Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (19381 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by indianin9ja(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

whats your mother tongue?

I don't want to be identified by my peers, although it might be too late. I shouldn't even have said that out of the major Indian languages I only know Bengali. It's a language that's spoken around Bengali speakers.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
vislabraye: Please any one who says he is a traditionalist to the core should circumcise his daughter or if she's a woman, let her circumcise herself.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
PurestBoy:

Mr Pagan, pls who will conduct your funeral when you die?

See question ... cheesy you be real "small boy"....
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
vislabraye: Please any one who says he is a traditionalist to the core should circumcise his daughter or if she's a woman, let her circumcise herself.

Una go just dey yarn anyhow....what has female circumcision got to do with core tradition!!? For your information not all tribes conduct female vi-jay-jay thinz.... get your mind right...think for yourself..
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
indianin9ja:

I don't want to be identified by my peers, although it might be too late. I shouldn't even have said that out of the major Indian languages I only know Bengali. It's a language that's spoken around Bengali speakers.

ok email me your mother tongue.

im interested to know.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2013

why should we do that if its not in our culture and not ordained by religion
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2013

Circumcision has ended in yorubaland

We Yoruba pagans don't circumcise our daughters.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: mumu,confused deranged hypocrite.. Ignorant lil fellow grin

who worship muhammed? Are u mad?

We worship Allah-God grin

allah is the arabic name for God grin

pls pls pls,nigga,the religion is from God almighty,the creator of heaven and earth,that's who we worship.

Btw ain't u a christian?? grin

Pls stop spreading lies.
Islam isn't from Allah, it was all moh's idea

Still do u know wat ur ancestors call God, since u know much about ur Arab masters?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by 5megabyte: 6:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
OP if u are very proud of ur culture u shouldn't have gone to school, u should have stayed in ur father's house and disregard those u consider inferior that go to school.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by lastmessenger: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
I dont see learning a new language as a sign of low self esteem.Our Nigerian language may not be of much help outside this country.so i dont see much reason to bother learning yoruba,housa,efik and the rest as an Igbo guy.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: mumu,confused deranged hypocrite.. Ignorant lil fellow grin

who worship muhammed? Are u mad?

We worship Allah-God grin

allah is the arabic name for God grin

pls pls pls,nigga,the religion is from God almighty,the creator of heaven and earth,that's who we worship.

Btw ain't u a christian?? grin

Nope. I'm an Atheist. I am the Atheist that is also a Pope( the ultimate Paradox). I have no time to worship any Violent Arabic God or pay homage to that Pedophile called Muhammad, or scream praises to the blue-eyed Jesus. You are nothing but a SLAVE, you insult me for questioning a Religion that was imposed on your Forefathers. If you must worship a god, why not worship our African Gods? you fools left our African Gods to go and worship the Arab god known as Allah. Confused Idiot!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

Pls stop spreading lies.
Islam isn't from Allah, it was all moh's idea

Still do u know wat ur ancestors call God, since u know much about ur Arab masters?

Don't mind the Slave.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
5megabyte: OP if u are very proud of ur culture u shouldn't have gone to school, u should have stayed in ur father's house and disregard those u consider inferior that go to school.

And who told u fulah people didn't have education

Or u think only Europeans went to school

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
IGNORANCE!
Do you know how the greatest economies and nations got to where they currently are today? I'll tell you, they learnt from each other, throughout out the course of history different culture mixed to get what we have today, Look at the Americans, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Germans, French and many others they didn't get where they are today by resisting change. Learning from other cultures that are evidently more successful than your own is not a bad thing, you don't have to completely discard your own but you can mix it.
Culture is the way of life of a people, if that culture no longer serves the needs of the people then appropriate modification is in order.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Olofintoto(m): 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
Op your assertion is flawed,however I believe you're right to an extent.
But learning foreign languages doesn't connote inferiority complex or low self-esteem..Then don't generalize,your assertion doesn't apply to every nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower:

Look Nigerians are living prosperous lives all around the world, I have family abroad, it's people like you who refuse to learn and move forward that are holding this potentially great nation back.

Mine is one of those families included. So I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
god_of_music: Blaim the Celebrities who they look up to!

Just Yesterday, Tekno said he doesn't like he's tribe name "Kelechi"

He prefers being called "Tekno" (China phone) angry

Meanwhile. . . IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS THREAD YOU ARE MISSING OUT BIG TIME!

www.nairaland.com/1554419/nairaland-think-sing

#TeamGOM

Yah it is a huge shame. People should not be looking up to celebrities.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
funky medina:
that is my point!! what is Fulfulde? is that a language in Nigeria ??+ hahahhahahahaha

Yes, you are Nigerian and you don't know Fulfulde is a Nigerian language? Shows how disgraceful Nigerians have become.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Promhize:

Op's post isn't complete. Fulaman198 I think you should edit it and add embracing european culture (halloween, baby showers etc), and those usually forming british accents, esp ladies.

Russians have one of the worst english accents but they are so proud of it. A minister even went to the extent of trying to make French compulsory, but fortunately she was sacked.

When I have kids at least 3years of their childhood would be spent in the village. Not just knowing how to speak Igbo, they must be proud of who they are, where they come from.

So true brother
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Mine is one of those families included. So I know what I'm talking about.

Obviously you don't, If those family members of yours couldn't speak the native language of their host countries would they be able to live there?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
fubbyy: r u a british? Y did u write in english? Contradiction,my dear tins has changed,we need 2 embrace d changes,am presently learning french,i'll benefit frm dat,our fathers didnt because dey didnt hv d opportunity

If you can translate my signature in Fulfulde I would be more than happy to type that to you.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower:

Obviously you don't, If those family members of yours couldn't speak the native language of their host countries would they be able to live there?

My family is part of KJPF abroad look it up. It is an amazing Fulani community.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: most African cultures and traditions are backward and incompatible with first world development and progress. embrace the truth and it will set you free. I encourage Nigerians to adopt only the positive american and european and japanese culture.

https://www.nairaland.com/1553751/how-build-nigeria#20186735

Inferiority complex, thanks for further proving my post
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
GooseBaba: Any Nigerian that DEMONIZE his/her ancestral lineage history,culture, language or belief is a simpleton with a heavy dose of inferiority complex, rationalized stupidity soaked in the stinky juices of low self esteem..

Thank you my brother
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

My family is part of KJPF abroad look it up. It is an amazing Fulani community.

Can they speak the native language or not? There's absolutely nothing wrong in learning a new language it can only benefit you.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower:

Can they speak the native language or not? There's absolutely nothing wrong in learning a new language it can only benefit you.

My whole family speaks Fulfulde which is the Fulani tongue quite fluently.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by patienz(f): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
.....and to think this actually made front page!
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
I feel especially sorry for the women. As one pointed out earlier, they have the lowest self-esteem. Many of them try so hard to imitate celebrities. In fact, I abhor it when I see a Nigerian woman trying to talk like an American or something she is not. Or when a Nigerian woman doesn't even know her own language.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: Black people are a very s.tupid people honestly,Only black people make these s.tupid thread and oppose progress. The japanese borrowed and embraced the positive white culture but black people are still yapping about slavery and colonization.
is it not the white that drilled and discovered the oil in Nigeria? where would Nigeria be without European influence? when the oil runs out you can continue to blame the white man who has granted visa to millions of Nigerians.without europeans how would nigerians communicate?
who stopped killing of twins? who invented mechanized farming and cities as we have them today? who is exploring space?

More inferiority complex and perpetuated self hate. Keep it coming guy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Oluwo Of Iwo, Adewale Akanbi, Dancing (Photos, Video) / You're Missing Alot If You've Never Dated An Akwa Ibom Girl(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.