Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (19376 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by dbride: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
In am a Nigerian, I do not have low self esteem!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower: So the desire to learn another language so that you can expand your range of communication is a bad thing? This forum keeps getting dumber by the day.

Why would a Nigerian want to move to a country that they are despised?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Nigerians who are honest with themselves would understand. A lot of Nigerians think foreign things are superior

most foreign things are superior, we have to learn them and improve on it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Nigerians who are honest with themselves would understand. A lot of Nigerians think foreign things are superior

Guy, when a made in Nigeria product is of international quality people will patronise it,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198: The constant selling out of culture in favour of European culture, the favouritism of European languages on this forum is enough to implicate how lost most Nigerians on this forum are.

I do salute a few people though like Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis who keep it real with their culture and are not selling out their culture in favour of another.

You see many threads for Portuguese learning, German learning, Spanish learning, etc however there is a huge lack of African language threads. What exactly does German for example have to do with Nigerian culture. This is a disgrace. Everyone wants to be like everyone else with no pride in who they are. Even Ajuran, has more pride in who he is more so than the Nigerians here.

Bro God bless you. They won't listen, some are already celebrating halloween, thanksgiving (US's), baby showers, etc

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by mazizitonene(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Jasi
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Promhize:

Bro God bless you. They won't listen, some are already celebrating halloween, thanksgiving (US's), baby showers, etc

I concur, a lot of Nigerians are also in denial
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Blaim the Celebrities who they look up to!

Just Yesterday, Tekno said he doesn't like he's tribe name "Kelechi"

He prefers being called "Tekno" (China phone) angry

Meanwhile. . . IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS THREAD YOU ARE MISSING OUT BIG TIME!

www.nairaland.com/1554419/nairaland-think-sing

#TeamGOM

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Guys pay no attention to this OP, you should learn as many languages as you can even Chinese(Mandarin) it's all to your advantage.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Why would a Nigerian want to move to a country that they are despised?

Look Nigerians are living prosperous lives all around the world, I have family abroad, it's people like you who refuse to learn and move forward that are holding this potentially great nation back.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by moshino(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198: The constant selling out of culture in favour of European culture, the favouritism of European languages on this forum is enough to implicate how lost most Nigerians on this forum are.

I do salute a few people though like Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis who keep it real with their culture and are not selling out their culture in favour of another.

You see many threads for Portuguese learning, German learning, Spanish learning, etc however there is a huge lack of African language threads. What exactly does German for example have to do with Nigerian culture. This is a disgrace. Everyone wants to be like everyone else with no pride in who they are. Even Ajuran, has more pride in who he is more so than the Nigerians here.

Why would you generalize your belief on a country of 160million people, and at the same time make exemptions for 'Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis', your captions clearly says "Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem", which implies 'ALL NIGERIANS', 160 million people, so maybe it's just you!

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: Noble fulaman of the federal republic of nigeria

u are right to an extent,not all nigerians have low self esteem,nigerians suffering from this mental disease are mainly from the southern part cool,u see them claiming black jews or the lost tribe of isreal,ancient egyptians e.t.c bla! Bla! Bla grin

God save us oo

You just showed signs of Inferiority, immaturity and naivety. Disgusting!
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by funkymedina: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Funny, my signature is in Fulfulde, would you care translating it for everyone else.
that is my point!! what is Fulfulde? is that a language in Nigeria ??+ hahahhahahahaha
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

shut up abeg. Are foreign "things" not superior?how developed is your "Nigeria"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower:

Look Nigerians are living prosperous lives all around the world, I have family abroad, it's people like you who refuse to learn and move forward that are holding this potentially great nation back.

how does emmirgration and taking cforeign citizenship push a country forward?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
funky medina: and the op posts in English !! smh
let each of us type here in our local language now? tower of babel go better pass the chaos

You definitely have comprehension issues, or was the Op's post read to you by someone else?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
MajeMedia: Its true. Nigerians are consistently smart, good looking, successful, physically and mentally strong, but will see this guy
[img]http://www.iitk.ac.in/phy/New01/OmPrakash.jpg[/img]

and automatically make him the oga of the situation as if they themselves are fatherless. It's very bizarre.

It's education, not looks, if you get a good education you can get a good job anywhere in the world, provided you know their language.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
I think any Nigerian who doesnt follow Traditional Religion has low self-esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
That's why there is no dark skinned girl in nigeria again! All part of low selves of steam........grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Go and ask the Jews how they did it and learn.
gcfr.com:
shut up abeg. Are foreign "things" not superior?how developed is your "Nigeria"?

Young man! Are foreign languages, foreign culture, foreign values superior to Nigeria's?

2 Likes

Eneze1:

are you not a Nigerian?

I am and I'm proud! But when it comes to talking about 'NIGERIANS', I cease to be one......since my way of thinking never coordinates with the way 90% of Nigerians think! undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

The willingness to learn and apply what works is what pushes a country forward, I never said it was emigration he was the one that brought it up.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa:

most foreign things are superior, we have to learn them and improve on it.

Indeed! grin
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa:

Go and ask the Jews how they did it and learn.

so are we a nation of jews?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
gcfr.com:

This is an 'e.g' of those the OP is referring to whom I'm not among! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
I think you Nigerians should learn a lesson from us Hausas.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

so are we a nation of jews?

Absolutely not but we can learn from them.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by divex(f): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yes , Nigerian have low self esteem. Apart from all these employers who would prefer employing a dummy white man in top position in theie company and leaving the intelligent youths to suffer, the main problem with Nigerians is this thing called "naija mentality" itsssssssssssssssssssss too bad. Our way of thinking has limited us so much. In nigeria, ur hair, dressing, cloth, even height and weight defines you. Which isnt true but its all in our mentality. There is nothing abroad but our youths are rushing there because in their minds, that is where their is greener pastures all because of the way we think. so sad. Nigerians stop limiting urselves, our country is beautiful n resourceful and pregnant with so much goodies. If you want change then seize it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by NnamdiN: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Move to China, Taiwan or Hong Kong?
my business is in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by divex(f): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yes , Nigerian have low self esteem. Apart from all these employers who would prefer employing a dummy white man in top position in their company and leaving the intelligent youths to suffer, the main problem with Nigerians is this thing called "naija mentality" itsssssssssssssssssssss too bad. Our way of thinking has limited us so much. In nigeria, ur hair, dressing, cloth, even height and weight defines you. Which isnt true but its all in our mentality. There is nothing abroad but our youths are rushing there because in their minds, that is where their is greener pastures all because of the way we think. so sad. Nigerians stop limiting urselves, our country is beautiful n resourceful and pregnant with so much goodies. If you want change then seize it
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Bizibi(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
I don't see anything wrong in learning other languages even some foreigners here can speak some Nigeria languages but what we shouldn't be doing is copying other countries way of life,but learning languages is nt related to inferiority complex

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You're Missing Alot If You've Never Dated An Akwa Ibom Girl(pictures) / An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Oluwo Of Iwo, Adewale Akanbi, Dancing (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.