Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54281 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Goldmind1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
This is the same OBJ who sold out Benue Cement Company (BCC) to Aliko Dangote and banned other cement importers from importing cement. He also sold out Nigeria Airways to Jimoh Ibrahim, who could not account for it. OBJ cultivated corruption for GEJ to inherit. OBJ has no right to talk in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by udoka2013: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
see kettle calling pot black....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
st mathew: Baba Obasanjo I respect your talk as an elder state man,but as a sitting president when he came on board, can't he learn on how to do the needfull,pls try go through the interview of Madiba on Nigeria in 2007, you will weep for Nigeria, GEJ is not a leader, he is a novies in politics, he should go back to Bayelsa and enjoy his loots, he Relied on Anenih who can not even win his ward who can not account for billions he collect on Benin Ore road
, Tukur who his son colect billions of our money on subsidy, Akpabio who his people can not buy a complete fish of 50naira at once,Imoke who stole billions as a power and still minister, which ever way, our Government has find itself in the hands of thief's.

Nigeria "suddenly" found herself in the hand of thieves after 50years of decay caused by the west and North? Hmm, tell me what I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Thank you. At least I have one who understands the true monster called "ethnicity".

Ethnicity has always being the bane of the Nigerian society. imagine what Nigeria would be if nepotism and tribalism was to be at the nearest minimum
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by abacrested(f): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dis is all about 2015,the political class doing every thing to make Nigeria ungovernable.I don't like the president but still believes that he's the best president nigeria had ever had.OBJ had the opportunity to write al the wrongs he did but failed woefully.this present administration is strugling because of the bad foundation laid by OBJ.a man dat seeked for 3rd term after he spending 8 yrs wen he agreed to spend only 4yrs is now Caling for the head of a man jst because he's from Ijaw.OBj killed PDP and nigeria. And should go to hisfarm and die.enough of dis rubish

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Iykeponti(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Simple mathematics, the north nd d west want Gej out @all cost... so to replace Gej with another imbecyle 4rom d north... Gej,Alison and Okonjo blocked those criminals an access to our oil money....dey no longer mess with our oil money lyke dey use 2do in those days ;P dey normally pack our money to S.arabia & europe like always, dat access is also blocked.... Dats y dey wan him out by all means .... Its all abt deir personal interest nt corruption (**)

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
eko ileee:

OBJ is not the president, Jonathan is the president and this is more about Jonathan fighting corruption and if you think he is, share your story with us and prove Obasanjo wrong..
President Jonathan WILL NOT ARREST Obasanjo , or any other person you assume is corrupt. President Jonathan is busy trying to create an enabling environment that attracts foreign investment, in order to enhance economic activities that creates jobs, and create wealth.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

I strongly disagree with you.

Ethnicity is the bigger problem with Nigeria.Corruption is an offshoot of ethnicity and tribal bigotry in our country. The two though are almost inseparably. example, at the last gubernatorial in ondo do you know that ogbeni aregberascal went to attack and antagonise Mimiko for refusing to join the then acn because they wanted to promote regional propaganda in the SW.

Corruption cannot be an offshoot of ethnicity.

Corruption preceeds ethnicity. People only use ethnicity to cover up their corruption.

If your explanation is to be taken, then corruption should not transcends all our facets o life then. It should only be restricted to Abuja where there are inter-ethnic working relationship. Our states and LGAs should be immuned from it by your explanation.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Show me a major political bloc in the West or the North that have the cover for GEJ...

I don't need to, wait until 2015.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by IleIfe2(m): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

Ethnicity has always being the bane of the Nigerian society. imagine what Nigeria would be if nepotism and tribalism was to be at the nearest minimum

This nonesense started in Jonathan's regime. When an ibo is caught stealing, it becomes a tribal conspiracy against them.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Hear yourself Mr. Methuselah, hoodlums prevented a whole country called nigeria with all the forces, both physical and spiritual, from arresting Ibori. The guy must be Amadioha, sango and Ogun at the same time- 3-in-1.

Only 5 regular police officers arrested him Dubai. Na wa o.

Doesn't that show you mr methuselah that the sitting president either lacks power to fight corruption or he lacks the will to use the power to fight corruption.

The icing on the cake for childishness.
You know nothing about Ibori and his case with EFCC and you are not willing to learn.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

I don't need to, wait until 2015.

It can only get worse as we head into 2015.

....if people already are rebelling towards a President with almost 2 years to election and with so much power at his disposal now..they will be more openly antagonistic when he becomes a lame duck President that is fighting for his political survival.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by jeddyMay(f): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Corruption is now a normal way in GEJ administration and its becoming alarming.
i have serious fear for 2015; by God' grace and all things been equal, will not be in this country come 2015.

@OBJ, he is actually not a saint either......... we all know how the story of Tafa Balogun, Alameseigha, FFK etc......... yes, EFCC was effective back then but truly, it was used as WatchDog against his opponents.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Aigbofa:

Does he come across as somebody you or GEJ can threaten?
GEJ is like a hunter's dog about to get lost, it will not listen to it's master's whistle.

Which whistle? Isn't it obvious that obj is playing to the gallery and trying to talk down Jonathan prolly because he refuses to dance to his tunes?
Obasanjo is no better than Jonathan. Let him STFU!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

Sincerely, we are not a "country".
I'm not sure tribalism can be overcome, but SNC can define for us a path that even with ethnicity, nepotism or tribalism we may still be able to handle corruption and move on.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:
Delusional, no pun intended.
You sound like that's what you want not that it will be possible for Nigeria to have a coup.

When it happens again, like your fathers, you'll wake up the next morning and go about your daily struggle. After-all, it no concern you.

HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF. You can take my words to the bank.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

Which whistle? Isn't it obvious that obj is playing to the gallery and trying to talk down Jonathan prolly because he refuses to dance to his tunes?

Obviously you don't know anything about OBJ...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by wwwkaycom(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
here: While Mbeki even organised a declaration stating a virus cannot cause a syndrome and refused the people access to the drugs and about 330,000 lost their lives from the ailment,Madiba said "he believes in the dominant opinion that prevails throughout the world,that HIV is the cause of AIDS, adding that he would only be persuaded otherwise if new scientific research showed "conclusively that that view is wrong.""...He neither wrote a letter to the government/ANC nor did he publicly attack the person of Mbeki
now comparing Mbeki to Jonathan abi? You must be a fool!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

The icing on the cake for childishness.
You know nothing about Ibori and his case with EFCC and you are not willing to learn.

I don't learn from Methuselahs that only have age but lack wisdom knowledge and understanding to grace the age. I will rather remain the kid I am, than grow up to be like you at your old age.

When Ribadu was the head of EFCC, tell is the person in this country that was indicted, EFCC could not arrest.

Mr Clueless president is corrupt, nothing more nothing less. He lacks the will to fight corruption.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by hotwax: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
I am not anti-obj, anti-GEJ.

But GEJ is a disgrace to this country.

I dont vote before, but I will ensure I vote come 2015.

We must end this embarrassment.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

It can only get worse as we head into 2015.

....if people already are rebelling towards a President with almost 2 years to election and with so much power at his disposal now..they will be more openly antagonistic when he becomes a lame duck President that is fighting for his political survival.

That in itself is an undoing for the opposition.
GEJ's results will be there to speak for him before then. Power, Transportation, Aviation, The Economy and many other sectors are rapidly changing.
Don't tell me you don't know!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Omadachi(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
I have never believe in Jonathan's administration for once.His becoming president of Nigeria is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria as a nation.Not even a single person has been convicted for corruption by his administration in a country that is almost consume with corruption.His policy are always hash to the poor on issues that affect them.Is it the fuel subsidy removal,the country almost sink before he could shift ground on his position.Presently,lecturers are being threaten with sack if they fail to resume work.Hmmmm...So Mr president can be this strict but how come this same strictness is not apply to corruption,ineffective ministers etc?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
jeddyMay: Corruption is now a normal way in GEJ administration and its becoming alarming.
i have serious fear for 2015; by God' grace and all things been equal, will not be in this country come 2015.

@OBJ, he is actually not a saint either......... we all know how the story of Tafa Balogun, Alameseigha, FFK etc......... yes, EFCC was effective back then but truly, it was used as WatchDog against his opponents.

At least it was used against political opponents that were indicted and not the innocent ones.

Let GEJ used same on political opponents that are corrupt too. It will show us that he has an idea on how to fight corruption. He that cannot take on political opponents is now the one that will take on friends and allies stealing under his balls.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough:

When it happens again, like your fathers, you'll wake up the next morning and go about your daily struggle. After-all, it no concern you.

HISTORY WILL REPEAT ITSELF. You can take my words to the bank.

I have taken your word to the freezer, I'll bring it back for you to eat it in due time.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
shizzle11:

His tunes like dealing with monumental corruption? And making himself a tribal chief instead of Nigerian President?
His agreement with PDP is their problem. But let him lead first, and right now he is not doing that.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
It is necessary that Biafra and Niger Delta be allowed to secede peacefully.

I will write United Nations.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

I don't learn from Methuselahs that only have age but lack wisdom knowledge and understanding to grace the age. I will rather remain the kid I am, than grow up to be like you at your old age.

When Ribadu was the head of EFCC, tell is the person in this country that was indicted, EFCC could not arrest.

Mr Clueless president is corrupt, nothing more nothing less. He lacks the will to fight corruption.

Remain a toddler then. Your call.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

This nonesense started in Jonathan's regime When an ibo is caught stealing, it becomes a tribal conspiracy against them.

LIE! It has always being there, as old as Nigeria.

I will give you an example. Virtually all the comptroller general of customs since Atiku have been northerners. is it cos we have no qualified people from other regions. NO.

The sit tight syndrome is such that when a CG leaves, he is replaced by a fellow northerner. Check the records and tell me your finding
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by IleIfe2(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
[size=18pt]
"I have passed the stage of being flattered, intimidated, threatened, frightened, induced or bought… Death is the end of all human beings and may it come when God wills it”- Olusegun Obasanjo
[/size]

I rest my case
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by geedeex2(m): 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.
OBJ did not promise to run only two terms but GEJ did promise not to run for second term which was part of the verbal agreement before he was given the support.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Billygee2u: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigerians,I am very sorry to say,shut up. Why did I say so?
Haven't you Nigerians been watching in the TV and reading news how other countries citizens are taken the bulls by the horns?
Permit me to say that You all are Bark Bark Dogs ( BBD)that never bite.
Unless you youths rise Up against corruption,corruption will continue to be the order and fashion of the country.
Rise up against the Government,if they are frustrating you.
You can not achieve anything meaningful by logging on the internet and say bla bla bla.
In your community,in your local govt.,in your state you have and know a lot of the treasury looters,but chose to keep quite and sometimes Murmur Without Action (MWA).
You all, only chose to be criticizing the president because ,he is from a minority part of Nigeria.
This OBJ , the celebrated corrupt IBB, ATIKU and other past corrupt leaders,both in the North,South West,South East,South South,what action have you taken against them to show that you hate corruption?
Nigerians,who will deliver you if you can not rise up against all the known corrupt politicians,both past and present ones? In short,you all are selfish and self-centered and never love Nigeria,
Mandela is being celebrated and admired by the world generally,because of his selfless life he lived to liberate his people from the slave masters(Apartheid regime )
One big problem international and national observers have discovered in Nigeria is Ethnicity and Tribalism ,Nigerians like fighting defensive fight and do not like taking action. Truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Lifemax: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Frank-C:
Thrash!! In the first instance, I believe that there was never any letter between the 2 leaders. This to me is a fabrication of Premium Times and their El-Rufai pay master. This is part of the series of the media attack to discredit the President and make him look unpopular before middle of 2014. Funny enough, when the real politicking starts, all these noise will turn to sympathy for the President and PDP.

2014 is just next year. The President will soon declare to run for re-election on the platform of PDP and then, there will be massive realignment in the body polity. All these lies have never worked. Ask Ngige and Akeredolu. APC does too much propaganda and little or no real politicking.

To PDP, 2 things are needed between now and end of January. 1. Media chat by the President to re-energise his power base. 2. A press briefing by NOI to straithen things out on the strenght of the economy.
u should ashamed of ur self....
Look at what ur saying..GEJ is condoling coruption and u no it
U SYCOPHANT...i pity u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

I Can Bring Buhari’s Government Down — Fayose / We Must Destroy This Country, Terrorist Who Fled Kuje Prison Boasts / IPOB Members Burn Passenger In Imo For Flouting Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.