Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54296 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
hotwax: Let Yoruba and Hausa cooperate as usual to vote Jonathan out.

Lets see how igbo-Ijaw population can change the polity.

This is a war of population. Lets see who wins.

As terrible as this may sound, you are actually representing the right picture of the current media war.
It's never about delivering, it's about two regions not comfortable with where the president comes from.

I recall in 2010, a meeting was held by Northern elites and Buhari, Atiku, with some other notable Northern elites said they have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable to GEJ or any other Southerner that finds himself in the office.

If it was Amaechi that was there, it would have been the same. If it was Oshiomole or Rochas, it would have been the same.
Gerrit?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
hotwax: Warning to S-east and S-south. If you tribalize GEJ election, he is gonna loose on a land slide.

Let North and South-West group up, it will be a disaster for GEJ.

I think the next election should be between Hausa-Yoruba vs Igbo-Ijaw.

You are creating hatred in the minds of Yorubas, and if the news circulate, GEJ is finished.

A sane hausa will never vote for Jonathan when he sees Mohamed.

You better stop this tribalism.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Did you typed that with a straight face?

The alleged achievements that are not even worth the paper they are typed on.

GEJ achievements are in the realm of fantasies of folks like you.

Your deep bitterness will never allow you see.
Never mind, it's not for you to see, it's for Nigerians to see.
As long as you don't want to, you can keep your self denial, hypocrisy and bitterness to yourself.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funshint(m): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

This post is a summation of your low level of reasoning. Again, Farouq is free because opposition and the North plaid the victim card on him.
Oduah's case is a farce created by APC and Lagos propaganda machinery. If they are so certain there's money stolen why is APC not in court since they claim GEJ refused to prosecute her?
And lastly, shhhhh. None of you APC fellows want GEJ to succeed, it has been that way since he got into office.
We don't want him to succeed but we voted massively for him in 2011... Can't U̶̲̥̅̊ see how stupid you are!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
igbeke: after all these, wat is d way forward?
....REVOLUTION
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are just hopping around brandishing your ignorance.
If they were competent, how did Nigeria get to the rot GEJ is trying to fix?
Do you know that a lower ranking officer will be given double promotion if need be just so a Northerner gets the seat.
Like I said, you know nothing, stop making mockery of your self.

Mr methuselah is back again. I don't know that in your village square, you only base your judgement on hearsay, without any prove. Give us a prove of your statement. That is why shizzle is better you. Senility is setting in at your old age.

A lot of things come along with promotions, even in corporate environment. Productivity, relevance to the system, visibility and of course favouritism and luck or prayer.

If favouritism works for northerners, others that favouritism can't work for, should explore the other methods.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
jamael: silently, I have read the write ups. but I fail to see sense in the message.
1. OBJ is to dumb to write that stuff.
2. If it was written on the 2nd of December, why is it being made public on the 11th.
3. Why is Premium Times the only paper to see the story.
4. Was the letter addressed to GEJ or the press?
5. If it was to GEJ, how did the press lay hands on it.
6. You all should analyse these questions before commenting Cuz this might be a political Jamboree

I like OBJ and openly defend him anyday, though I'm from South South.
But there is a deliberate gangup by the North, West and some lost souls like Amaechi in the South.

Your questions are salient.
Remeber Sanusi wrote GEJ it landed in Sahara Reporters.
Tambuwal went for a lecture and spewed trash about corruption and FG.
Now OBJ, all these in 1 week. And if you noticed Sanusi's letter and OBJ's were all written weeks back.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Hearme(m): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: Corrupt cases like Oduahgate, Faroukgate, Inflated subsidy fund, non refute of funds into federation account, increased in oil theft..............fear God angry

To include maritime security contract to a militant who has Secondary school has is highest qualification but now own a private jet, Kerosene subsidy a gallon goes for 750 naira and government claims to be selling at 250naira.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint:
We don't want him to succeed but we voted massively for him in 2011... Can't U̶̲̥̅̊ see how stupid you are!!!

Hahaha, you are quite not smart.

GEJ blocked most loop holes from where this guys ran this country aground. And these guys most importantly are afraid of 2017, go figure out what that date signifies.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:

Mr methuselah is back again. I don't know that in your village square, you only base your judgement on hearsay, without any prove. Give us a prove of your statement. That is why shizzle is better you. Senility is setting in at your old age.

A lot of things come along with promotions, even in corporate environment. Productivity, relevance to the system, visibility and of course favouritism and luck or prayer.

If favouritism works for northerners, others that favouritism can't work for, should explore the other methods.

It seems you are now ready to learn but you have to convince me you are ready.
I have worked and lived in the North, I have worked in government parastatal.
I have friends who have done same.
I know what you don't. I'm done with you, I can't keep schooling you on these ABC facts. Go ask an elder one of yours. Run along.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Dmail(m): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
nairaman66:

I completely agree to this.. He'll be IMPEACHED come January!!
COUP Is not about IMPEACHMENT, Its taking over the government forcefully,could be bloodless or d opposite.Buh I foresee a bloody coup,where Jonathan head hangs on a spike along with his fellow looters!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Sheenor: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
perez019: Whether OBJ is a saint or not... Place d. Cards. On. D table, OBJ is still d best democratically elected president Nigeria has ever had.. YES he made some mistakes, YES he. Stepped on toes. But at d end he achieved a lot. GEJ has. Openly encouraged corruption and criminality at its peak, celebrating thieves and. Criminals (we know them without. Mentioning names).. Where r promises he made by setting up the Subsidy re-investment. Programme? The. Mass. Transit buses he promised. To roll out to d masses? The. Jobs he promised. To create?... Nigeria is now an indebted country. Why. Did he(GEJ) have to wait dis long. To implement a 2009 agreement the he was part of? Millitants now earn salaries more than an educated Nigerian graduate. What has he done to stella Oduah's case? And now another. Case of corruption in NNPC.. GEJ has not only failed Nigerians, he has also failed God.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

This is sad!

That 50 years after independence, we are still apotheosizing the faucet origo of a presidential

aspirant is reflective of the fact that Nigeria still wallows in a state of medistinal statism,

cantekerous tribalism, egocentric chauvinism, syphilitic parochialism, epileptic nepotism,

catalyptic Kparakpoism and state brigandish of the bluest die.

\

gringringrin
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by chris51(f): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ is spot on. I agree with him 100%. GEJ has placed PDP above the nation & this is spelling doom.
The people sorrounding him are psychophants & praise singers.
I pray he retraced his steps before its too late
Of recent is his experience at Mandela's memorial service in South Africa. Cuban leader Castro was given a spot to pay tribute in memory of Nelson Mandela & our own Goodluck Jonathan, head of the most populous black nation was ignored.
This singular act confirms how we are perceived globally.
Let's not be sentimental, let us all pray for GEJ & our dear country
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funshint(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

GEJ blocked most loop holes from where this guys ran this country aground. And these guys most importantly are afraid of 2017, go figure out what that date signifies.
For U̶̲̥̅̊ to even say that "Oduahgate" is a farce only shows how desperate and dumb people like U̶̲̥̅̊ can be. Initially SW was indifferent about who becomes the president as long as the person is credible. But with what is going on in this present administration, it calls for urgent attention of everybody. Don't use the threat of secession to lampoon us. We really don't need 'ur dirty bloody oil money to survive. Inspite of your oil of what benefit has it been to 'ur people?! The North may be afraid of secession but we in the SW given the chance to re-arrange our economy will be better off than other regions. Lagos state survived for almost 32months without federal allocation so phuck off infact; GO AND DIE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
InvertedHammer: /

This is sad!

That 50 years after independence, we are still apotheosizing the faucet origo of a presidential

aspirant is reflective of the fact that Nigeria still wallows in a state of medistinal statism,

cantekerous tribalism, egocentric chauvinism, syphilitic parochialism, epileptic nepotism,

catalyptic Kparakpoism and state brigandish of the bluest die.

\
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
funshint:
For U̶̲̥̅̊ to even say that "Oduahgate" is a farce only shows how desperate and dumb people like U̶̲̥̅̊ can be. Initially SW was indifferent about who becomes the president as long as the person is credible. But with what is going on in this present administration, it calls for urgent attention of everybody. Don't use the threat of secession to lampoon us. We really don't need 'ur dirty bloody oil money to survive. Inspite of your oil of what benefit has it been to 'ur people?! The North may be afraid of secession but we in the SW given the chance to re-arrange our economy will be better off than other regions. Lagos state survived for almost 32months without federal allocation so phuck off infact; GO AND DIE!!!

Rants of a toddler!

1. Lagos was built by FG with OIL REVENUE! Let that stick to your hard skull.
2. Prove to me without benefit of doubt that Oduah stole with figures and facts.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by TechWalker007: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dmail: COUP Is not about IMPEACHMENT, Its taking over the government forcefully,could be bloodless or d opposite.Buh I foresee a bloody coup,where Jonathan head hangs on a spike along with his fellow looters!

Let me get something.
APC stooges in Nairaland claim GEJ has lost all support from Nigerians hence he cannot win any credible election yet you also cannot wait patiently till 2015 because you actually don't believe that. Hence your call for coup?
Very funny bunch of folks living in delusion, self denial and bitterness. grin
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Rants of a toddler!

2. Prove to me without benefit of doubt that Oduah stole with figures and facts.

It's those of you that I've never stepped into Lagos that make that rants...

Is Lagos all about VI...Ikoyi and Apapa? Those area mentioned constitute less than 5% of Lagos state.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Malawian(m): 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
i just dey observe.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by badesco(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
So OBJ has now turn a saint wel wonders shall never end. barawo calling barawo
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by talk2s(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Abeg who dey deh. Wish obasanjo be dis?
Na de one were bin try to carve our composition, sori, constitution so e-go allow am run for 3rd term?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

GEJ blocked most loop holes from where this these guys ran this country aground. And these guys most importantly are afraid of 2017, go figure out what that date signifies.

That is a sad trend that I noticed in most Ibo posters on NL...hardly can they differentiate the usage of THIS and THESE.

Just helping you though...
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by funshint(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Rants of a toddler!

The first sky scraper in Africa was built with cocoa money. The same thing with the first TV station in Africa(NTA), Liberty Stadium, University of Ibadan... All these were done before the advent of oil money. So lack of oil money is not the end of the world. Hp as a company generates more money than what Nigeria makes from Oil in a year; get that into your dull brain. And for your second question it'll only take a dumb person to ask me that even after the culprit has admitted to the purchase of the cars. First class MUMU!!!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by AdeniyiA(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
until we stop having accidental and circumstantial presidents, we would continue in this pit and cycle of corruption, ineptitude and political rigmarole. we must do away with cabals who impose on us president who are not ready ,who have no plans, no strategies ,no road maps. hence the cluelessness. OK lets start from 1999; did Obasanjo plan of becoming a president? , did Y'aradua?, and the current one?. capital NO!
The country,as a car has always be driven by unqualified, untested, untrained, unprepared drivers, little wonder the turbulence, the collisions, the crashes and the accidents. all we need now is a trained panel beater president with unrivalled driving skills, like the Mandiba himself.
WE SHALL GET THERE. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shizzle11(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
superstar1:
Yea you are right. Ethnicity/tribalism is also a monstrous issue confronting our dear country. The truth is, ethnicity is only well pronounced among the informed middle class. The poorer of end of the ladder is more concerned and preoccupied with daily livings and basic needs to have time for such, except when caught in the web. The upper end of the ladder comprising the elites politicians army officers careless about such, in as much as they are all eating and assisting each other one way or the other to perpetuate themselves in the corridor of power.

Ethnicity threatens the unity of a country, while Corruption threatens the soul of the nation

Corruption magnifies ethnicity.

I couldn't agree any less.

How ever, Obasanjo should get a chu k of the blame as far as corruption is concerned. He shouldn't try to pass the bulk
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

It seems you are now ready to learn but you have to convince me you are ready.
I have worked and lived in the North, I have worked in government parastatal.
I have friends who have done same.
I know what you don't. I'm done with you, I can't keep schooling you on these ABC facts. Go ask an elder one of yours. Run along.

Oh mr methuselah is a retired FG worker that was harassed and cheated by northerners. Sorry for you but stop using your old age to defend criminality and corruption.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by danjalingo: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
kettykin: Jonathan is a weak president other wise this fool called Obj who squandered N16b tax payers money on a fluke power project, who used his office to organise the worst set of rigging in Anambra where Andy Uba was declared winner in an election that didn't hold, whose daughter was caught in embezzlement of N10b health fujd, who used EFCC to victimise governors he doesn't like, who closed down businesses of igbo men for no meaningful reasons, who issued oil blocks to all manner of people as he was the minister for petroleum should be behind bars

Obj used tugs and AIG Ige to remove a sitting governor (Ngige) in Anambra state, ordered the arrest of Orji Kalu's mother in Abia state for whatever reason. killed Bola ige, levelled the whole of Odi and Zaki biam (he didn't talk about carrot and stick), among other atrosities. Some time ago he told the whole world (when Bode George's case was on) that Jonathan can't fight the level of corruption in Nigeria. If Nigeria was an honourable country of honourable men, Obj should have been the last person to speak.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by superstar1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Rants of a toddler!

So if lagos was built with oil money, what happened to your own share of the allocation, what happened to nddc, what happened to 13% derivation, what happened to min of Niger delta, what happened to amnesty money.

How will you know that Oduah stole, when your eyes are too sunken to read. So your wife can buy a bowl of garri for 100,000 and you will applaud her. I shake my head for you.

Don't tell us what is not, old man.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Afroconnect: 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mr Obasanjo you can do much more than writing letters-standing on the side of the people and putting pressure on the National assembly via your political weight to summon the perceived culprits of the NNPC grand scam is one,you can also use your political weight to support the non tribal Nigerian fit for the president job come 2015...talk is cheap sir,Nigeria is burning,and if you care for it at all you will do more than talk.

Last but not the list,you can use some of your wealth to build factories and open up your investments to employ more youths-focusing on investments that will empower and employ youths rather than strive to make profits alone.

The youths are disillusioned,if we love Nigeria,if we love humanity we must all fight corruption.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shark2last(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
here: While Mbeki even organised a declaration stating a virus cannot cause a syndrome and refused the people access to the drugs and about 330,000 lost their lives from the ailment,Madiba said "he believes in the dominant opinion that prevails throughout the world,that HIV is the cause of AIDS, adding that he would only be persuaded otherwise if new scientific research showed "conclusively that that view is wrong.""...He neither wrote a letter to the government/ANC nor did he publicly attack the person of Mbeki

what gibberish is this one saying now? Ode, how does the 2 scenario correlate?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by malele(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

Even when your post is read 10x it's still saying the same thing: that you know little about Nigeria.
If Buhari becomes president tomorrow will he prosecute Tinubu?
How has Ribadu become Tinubu's partner? Was he not the same person who said Tinubu is the most corrupt politician in Nigeria?
What about El Rufai and Buhari?
El Rufai once said Buhari is not electable. Same with Bakare. How did they all become allies.
Yea, I remember, GEJ is from a minority group. No?

1million likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

I Can Bring Buhari’s Government Down — Fayose / Olisa Metuh Regains Freedom - Vanguard / Boko Haram Kills 30 In Maiduguri, Kidnaps Dozens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.