Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court (4039 Views)

The "Love Letter" I Found Inside My Student's Note / I Need Help Composing A Love Letter (urgently) / Best Love Letter I Have Ever Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by AmakaOne(f): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2008
MEBRIM UCHECHUKWU, Abuja

A photocopy of the love letter allegedly written by the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the National Hospital, Abuja, Dr. Olusegun Ajuwon, to a staff nurse in the hospital, Ihuoma Chinasa Doris, was yesterday tendered before an Abuja Federal High Court.

The letter which bore a signature was said to have been delivered, by the CMD when he visited the nurse and found that she was not at home.

The letter read: "Ihuoma Dear, I will come back to pass the night with you. For your info, say yes to my request and I will provide u your heart desire. Your love, Ajuwon."

Ajuwon, wife, Matron Julie Ajuwon and five others, were dragged to a Federal High Court over alleged unethical practices against the nurse.

Also in what seems like a back up to the above letter contained in Ihuoma’s reply to defendants counter affidavit, a matron, Deborah Olorunmaiye, an assistant chief nursing officer (ACNO) in charge of In-Patients Male Surgical (IPMS), wrote a letter to Ihuoma in respect of alleged intention of the CMD towards her.

The letter read: "To Doris Ihuoma, I do not have any problem with you as I was doing this in order to retain my job. I gave you motherly advice to stay in our club, which you call a cult. Have relationship with the CMD and save your job, come forward for deliverance, you refused. All I want to let you know is that we mothers do it. Me, I keep relationship with Abawede in order to keep my job. They tell me that you refused to give them again, the term you agreed in giving you job.

"Thank you for all your usual assistance and I want to assure you that any plan by the management to dismiss you or use me to tell lots of lies on you and implicate you will not work. Thank you."

Despite this, the defendants urged the court to throw out the case on the grounds that plaintiff lacks the wherewithal to pay for damages in the event of loss of the substantive suit.

The nurse accused them of trying to destroy her life and career and that the court should intervene.

But the CMD denied all the allegations saying the attitude of the plaintiff made the hospital management to subject her to psychiatric examination because she accused some principal officers of the hospitals of being members of a secret cult.

In a 42 paragraph counter affidavit to the originating processes and deposed to by one Miss Medina Sanusi, the defendants said: "Considering the gravity of the allegation above, the 2nd respondent, CMD, immediately invited the plaintiff to clarify the allegations, particularly that the CMD found it difficult to accept the plaintiff’s story based on his personal knowledge of the staff mentioned.

"That the plaintiff insisted on her allegation and further claimed that the meeting where the cult members invited her to join took place in an open ward during official working hours in the afternoon.

"That worried by the state of mind of the plaintiff, CMD invited a consultant psychiatrist, Dr.[Mrs.] Ephraim Oluwanuga, who is with the national hospital, because of the above allegation and other several complaints and observations from her department in the form of queries and her answers to such queries.

In the suit entitled: FHC/ABJ/CS/238/08 the plaintiff also included the following as respondents; national hospital Abuja, S.A. Ibrahim and Dr. Patience Ahmed, Dr. Oluwanuga and Dr. Ibrahim Wada.

The aggrieved nurse in a 43 paragraph affidavit in support of a motion on notice which she deposed to herself, stated that he did not have any problem with the hospital including the CMD except that on employment in the hospital, he allegedly wanted to go out with her a request she turned down even with some reasons assumedly understood by the CMD.

The affidavit also noted that the CMD summoned the nurse in his office and offered her fruit juice which she refused to drink immediately and rather told him that he would take it later which resulted in the CMD forcefully taking it away from her.

According to the affidavit, "when I refused to take the fruit juice, the CMD forcefully took the drink from my hand and said that he is declaring me a psychopath and that he is going to treat me as a psychiatric patient. There and then the CMD called other persons including the 3rd to 7th defendants on his phone and some other persons.

"One of the persons he called I later discovered to be Dr. [Mrs.] Ephraim Oluwanuga who came in with an already drawn injection in a syringe filled with unknown substance. That at this stage, I knew that it was a grand conspiracy already concluded against me and I knew that the injection they wanted to give me was not going to be in my favour"

Against the foregoing, the plaintiff is praying the court for an order restraining 2nd to the 7th defendants and their agents from terminating applicant’s employment with the 1st defendant pending the determination of the motion on notice.

She also asked for an order restraining the 2nd to 7th defendants/respondents from further harassing, intimidating, arresting or attempting to arrest the plaintiff for the purpose of injecting plaintiff with drug or substance which content is unknown to plaintiff pending the determination of the motion on notice.

Besides, she demanded for an order of the court restraining defendants by themselves agents and privies from stopping the salary, benefit and allowances of plaintiff pending the determination of motion on notice.

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/n, le3_250708.htm
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by bebe2007(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2008
What is Nigeria turning into? Nonesense story!! why would people stand for such injustice. I pray the nurse gets justice fast. A warning to other big lords who run their institutions like that. Women should learn to speak out more often. We will be heard one day amen.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by BBinitie: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
I wonder how this case has progressed. Kudos to this Nurse who had the courage to take Ajuwon to court. He has been at it since 1999/2000 even when he was the Chief Physician at the Villa and he manipulated my papers at the Civil Service Commission such that my contract appointment was not renewed after one year, claiming there was no vacancy for my post. My offence? according to him, I was ''unfriendly and uncooperative'' to quote him; even though I was the Physician in the Villa and was good at my job.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by tashanja(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2012
^^^^Then don't sit there doing nothing, you definitely now have a moral obligation to contact this nurse and offer to give evidence before the court in support of her case based on your own experience with this doctor.

1 Like

Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by BBinitie: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
That is why I am asking about the case. How do I find this Nurse? Who are her lawyers?
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by hunkyjohn(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
^ Contact anyone you know at the hospital and they will surely know how to connect you with the nurse. Pls help the lady if your story is genuine.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by inquisitiv: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
Someone is here with credible witness status and is asking wat 2 do. U r a physican who worked in villa and u dnt hv contacts in national hospital to contact d nurse and stand as witness. I bet u r scared or u will try to hide so u can get anoda contract agreement in d villa. Dis is ur chance to get one thing done rightly in Nigeria, history will hold u guilty if u just sit dere.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by drnoel: 10:08am On Dec 26, 2012
B.Binitie:
I wonder how this case has progressed. Kudos to this Nurse who had the courage to take Ajuwon to court. He has been at it since 1999/2000 even when he was the Chief Physician at the Villa and he manipulated my papers at the Civil Service Commission such that my contract appointment was not renewed after one year, claiming there was no vacancy for my post. My offence? according to him, I was ''unfriendly and uncooperative'' to quote him; even though I was the Physician in the Villa and was good at my job.
Best u reach the court to give ur own story so that this is stopped once and for all.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by BBinitie: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
I have tried my best to find this Nurse, given the fact that I no longer live in Abuja. However, I have found out that the minute the new CMD took over from the randy previous CMD, Dr Ajuwon, the new man sacked her!... Now you know why many suffer in silence even in the face of real harassment at work!... The case may have even been thrown out of court!
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by andyanders: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
tashanja: ^^^^Then don't sit there doing nothing, you definitely now have a moral obligation to contact this nurse and offer to give evidence before the court in support of her case based on your own experience with this doctor.

supported. You must go ahead to meet with the nurse.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Who resurrected the heck this post?! You dey find my trouble abi.

Where did AmakaOne, my one and only NL sweetheart go eh.

Some fine bobo go don marry this my brilliant chic. God forgive him, for he did not know what he did.
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
I believe Mr Ajuwon did this. I recall few years ago. When a female friend of mine, her mother lost her job because of him. He threating to sack her if she didnt sleep with him and he did.
I wont want to go more than this. noting the fact that friend of mine is on NAIRALAND and very popular on the ROMANCE section.

Honey i am sorry if i did this without your permission but pls i was angry. Its your chance for your mum to live the states now and go against him. My 2cent
Re: Love Letter By National Hospital Boss Tendered In Court by jaylakes: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
STILL SINGLE BUT WANT TO GET MARRIED SOON? (Trust me you do not need love letter wink wink)
LostRib Matchmaking is an anonymous and personalised matchmaking web platform particularly for professionals who want to get married soon. We’re a hot, smart, witty dating start up.

We care about you, your journey, your process. your desires, your insights, your fears - and heck - even your insecurities. We are here to get you up and out of your shell and dating with an open mind — the only time you can ever find real true love. We'll learn what makes you tick and help you find the match that clicks. http://lostrib.com?afmc=36w

(1) (Reply)

Girl Says She Can Be "Ordered On Phone" To Come And Provide Sex Services. Photos / 10 Things Almost EVERY Man Has Done With His Penis… UNBELIEVABLE!!! / This Is What Happens When You See A Bathub For The First Time In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.