Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. (40525 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Evestar200(f): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2013
Osubi,,Effurun and Calabar
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: you sound silly! Yes, U think it's by exploding verbal verbosities that will make u socially inclined? How could u be so maniacally bewildered, in other words, "inordinate" to a simple question. I sence your foundation is faulty, sorry. Next time, don't copy Patrick Obariagbon to show off, people can do it better than you.

Hahahaha...weere, lol. You self talk your own, I like that.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ayosamtunde(m): 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
henrimoto: i will pick my next three big city/state as these : Ogun state, Portharcourt, if not for religious crisis every now and then, kano state would have been among. but let's proceed.. ibadan, kaduna, akwa ibom state, cross river state, anambra state because of activities along onitsha, nnewi, akwa, and other some parts like that.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Onlinebiz2012: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
You clients can resist opening your mails buh they can't resist opening your SMS !

www.nairaland.com/1554688/sms-newsletter-effective-way-reach
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Chartey(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Eze Promoe: Lagos and Abuja are not the only major cities.
In Nigeria, there are three major cities; Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.

Then if I'm to mention the next three that follows, I would say, Kano, Enugu and Ibadan because of their regional significance.
Your post is the most correct, except that I'll replace Enugu with Kaduna. I know it's unfair that the SouthEast has no representative city, but Kaduna just has to be there. If not for population(even though they're close now), Kaduna would have been ahead of Ibadan too. Kaduna has almost all the key military installations in Nigeria and a big cosmopolitan(unlike Enugu) population.

2 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by homesteady(m): 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
Please who are those mentioning benin city? undecided
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
The only city in SW is former capital of nigeria, Lagos and its bc of what federal govt,corporate bodies and international communities invested in the city.
The rest are shanties like Ibadan the only fine building there is Cocoa House anoda is UI community 90% of the buildings there are mud houses with rusted zincs,poor skyline,dirty residents,poor transportation system,poor housing...beggars outnumber givers,illiteracy is at its peak.
Akure try shaa but lack of urban renewal its the bane,for Abeokuta all the money stolen from the coffers of FG dat was invested there yet it still look like ancient ruins...Ado and Oshogbo are glorified villages,these 2 are regarded as old pple's home.

Kaduna is good,jos used to be good but Kano is the worst place in the world someone will ever tink of residing.

PHC lacks proper planning and traffic holdup is a perpetual nightmare with alot of cult activities and high cost of living.

Calabar,Enugu,Owerri,Uyo, are gud to raise kids and live a decent lifestyle but dough aint flowing there.

Onitsha,Aba,Nnewi are too busy but with best of accomodations.modern streets and beautiful housing system,biz opportunities,perfect competition,low cost of living but sparing crime rate in the first n second aint encouraging but still minimal.
Warri is too chaotic like PH wit the same cult activities and oda vices

5 Likes

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by nrdgeek: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
In no particular order:

1. Kano (never been there)
2. Port Harcourt (lived there)
3. Ibadan (Spent time there with family)

Other impressive cities
* Benin (spent time there with family)
* Maiduguri before Boko Haram (spent time there, a well planned beautiful city with tree lined roads)
* Calabar (never been there but penciled it down)
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Oildichotomy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
I doubt whether there is a REAL CITY in Nigeria in every sense of the word.
Every so-called Nigerian city has large rural settlements/ slums that will make one rather choose his village
E.g
Lagos- Makoko,Badia, etc
Abuja... Nyanya etc
Enugu..... Obiagu, Abakpa
Portharcourt.. Waterside etc
...The List goes on and on.

Those of you naming Benin City'... Is it because of the 'city ' noun attached to its name??
Benin is not there yet.
No offence

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by nrdgeek: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chuksphil2go: The only city in SW is former capital of nigeria, Lagos and its bc of what federal govt,corporate bodies and international communities invested in the city.
The rest are shanties like Ibadan the only fine building there is Cocoa House anoda is UI community 90% of the buildings there are mud houses with rusted zincs,poor skyline,dirty residents,poor transportation system,poor housing...beggars outnumber givers,illiteracy is at its peak.
Akure try shaa but lack of urban renewal its the bane,for Abeokuta all the money stolen from the coffers of FG dat was invested there yet it still look like ancient ruins...Ado and Oshogbo are glorified villages,these 2 are regarded as old pple's home.

Kaduna is good,jos used to be good but Kano is the worst place in the world someone will ever tink of residing.

PHC lacks proper planning and traffic holdup is a perpetual nightmare with alot of cult activities and high cost of living.

Calabar,Enugu,Owerri,Uyo, are gud to raise kids and live a decent lifestyle but dough aint flowing there.

Onitsha,Aba,Nnewi are too busy but with best of accomodations.modern streets and beautiful housing system,biz opportunities,perfect competition,low cost of living but sparing crime rate in the first n second aint encouraging but still minimal.

Erm ... just asking, did you spend time in all these cities to have informed judgment?

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ceejay80s(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by chi4ik(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
My coal City Enugu, River (PH) Kano 4 sure but calabar $ Onitsha make sense o
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by JonCina(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
henrimoto: i will pick my next three big city/state as these : Ogun state, Portharcourt, if not for religious crisis every now and then, kano state would have been among. but let's proceed.. ibadan, kaduna, akwa ibom state, cross river state, anambra state because of activities along onitsha, nnewi, akwa, and other some parts like that.

What did u finally communicate?
Nobody gives prize for first to comment.

Lesson for All: Speed devoid of Accuracy & Precision is wasted effort!
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Swiftmode: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ado-Ekiti
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
Prowizy2: Otuoke
Jigawa
Gombe
is jigawa a city?
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Swiftmode: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ido-Ekiti
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by azpekuliar: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Some posters can't even tell a city from a state..... smh
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by anthonyjustine(m): 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
portharcourt,onitsha,and ibadan
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 2:32pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kano
Ibadan
Port Harcourt

Kaduna
Jos
Calabar

Benin
Abeokuta
Enugu
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by tonaydo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
enugu

portharcourt

calabar
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
dayokanu: Kano
Ibadan
Port Harcourt

Kaduna
Jos
Calabar

Benin
Abeokuta
Enugu

I think I'll take akure over abk.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by ChristyG(f): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chuksphil2go: The only city in SW is former capital of nigeria, Lagos and its bc of what federal govt,corporate bodies and international communities invested in the city.

in ur idiotic mind,u don make sense abi?or dont u understand d question asked .mumu bigot
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Timijo(m): 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: For those that have travelled far and wide across major cities in Nigeria. There is no doubt that Lagos and Abuja are the two biggest cities in Nigeria. Exluding these two giant cities, I've fathomed that here is where the problem lies; many Nigerians don't know the exact next biggest city(s) after this two mentioned above. In other countries, their citizens can list the top 10 cities in the perfect order without anyone disputing it. But here in Nigeria, If mr. A should list it's top 3, mr. B will dispute it and list another different top 3 cities entirely. I think this arises because we are using various and differ criteria according to our perception. Let us all use this simple criteria: Level of industrial presence, level of infrastructural presence, largeness and population size. I think this are the three major criterias for rating a city, so with these criteria, any named list here can be justified. I woun't name my list in other to be neutral. Your lists are welcomed. At the end of the day, the most popularly supported list(s) are the final top 3(three). Cheers!!!
Maiduguri
Kano
Kaduna
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Btruth: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
- Kano (the most commercialize city after Lagos)
- Ibadan (the biggest city in West Africa)
- Port Harcourt (the most well developed oil city in Africa)

1 Like

Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by made1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
You only should list 3 ... Not all the cities ..... Damn it read to understand guys....
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: Benin city. Port harcourt. Agbor.
Agbor na top city
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by OmoTier1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Alikaxon: you sound silly! Yes, U think it's by exploding verbal verbosities that will make u socially inclined? How could u be so maniacally bewildered, in other words, "inordinate" to a simple question. I sence your foundation is faulty, sorry. Next time, don't copy Patrick Obariagbon to show off, people can do it better than you.
Haha... Thank you for letting him know how stupid He comes across with His lack of simple English construct comprehension.
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by hotmas911(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ogbomosho
Ogbomosho
Ogbomosho
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Emmanueledu(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Enugu
Portharcourt
Onitsha
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by mrphysics(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
abakaliki,nsukka and oron
Re: Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. by Mospring(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
abakaliki; Afikpo; Onueke.. oders la wash!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day / Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video / Easiest Way Of Getting Permanent Residence In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.