Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. (66772 Views)

Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller) / ASOIAF Quotes / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:12pm On May 19, 2015
While travelling through the wilderness of Google looking for anything and everything that has/had to do with TWOW, I came across this blog which pretty much has everything you need to know abt the upcoming books including the released chapters and all.

https://bryndenbfish./2015/01/05/the-complete-winds-of-winter-resource/

Enjoy.

Valar Morghulis.

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2015
oluamid:
While travelling through the wilderness of Google looking for anything and everything that has/had to do with TWoW, I came across this blog which pretty much has eve[email][/email]rything you need to know abt the upcoming books including the released chapters and all.
https://bryndenbfish./2015/01/05/the-complete-winds-of-winter-resource/
Enjoy.
Valar Morghulis.

Valar dohaeris!

But man, that's some real spoiler sh!!t; I just skimmed across without reading. smiley I have deliberately avoided all TWOT materials, even canon released chapters. I want it fresh as mint when I finally lay hands on the book. I'll go back and read those other posts about theories and back stories and stuff. Smells like they'll be fun.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 19, 2015
much fun.....
The battle at mereen sounds quite dramatic.
But the chapter is unclear if the iron islanders are fighting for selmy's course or against.
However it may seem, the iron islanders interest reigns supreme, dany is a means to an end.
Tyrion and dany will be heading to westeros together, and tyrion may just serve an encyclopedia on dany's family history which just hints would be useful to dany in the long run, or perhaps not.
Stannis plans on installing shireen on the iron throne?
Sansa seems to have gain some politicking clout, perhaps only according to the books.
Storms end has fallen to jon con., as aegon is amiss in the series thus far.
And perhaps jon snow's parentage will be put to bare.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2015
I got some questions

about the tale Meera told Bran is there more details smwer? and y was Ned Stark always sad when he tells bout the 8 against the 3

Theres a guy in d night watch whose dreams always comes to pass I think sup wit him?
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 11:17pm On May 19, 2015
moski5:
I got some questions

about the tale Meera told Bran is there more details smwer? and y was Ned Stark always sad when he tells bout the 8 against the 3

Theres a guy in d night watch whose dreams always comes to pass I think sup wit him?

I think Howland Reed will be explained in the next book. I'll go back and read the books so I can answer ur posers.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2015
blublahd:
much fun.....
The battle at mereen sounds quite dramatic.
But the chapter is unclear if the iron islanders are fighting for selmy's course or against.
However it may seem, the iron islanders interest reigns supreme, dany is a means to an end.
Tyrion and dany will be heading to westeros together, and tyrion may just serve an encyclopedia on dany's family history which just hints would be useful to dany in the long run, or perhaps not.
Stannis plans on installing shireen on the iron throne?
Sansa seems to have gain some politicking clout, perhaps only according to the books.
Storms end has fallen to jon con., as aegon is amiss in the series thus far.
And perhaps jon snow's parentage will be put to bare.

Storm's End hasnt fallen.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2015
moski5:
I got some questions

The story is about her father, who was an adventurer at one time. On one of his adventures, he came accross the Tourney at Harrnehal. And about the knight of the laughing tree. The white swords came to welcome Jaime, there was Mace Tyrell(rose lord) and Robert Baratheon(storm lord). The lady of Harrenhal was qolab when the tourney started, knights fought for her favour including Oswell Whent. There was Elia, and Ashara Dayne, they were present, along with Rhaegar, Lyanna, Brandon, Ned, Benjen, lots of highborn. Howland was being bullied, and Lyanna came to defend him, she took him to their tent, where he met the other Starks present, with the wild Brandon, the quiet Ned. and the pup Benjen. Then there was a feast, and Howland dressed in Benjen's clothes since he was small. Other Stark bannermen were present, then Rhaegar sang a song, that had Lyanna in tears, there was a night's watch member. And Robert and Richard Lonmouth(the knight of skulls and kisses) had a drinking competition. The maid with laughing purple eyes was Ashara Dayne, she danced with Barristan, Jon Con(griffin lord), and Oberyn and later Ned on behalf of Brandon. Howland spies the squires, one serves a Frey(twin-towers), another a Haigh(pitchfork) and the last a Blount(porcupine). Then there was the jousting, and a mystery knight- the knight of the laughing tree, who took out those other three but disappeared. Rhaegar was sent after him, but found nothing, or so it seems, and when Rhaegar won, he crowned Lyanna qolab.. I just read this chapter for you right now. Who is the guy with the dreams you speak of ? Noone like that.

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 20, 2015
Gbola5:

Storm's End hasnt fallen.
really? Thought i read something of such.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2015
blublahd:

really? Thought i read something of such.

No, they were just planning an attack on it. Only Griffin's Roost, Crow's Nest, Rain House, Estermont, and some islands of Cape Wrath that have.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 12:29pm On May 20, 2015
moski5:
I got some questions

I think the answer to that is that it sets off the relationship between Lyanna and Rhaegar. There's a theory she was thd kotlt. Also it was 7v3, and Ned was sad because after the battle, he found his sister dying, then she made him promise her something.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 6:36pm On May 20, 2015
Mehn I missed this thread, and I'm mad at GRRM angry
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2015
Oahray:
Mehn I missed this thread, and I'm mad at GRRM angry
Pray why..?!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 11:37am On May 21, 2015
Gbola5:
Pray why..?!
how can I be waiting for one person for years now, and he keeps releasing just teasers? I'm starting to forget some details (cos I'm reading other books now) and might have to read all over again for TWOW to blend seamlessly undecided
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2015
Oahray:
how can I be waiting for one person for years now, and he keeps releasing just teasers? I'm starting to forget some details (cos I'm reading other books now) and might have to read all over again for TWOW to blend seamlessly undecided

For how long have you ?!
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 1:06pm On May 21, 2015
Gbola5:

For how long have you ?!
since 2013
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2015
Oahray:
since 2013

And you're complaining because ?! 2 years in the fandom. You know some people read the books at around 1996 when the first came out. That's 19 years. I started 2009 when when i was in ss1, my dad got them for me, my cousin recommended them, it wasnt for my age but, i still read it. It's become part of my life ever since. You've been in 2yrs, you shouldn't be complaining, just give him time, probs next year, let him take his time, that's why the books are perfect, just plan rereads and read the novellas, you've probably missed a few things, the books are pretty complex, learn some theories, and just get ready for book 6.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Oahray: 3:53pm On May 21, 2015
Gbola5:

And you're complaining because ?! 2 years in the fandom. You know some people read the books at around 1996 when the first came out. That's 19 years. I started 2009 when when i was in ss1, my dad got them for me, my cousin recommended them, it wasnt for my age but, i still read it. It's become part of my life ever since. You've been in 2yrs, you shouldn't be complaining, just give him time, probs next year, let him take his time, that's why the books are perfect, just plan rereads and read the novellas, you've probably missed a few things, the books are pretty complex, learn some theories, and just get ready for book 6.
nah... I finished a Dance with Dragons for the second time in 2013, and I've been waiting since then. Can't keep rereading it. It's not the only book series in the world.

Theories are just theories, for idle moments.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2015
Gbola5:

The story is about her father, who was an adventurer at one time. On one of his adventures, he came accross the Tourney at Harrnehal. And about the knight of the laughing tree. The white swords came to welcome Jaime, there was Mace Tyrell(rose lord) and Robert Baratheon(storm lord). The lady of Harrenhal was qolab when the tourney started, knights fought for her favour including Oswell Whent. There was Elia, and Ashara Dayne, they were present, along with Rhaegar, Lyanna, Brandon, Ned, Benjen, lots of highborn. Howland was being bullied, and Lyanna came to defend him, she took him to their tent, where he met the other Starks present, with the wild Brandon, the quiet Ned. and the pup Benjen. Then there was a feast, and Howland dressed in Benjen's clothes since he was small. Other Stark bannermen were present, then Rhaegar sang a song, that had Lyanna in tears, there was a night's watch member. And Robert and Richard Lonmouth(the knight of skulls and kisses) had a drinking competition. The maid with laughing purple eyes was Ashara Dayne, she danced with Barristan, Jon Con(griffin lord), and Oberyn and later Ned on behalf of Brandon. Howland spies the squires, one serves a Frey(twin-towers), another a Haigh(pitchfork) and the last a Blount(porcupine). Then there was the jousting, and a mystery knight- the knight of the laughing tree, who took put those other three but disappeared. Rhaegar was sent after him, but found nothing, or so it seems, and when Rhaegar won, he crowned Lyanna qolab.. I just read this chapter for you right now. Who is the guy with the dreams you speak of ? Noone like that.
'
which chapter did yu read do be specific n page
Owen of the nights watch this was after Jon returned from Beyond the wall
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2015
moski5:

'
which chapter did yu read do be specific n page
Owen of the nights watch this was after Jon returned from Beyond the wall

From Bran in ASOS... Oh you mean Owen the Oaf. There's a reason he's called the oaf. That was a jape, the dream didnt come true because Robert was dead. It was Stannis, but i dont think his dreams come true.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by moski5(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2015
Gbola5:

From Bran in ASOS... Oh you mean Owen the Oaf. There's a reason he's called the oaf. That was a jape, the dream didnt come true because Robert was dead. It was Stannis, but i dont think his dreams come true.

he said Robert because of the banners he saw

asos.??
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 8:41pm On May 21, 2015
moski5:

he said Robert because of the banners he saw

asos.??
Yes ASOS. He saw Robert, but Robert at that time was dead. Even though Stannis came later, and they are related, that doesnt mean that his dreams come true.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
What's your favorite storyline ? Which are you looking forward to in TWOW the most. Mine's the "Dance of Wolves".
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2015
Gbola5:
What's your favorite storyline ? Which are you looking forward to in TWOW the most. Mine's the Dance of Wolves".

I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING, honestly cheesy

But I think "the dragon must have three heads" line appeals to me specially. I'm with the school that preaches it means there'll be three dragon riders. Thing is, I also suspect that Aegon/Griff is the "mummer's dragon" - i dunno, he just looks too good to be true IMO (plus Varys' explanation of his survival don't look so convincing under severe scrutiny). So assuming R+L=J, who's the third rider? Tyrion? Stannis? Victarion? And here's something else few noticed: during the Dance of Dragons when "dragon seeds" were chosen, it is very likely that not all of them had Targaryen blood. Nettles/Sheepstealer comes to mind in particular. Hence my last question, how are we sure that the 3rd head of the dragon even needs to be of Targaryen decent? And who says it has to be male?? Mmmm... I can't wait to find out.

One last thing... I honestly don't think there'll be any dance of wolves; the Starks (Jon Snow included) are too close-knit to fight each over rulership. The only possible exception to this could be Rickon; the kid barely knew his parents and was openly belligerent (along with his wolf), perhaps cos Ned wasnt around to instill the Stark values of into him.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2015
kay9:

I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING, honestly cheesy

But I think "the dragon must have three heads" line appeals to me specially. I'm with the school that preaches it means there'll be three dragon riders. Thing is, I also suspect that Aegon/Griff is the "mummer's dragon" - i dunno, he just looks too good to be true IMO (plus Varys' explanation of his survival don't look so convincing under severe scrutiny). So assuming R+L=J, who's the third rider? Tyrion? Stannis? Victarion? And here's something else few noticed: during the Dance of Dragons when "dragon seeds" were chosen, it is very likely that not all of them had Targaryen blood. Nettles/Sheepstealer comes to mind in particular. Hence my last question, how are we sure that the 3rd head of the dragon even needs to be of Targaryen decent? And who says it has to be male?? Mmmm... I can't wait to find out.

One last thing... I honestly don't think there'll be any dance of wolves; the Starks (Jon Snow included) are too close-knit to fight each over rulership. The only possible exception to this could be Rickon; the kid barely knew his parents and was openly belligerent (along with his wolf), perhaps cos Ned wasnt around to instill the Stark values of into him.

I dont mean it as a fight like that. I just used "dance" because each Stark feels like the only one left, and there are people trying to bring them forward, more like a dance with wolves.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2015
Gbola5:

I dont mean it as a fight like that. I just used "dance" because each Stark feels like the only one left, and there are people trying to bring them forward, more like a dance with wolves.

I have a feeling that Sansa won't survive to the end... Her direwolf is dead.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Gbola5(m): 10:51pm On May 24, 2015
kay9:

So what. She's the one i see most surviving. I think they're all going to survive.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by oluamid(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2015
kay9:

Isn't it odd that while every other member of the Stark family seem to be in trouble, only Sansa is flourishing? I think Sansa might develop some killer instinct that will end with avenging Ned's death.

Who's the more beautiful Queen that will unseat Cersei?

Three possibilities.

1. Sansa

2. Margeary

3. Deanerys

My bet? Sansa.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by kay9(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
The GoT TV show thread has been closed... I don't understand angry

In the mean time..... ALL HAIL JON SNOW!!!!!!! That dude is cooler than cucumber-cool! cool

1 Like

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
kay9:
The GoT TV show thread has been closed... I don't understand angry

In the mean time..... ALL HAIL JON SNOW!!!!!!! That dude is cooler than cucumber-cool! cool

2 Likes

Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by ApexTitan(m): 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
^
There I was expecting to see the wildlings marching quietly in twos through the wall with Jon supervising from a corner as described in the books only for my eyes to confront what turned out to be The Escape From Wildlings Country. Interesting stuff I say.

Episode 08 is certainly the most action episode of the current season yet. At one point I thought I was watching WWZ 2, in a good way though. Jon's fight with the white walker commander was something, heck the entire battle scene with the walkers pressing at gates was well done.

I hope the crows and the wildlings have enough dragon glass, they certainly will be needing it in the near future.

Ayra's training in the House of B&W is coming along nicely. Seems like she is shaping up to be a Robin Hood type assassin for now.

Theon finally finds his tongue and tells Sansa that her younger brothers are still alive. It was refreshing, at least for me, that she has found some modicum of hope... Now how to plan her emacipation from Ramsay...

Can't help but think that Ramsay's request for 20 good man to take on Stannis at his camp will be his undoing. Let's see how that all goes.

This was quite an enjoyable episode, looking forward to the remaining 2.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Csami(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
This last episode had me sitting on the edge of my seat. It was so awesome that I had piss on myself.
Re: Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. by Bawss1(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
^
There I was expecting to see the wildlings marching quietly in twos through the wall with Jon supervising from a corner as described in the books only for my eyes to confront what turned out to be The Escape From Wildlings Country. Interesting stuff I say.

Episode 08 is certainly the most action episode of the current season yet. At one point I thought I was watching WWZ 2, in a good way though. Jon's fight with the white walker commander was something, heck the entire battle scene with the walkers pressing at the gates was well done.

I hope the crows and the wildlings have enough dragon glass, they certainly will be needing it in the near future.

Ayra's training in the House of B&W is coming along nicely. Seems like she is shaping up to be a Robin Hood type assassin for now.

Theon finally finds his tongue and tells Sansa that her younger brothers are still alive. It was refreshing, at least for me, that she has found some modicum of hope... Now how to plan her emacipation from Ramsay...

Can't help but think that Ramsay's request for 20 good man to take on Stannis at his camp will be his undoing. Let's see how that all goes.

This was quite an enjoyable episode, looking forward to the remaining 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (31) (Reply)

Sexcapade With The Neighbors Daughters / ........rebbecca......... / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.