proceeded as suggested. sad too much work went into that debate too allow it to be lost too Seun's negligence.

I remember too o... chai, chai... if I had known but to hearken to the voice of an elder... dia ris God O

lol

But seriously Kun is right. I was just damn lazy... apologies.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Image123(m): 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
DrummaBoy:

good, God answers prayer.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Image123:

good, God answers prayer.

This comment from you is wholly unnecasary because there is nothing different I said in what you quoted and what I have always maintained on this forum. For example, I refer you to the opening comment of this thread where I said, among other things:

The two groups are well prepared and shall be making their presentations in a matter of moment. We have made it clear that this is not a debate but a discussion, so that there shall be no winner nor looser. We trust God that the gain of this discuss will be people visiting this thread in the years to come to gain understanding on the whole matter of tithing. So that he that wishes to tithe still will continue to do so; and he that doesn’t will not feel condemened but will base his practice on sound scriptural positions as will be discussed.

Note the bolded.

Unfortunately you, and especially Bidam, have never been able to rid your minds of a bondage to competition and the desire to be proven right and seen to have won an argument. In the same OP I made it clear there will be no winner or looser. One Ukupt guy here went around and opened a thread that antithers have won the tithe argument on this forum after the discuss. Shdemidemi and I corrected him that the tithe debates, for us, is not aimed at winning but bringing understanding.

Before you rushed off thanking God for whatever reasons, you refused to see that I stated that my grouse will always be against those collecting tithes to fleece God's people. Which is the leading reason for tithe collecting in our clime anyway and the reason I cannot stop condemning the monetary tithes. But if you or some others do so for convictions wholly from God, good. I praise God for it and rejoice wholeheartedly for it.

My above statement you quoted has not subtracted from my position on tithes on this forum, neither has it reduced the argument Candour/Miwerds provided against tithing here.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Image123(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
God answers prayers still,
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wow... The thread lives on grin
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 10:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
Image123: God answers prayers still,

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Candour(m): 6:20am On Jul 01, 2014
Image123: God answers prayers still,

Truly God answers prayers.......every time.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Candour(m): 6:22am On Jul 01, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Of course God answers prayers abi you doubt it
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Candour:

Of course God answers prayers abi you doubt it

hmmmm, ask him oh. Where's Mark?
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
I have everything from the beginning of the Discuss up to Rebuttal of R8 saved in MSWord 2003 format.

5 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by truthislight: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
MarkMiwerds: I have everything from the beginning of the Discuss up to Rebuttal of R8 saved in MSWord 2003 format.

grin

Smiles! grin

Actually, this is my best smile for today. grin

Thank you mark. grin cool

1 Like

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by sleekymag(m): 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
I read through the nine pages from yesterday evening and i must say it's very well-researched and deep. Thanks to MarkMiwerds and Candour for their positions (which i share) and also to the opposing team, Image123 and Rhymeyjohn. I believe we're under grace now, and should give based on love motivation and not in monetary tithes as many of us have erroneously walked in over time. Also thanks to early proponents on nairaland like PastorKun,and thanks to Drummaboy for the effective moderation of the discuss to be free of spiteful comments and derailment. God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by vooks: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2014
Drummaboy,
Thank you for organizing this great piece of work.
Candour, Image thank you for your good work in contributing. It is sad that it has ended

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2014
vooks:
Drummaboy,
Candour, Image thank you for your good work in contributing. It is sad that it has ended

It's even more sad that Image123 learnt nothing despite all that was taught in the discussion.

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by WinsomeX: 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
PastorKun:

It's even more sad that Image123 learnt nothing despite all that was taught in the discussion.

lol.

Maybe the next topic to discuss will be between Image123 and PastorKun on "A Discussion on the Christian Faith Strictly between Image123 and PastorKun".

That will be the mother of all threads.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by vooks: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
The dumbest excuse I have heard from image for tithing is, blessings come from various things such as prayer,charity and tithing and that nobody can refute this. I wonder whether they admit menstruating women to their congregation and what blessings come from that, or what the Spirit has led them to develop out of that and apply today.

And since they believe there is nothing wrong with keeping Feasts, why don't they keep them to secure whatever blessings accrue to these. Or circumcise their boys as well and fulfill all righteousness

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by PastorKun(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
WinsomeX:

lol.

Maybe the next topic to discuss will be between Image123 and PastorKun on "A Discussion on the Christian Faith Strictly between Image123 and PastorKun".

That will be the mother of all threads.

grin grin grin
How do you expect me have a discussion on the Christian faith with someone who has no clue as to what the Christian faith is all about?

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
Sorry to interject.

I just think there are a lot of "Christians" who do not understand what Christ's death and Resurrection means.

We just have follow-follow "Christians" who cannot be bothered to search the scriptures like the Berean church and seek understanding.
What we have are people who just blow hot air by quoting scriptures out of context to suit their flawed arguments.

i'm not calling names. They know themselves.

Taking a principle of the law in isolation and trying in vain to make it look applicable in the dispensation of Grace.
Equating a Levite to their pastor, and the like.

Charlatanry seems to be the order of the day, even in the "church".

3 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
PastorKun:

grin grin grin
How do you expect me have a discussion on the Christian faith with someone who has no clue as to what the Christian faith is all about?
you think image123 and his patners dont know the truth about tithe?, i dont think so, i believe they know the truth but are simply perpetual pretenders who try so hard to lie to their own conscience. No sane and rational human beign would make an argument of this magnitude without knowing the truth.

2 Likes

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by PastorKun(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
EMILO2STAY:
you think image123 and his patners dont know the truth about tithe?, i dont think so, i believe they know the truth but are simply perpetual pretenders who try so hard to lie to their own conscience. No sane and rational human beign would make an argument of this magnitude without knowing the truth.

Perhaps he is not sane. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by DrummaBoy(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
vooks:
Drummaboy,

THANK YOU vooks
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by MarkMiwerds(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
vooks:
The dumbest excuse I have heard from image for tithing is, blessings come from various things such as prayer,charity and tithing and that nobody can refute this. I wonder whether they admit menstruating women to their congregation and what blessings come from that, or what the Spirit has led them to develop out of that and apply today.

And since they believe there is nothing wrong with keeping Feasts, why don't they keep them to secure whatever blessings accrue to these. Or circumcise their boys as well and fulfill all righteousness

since the Bible says the Feasts were to be observed in Israel, I highly doubt they even keep the Feasts.

1 Like

Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by PastorKun(m): 6:04am On Oct 20, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
since the Bible says the Feasts were to be observed in Israel, I highly doubt they even keep the Feasts.

Good to read from you Mark, it's been quite an age.
Re: A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour by MarkMiwerds(m): 2:56am On Oct 22, 2014
PastorKun:

Good to read from you Mark, it's been quite an age.
it has been a while, my Brother. I am still boldly proclaiming the Truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Islamic Slavery In Africa / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God / Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.