Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66493 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
oluamid:

Which Stephen King novel are you reading? There was a triology(?) (The Dark Tower series ) I was reading a while back maybe its the same one you are reading.

The attack really affected this thread (a whopping 13 pages). It seems most people who were part of the thread have lost their handles. In order to make this thread hit front page we have to endorse it here https://www.nairaland.com/1210134/endorse-topics-make-frontpage but unfortunately, the thread needs to be endorsed by someone other than the creator.

I think the mods are Cuddlemii and Mynd44 (not so sure though).
obinnau and mynd44
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Obinnau: obinnau and mynd44

Eh! So you are a mod? cheesy and we were busy looking for one. Lol.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
oluamid:

I don't think Khal Jhaqo would harm a hair on her body. Rather, I see a situation where Deanerys become Khaleesi again and go with Jhago's strength to sack Mereen. I also see her using Drogon to cause some wahala in the battle of Mereen. The most Jhaqo will so is to take her to the Dosh Kalen(?) those old Dothraki queens. Whichever way, I don't think Drogon will stand and watch any harm come to her, remember that Dragons and their riders share a kinda connection.

lol. I think Drogon wouldn't save her. He couldn't even lift a horse. What's more, Danny is too weak and hasn't even figured out how to control him yet. She would be taken to join the old crones who were once khaleesis. I think she needs time to think about her life and start using her head well (she has been making foolish decisions quite stubbornly). Then she can roast Jhaqo,take over his Khalasar and fly to Mereen. She needs to read about past Targeryen queens angry
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
oluamid:

Which Stephen King novel are you reading? There was a triology(?) (The Dark Tower series ) I was reading a while back maybe its the same one you are reading.

The attack really affected this thread (a whopping 13 pages). It seems most people who were part of the thread have lost their handles. In order to make this thread hit front page we have to endorse it here https://www.nairaland.com/1210134/endorse-topics-make-frontpage but unfortunately, the thread needs to be endorsed by someone other than the creator.

I think the mods are Cuddlemii and Mynd44 (not so sure though).
done that smiley

The Dark Tower series? Hmmm... It isn't even part of my Stephen King collection. I'd look for it smiley I'm reading 'The Shining'. There's barely any time to really read these days sad
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 11:28am On Jul 29, 2014
oluamid:

I've replied ur email but let me just add more. Its quite impossible for the tv series to capture the entire story of Westeros. The books are more explicit. Funny enough, even the books themselves i.e ASOIAF 1-5 did not cover the entire story and you need to read the other spin-offs (in addition to the books) to get the complete picture of things.

Thanks @Oahray, I've finished reading "The Princess and the Queen". Jeez! What a "dance" of dragons. Targeryens and their dragons were just falling right, left and centre like rain. One funny thing is that I can't keep up with the number of Aegons in this tale. I think we might see a new dragon or two (apart frm Deanerys' babies) in later books.

By the way, I'v converted the "Princess and the queen" book to pdf so lemme know if u need it.

This thread has gone a bit cold since the Nairaland attack dunno if the mods can help us give it a little prominence so other fans of the book can find it.
Please send to my mail.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Please send to my mail.

Done.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
oluamid:

Done.
Thanks, bro. Could you edit out my email? Thanks. smiley
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
oluamid:

Done.
Bro, I've checked it o. Still haven't seen it. Could you resend? The address is jlk172003@yahoo.com just in case you made a mistake with the first.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Bro, I've checked it o. Still haven't seen it. Could you resend? The address is jlk172003@yahoo.com just in case you made a mistake with the first.

You made a mistake with the previous email u sent. It ended with 2002 not 2003.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
oluamid:

You made a mistake with the previous email u sent. It ended with 2002 not 2003.

Oh I'm so sorry, my brother. I didn't notice that at all. So sorry. Thanks, I got it this time.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2014
Hey anyone got an interesting book i have got do read? pls i love reading series.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obinnau: Hey anyone got an interesting book i have got do read? pls i love reading series.
Recommending series is hard work cos books up to the standard of ASOIAF are scarce. These are the few I know that are as good, or probably better, than GRRM's epic series.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Eriksson- Some say this series is better but I disagree, mostly because it's more difficult. It's definitely more complex, much much longer( up to 10 books and the smallest is more than 1500 pages- no kidding), more rewarding( if you have patience) and more...Epic. The series is simply Epic! definitely worth it.

The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie- Awesome too. Like GRRM and Erikson, this guy kills his characters for fun, so you'll never be able to predict what'll happen next

The Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence - Very very good series. What I love about it is Lawrence stopped before the series got stale so if you finish it, you'll end on a high

The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman- Read if you liked Harry Potter and even if you didn't, still read. You might finish it feeling depressed though.

The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss- Decent series. The writing is beautiful even though the plot can be a bit predictable at times.

The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch - Fun ride from start to finish, especially if you're into Thief adventures

The Dagger and Coin Series by Daniel Abraham- nothing special about the series but cool nonetheless.

The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks - Very original and enjoyable series

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson- Highly recommended. It's not finished though ( only 2 books written )so you might want to wait a bit, before you start invoking his name like GRRM's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Obinnau: Hey anyone got an interesting book i have got do read? pls i love reading series.

Check out The Pliocene Epoch by Julian May and The Gun Slinger (Dark Tower Series) by Stephen King.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
moneyallowed:
Recommending series is hard work cos books up to the standard of ASOIAF are scarce. These are the few I know that are as good, or probably better, than GRRM's epic series.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Eriksson- Some say this series is better but I disagree, mostly because it's more difficult. It's definitely more complex, much much longer( up to 10 books and the smallest is more than 1500 pages- no kidding), more rewarding( if you have patience) and more...Epic. The series is simply Epic! definitely worth it.

The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie- Awesome too. Like GRRM and Erikson, this guy kills his characters for fun, so you'll never be able to predict what'll happen next

The Broken Empire Trilogy by Mark Lawrence - Very very good series. What I love about it is Lawrence stopped before the series got stale so if you finish it, you'll end on a high

The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman- Read if you liked Harry Potter and even if you didn't, still read. You might finish it feeling depressed though.

The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss- Decent series. The writing is beautiful even though the plot can be a bit predictable at times.

The Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch - Fun ride from start to finish, especially if you're into Thief adventures

The Dagger and Coin Series by Daniel Abraham- nothing special about the series but cool nonetheless.

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson- Highly recommended. It's not finished though ( only 2 books written )so you might want to wait a bit, before you start invoking his name like GRRM's

Nice list have read most of this except for Stormlight Archive and the Magicians (Quentin whines too much for my liking)
Have you tried the Prince of fools by Mark lawerence ? Same world as Jorg and his brothers
Try the Blood song by Anthony Ryan finest fantasy novel I read last year.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by drollster(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
oluamid:

Done.
Oluamid. Biko send it to me too. I don beg before.
dewaleadelaja @ gmail. com
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
drollster:
Oluamid. Biko send it to me too. I don beg before.
dewaleadelaja @ gmail. com

Done. I sent the previous one too.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
SIRcumalot:
Nice list have read most of this except for Stormlight Archive and the Magicians (Quentin whines too much for my liking)
Have you tried the Prince of fools by Mark lawerence ? Same world as Jorg and his brothers
Try the Blood song by Anthony Ryan finest fantasy novel I read last year.
Lol true that. Q has some growing up to do. Was waiting for The Prince of Fools to be completed
is it done yet?
High praise for Blood song! definitely reading it next. Thanks!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
moneyallowed:
Lol true that. Q has some growing up to do. Was waiting for The Prince of Fools to be completed
is it done yet?
High praise for Blood song! definitely reading it next. Thanks!
Just the first book you should wait though
I hate to power through this books and find out it hasn't ended kinda like ASOIAF and KKC .
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by drollster(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
oluamid:

Done. I sent the previous one too.
Thanks. got this one
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Obinnau(m): 5:14am On Aug 01, 2014
moneyallowed:

i love you,
but dont get crazy ideas o.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by zube01(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2014
How do u guys make out time to read all this books?

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
moneyallowed:

You're from heaven ba? I like you very much.

Anyone with pdf files of the above is free to contest for a new spot in my life that just opened up. You'll be 2014 friend of the year if you can send them all to mymail@yahoo.com. May the Great Other be with you. And the snow blanket you well as you sleep. Ramen.

Sircumalot. Please, do the needful, knighted ser.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Obinnau: i love you,
but dont get crazy ideas o.
Lol I won't. here's a link where the "big five of fantasy" give their own book recommendations http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/07/sdcc-george-rr-martin-and-friends-offer-book-recom.html

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
moneyallowed:

damn! Thanks bro, you too much. My mobile library thanks you too. *off to search for them*
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by AMINDA: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2014
moneyallowed:

Can you please send me these books if you have them in mobi or epub format? Email. Especially First law trilogy
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
AMINDA:
Can you please send me these books if you have them in mobi or epub format? Email is aminudauda@gmail.com.Especially First law trilogy
Aite.not sure if I still have the gentleman bastard & dagger and coin books but will send me the others
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
moneyallowed:
Aite.not sure if I still have the gentleman bastard & dagger and coin books but will send me the others
Bro, do you mind sending me the ones you've got? I already stated my email.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Bro, do you mind sending me the ones you've got? I already stated my email.
I sent the two KKC books in PDF after ASOIAF this is the next biggest thing in fantasy.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by SIRcumalot: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
@moneyallowed u think KKC is predictable ? their is basically only one thing Rothfuss as revealed to us concerning Kvothe
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ihedinobi2: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
SIRcumalot:
I sent the two KKC books in PDF after ASOIAF this is the next biggest thing in fantasy.
Thanks, bro knight. You the man.

@moneyallowed, I imagine the other emails are from you. Thanks, my brother. Much gratitude.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by AMINDA: 5:09am On Aug 03, 2014
@moneyallowed.Thanks a lot bro.Message received
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moneyallowed(m): 5:28am On Aug 03, 2014
AMINDA: @moneyallowed.Thanks a lot bro.Message received
You're welcome bro
@SIRcumalot yea i meant the plot progression within the books. What's taking Rothfuss so long anyway? 2 books in and he's still giving us background

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Naive ( Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.