Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66543 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
moski5:

Tyrion is paying his debt n playing d game of thrones He's d guy we're all looking out 4
As 4 Sam he ain't out yet its Jon I'm a bit concerned about
Not Me if I read where do whores go again I go lose my mind

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by trent9002(m): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Heyy
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
oluamid:

I'm here.

I was just arguing with someone today about the Red wedding (the person has not read the books). I told him there is justification for what happened therein but he would have none of it. Rather he was calling Frey a traitor and cursing the Lannisters.

I personally think Rob deserved his fate @ d red wedding. Catelyn Stark doesn't though.

What are your thoughts?
depends... Are we talking about the books or the show? I think the show messed up the characters to a large extent. Whatever the case, no one deserves to be slaughtered by his host after eating under his roof. Even Tywin would not have done that himself.

For me, Robb's death was even less deserved in the books than in the show. He was silly in the show. Silly romantic walks in the woods, dating and damning everyone. A deliberate well-thought-out slight. To add insult to injury, he took his wife to the wedding. To me, that's provocation. I still hate the Freys everywhere though, even if a bit less in the HBO remix.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
trent9002: Heyy
hey trent9002. what's good
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Not Me if I read where do whores go again I go lose my mind
lol. Thought it was just me. Asha Greyjoy's 'Nuncle' irritates me too.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
moski5:

if cleagane is alive hmmm it means d monk lied or distorted d truth

Lyanna and Brandon is quite outragous I'd prefer Lynanna n Rheager

Jon surviving or coming back is one of my theories

I don't remember d false dragon prophecy

As 4 d blood raven theory I really don't care tho that ability is 4 Starks only? Right?
I kinda remember Ned Stark giving the name of Jon's mother away in book one... Wylla or something like that, when he was out riding with Robert Baratheon. was he misleading the king or that's the actual mum?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Oahray: depends... Are we talking about the books or the show? I think the show messed up the characters to a large extent. Whatever the case, no one deserves to be slaughtered by his host after eating under his roof. Even Tywin would not have done that himself.

For me, Robb's death was even less deserved in the books than in the show. He was silly in the show. Silly romantic walks in the woods, dating and damning everyone. A deliberate well-thought-out slight. To add insult to injury, he took his wife to the wedding. To me, that's provocation. I still hate the Freys everywhere though, even if a bit less in the HBO remix.

I'm talking based on the books. The "yeye wife" thingy was an after-thought. I still don't feel any remorse for Rob's death. I'm only against the manner it was carried out and those who fell victim of the consequences of his action. The Stark are honourable people and Eddard Stark wouldn't have been pleased. I'v already outlined what I think from the Frey perspective so no need to repeat it.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
trent9002: Heyy

Welcome back bro, long time no see.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
moski5:

Tyrion is paying his debt n playing d game of thrones He's d guy we're all looking out 4
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 7:18am On Sep 04, 2014
oluamid:

I'm talking based on the books. The "yeye wife" thingy was an after-thought. I still don't feel any remorse for Rob's death. I'm only against the manner it was carried out and those who fell victim of the consequences of his action. The Stark are honourable people and Eddard Stark wouldn't have been pleased. I'v already outlined what I think from the Frey perspective so no need to repeat it.
I read your posts and they do not justify the Freys. Walder Frey is simply a low-life full of resentment.

Robb chose a path of honour too, just the not-so-important one. He slept with Jeyne when she nursed his wound, and he didn't want to sire a bastard. If Robb Stark deserved to die simply for not marrying the Frey girl, Catelyn deserved it even more.

She started the war by abducting Tyrion. She was the one who promised Walder Frey that her son would marry from his house. She was the one who divided Robb's army by releasing Jamie, placing her own interests above that of the whole north. She also killed a Frey at the wedding (a fool but a Frey all the same).

NB: The Lyanna/Brandon theory is a loooooooong shot.

4 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 7:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Sandor Clegane is alive and well at the monastery.
I actually believe this. I think George Martin used the monk as an unreliable narrator to deceive his listeners. He deceived us earlier with the death of Theon at Winterfell (Bran's POV) and that of Brienne by hanging (her own POV).

If the Hound died, when did he get to tell the monk all that the monk knew about him and told Brienne? I don't see Sandor turning story teller just because he's dying. I think the monk was speaking of the Hound's death in a figurative sense. The Hound's horse Stranger is a hot-head as Arya realised. Only the Hound could have brought him to the monastery.

I think the Three Eyed Crow teaching Bran is Brynden
Rivers - aka Bloodraven a bastard son of Aegon IV.
The dude can stop thinking now. This is rather obvious, thanks to the tale of Egg and Dunk.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2014
moski5:

m telling u m so concerned about that guy! And if he dies then to hell with game of thrones!(Jon)
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2014
Anybdy know who the mute giant that has sworn not to talk till he avenges cercei is?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2014
The disappearing woman kept warning Danny about the perfumed seneschal...pls can sombdy enlighten us about who he is and how he betrayed her?...I also believe she has undergone the 3 betrayals? Abi m wrong sombdy throw more light about her betrayals..
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2014
And what's varys plan by killing those people? Is he for cercei or against her?...I have so many questions buttill these ones are answered first!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
zube01: The disappearing woman kept warning Danny about the perfumed seneschal...pls can sombdy enlighten us about who he is and how he betrayed her?...I also believe she has undergone the 3 betrayals? Abi m wrong sombdy throw more light about her betrayals..

There are actually a lot of theories flying around about who the perfumed seneschal is. One of them is that it is Hizdar Lozoraq the Mereneese Prince she has taken to bed and who is suspected to have tried to poison her withe poisoned locust. Another theory is that it is Victarion Greyjoy whose ship carries the image of a seneschal. Then there is Varys who we all know walks around heavily perfumed. It is assumed that in the nearest future Varys and Denearys will meet and a betrayal will take place. Last is Magister Illirio Mopatis of Pentos who is currently trying all his best to help the Queen achieve her dreams.

I personal think it might be Tyrion Lannister but only time will tell.

zube01: Anybdy know who the mute giant that has sworn not to talk till he avenges cercei is?

I doubt if Cercei's sworn protector, Sir Robert Strong, is any other person than a mashup of Sir Gregor Clegane and some other zombie bodies.

zube01: And what's varys plan by killing those people? Is he for cercei or against her?...I have so many questions buttill these ones are answered first!

One thing I know for certain is that Varys has no intention to help Cersei in anyway except if that "help" will further weaken the Lannister rule. As at now, we can only assume Varys is doing all in his power to bring back the Targeryen Dynasty.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
oluamid:

One thing I know for certain is that Varys has no intention to help Cersei in anyway except if that "help" will further weaken the Lannister rule. As at now, we can only assume Varys is doing all in his power to bring back the Targeryen Dynasty.
...agreed but don't u think if varys is working to bring down cersei! Then he won't be among the people u suspect to be the perfumed seneschal?....and is tywin realy realy dead? And where do u thinkwhores go?

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
zube01: ...agreed but don't u think if varys is working to bring down cersei! Then he won't be among the people u suspect to be the perfumed seneschal?....and is tywin realy realy dead? And where do u thinkwhores go?

As much as Varys is seemingly working to bring back the Targeryens I don't completely trust him. I mean, what does he stand to gain if the Targeryens come back? Change one master for another? That is why I don't put it past him to be the Perfumed Seneschal. As for Tywin, dude is so dead that he's been gone for 2 books at least. Remember the 7 days vigil by Cersei's twin (I always forget his name) and the way his body was oozing plus the rigour motis "smile"? That's definitely dead in my book. As for where whores go, I think I'll leave Tyrion to figure that one out.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
oluamid:

Remember the 7 days vigil by Cersei's twin (I always forget his name)
Jaime?

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
zube01: Jaime?

yeah, thanks.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2014
zube01: m telling u m so concerned about that guy! And if he dies then to hell with game of thrones!(Jon)

yu're joking Jon is not key I'm d game of thrones he's not even playing I'm still watching him
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Tyrion is not d perfumed senechal
d warnings wer nine all together

sm1 said Blood Raven is Brandon how
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2014
I can totally see G.R.R Martin killing Tyrion just for pure shock value and to be honest I won't complain.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2014
So far Varys has been loyal to d realm asides from his intervention in Kevans case

its little fingers next move I await wit d Stark girl Wats dat ha name .. never mind
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2014
moski5:

yu're joking Jon is not key I'm d game of thrones he's not even playing I'm still watching him
I believe 'a game of thrones' is often exaggerated as the main theme of the whole series. It's still about ice and fire. Maybe the Others vs dragons. Maybe the Others vs the Red god. Whatever Martin chooses to make it. Melisandre thinks they are opposites, as in good vs evil. But fire and ice can be as deadly as each other, unless there is a balance.

There was no balance when dragons ran riot centuries before in the dance of the dragons as narrated in the Princess and the Queen, and Westeros suffered for it. There was no balance during the long night when the Others came previously, until the Azor Ahai and his flaming sword. I see this becoming much worse than either of those.

I don't think the Iron Throne or whoever sits on it would be very important at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2014
Oahray: I believe 'a game of thrones' is often exaggerated as the main theme of the whole series. It's still about ice and fire. Maybe the Others vs dragons. Maybe the Others vs the Red god. Whatever Martin chooses to make it. Melisandre thinks they are opposites, as in good vs evil. But fire and ice can be as deadly as each other, unless there is a balance.

There was no balance when dragons ran riot centuries before in the dance of the dragons as narrated in the Princess and the Queen, and Westeros suffered for it. There was no balance during the long night when the Others came previously, until the Azor Ahai and his flaming sword. I see this becoming much worse than either of those.

I don't think the Iron Throne or whoever sits on it would be very important at the end of the day.

Hmmmmm.... I like the train of your thoughts.......and your signature too. Somehow, methinks the Iron throne and the whole intrigue abt it is just a sideshow not the main dish. The mere fact that gods, religion and magic is a running theme in the books is a pointer.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by dypo(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
Varys...

Without a doubt, one curious character. But I like him. I think he's a good man at heart. While his methods are often devious. He's been very helpful to Tyrion, Jaime, Ned, Danaerys, even kept Robert alive for a while. I have no doubt he's one of the good guys and should bring about Littlefingers end.

While many don't trust him, he's about the only character who has shown unwavering loyalty to the realm. Can't wait for him to be back in TWOW.

By the way, what's the arc of the Sand Snakes developing towards. I'm also curious about Princess Arianne Martell. She's about the most beautiful and smartest woman in the realm, I'm watching her keenly. Dorne has a big role to play in this...

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2014
dypo: Varys...

Without a doubt, one curious character. But I like him. I think he's a good man at heart. While his methods are often devious. He's been very helpful to Tyrion, Jaime, Ned, Danaerys, even kept Robert alive for a while. I have no doubt he's one of the good guys and should bring about Littlefingers end.

While many don't trust him, he's about the only character who has shown unwavering loyalty to the realm. Can't wait for him to be back in TWOW.

By the way, what's the arc of the Sand Snakes developing towards. I'm also curious about Princess Arianne Martell. She's about the most beautiful and smartest woman in the realm, I'm watching her keenly. Dorne has a big role to play in this...

Hmmmmm, lemme ruminate over for a moment.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
judging from the excerpts I've read so far
Dorne remains as cautious as ever d sand snakes r just to send correct info n work wit d Religious army if possible

The second sons r in need of Tyrions wits
Victarion helped win d Battle The Bold is fighting

My real annoyance with G Martins is his style of writing he doubled back twice just to show us happenings from another point of view utterly unnecessary n thereby prolonging d book n The Character Pate whom he killed in I think a Twow then introduced him as Sam's "colleague
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
For little finger I don't understand him he loaded d gun Kat pulled that started d war, its obvious he hates Tyrion we dont kno Y n he's still in. d game
Like varys .said in d HBO series he will watch d city burn just to b king of d ashes

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by dypo(m): 5:34am On Sep 16, 2014
Another subject I find interesting are the warriors in ASOIAF. If you were to list the greatest warriors - dead and living - what would that list look like.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Naive ( Novel) / Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.