Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Rochas Has Done It Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Has Done It Again (2693 Views)

Hurray! Rochas Has Done It Again. / Rochas Has "Killed" Ohakim: Live On AIT / Rochas Has Done It Again As Imo Councils Get N27b For Capital Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Feraz(m): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
DerideGull:

The man is the reason your parents will warn you about the areas in Nigeria you would want to take a wife or raise your children. There is always wisdom in your parents.
Haba! Dede! E never reach this level!
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by 1025: 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ikengawo: This man needs to be arrested. Imo used to be a shining standard in the whole of Nigeria. We're in the grasp of a lunatic

when and in which year was imo the shinning light oga and under whose govt are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by DerideGull(m): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Dede, i'm really dissappointed! I used to think it was kids that engaged in that ''My mother said i should not marry from...'' stuff, i never knew an aged man like you whom we the youngsters of this forum should be looking upto is equally partisan you and people like you are the reason other igbos see Anambra people as''Supremacists'' . I dont see an Igbo from Aba,Owerri,Asaba,Nsukka as any different from me! And when i'm ready for Marriage any woman the lot falls on be she from any part of Igboland is who i'm gonaa marry, no matter what anybody says!

I stand hundred percent on my statement. I had never confused conformism with realism. I have no business in partisanship but will not allow the idiocy of counter culture in my family. I am with you on the grounds of marrying from Igbo land. But in the context of Nigeria, one thing I shall not tolerate is the fact of turning my back to the wisdom of my parents. Most people are raising their kids in USA and one shall be foolish to expect the social and culture decorum expected of a child raised in Igbo land. Mallam Rochas Okorocha is raised in northern region of Nigeria and his idiosyncrasy leaves much to be desired.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by ChinoElects1: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
DerideGull:

I stand hundred percent on my statement. I had never confused conformism with realism. I have no business in partisanship but will not allow the idiocy of counter culture in my family. I am with you on the grounds of marrying from Igbo land. But in the context of Nigeria, one thing I shall not tolerate is the fact of turning my back to the wisdom of my parents. Most people are raising their kids in USA and one shall be foolish to expect the social and culture decorum expected of a child raised in Igbo land. Mallam Rochas Okorocha is raised in northern region of Nigeria and his idiosyncrasy leaves much to be desired.

I think you are right on this. I learnt his paternity was traced to Taraba..not confirmed though.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ikengawo: Orji is only considered a bad governor on the internet. Don't be fooled by this communication device. It's a communication and thus governors that put efforts into communication the most such as the APC ones and Rochas, look like heros while one's that have no time for twitter and facebook like many in the the middle belt, the governor of ebonyi, and imoke are either forgotten or look like they're 'not doing anything'.

I can tell you that pound for pound Orji is doing and has done a LOT more for his state than Rochas. It has nothing to do with joining any party. People are tired of Rochas being an eccentric noisemaker because our state is becoming a joke and nothing is truly happening. It's looking like quite effective governance is what the SE prefers, trying to strum up a cult of personality and deify yourself because you're governor is alien to us and right now i feel like my state is falling behind while Anambra, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi are moving forward. If you don't believe me, tell and show me what Rochas has done in Imo.

Rochas has been stealing land in Owerri, he came to Houston Texas not to long ago and was giving out Imo State's money like it was water. He's using our resources to fund failed APC campaigns like Ngige. He hired a nude model as our youth ambassador, indebted our state, and allowed Osun to house it's indigines in our state for the sake of destroying law and order in Anambra.

Now he's giving out bags of rice to hungry bastards, why? Because it will make noise on the internet. This guy is not governing like a modern igbo man, his mentality is foreign and his mannerisms are abominable.

Its easy to type lies in this internet age and also difficult to prove them. His 2 and half years is nascent when compared with 6 and half years which others. Have stayed but I can assure you that in terms of infrastructure and urban renewal, he's gone miles ahead.

What anyone could have complained about is the quality of some roads but one cannot deny the glaring changes. Do you remember how that area which we now call Ojukwu boulevard was as at 2011? Do you remember how Wetheral road was as at 2011? Do you remember how Orlu township was as at 2011? Do you remember how schools in Imo State were as at 2011? Do you remember that there were only 2 bridges across Nworie River as at 2011? Do you know that there are 5 bridges now and that 2 have been reconstructed at Nekede Road and another at Egbeda? Even that Library junction and where we have Rockview today was a dilapidated Modotel surrounded by open drainages as at 2011. Pictures are there for all to see. Meanwhile these are in Owerri. Do you know that a modern market has been built at Obowu near Imo River? Rochas has not been advertising his achievements but as someone that visits Imo State once in a while I can attest and swear to the obvious changes going on at a reasonable pace.

Here is what another Nairalander that happened to pass through Imo State had to say in uthmost good faith.

FACE: Ok, I didn't just drop down from the sky to Umuahia. I passed through some areas from Owerri to Mbaise to Obowo before getting to Umuahia. Owerri has actually burst at the seams and many suburbs are now firmly in Owerri and it is rapidly expanding. Whoever says that Rochas has done nothing in Owerri is full of BS.I can't hold brief for him in other areas but I had a glimpse of Okigwe (Owerri Road) on my way to Enugu from Umuahia. So my Umuahia
pictures will start from Imo state.

www.nairaland.com/1530879/welcome-umuahia#19780591
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by IKEMBANNEWI: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
DerideGull:

Oh really? So what of me that was born and bred in Sokoto and had lived there all my life(only returning to Igboland recently) does that make me any less Igbo? Would that hinder me from enjoying any patrimony accruieng to me as someone with Igbo blood? Please make claims based on facts and not emotions! Da'alus so
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by DerideGull(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
Chino.Elects:

I think you are right on this. I learnt his paternity was traced to Taraba..not confirmed though.

I am not known to mince words on any issue. It is an act of plain foolery to expect a child born and raised in USA be entrusted with leadership in Igbo land. If anybody wants to swim in the idiocy called "modern world", the person needs to ask why the same so-called modern nations are bent on tight immigration laws and maintenance of cultural purity. Why have European Princes and Princesses not invaded Africa looking for wives and husbands?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by DerideGull(m): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Oh really? So what of me that was born and bred in Sokoto and had lived there all my life(only returning to Igboland recently) does that make me any less Igbo? Would that hinder me from enjoying any patrimony accruieng to me as someone with Igbo blood? Please make claims based on facts and not emotions! Da'alus so

My statement does not border on who is more Igbo than the other. However the behavioral mannerism you have adopted from the place of your childhood must come to play in social interaction with the people of your ancestral background who might term such behaviors as strange.
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by DerideGull(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Abagworo:

Its easy to type lies in this internet age and also difficult to prove them. His 2 and half years is nascent when compared with 6 and half years which others. Have stayed but I can assure you that in terms of infrastructure and urban renewal, he's gone miles ahead.

What anyone could have complained about is the quality of some roads but one cannot deny the glaring changes. Do you remember how that area which we now call Ojukwu boulevard was as at 2011? Do you remember how Wetheral road was as at 2011? Do you remember how Orlu township was as at 2011? Do you remember how schools in Imo State were as at 2011? Do you remember that there were only 2 bridges across Nworie River as at 2011? Do you know that there are 5 bridges now and that 2 have been reconstructed at Nekede Road and another at Egbeda? Even that Library junction and where we have Rockview today was a dilapidated Modotel surrounded by open drainages as at 2011. Pictures are there for all to see. Meanwhile these are in Owerri. Do you know that a modern market has been built at Obowu near Imo River? Rochas has not been advertising his achievements but as someone that visits Imo State once in a while I can attest and swear to the obvious changes going on at a reasonable pace.

Here is what another Nairalander that happened to pass through Imo State had to say in uthmost good faith.

www.nairaland.com/1530879/welcome-umuahia#19780591

"FACE: Ok, I didn't just drop down from the sky to Umuahia. I passed through some areas from Owerri to Mbaise to Obowo before getting to Umuahia. Owerri has actually burst at the seams and many suburbs are now firmly in Owerri and it is rapidly expanding. Whoever says that Rochas has done nothing in Owerri is full of BS.I can't hold brief for him in other areas but I had a glimpse of Okigwe (Owerri Road) on my way to Enugu from Umuahia. So my Umuahia pictures will start from Imo state."

You honestly believed the above crap about Owerre and its suburb were as a result of Okorocha's two and half years as governor of Imo State. Owerre had already expanded toward Orji and Egbu when Mallam Rochas Okorocha was a butler to late Solomon Lar.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

I am not known to mince words on any issue. It is an act of plain foolery to expect a child born and raised in USA be entrusted with leadership in Igbo land. If anybody wants to swim in the idiocy called "modern world", the person needs to ask why the same so-called modern nations are bent on tight immigration laws and maintenance of cultural purity. Why have European Princes and Princesses not invaded Africa looking for wives and husbands?

Lil @ European royalties swarming Africa in search of spouses, Una no go kill person for here
Re: Rochas Has Done It Again by Ikengawo: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2013
DerideGull:

"FACE: Ok, I didn't just drop down from the sky to Umuahia. I passed through some areas from Owerri to Mbaise to Obowo before getting to Umuahia. Owerri has actually burst at the seams and many suburbs are now firmly in Owerri and it is rapidly expanding. Whoever says that Rochas has done nothing in Owerri is full of BS.I can't hold brief for him in other areas but I had a glimpse of Okigwe (Owerri Road) on my way to Enugu from Umuahia. So my Umuahia pictures will start from Imo state."

You honestly believed the above crap about Owerre and its suburb were as a result of Okorocha's two and half years as governor of Imo State. Owerre had already expanded toward Orji and Egbu when Mallam Rochas Okorocha was a butler to late Solomon Lar.

Exactly. People keep attributing the success of imolites to that compound bastard's government.

What has be BUILT, what has he DONE. There's a stupid 'owerri city school' and that's about it i don't even know if the free education is real or a mirage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Never Conceded The Election To Fayose”Gov Fayemi Makes Incredible About-turn / By Our own Collation , PDP Is ahead Of APC — Fani-kayode / UPDATE: Figures And Percentage Of PVC Collection As At February 13th, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.