Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66448 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
Obinnau: the cheesemonger.
this i hard to guess, it could have been quentyn martell but he died a fools death, it might be the maester that left the citadel when sam arrived. But the viable champion might be victarion greyjoy.
he is still missing. But i presume he is dead.
i doubt if she will. Her marriage to the heir will ultimately bring the vale of arryn to the cause of the starks and they will declare for her.

i havent figured it out yet. Maybe on my 2nd re-read.

if its not Dany or aegon, who else?

i dont understand what you truly meant.

he is a dead black brother of the watch

yes he died from his wounds after the fight with his brothers men

his son Euron croweye

i dont know.

I don't think Sandor Clegane died. Remember when Brienne went to the Salt Pans with the Begging brother, Pod and the hedge knight? They met someone who was digging a grave who looks monstrous and does not look like a priest. I think the man is Sandor Clegane.

Euron Croweyes is Balon Greyjoy's brother and was not around on Pyke when Balon had the fall that caused his death.

Could Coldhands be Benjen Stark??

I think the Perfumed Seneschal is Hirzdar (Daenerys' Meerenese husband).

As for who the third dragon rider might be...I think it may be Jon Snow (that is if he is truly a Targeryen).

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
pod knew sandor clegane by sight, so he should have known there and then that the grave digger is not sandor
yeah euron is balon's brother. Now remember balon banished him and told him never to return. Now he returned just a day after balon's death, dont you think he carefully planned it?
It might be hizdar loraq in truth.
About jon snow. He should be dead unless the red priestess will revive him, remember when the steward bowen marsh and other brothers stabbed him to dead and told him it was for the wall?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by trent9002(m): 6:23am On Dec 31, 2013
1. I think Jon will be the third dragon. Young Griff might be a Blackfyre pretender. Maester Aemon died in Braavos on their way to Oldtown.
2 the Riddler and the sphinx stuff, I think its about alleras the Sphinx at Oldtown who might be Sarella Sand (first name reverse), one of the sand snakes
3. Not sure. AA Candidates are Jon, Stannis, Dany, Davos, etc. Noone knows
4. Sandor Clegane is likely not dead. He's probably the gravedigger that Brienne met in Queit Isle. He might even participate in Cleganebowl (ser Robert strong(Gregor) vs sandor (champion of The Faith). Get Hype
5. Balon Greyjoy was killed by a faceless Man, probably sent by crowseye
6. Jaqen h'ghar is currently in Oldtown posing as Pate (AFFC prologue)
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2013
trent9002: 1. I think Jon will be the third dragon. Young Griff might be a Blackfyre pretender. Maester Aemon died in Braavos on their way to Oldtown.
2 the Riddler and the sphinx stuff, I think its about alleras the Sphinx at Oldtown who might be Sarella Sand (first name reverse), one of the sand snakes
3. Not sure. AA Candidates are Jon, Stannis, Dany, Davos, etc. Noone knows
4. Sandor Clegane is likely not dead. He's probably the gravedigger that Brienne met in Queit Isle. He might even participate in Cleganebowl (ser Robert strong(Gregor) vs sandor (champion of The Faith). Get Hype
5. Balon Greyjoy was killed by a faceless Man, probably sent by crowseye
6. Jaqen h'ghar is currently in Oldtown posing as Pate (AFFC prologue)

Nice submissions especially on Alleras and Jaqen H'ghar.

Where is Rickon Stark?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 11:18am On Dec 31, 2013
oluamid:

Where is Rickon Stark?
that has been gnawing at me. Where is it thats so frightful that davos will wish he hadnt gone. Am thinking maybe Skagos. Or in kings landing. Or the bog people. Depending on where osha goes.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by trent9002(m): 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
oluamid:

Where is Rickon Stark?
Rickon Stark is in Skagos and Davos is going there to smuggle him out
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
trent9002:
Rickon Stark is in Skagos and Davos is going there to smuggle him out
haha i guessed as much but is there any pointer that he is really there?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by trent9002(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
"For half a heartbeat Davos considered asking Wyman Manderly to send him back to the Wolf’s Den, to Ser Bartimus with his tales and Garth with his lethal ladies. In the Den even prisoners ate porridge in the morning. But there were other places in this world where men were known to break their fast on human flesh."
The Skagosi are said to be cannibals.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:04am On Jan 01, 2014
trent9002: "For half a heartbeat Davos considered asking Wyman Manderly to send him back to the Wolf’s Den, to Ser Bartimus with his tales and Garth with his lethal ladies. In the Den even prisoners ate porridge in the morning. But there were other places in this world where men were known to break their fast on human flesh."
The Skagosi are said to be cannibals.

But, what exactly is Rickon and Osha doing in a place like Skagos? I mean, there are a lot of places they can go to. Why not go to Jogen Reed's father? What about the wall? Or the Vale? Why Skagos of all places?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 7:05am On Jan 01, 2014
oluamid:

But, what exactly is Rickon and Osha doing in a place like Skagos? I mean, there are a lot of places they can go to. Why not go to Jogen Reed's father? What about the wall? Or the Vale? Why Skagos of all places?
with alliances been broken and forged, plus that osha is a wildling that doesnt know the realm well, her first notion will be to take the boy well away from the carnage.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by trent9002(m): 7:11am On Jan 01, 2014
oluamid:

Westeros is at war. The road to the Vale was very dangerous and Ramsay was actively searching for the Stark children, same as the Reeds. They agreed to split to be safe, Bran was originally meant to go to the Wall before he decided to seek the 3 eyed crow Beyond the wall. Also, Skagos are bannermen to the Starks(at least, technically) so would welcome Ned's son. and is untouched by the war.

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by donsimon2(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2014
trent9002:
Read what I wrote. Jon Snow's dad is Prince Rhaegar not Ned. He eloped with lyanna which led to Robert's rebellion. Knocked her up, she died giving birth to Jon and makes Ned promise not to reveal the child's Targ identity. Ned then goes back to winterfell with the child claiming Jon as his bastard
it makes a lot of sense...I was thinking d same thing too...
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
oluamid: I have never come across a working download link online. If you are on bbm, you can PM me your pin and I'll transfer the pdf files to you.

Would you mind emailing? I have decided to read the books jare.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2014
What's ur email address?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 07, 2014
naijababe01@gmail.com
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
@naijababe, expect book 1 soonest.

I just finished reading the book 5 (again) and some things jumped out at me. GGRM is a very good writer simply because of his ability to put readers in suspense even after very lengthy 5 books. I wonder how he does it.

That said, is there anybody who is wondering where Varys has been until his appearance at the tail end of aDwD? That guy is a smooth operator. He disappeared after helping Tyrion to escape and came back only to kill Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycell (excuse the spellings). This got me thinking, who are the real players of this Game of Thrones? Definitely not the Lannisters, the Starks, the Tyrells, the Boltons, and not even the Targeryens. Rather, we have Doran Martell (partly), Varys, Littlefinger, the Pentoshi Cheesemonger (Illyrio), and maybe Tyrion Lannister who just recently understood the game. Others like Stannis and Cersei are just pawns.

I can't wait for Tyrion to join the game. He has the wit to match the other players in the game.

I also don't know how Jon Snow and Mellisandre are going to be alive at the same time. Assuming Jon died of his wound after being stabbed by his black brothers, who is going to bring him back to life? Remember that Beric Dondarrion died after bringing back Catelyn Stark from the dead.

Does anyone remember Gendry? Robert Barratheon's bastard? What is his part in all of this? Is there anyway Mellisandre and Gendry are going to meet (like they did in the Game of Thrones tv series)? Who will rule King's Landing following the death of Kevan Lannister? Cersei or the Tyrells or the Faith?

Twists.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
oluamid: @naijababe, expect book 1 soonest.

I just finished reading the book 5 (again) and some things jumped out at me. GGRM is a very good writer simply because of his ability to put readers in suspense even after very lengthy 5 books. I wonder how he does it.

That said, is there anybody who is wondering where Varys has been until his appearance at the tail end of aDwD? That guy is a smooth operator. He disappeared after helping Tyrion to escape and came back only to kill Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycell (excuse the spellings). This got me thinking, who are the real players of this Game of Thrones? Definitely not the Lannisters, the Starks, the Tyrells, the Boltons, and not even the Targeryens. Rather, we have Doran Martell (partly), Varys, Littlefinger, the Pentoshi Cheesemonger (Illyrio), and maybe Tyrion Lannister who just recently understood the game. Others like Stannis and Cersei are just pawns.

I can't wait for Tyrion to join the game. He has the wit to match the other players in the game.

I also don't know how Jon Snow and Mellisandre are going to be alive at the same time. Assuming Jon died of his wound after being stabbed by his black brothers, who is going to bring him back to life? Remember that Beric Dondarrion died after bringing back Catelyn Stark from the dead.

Does anyone remember Gendry? Robert Barratheon's bastard? What is his part in all of this? Is there anyway Mellisandre and Gendry are going to meet (like they did in the Game of Thrones tv series)? Who will rule King's Landing following the death of Kevan Lannister? Cersei or the Tyrells or the Faith?

Twists.
personally i think the book will span to book 10. Let GRRM not die until he finishes his story. Varys must have been in kings landing all the while recruiting those kids that do his bidding. It wasnt beric that brought cately back to life. It was thoros of mir or whatever, the red priestess. I don really know how lord beric died though. Me thinks melisandre will bring jon back to life. And all those people you listed are all playing the game of thrones lol, in littlefingers voice 'you lose or you die', and the losers are dying bro. Dont be surprised when the author will kill tyrion lanister. Do you think qyburn is in league with Varys?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2014
It will be a great tragedy if he kills Tyrion Lannister. He's easily one of my favourite characters in the book. I agree he could be dispensed with though because I don't see him and Victarion Greyjoy getting along.

What do you make of the letter that was sent to Jon that made him want to forsake his vows? Do you think any of its contents is true?

There are various gift chapters of the next book online and I've read two of those, the Theon and Andrianne 1 chapters. Has anyone read it? I've got the Andrianne chapter on doc format so I can send to anyone who is interested.

PS: @Naijababe, you've got mail.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by UjSizzle(f): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2014
Obinnau: Jon snows mother is wylla dayne the dornish princess
No she's not. I remember Arya met a boy that told her Jon Snow was his milk brother. Don't remember her name, but she's from one of the smaller houses.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by UjSizzle(f): 11:17am On Jan 08, 2014
oluamid: It will be a great tragedy if he kills Tyrion Lannister. He's easily one of my favourite characters in the book. I agree he could be dispensed with though because I don't see him and Victarion Greyjoy getting along.

What do you make of the letter that was sent to Jon that made him want to forsake his vows? Do you think any of its contents is true?

There are various gift chapters of the next book online and I've read two of those, the Theon and Andrianne 1 chapters. Has anyone read it? I've got the Andrianne chapter on doc format so I can send to anyone who is interested.

PS: @Naijababe, you've got mail.
I'm interested pls. Send to Ujsizzle@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle:
No she's not. I remember Arya met a boy that told her Jon Snow was his milk brother. Don't remember her name, but she's from one of the smaller houses.
what do u think of trents proposition that jon's mother was lyanna stark?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle:
remember there are two female daynes mentioned, wylla and ashara dayne. Wylla was the name of the wet nurse according to the boy arya met.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by UjSizzle(f): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
Obinnau: what do u think of trents proposition that jon's mother was lyanna stark?
You think Lyanna probably had a child with Rhaegar and Ned is trying to cover up by saying it's his? cheesy
That'll make Jon a Targaryen then.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
uj_sizzle:
You think Lyanna probably had a child with Rhaegar and Ned is trying to cover up by saying it's his? cheesy
That'll make Jon a Targaryen then.
yup thats what trent is saying. But only time will tell us the truth.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
@uj_sizzle, you've got mail.

Trent's proposition is the best I've seen so far on Jon Snow's parentage. The book however seem to point to the Wylla/Ashara Dayne route. Though I read somewhere in the book that Ashara Dayne's baby was still-born and this drove her to her death (or something).

@Obinnau, it wasn't Thoros of Myr that did a 'Lazarus' on Catelyn Stark, it was Berric Dondarrion and that was what led to his death (it has something to do with his life fire or something) according to Thoros himself when he was explaining Lady Stoneheart to Brienne during her captivity.

PS: I can't read my PMs, you can reach me on olu52005@yahoo.com.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
Would re-read that particular chapter to get my facts right.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Check out this link to read Victarion's chapter

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/r1v01/transcript_of_the_excerpt_from_the_victarion/

@Obinnau, which of the books? Dance with Dragons or the Andrianne Chapter?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
oluamid: Check out this link to read Victarion's chapter

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/r1v01/transcript_of_the_excerpt_from_the_victarion/

@Obinnau, which of the books? Dance with Dragons or the Andrianne Chapter?
i have finished the five books. The adrianne pls.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
Obinnau: i have finished the five books. The adrianne pls.

I've sent it bro.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
oluamid:

I've sent it bro.
thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by UjSizzle(f): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
oluamid: @uj_sizzle, you've got mail.

Trent's proposition is the best I've seen so far on Jon Snow's parentage. The book however seem to point to the Wylla/Ashara Dayne route. Though I read somewhere in the book that Ashara Dayne's baby was still-born and this drove her to her death (or something).

@Obinnau, it wasn't Thoros of Myr that did a 'Lazarus' on Catelyn Stark, it was Berric Dondarrion and that was what led to his death (it has something to do with his life fire or something) according to Thoros himself when he was explaining Lady Stoneheart to Brienne during her captivity.

PS: I can't read my PMs, you can reach me on olu52005@yahoo.com.
Thanks smiley

I just pray Melissandre resurrects Jon. That guy is too good to be dead sad

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nairaland is back!

But it took along with it the majority of our posts (about 6 or 7 pages I think).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.