Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? (7029 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Decryptor(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2013
majinice07: I think this one will suit your buget just login and see, you will have 1500mb and 100Gb bandwidth

http://www.000webhost.com/748756.html

Don't even go there! cos you will just regret your life
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by adewasco2k(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2013
Djtm: I've been using syskay.com for about three years now. They're pretty cool and have a good customer support. However, you can get more bandwidth and space for the same amount on a foreign host.
----------
btw, how did this topic get to the fp? This cannot be of use to normal nairalanders only webmasters. Well, anyhow.

This is no point tho, i see alot of topics on the front page which are of no use to me. take for example a topic on football, do you think everybody is a fan of football? Every section on nairaland is capable of pushing a topic to the front page.

BTW i have a site with Utiwares, they were so bad at a time but lately i have no problem with them, just of late they disbaled my hosting said i am having too many bandwidth requests, the most annoying thing was they didnt warn me before disabling it, i saw their mail and visited my site and noticed it was offline.

we later rectified it tho after like 24hours, dont know why i dont want to migrate that particular site to a foreign host, i just renewed the hosting few bays back.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by adewasco2k(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm cards but would accept other Nigerian debit cards specially made for online transactions. But note that they will verify your card before accepting it and it can take some time.

this is NOT true, i have used my GTB MasterCard -USD to make purchases on Hostigator and siteground
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2013
adewasco2k:

this is NOT true, i have used my GTB MasterCard -USD to make purchases on Hostigator and siteground
Are we talking about the everyday ATM card or a specially made card for use online. I remember trying my GTB atm card some years back on Hostgator and it did not work though it has worked in some other Hosting sites.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by ezeonlinebiz(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
I use Mcreal. They are very good.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by berbatoondeyy(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Mcreal[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Profidada: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=gstuntz

List the ones you know pls[/quote]h go to Google app and download it. It's a platform for Web development and deployment using Google infrastructure. It also have free web hosting and domain registration. There other free web hosting services in the net
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by adewasco2k(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are we talking about the everyday ATM card or a specially made card for use online. I remember trying my GTB atm card some years back on Hostgator and it did not work though it has worked in some other Hosting sites.

That is what i heard too, then i tried and it worked

Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
adewasco2k:

That is what i heard too, then i tried and it worked
I thought as much. That's not the regular atm card. The regular one is orange in color.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by ades111(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2013
real_ugee: I am currently using HostSleek for both my blog (www..net) and my Forum www..com.ng). They have been on point so far... That's all I can say.
hw many percent can u give dem 4 dere service?
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2013
@Afam4ever.
You said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". But someone proved you wrong thereby correcting that notion for all of us. Why can't you simply acknowledge your mistake and thank adewasco2k?.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by adewasco2k(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2013
mrrock: @Afam4ever.
You said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". But someone proved you wrong thereby correcting that notion for all of us. Why can't you simply acknowledge your mistake and thank adewasco2k?.

No, he is right about his claim, i also have heard it from lot of webmasters though i have not tried to use the normal GTB card because i know it will not work, i did the purchase on hostigator once and i used that card which is obviously not the normal GTB mastercard, i will try the normal orange card next time.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by realugee: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2013
ades111: hw many percent can u give dem 4 dere service?
I'll say 90%. Their customer service is also very wonderful. One thing is Nigerian Webhosts can just be for a start, as the website grows bigger, it won't be advisable to risk it.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2013
@adewasco2k.
He said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". That's an ABSOLUTE statement. Meaning he's 100% sure no GTB card will work.
It's not the same thing as saying "I know Hostgator doesn't accept "some" GTB atm". There's a BIG difference between this two statements. And I wouldn't have said anything if he've said the later.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2013
mrrock: @adewasco2k.
He said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". That's an ABSOLUTE statement. Meaning no GTB card will work.
It's not the same thing as saying "I know Hostgator doesn't accept "some" GTB atm". There's a BIG difference between this two statements. And I wouldn't have said anything if he've said the later.
My friend keep quiet and learn. There's an ATM card that given to anyone who requests for it by the bank and this atms are ussually tied to your Nigerian Naira account. It's different from other cards that you can apply for that serve specific purposes such as online shopping such as the one Adewasco posted.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2013
@Afam4rever.
You can pass your message without insults, please.
You said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". Now, you came back to admit some of them do work. You are the one who need to learn not me.
By the way, you do not have any capacity to educate me about banks and cards or domains.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Afam4eva(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2013
mrrock: @Afam4rever.
You can pass your message without insults, please.
You said "I know Hostgator doesn't accept GTB atm". Now, you came back to admit some of them do work. You are the one who need to learn not me.
By the way, you do not have any capacity to educate me about banks and cards or domains.
I said ATM for some reason. If i had said "debit cards" then it would have been a different issue. Some cards were made specially for ATM machines while others were made for general use.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by bigx(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
I said ATM for some reason. If i had said "debit cards" then it would have been a different issue. Some cards were made specially for ATM machines while others were made for general use.

"Debit" is what is written on ATM cards, they are debit cards so they are the same.

The difference between the Black and Orange cards is the Black is linked to a dollar denominated dom account and the orange is linked to your Naira account.

Can we all sheathe our swords and move ahead now?
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2013
@Afam4ever.
What do you mean by "for ATM" and "general use". Please clarify
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by kalchuka: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2013
Web8pro.com... www.web8pro.com. seem to be the best around.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2013
@Bigx.
Thank you, but I wish you never made that post yet. Cause I'm sure the guy don't know what he's saying and I wanted to follow this up until he acknowledge his ignorance
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by TayoT: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Profidada: So funny that most people don't know that web hosting and domain registration is free

My. Guy, except you are configuring your site on your own server (which is of course not free), then it is not free. Use clearer terms please.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2013
bigx:

"Debit" is what is written on ATM cards, they are debit cards so they are the same.

The difference between the Black and Orange cards is the Black is linked to a dollar denominated dom account and the orange is linked to your Naira account.

My point exactly. I was referring to the regular Naira account. I'm also aware that ATM cards are debit cards but for some reason they're not always accepted online save for few sites.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Tolu95(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
Noble.G:
Guys, I create websites as part-time not my real job. So contact me if you need something done.
Also if you need a custom Google Form design, let me know.
i did a gud site aw can i contact u
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by mrrock: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Bigx.
This is someone you're trying to educate yet he still jump ship claiming he already know. You know, off nairaland I will never have anything to do with such people. He claim "I too know" yet he know nothing.

Actually, all cards can either be "debit" or "credit" card. And there're all ATM compliant. I don't really care whether he get it but some readers to not get misinformed.

Finally, as regards where the card is accepted online depends on a number of factors; including the merchant/ the card processing company used by the online store. So, some stores can accept your card online while orders can reject the card even though it have plenty money inside.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by bigmo1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
I have patiently viewed all the posts and no one has mentioned qservers.net these guyz are d bomb. Before qservers.net, i used kobohost which i think has gone under now.
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by ebooksdepo: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
The best Nigerian Webhost that I am patronizing up till now without experiencing any server downtime and which have very good customer service is www.pluralhost dot com
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Revolva(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
bigx:

its the same are..its only that one is naira acount n the black is dollar account......i use my orange color atm to lace facebook ads...so why wont it work for other yankee aites
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Ugokings4luv(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
A
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by lekxaid007(m): 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Www.Purffpurff.tk grin
Re: Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? by Appswheel(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
be careful before choosing a web hosting. it depends on the service your website will serve. if you want it up and running 24/7 run from free web host services. currently I am pained by the nigeria host company i hosted with I had to transfer the hosting to godaddy.com so do go for awuf.... wey de run belly. thats if you want your site to be up all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Complete Guide To Good SEO For Beginners / How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.