Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,589 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Rochas Has Done It Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Has Done It Again (2691 Views)

Hurray! Rochas Has Done It Again. / Rochas Has "Killed" Ohakim: Live On AIT / Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Has Done It Again by gratiaeo(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
what a bomba xmas for Imo people! today Owelle has done it again. all the 637 traditional rulers in the state, went home smiling as splashes xmas gift to them. approves 30000naira each for the Ezes, 10000 naira each for their wives and a bag of rice each. Tomorrow will be for workers, Imo is getting "better".............. are they (Ndi Eze) lossing the respect as a traditional ruler or is it the right way?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by go4value(m): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
first to comment................

End time tins...........

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Ikengawo: 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
This man needs to be arrested. Imo used to be a shining standard in the whole of Nigeria. We're in the grasp of a lunatic

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
gratiaeo: what a bomba xmas for Imo people! today Owelle has done it again. all the 637 traditional rulers in the state, went home smiling as splashes xmas gift to them. approves 30000naira each for the Ezes, 10000 naira each for their wives and a bag of rice each. Tomorrow will be for workers, Imo is getting "better".............. are they (Ndi Eze) lossing the respect as a traditional ruler or is it the right way?

Are Imo traditional rulers and their eives that cheap and hungry? While Obi shared SUVs, Rochas is sharing #30,000 and rice. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by gratiaeo(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Where did he get that kind of money since bank are not working for a long time in Imo state
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ikengawo: This man needs to be arrested. Imo used to be a shining standard in the whole of Nigeria. We're in the grasp of a lunatic

I share your sentiments. Why on Earth should a Governor be splashing Imo State funds on traditional rulers. Are they officials of the State government?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by naijaking1: 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
My Eze has 12 wives. Will that be 120, 000 naira for the wives and 30,000 for him?
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Ikengawo: 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Are Imo traditional rulers and their eives that cheap and hungry? While Obi shared SUVs, Rochas is sharing #30,000 and rice. SMH!

They're extremely cheap and hungry. I have no respect for 'traditional rulers' that only started in the 1980s. It's a joke and should, as soon as possible, be abolished in Imo state. To say these hungry bastards are the most preeminent members of our community as they line up for bags of rice is completely insulting and degrading. No dignity. Imagine the queen of england getting a bag of rice.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by gratiaeo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Abagworo will explain better.
Mallan alhaji rochas is giving sadaka to his alamajiri's for people to tag him ome nma

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by gratiaeo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
CFCfan:

I share your sentiments. Why on Earth should a Governor be splashing Imo State funds on traditional rulers. Are they officials of the State government?
Man that is rochascracy. I love that system of govt
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Left for me, all this autonomous communities should b merged! Imagine my tiny community has been divided into many autonomous communities! For years, many of d 'ezes' are still "eze-elect". Traditional institution sucks in Imo state. Rochas will just wake up one day n does what he dreamt at night without following due process, running the state as if its rochas foundation. There is a lot difference running a philanthropic foundation and running a government
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Oduduwaisreal(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
i choose not to believe this
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
[b] Sincerely speaking i'm not a fan of how we(Igbos) most times pull our own down, Rochas is dolling out just a meagre #30,000 to tradtional rulers and it's a big news. But neither of you said anything when P.Obi distributed 200 Suvs to traditional rulers in an election season. We all might despise Rochas for dumping 'Our' party to join the party of you know who, but that should not blind us into not commmending something good when we see one. Tell me, what initiative of Rochas have we ever applauded since he left Apga? Need i remind you sycophants that Rochas Remains the only Governor in the East that has properly immortalised Ojukwu? He was the 1st person to build and rename a cultural centre in his name and Heroe's square in Owerri is in Ojukwu's memory. What have other Governor's in the east done for our great Ikemba? P.obi renamed an already named street after him and named a university just few days to election in his name( we all know what for). I hate it when people pokenose unneccesarily. Imo people elected Rochas, they should be the ones to tackle him if they feel he's stepping out of bounds! The rest of you should just go and face your villages! angry O ginidi! Rochas this, Rochas that! Go and get a life @ OP![/b]

8 Likes

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IGBOSON1: 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
naijaking1: My Eze has 12 wives. Will that be 120, 000 naira for the wives and 30,000 for him?

^^^Nice hustle! wink
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Meringe(m): 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Sincerely speaking i'm not a fan of how we(Igbos) most times pull our own down, Rochas is dolling out just a meagre #30,000 to tradtional rulers and it's a big news. But neither of you said anything when P.Obi distributed 200 Suvs to traditional rulers in an election season. We all might despise Rochas for dumping 'Our' party to join the party of you know who, but that should not blind us into not commmending something good when we see one. Tell me, what initiative of Rochas have we ever applauded since he left Apga? Need i remind you sycophants that Rochas Remains the only Governor in the East that has properly immortalised Ojukwu? He was the 1st person to build and rename a cultural centre in his name and Heroe's square in Owerri is in Ojukwu's memory. What have other Governor's in the east done for our great Ikemba? P.obi renamed an already named street after him and named a university just few days to election in his name( we all know what for). I hate it when people pokenose unneccesarily. Imo people elected Rochas, they should be the ones to tackle him if they feel he's stepping out of bounds! The rest of you should just go and face your villages! angry O ginidi! Rochas this, Rochas that! Go and get a life @ OP![/b]
You spoke my mind!!!

They should come to Abia State and see the worst.

To me , Owelle Rochas is the best but he still needs to buckle up on his kitchen cabinet cos they are not for his good primarily.

Change many contractors handling major projects.

Reshuffle the Inner caucus.

Change the HOD works though he is a close allie .

Keep some of family from his govt.

Recall back those people that worked for him during the last election.
People protected his votes e.g GOLD CARD members.

The worst mistake Ohakim did was his thought on using core politicians to win election which failed him.
Owelle is toying that line, he has forgotten that they were not they ones that helped him. He has abandoned the original people, now romancing with the people who even took a picture of him holding result sheet.

OWELLE go back to the drawing board.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Feraz(m): 12:10am On Dec 17, 2013
What in the world is wrong with SEastern governors? First, it was Peter Obi of Anambra state and now, it is Rochas of Imo state. Tomorrow, it will be T.A. Orji (that is if he hasn't done his). I think those of us travelling this xmas should make it a point of duty to always visit the state house and demand for better governance and demand that they stop this reckless spending of the state monetary resources.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Ngwakwe: 1:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Make sure you come home with your tax especially PAYE

Feraz: What in the world is wrong with SEastern governors? First, it was Peter Obi of Anambra state and now, it is Rochas of Imo state. Tomorrow, it will be T.A. Orji (that is if he hasn't done his). I think those of us travelling this xmas should make it a point of duty to always visit the state house and demand for better governance and demand that they stop this reckless spending of the state monetary resources.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Ikengawo: 1:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Orji is only considered a bad governor on the internet. Don't be fooled by this communication device. It's a communication and thus governors that put efforts into communication the most such as the APC ones and Rochas, look like heros while one's that have no time for twitter and facebook like many in the the middle belt, the governor of ebonyi, and imoke are either forgotten or look like they're 'not doing anything'.

I can tell you that pound for pound Orji is doing and has done a LOT more for his state than Rochas. It has nothing to do with joining any party. People are tired of Rochas being an eccentric noisemaker because our state is becoming a joke and nothing is truly happening. It's looking like quite effective governance is what the SE prefers, trying to strum up a cult of personality and deify yourself because you're governor is alien to us and right now i feel like my state is falling behind while Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi are moving forward. If you don't believe me, tell and show me what Rochas has done in Imo.

Rochas has been stealing land in Owerri, he came to Houston Texas not to long ago and was giving out Imo State's money like it was water. He's using our resources to fund failed APC campaigns like Ngige. He hired a nude model as our youth ambassador, indebted our state, and allowed Osun to house it's indigines in our state for the sake of destroying law and order in Anambra.

Now he's giving out bags of rice to hungry bastards, why? Because it will make noise on the internet. This guy is not governing like a modern igbo man, his mentality is foreign and his mannerisms are abominable.

3 Likes

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2013
CFCfan:

bros, all that money put together is not enuff to steal in one day by a thieving politician...

Let him give them abeg...

If its PDP, it will be worst...

That being said, rochas is only a rich man, he is not a good leader in any way. But he is too stubborn to admit that
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: [b] Sincerely speaking i'm not a fan of how we(Igbos) most times pull our own down, Rochas is dolling out just a meagre #30,000 to tradtional rulers and it's a big news. But neither of you said anything when P.Obi distributed 200 Suvs to traditional rulers in an election season. We all might despise Rochas for dumping 'Our' party to join the party of you know who, but that should not blind us into not commmending something good when we see one. Tell me, what initiative of Rochas have we ever applauded since he left Apga? Need i remind you sycophants that Rochas Remains the only Governor in the East that has properly immortalised Ojukwu? He was the 1st person to build and rename a cultural centre in his name and Heroe's square in Owerri is in Ojukwu's memory. What have other Governor's in the east done for our great Ikemba? P.obi renamed an already named street after him and named a university just few days to election in his name( we all know what for). I hate it when people pokenose unneccesarily. Imo people elected Rochas, they should be the ones to tackle him if they feel he's stepping out of bounds! The rest of you should just go and face your villages! angry O ginidi! Rochas this, Rochas that! Go and get a life @ OP![/b]

And who applauded Peter obi for sharing cars?
So, left for u, Rochas did sth right?
Rochas did all those good tnz abt ojukwu when he was still a better person,; moreover, renaming a school with Ojukwu is more immortalizing than any other thing.
I don't know what u are talking abt. Stop bringing party into this.
Like sb said: there is a diff btw governance and undue philanthropy.
Ma o maghi ihe o Ji ego state eme, ya hapu ya na bank ka o na ekwu ume. Kee nke bu I bunye ndi igwe akpa rice na 30000.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by NnamdiN: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2013
Ikengawo: Orji is only considered a bad governor on the internet. Don't be fooled by this communication device. It's a communication and thus governors that put efforts into communication the most such as the APC ones and Rochas, look like heros while one's that have no time for twitter and facebook like many in the the middle belt, the governor of ebonyi, and imoke are either forgotten or look like they're 'not doing anything'.

I can tell you that pound for pound Orji is doing and has done a LOT more for his state than Rochas. It has nothing to do with joining any party. People are tired of Rochas being an eccentric noisemaker because our state is becoming a joke and nothing is truly happening. It's looking like quite effective governance is what the SE prefers, trying to strum up a cult of personality and deify yourself because you're governor is alien to us and right now i feel like my state is falling behind while Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi are moving forward. If you don't believe me, tell and show me what Rochas has done in Imo.

Rochas has been stealing land in Owerri, he came to Houston Texas not to long ago and was giving out Imo State's money like it was water. He's using our resources to fund failed APC campaigns like Ngige. He hired a nude model as our youth ambassador, indebted our state, and allowed Osun to house it's indigines in our state for the sake of destroying law and order in Anambra.

Now he's giving out bags of rice to hungry bastards, why? Because it will make noise on the internet. This guy is not governing like a modern igbo man, his mentality is foreign and his mannerisms are abominable.

easy with your lies bro. Is Aba not part of Abia state? Went there yesterday,it was worse than how I left it 7 years ago.
calling T.A orji an underperformer is an insult to underperformers. He's the worst governor in the world bro. The very worst. Wonder what Abia people did to deserve that kinda curse
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by amanda2013(f): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2013
NnamdiN: easy with your lies bro. Is Aba not part of Abia state? Went there yesterday,it was worse than how I left it 7 years ago.
calling T.A orji an underperformer is an insult to underperformers. He's the worst governor in the world bro. The very worst. Wonder what Abia people did to deserve that kinda curse
u are on point.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Abagworo(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2013
Ikengawo: Orji is only considered a bad governor on the internet. Don't be fooled by this communication device. It's a communication and thus governors that put efforts into communication the most such as the APC ones and Rochas, look like heros while one's that have no time for twitter and facebook like many in the the middle belt, the governor of ebonyi, and imoke are either forgotten or look like they're 'not doing anything'.

Keep on dying in bitterness. Unlike Jonathan, Rochas has continued to work amidst attacks from your likes who see the truth and write lies. Infact he shouldn't even have given them at all. Left for me its better to give it to selected poor people.

Rochas tried to move IMSU to his already acquired land and people were fighting him and prefer IMSU to remain a glorified school. As a democrat, he heeded to the call to abort the move.

The only thing I hold against Rochas is that he's correcting the mistake of badly constructed roads done by the past regimes like Wetheral, Bank Road, Orlu Road and Okigwe Road while his own Roads are exactly like the old ones he's busy correcting. However I must give it to him for successfully managing our meagre resources amidst several difficulties to achieve the level of work done in 2 and half years even though most are not completed.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by amaboss(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2013

You've made a point, but are you in Imo? How could a governor who claims he loves his state, shut down all banks in the state during a festive period like this?
Do you know that if he opens all banks today, the rush will be so much from now till Friday and markets will be so filled up that not everyone will buy all what they need.
He's sharing #30000 to Ezes, can you give Sultan of Sokoto #50000 as Christmas gift?
I heard that the general hospital at Umuguma have been protesting because their 7 months salary have not been paid. This is a state hospital and he can't manage it properly yet he goes ahead to build more hospitals in various LGAs in the state forgetting that those LGAs have existing dilapidated hospitals.
May God help Imolites!
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IKEMBANNEWI: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Abagworo:

Keep on dying in bitterness. Unlike Jonathan, Rochas has continued to work amidst attacks from your likes who see the truth and write lies. Infact he shouldn't even have given them at all. Left for me its better to give it to selected poor people.

Rochas tried to move IMSU to his already acquired land and people were fighting him and prefer IMSU to remain a glorified school. As a democrat, he heeded to the call to abort the move.

The only thing I hold against Rochas is that he's correcting the mistake of badly constructed roads done by the past regimes like Wetheral, Bank Road, Orlu Road and Okigwe Road while his own Roads are exactly like the old ones he's busy correcting. However I must give it to him for successfully managing our meagre ENORMOUS resources amidst several difficulties to achieve the level of work done in 2 and half years even though most are not completed.
you call #197 billion meagre resource? Do you know Sullivan will change Enugu to Durban with that amount @ his disposal?That's like the Budget of Anambra and Enugu trumped together! Imo has money, just that you guys have not been so lucky with your leaders! I expect Imo's budget to be higher than #200B for 2014.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: you call #197 billion meagre resource? Do you know Sullivan will change Enugu to Durban with that amount @ his disposal?That's like the Budget of Anambra and Enugu trumped together! Imo has money, just that you guys have not been so lucky with your leaders! I expect Imo's budget to be higher than #200B for 2014.

I don't know about that but what I really know is that Imo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra receive almost equal allocation which ranges between 2.8billion and 3.5billion at most. All the Southeast States have meagre allocations as I've always acknowledged but going by Rochas pace, by the time he stays 6 and half years like most other Governors, the changes will be tremendous. People fail to recognize the fact that he has 4 years gap to meet up with before comparing his completed projects with others.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IKEMBANNEWI: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't know about that [s]but what I really know is that Imo, Abia, Enugu and Anambra receive almost equal allocation which ranges between 2.8billion and 3.5billion at most[/s]. All the Southeast States have meagre allocations as I've always acknowledged but going by Rochas pace, by the time he stays 6 and half years like most other Governors, the changes will be tremendous. People fail to recognize the fact that he has 4 years gap to meet up with before comparing his completed projects with others.
OWERRI—Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has
presented a budget proposal of N197,743,684,031 to the
state House of Assembly for the 2013 fiscal year

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/okorocha-presents-2013-budget-to-assembly/

Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime on Wednesday
signed the 2013 state’s appropriation bill of over
eighty-three billion naira (83,785,203,408) into law.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/06/chime-signs-n83billion-enugu-2013-budget-into-law/
can you now see the folly in your assertions? While Chime works with a meagre #83B, Rochas woks with twice that and you expect Rochas to be applauded if he performs no better than Chime? Please throw that ''SE gets meagre resources'' notion into the gutter, cos it's glaring Clear some states are richer than others!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI:
OWERRI—Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has
presented a budget proposal of N197,743,684,031 to the
state House of Assembly for the 2013 fiscal year

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/okorocha-presents-2013-budget-to-assembly/

Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime on Wednesday
signed the 2013 state’s appropriation bill of over
eighty-three billion naira (83,785,203,408) into law.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/06/chime-signs-n83billion-enugu-2013-budget-into-law/
can you now see the folly in your assertions? While Chime works with a meagre #83B, Rochas woks with twice that and you expect Rochas to be applauded if he performs no better than Chime? Please throw that ''SE gets meagre resources'' notion into the gutter, cos it's glaring Clear some states are richer than others!

But you still have to agree that there's no way you can compare 2 and half years to 6 and half years. 4 years is a whole tenure and you have to put that into consideration. I think this chart will help clarify some issues.

Or you can visit this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/547057/rich-poor-states-how-states

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by jpphilips(m): 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2013

Are you related to basket mouth?
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by DerideGull(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ikengawo: This man needs to be arrested. Imo used to be a shining standard in the whole of Nigeria. We're in the grasp of a lunatic

The man is the reason your parents will warn you about the areas in Nigeria you would want to take a wife or raise your children. There is always wisdom in your parents.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by 99100(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
@op,
joke of the year.
30k is too minute a gift for an Eze. An Eze can give out more of such amount as Xmas gift.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IKEMBANNEWI: 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
DerideGull:

The man is the reason your parents will warn you about the areas in Nigeria you would want to take a wife or raise your children. There is always wisdom in your parents.
Dede, i'm really dissappointed! I used to think it was kids that engaged in that ''My mother said i should not marry from...'' stuff, i never knew an aged man like you whom we the youngsters of this forum should be looking upto is equally partisan you and people like you are the reason other igbos see Anambra people as''Supremacists'' . I dont see an Igbo from Aba,Owerri,Asaba,Nsukka as any different from me! And when i'm ready for Marriage any woman the lot falls on be she from any part of Igboland is who i'm gonaa marry, no matter what anybody says!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

By Our own Collation , PDP Is ahead Of APC — Fani-kayode / Military Launches Intense Airstrikes On Bama With Full Force Against Boko Haram / Breaking News: Life From Aso Rok, No Election, GEJ N Buharin Just Wed(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.