Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. (40529 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is Agbor among the top 3 towns in Delta state let alone Nigeria? When will you people stop being sentimental in everything.
you re the one being sentimental here. How could u say am sentimental, even though I'am from Abia state, I live in Agbor, and its a cool place, they gat nice prospects, the only thing hindering them is good roads, the govt are not trying in that aspect.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Emyben(m): 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Aside from Abuja and Lagos which are a product of Federal Government Developement,,my list goes thus:
1- Enugu
2- Port Harcourt
3- Calabar
allow me to add 3 more pls
4- Kaduna
5- Abeokuta
6-Onitsha
if Onitsha tackles enviromental Maintanance,,they will in my opinion displace Calabar and go 3rd on my list. They need to improve in Environmental issues like cleanliness. Like if am a bit right,yipee

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Psychedelia(m): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
The OP is wrong.
Yes, Lagos is the largest city; but Abuja is not the 2nd largest.

According to that dubious census, Kano is. So, excluding the aforementioned...

1. Port Harcourt
2. Ibadan (land area tinsss)
3. Onitsha
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
deleted
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Emyben(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: Lagos and Abuja are exluded, for it is obvious they are the most important cities. Aside from lagos and Abuja, the next 3 most important cities is what we are emphasizing. I think: Benin city, Port harcourt, and Agbor, are the top 3 after Lag and Abj.

Is Agbor a town or a village? how can you mention Agbor when names of Nigerian Cities are mentioned? i tire ooo..tekiteasy bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva: deleted
meaning?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva: deleted
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by emedy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
ebamma: Calabar is the coolest i chty in nigeria, take it or leave it
hv u tried uyo??

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by IAMBREEZY: 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Imo
akwa ibom
calabar
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Tinkybabe(f): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Port Harcourt
Ibadan
Can't think of a third...
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
Tinkybabe: Port Harcourt
Ibadan
Enugu 'll fit in
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Deschil: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dear OP; Criterion (singular) Criteria (plural). Criterias (non-existent)

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Emyben:

Is Agbor a town or a village? how can you mention Agbor when names of Nigerian Cities are mentioned? i tire ooo..tekiteasy bro
you are certainly joking. Even though Agbor is not really worthy of the top 3, but the city is emerging. Don't be biased dear.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by jairusben(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
without port Harcourt that list aint complete.. Other 3 are ibadan.. Imo and cross river

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Deschil: Dear OP; Criterion (singular) Criteria (plural). Criterias (non-existent)
Noted. Thanks bro.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: you re the one being sentimental here. How could u say am sentimental, even though I'am from Abia state, I live in Agbor, and its a cool place, they gat nice prospects, the only thing hindering them is good roads, the govt are not trying in that aspect.
in that case, it can't be in top 3.
I makwa ihe bu top 3

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by benny4wax(m): 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
BOKO- NORTH WEST
HA- SOUTH EAST
RAM (EWU)- NORTH NORTH

HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION??
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: Benin city. Port harcourt. Agbor.
u forget to add rumourla and ogbogoro wink #odensin

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Emyben(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alikaxon: you are certainly joking. Even though Agbor is not really worthy of the top 3, but the city is emerging. Don't be biased dear.

Emerging,right? till it emerges bro,but as for now,lets peg it on the Township scale.Agbor is a town just like Abiriba is a town.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Breezy90(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
*scratches butt* prolly borno undecided.long live borno headquarters of bh grin
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by omartins(m): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
The Op said CITY not STATE.
Mine are:
Ibadan
Kano
Portharcourt
Maduguri
Enugu
Calabar
Oshogbo
Ilorin.
and so on.

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
I'll pick PH, kaduna and Enugu!
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by MaziOmenuko: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Doubt if there are cities in Nigeria in the actual sense; maybe towns and urban settlements, but cities? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by luvablesam(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mine in simple terms

Uyo
Calabar n
Akure

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by lonelydora: 12:44am On Dec 12, 2013
snika: First, Lagos and Abuja are not the top cities in Nigeria. Unless by 'top', you mean the most expensive, or the most traffic-jammed cities in Nigeria, then these two places you mentioned won't have any opposition for the respective qualities.

Since you didn't declare the principles used in gauging these 'top' cities, I'll base my own calculations on livelihood, cost of living, ease of movement, accomodation, friendliness of people and $$ opportunity.

So based on the above, the 3 top cities I'm considering(my own assumptions) are:

1. Enugu
2. Onitsha
3. Jos Portharcourt

i'm sure u you have not traveled outside the east before......... myopic judgement

4 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by slimchimex(m): 12:46am On Dec 12, 2013
enugu
kano
ibadan

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Samgreguc(m): 2:40am On Dec 12, 2013
Tinkybabe: Port Harcourt
Ibadan
because uv nt being to a third grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 12, 2013
When did Lagos become a City instead of a State ? Forget all that crap about megalopolis, Lagos is a State.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2013
Emyben:

Emerging,right? till it emerges bro,but as for now,lets peg it on the Township scale.Agbor is a town just like Abiriba is a town.
u re a fool, sentiments will kill u, how dare u compare with Abiriba or what. Get lost, I wasted mb replying this idi.ot.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by mamamummy(f): 6:54am On Dec 12, 2013
1. UYO.
2.PORT HARCOURT.
3.CALABAR.
4.ENUGU.
5.ONITSHA.
6. BENIN.
7. WARRI.

THE LIST OF "I GET AM BEFORE NO BE PROPERTY" CITIES (PAST GLORY) ARE:
1.KANO.
2.KADUNA.
JOS.

MOST ANCIENT CITY:
1. IBADAN.

#VIA_NOTHING_BUT_THE_TRUTH_

3 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Alikaxon(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2013
Billyonaire: When did Lagos become a City instead of a State ? Forget all that crap about megalopolis, Lagos is a State.

did u read govt or geography in sec. School? Update ur brain pls.

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2013
Mine are:
Uyo
Enugu
Eko Atlantic City

The 4th will be the new Centennary city in the FCT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video / Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe / Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.