Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (34290 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ileobatojo,coogar and co please it is ok,the arguements are ok

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:
shouting is verbal abuse!
you are the one clueless about what verbal abuse entails. show us one link where it's written a shouting match between partners isn't verbal abuse.

Do you know the difference between verbal conflict and verbal abuse?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
ileobatojo:
Do you know the difference between verbal conflict and verbal abuse?

hahahahaha....
ileobatojo, stop arguing jare. shouting is verbal abuse. verbal conflict & verbal abuse are just terminologies. if you shout at your partner @ anytime, it's an abuse.

read that article & learn....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350761/Women-entitled-council-house-partner-shouts.html

i could be thrown out of my own house if i shout at my girlfriend. why should that be if it's not an abuse?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

hahahahaha....
ileobatojo, stop arguing jare. shouting is verbal abuse. verbal conflict & verbal abuse are just terminologies. if you shout at your partner @ anytime, it's an abuse.

read that article & learn....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350761/Women-entitled-council-house-partner-shouts.html

i could be thrown out of my own house if i shout at my girlfriend. why should that be if it's not an abuse?

Nice try.

Here's the judge's defence for their ruling.
"Lady Hale said that according to the dictionary, violence means physical attack, but can also apply to extreme fervour, passion or fury."

and

"Lady Hale, leading a bench of five justices, said the definition of violence must change so that a range of abusive behaviour now counts in law."

I fail to see where it says all shouting is abuse.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tpia5: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

tpia@, can you cook?

No i cant, why do you ask?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
ileobatojo:
Nice try.

Here's the judge's defence for their ruling.
"Lady Hale said that according to the dictionary, violence means physical attack, but can also apply to extreme fervour, passion or fury."

and

"Lady Hale, leading a bench of five justices, said the definition of violence must change so that a range of abusive behaviour now counts in law."

I fail to see where it says all shouting is abuse.

selective reader....

Men and women who shout at their partners risk being thrown out of their homes under a sweeping ruling by judges yesterday.

Raising your voice at a husband or wife, or a boyfriend or girlfriend, now counts as domestic violence under the landmark Supreme Court judgment.

tpia@:

No i cant, why do you ask?

i want to teach you na. can you afford my tutorials?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:
Men and women who shout at their partners risk being thrown out of their homes under a sweeping ruling by judges yesterday.

Raising your voice at a husband or wife, or a boyfriend or girlfriend, now counts as domestic violence under the landmark Supreme Court judgment.

The above statements are the daily mail's spin on the news. It is not what the judge herself said or meant. Her words and meaning are clear. You left the original source of information and focused on the pointless distractions to try to prove your point. Not impressive.

Here, educate yourself and read the ACTUAL judgement of the case which includes the details of the case. You will clearly see that this was not a case of 'just shouting' at your spouse and the judgement is not about 'just shouting' at your spouse.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKSC/2011/3.html
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 6:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
ileobatojo:
The above statements are the daily mail's spin on the news. It is not what the judge herself said or meant. Her words and meaning are clear. You left the original source of information and focused on the pointless distractions to try to prove your point. Not impressive.

why do you like arguing like this? you don't even stay on this island so how would you know what obtains?

Here, educate yourself and read the ACTUAL judgement of the case which includes the details of the case. You will clearly see that this was not a case of 'just shouting' at your spouse and the judgement is not about 'just shouting' at your spouse.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKSC/2011/3.html

what's this gotta do with what we are saying? the judge said violence has been expanded & it's not until one physically touches his partner before he's abused her. the ruling then said raising your voice, name calling, denying one's partner money, etc are now indices of domestic violence.

this is the reaction of a female journalist about lady hale's ruling from daily telegraph....

Thank goodness Lady Hale has never set foot in our home, or I'd be sleeping under Blackfriars Bridge tonight. I am, you see, guilty of domestic violence: I shout at my husband on a regular basis, with everything from accusations ("You slob!"wink to threats ("I'm going to throw that Blackberry out of the window!"wink.

I blame my Italian upbringing, which means my normal mode of speech is somewhere between excited yelps and high-pitched hysteria. It's tiring and tiresome for my nearest and dearest, no doubt; but I never thought it was an act of aggression. Until Lady Hale, that is: now I know that my behaviour is not only abusive, it is downright criminal, and could cost me my home and my freedom.

This judge is an äss! (And I'm not afraid to shout it, at the top of my lungs!) As anyone who's ever been to Italy or India will tell you, shouting is a cultural thing. Given the din of everyday life in certain countries, everyone from a working class wife to a high-paid industrialist shouts simply to make themselves heard.

Foreigners will take a shrill voice as proof of anger or aggression; natives know better: how else to drown out the roaring of the Vespa or the backfire of the rickshaw? Sensitive Anglo Saxon ears may be unaccustomed to noisy exchanges; I remember an English friend, at lunch in the bosom of an Italian family, sitting silently petrified as Mamma and Papa shouted at one another. "Gosh, why do they hate each other so?!" she asked me afterwards to interpret. "They don't hate each other at all" I explained, " they were only comparing notes on what they'd been doing in the morning."

Lady Hale's decision betrays real ignorance. Not only of cultural differences but of domestic violence itself. If this judge thinks a shouted response amounts to battering a spouse, she's never encountered the real thing: once you've seen a woman with a black and blue body, or a man with a bloodied eye, you know what domestic abuse is. To rank a raised voice with this is an insult to the victims of real violence. Shame!

ileoba, i dunno what obtains in your own neck of the woods o but if you come to the UK & raise your voice against your spouse, you could be thrown out or slapped with a fine. that's the law regardless of how you might think it's ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

this is the reaction of a female journalist about lady hale's ruling from daily telegraph....

LMAO!! You do realize you are NOW arguing my own position that shouting at a spouse does not automatically equal verbal abuse? You have side stepped and weaved your way around facts so much that you have ended up on my side of the argument and are now arguing against yourself? Good lord, you are pointless!

Good bye. I'm done.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
ileobatojo:
LMAO!! You do realize you are NOW arguing my own position that shouting at a spouse does not automatically equal verbal abuse? You have side stepped and weaved your way around facts so much that you have ended up on my side of the argument and are now arguing against yourself? Good lord, you are pointless!

Good bye. I'm done.

what a cop-out!!!
i brought out that article to destroy your claim that lady hale's ruling about shouting isn't domestic violence is indeed accurate not because i agree with the female journalist's point of view. she's just ranting.....

the law is the law....
one thing i know about UK laws is they emphasise on the perception of the victims of abuse. if a woman fears for her life because the husband shouts at her then she's being abused. if another woman feels it's the norm in her own home then she has not been abused - happy days!!

so telling me daily mail spun the ruling of the judge is at best desperate. they did not spin the gist. the supreme court allowed the ruling to stand. the perception of the woman that fled her house because her husband shouted at her was taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Na waa oo! Ele yii lagbara oo

Coogar and ileobatojo can argue ehn, is like when obama and oprah they debate ya'll know how it gonna be...the argument will never end

Both of you(coogar & ile) should be like this grin cheesy

grin grin

As you guys can see me and kulyie no dey argue much like before again cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
tintingz: Na waa oo! Ele yii lagbara oo

Coogar and ileobatojo can argue ehn, is like when obama and oprah they debate ya'll know how it gonna be...the argument will never end

Both of you(coogar & ile) should be like this grin cheesy

grin grin

As you guys can see me and kulyie no dey argue much like before again cheesy cheesy tongue
lobatan grin

*faints * gringringringrin grin

what a combo gringrin

de beauvoir nko? gringrin the bone in your throat :p
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: lobatan grin

*faints * gringringringrin grin

what a combo gringrin

de beauvoir nko? gringrin the bone in your throat :p
LOL...as for her am waiting for her to return from the feminism activism camp grin so that we can settle things out peacefully wink cheesy tongue
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
deols:

hmmmn.lol. I am not surprised you are on this thread.

I relate with such threads as this, putting myself in the woman's position.

Such will not happen to me o(since i won't marry a bush man) but just imagine that he turns bushy grin I no go gree o..lailai.

He will have to go back to his own parents too. To learn how to deal with a woman angry

On a serious note, couples should learn about each other b4 marriage. Once married, there is no going anywhere, no third parties until one thinks divorce or dies. His actions are so juvenile..very silly..They will become entertainment for the whole village.

Mothers will keep telling their daughters to be careful of ending up like the wife and to avoid men like the husband. Their children would be taunted by the stories.

what can you say or put to note that you are just different from the woman in question. Absolutely nothing.
You are just a like bird in that woman world no distint different about either of you.
That you wil ensure his find the way to his parents house to learn how to respect an abusive woman.
I am just too sure and proud that your origin can't stand his. That's why he's not a bush man.

Couples should learn from each other before marriage. Yea you are right on that assumption but what will you say to women that hide their real colour and burst it after they confirmed the wedding certificate.

What this man was able to bear for that period i am sure you will not allow your own elder or junior brother to endure that duration.

Get a brain and teach women around you how to be relevant and tolerant in marriage.
Lol!
You are not exempted either teach yourself

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: from what?gringringrin

some nairalanders never cease to amaze and amuse me.any small thing,she needs deliverance

is it by force every body must share your own school of thought or agree to every thing you say? Nawa o grin

so because your views clash na,she needs deliverance? You sef need spiritual cleansing.go to the bar beach with cele pastor,let them use concortion water and baff your head in the beach for spiritual purification grin

And how can this spiritual cleansing for spiritual purification be a total justification for absolute libration from mental dellusion
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: gbam! You have said it all.kojubelo.

Your head is too correct jare

ọjọgbọn birin kuyiẹ kilo tan?

Don't tel me you are a fan of the weed family.
If not somebody just get her senses erupt abnormally then you stamp it.
You just disappointed me in that respect
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
katsim: It is wrong to do that, love bears all things believe all things, and love never end. He should try and teach her that is why your are a man. Please for God s sake call her back don't give devil a chance in your home remember God called her weaker V so be with her

even if she covered your head with a mortar, you invite love to cover it right?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Miner13:

ọjọgbọn birin kuyiẹ kilo tan?

Don't tel me you are a fan of the weed family.
If not somebody just get her senses erupt abnormally then you stamp it.
You just disappointed me in that respect
han han,how did i disappoint you baba mi.dont i have the right to express my mind again.deols said something that made sense to you and you say its disapointing,she is freaking right na.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
Miner13:

And how can this spiritual cleansing for spiritual purification be a total justification for absolute libration from mental dellusion
gringringrin who you dey rap for ? grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Miner13:

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
tintingz: LOL...as for her am waiting for her to return from the feminism activism camp grin so that we can settle things out peacefully wink cheesy tongue
lmao gringringringrin you and i know that the relationship between a hard core feminist and an african chauvenist can never be cordial talkless of peaceful gringrin

anyway,keep waiting paiently for her return so that you 2 can get into another e-brawl.she has gone for ' feminist taining' grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: gringringrin who you dey rap for ? grin

Rap keee!
Rara ooo!

Just to be sure if the spiritual cleansing could work the miracle you admit it to.
But you understand what i am saying?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by babygirlfl: 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
My opinion

Was the woman wrong for always shouting at the husband ? Yes. Shouting is a very bad way of communicating.

Was the man wrong for sending her to her parents? Yes

Suggestion of what the man would have done. Sort it as husband and wife.

@ kulyie and deols, you are both cool. I love your stand.

One major problem we have in Nigeria is that most people where brought up in families were women are treated badly. So they grew up thinking it is the right way to be brought up. Even women from such families see it as normal and will call you all sorts of name. You have to understand something which is they do not know better. It is difficult to make such people accept that it is not how life is supposed to be because that is what they have known to be right for a very long time.They will always tell you things like you will die a spinster but that's just ignorance again. Girls like you don't die a spinster. What happens is that you end up marrying men that see their wives as a partner not property. I cry for our people because marriage in Africa is no longer about love but who is head and who should submit and how to be a woman with manners. If only we could teach couple how to love each other all these issues will not be there.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

So a man earning 60K-70k a month should not marry . . . . shocked shocked

Then you now wonder why a man earning 5 million a month man cannot send the woman back home to her parents when he is fed up of her. . .

Sisi Kulyie dont let real hard core feminists see what you wrote o! tongue grin

are you sure kulyie make up this statement on this thread on somewhere?. Because i can't find it

Kulyie you get this to answer
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

So a man earning 60K-70k a month should not marry . . . . shocked shocked

Then you now wonder why a man earning 5 million a month man cannot send the woman back home to her parents when he is fed up of her. . .

feminists choose when it's convenient to be strong & when it's convenient to be a blood sucking parasite.

no lady would agree to marry a man earning a low wage but men are marrying women regardless of her status.

sex equality? yea right!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

So a man earning 50K a month should not marry . . . . shocked shocked

lmao mrs chaircover,there is nothing wrong with what i typed neither am i discouraging him not to get married but he has to get his priorities straight and put first things first.

And yes a man that has money has more options of choosing the kind of woman he wants as opposed to a hustler

a man with 50k income should still be INVESTING IN HIS FUTURE.

why are you pretending for christs sakes,do you know how much school fees costs this days? Shebi you too have children of school age who you are still paying their school fees? You know how expensive school fees are.
some time ago,in my presence someone brought a shoe to a church friend of mine while we were jisting and she was like she cant buy it o,she has to pay her childrens school fees.when the shoe seller left,i asked how much is the school fees,she said 100k and she has 3 children in the same secondary school shes paying for and of which i learnt a good,up to standard and decent secondary school in lagos or anywhere in naija starts from 100k and above,so is it a man who earns 50k that will now cope with all that.remeber i didnt put house rent,miscelleanous bills,feeding,house maintenance,clothes,childrens text books,pocket money etc.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

feminists choose when it's convenient to be strong & when it's convenient to be a blood sucking parasite.

no lady would agree to marry a man earning a low wage but men are marrying women regardless of her status.

sex equality? yea right!
coogar,i am being realistic,objective and balanced here,its not about petty sentiments,put sentiments aside.i dont support that anyone should be a leech on any body but for goodness sakes add value to yourself so that you will be able to add value to your partner,she too add value to you,that way you get to complement each other,jeez!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Miner13: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
babygirlfl: My opinion

Was the woman wrong for always shouting at the husband ? Yes. Shouting is a very bad way of communicating.

Was the man wrong for sending her to her parents? Yes.
I cry for our people because marriage in Africa is no longer about love but who is head and who should submit and how to be a woman with manners. If only we could teach couple how to love each other all these issues will not be there.

now let forget about couples because i know you are not married yet.
How many of your friends have you teach how to be well manner and how to love?
Secondly, are well manner?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
no comment

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: coogar,i am being realistic,objective and balanced here,its not about petty sentiments,put sentiments aside.i dont support that anyone should be a leech on any body but for goodness sakes add value to yourself so that you will be able to add value to your partner,she too add value to you,that way you get to complement each other,jeez!

his objective is to take care of his wife got me laughing - why can't a feminist take care of herself? maybe he's not interested in rushing to have kids yet or is there a law that says a woman must start popping babies out a month after her wedding?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
Miner13:

are you sure kulyie make up this statement on this thread on somewhere?. Because i can't find it

Kulyie you get this to answer
lmao grin chaircover is just blowing things out of proportion for reasons best known to her.

i never in anywhere said anyone earning 60-70 should not marry,i am only saying the guy should put first things first.at least to avoid future financial frustrations,he should first establish himself before he talks of marriage

abi shey iyen ti wa poju ni cheesy

chaircover den pon akisa ni jebele grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

If I Resist Him, He'll Beat Me -lady Speaks On Husband's Insatiable Libido / My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar. / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.