Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! (21072 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Sekpeagah: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote
author=cyril10]May be they are angry that our national cake is not
flowing the[quote
author=cyril10]May be they are angry that our national cake is not
flowing the way it used to. They are angry Okonjo Iweala is not
releasing public fund for them to share the way it used to be.[/quote] way it used to. They are angry Okonjo Iweala is not
releasing public fund for them to share the way it used to be.[/quote] i agree wit u

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by najoke: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kudos to the house of rep members.......I luv the way they handled this.

Go home, read the question(expo) and come back in 2 weeks when u r not "sick" and in the right frame of mind so that 2mrw u wont say "i told them i was sick o!".

PS: who even ask if her if she sick or not,WAS SHE INVITED TO COME AND DISCUSS HER HEALTH .......dts the question those supporting her should ask

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by koboko69: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

State one "good thing" your said honorable has done.
And you call the finance of the economy "just"?

You should go back to class, ASUU's strike has been called off!

Chia. Which kain people be this one na. Do u have sense....? Can't u distinguish between an elected official and a selected one. Do u even knw what they do in the house of assembly. How can u be asking what a rep has done? She is 'just' cos mr president can wake up tmr and decide to sack is cabinet... Or sack any minister he appointed. U are the one still in uni...I'm way beyond that. Go back to sch...cos u are one of the reasons ASUU went on strike in the 1st place.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manosteel(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
bappahman:
Abdulmumin attended Army Primary
School Janguza, Kano (1983 – 1986)
before moving to Command Children
School Jaji, Kaduna (1986 – 1988). He
had his secondary education at Science
Secondary School Abaji, Abuja
(1989-1992) and Bwari Secondary School,
Abuja (1992-1994)
He later proceeded for his higher
education and bagged a Bachelor’s
degree in Political Science at the
University of Abuja, Nigeria in 1999; M.sc
in International Affairs and Diplomacy at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
2003 and PhD in International Relations at
the University of Abuja Nigeria in 2009.
He also attended London Business School
2009, Harvard Business School 2010,
International Business House, London
2009 and European Institute of Business
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
graduated and obtained various
certificates in General Management,
Global Economy Crisis, Negotiation,
Competitive Decision and Deal Process,
Comprehensive Leadership Development,
International oil Trading (IBH) and
Telecommunications Strategy and
Marketing. He's presently an MBA student
at the SBS - Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland 2012 to date.
Abdulmumin is an alumnus of London and
Harvard Business School.
So as a result of this, person no go hear word because of him again. He should try and ask madam Minister how many of these she's got.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Fraternize(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
From what i could deduce from the altercation which ensued between the minister and the chairman of the committee, i could clearly see a clash between confidence and cowardice, a clash between the educational and "experience" credentials of the minister and that of the chairman.
clearly, and i stand to be corrected, the chairman of the committee chickened out. Imagine, he got up from his chair in a move to leave the chamber when the minister was still seated. The minister was clearly in control of the session. I duff my hat for madam Okonjo ja re

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by bankyblue(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
1MCN:

You didn't watch that video clip and so can never tell how courteous or cranky Jibrin spoke. Your CV for him does not help in any way. In fact, if we must accept the CV it means he was only found worthy in learning and no character by those who graduated him. Of course I don't want to embarrass you with Mrs Ngozi's CV.

God bless u for that reply, him and his Hon. Will both cry if they finish reading her CV

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by najoke: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
Fraternize: From what i could deduce from the altercation which ensued between the minister and the chairman of the committee, i could clearly see a clash between confidence and cowardice, a clash between the educational and "experience" credentials of the minister and that of the chairman.
clearly, and i stand to be corrected, the chairman of the committee chickened out. Imagine, he got up from his chair in a move to leave the chamber when the minister was still seated. The minister was clearly in control of the session. I duff my hat for madam Okonjo ja re
^
what is this one saying

ask urself this question.....DID ANYBODY ASK HER ABOUT HER HEALTH,DID THEY INVITE HER OVER TO TALK ABOUT HER HEALTH.............all degrees in the world does not mean u have wisdom o!

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by BabaO2: 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
bankyblue:

God bless u for that reply, him and his Hon. Will both cry if they finish reading her CV
Forget that, u can have intimidating CV and still fail an interview which is what has just happened to her.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by TechWalker007: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69:

Chia. Which kain people be this one na. Do u have sense....? Can't u distinguish between an elected official and a selected one. Do u even knw what they do in the house of assembly. How van u be asking what a rep has done? She is 'just' cos mr president can wake up tmr and decide to sack is cabinet... Or sack any minister he appointed. U ate the one still in uni...I'm way beyond that. Go back to sch...cos u are one of the reasons ASUU went on strike in the 1st place.

I know exactly what reps do, so I'm asking again, what has he done for you, the people of his constituency and Nigeria at large as an individual and as a rep?

How many bills has he sponsored? What can you attribute to his constituency that he lobbied for with his place as a rep?
Let's not even go into the bolded part of your post, it's for another thread.
NOI just caged Sanusi who is more intellectual and more respected in Nigeria than any tout in the guise of a rep.

And for the records, my lecturers contact me till date for "solutions". After several years.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
Baba_O:
Forget that, u can have intimidating CV and still fail an interview which is what has just happened to her.

How did she fail the interview ?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by unmask: 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Although talking in a rude tone is bad, but what I can get from this is that the committee was trying to avoid a situation where her sickness will be used as an excuse not to attend to some matters...... So in telling her to go home with the questions, they did the right thing...... However, she insisting she wants to answer the question, allows one to ask why then did she inform them at the start she was sick?

A boy in secondary school would play the I am sick card to get out of punishment, same with an employee to get out of excess work..... So obviously NOI's little information at the start of the session was to serve a kind of purpose..... Which I am sure is what the committee perceived before asking her to go away with the questions..........

Now imagine a student that is about to be given labour who informs his instructor that he is ill...... The instructor asks the student to go and rest and come back later, all of a sudden the student insists on doing his labour....... You as an instructor won't you be shocked?

It shouldn't all be about sentiment...... NOI set the ball rolling....... And if the chairman was anything other than gentlemanly, then he too should be held accountable

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by oluxy(m): 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
What u guys don't understand about d chairman is this; in Hausa man, women don't be in position to control rather to be slave and be instructed. Women don't talk when they talk.
But he thought is in his house that's why he insisted he has ruled and he has ruled.

It is uncivil if I may say. Whatever thing ruled can be unrule because it is democracy and we are human.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by guyosict(m): 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69:
Educated eeediot.....Do u read to understand at all.ur head is not only meant for giving aggressive heading......its meant for thinking too!

U are D biggest fool in d world, get some senes into ur brain
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
tivereegega: WHAT A NICE CV, HOPE TO AV SOM IN 4YRS TIME. AT LEAST AV BEN ABLE TO ACHIVE ABOUT FIVE OF WHAT HE ACHIVE.
JUST APPLY FOR Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland PLS PALS PUT ME IN UR PRAYERS.

TNKS............

Abuja (1992-1994)
[b]Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 w[/b]here he
Harvard Business School.

BULLLLSHIIIT, every higher degree he got was just from this 2009, Let that woman send you the CV of her first son, not even hers, then that mallam go go hide. What an insubordinate and Disrespect , he needs to be flogged

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by unmask: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
bankyblue:

The person that posted jibrin's cv didn't post it because he was trying to compare with NOI's....... He put it up because someone called the man uneducated and an illiterate...... He just wanted to show that the man was educated...... And not some comparison contest as some of you see it

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Klinee: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
Who is she? Why cnt she obey the order of hon. members can she try this in US.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Youngzedd(m): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
enigmang:

It's actually the way the commitee chairman was talking that was very irritating. It seemed as if he had serious beef for the woman . If you watched the skit you'll know the more civilised person... You musn't raise your voice or be disrespectful to make a point.i love the way Okonjo handled the issue..

Exactly what happened.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by TechWalker007: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
It is quite unfortunate that we put sentiments to our contribution at every opportunities in a matter like this. If the honourable minsiter could visit the house committee for a meeting that concerns economy situation of the country ( where billions of dollars has been allegedely missing from subsidy money) on the platform of not feeling fine but will manage to answer some questions. The Chairman house committee deemed it fit to give her time to come back of which I believe he did. She was walked out when she insited that she is going to respond to the questions which I believe might be too much for her health (50 Question), if she is really sick as she claimed.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by seangy4konji: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
You are all stupid corrupt people..If you like eat and tear your flesh..it nor concern me...U not=r fit repair Nigeria and you self deh see foreign as it be but u not wan do am...If you like Go and Die all of you.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by SUBMARINE: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
When she insisted on tanswering the questions the honourable should have continued the proceedings.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by SUBMARINE: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
When she insisted on answering the questions the honourable should have continued the proceedings.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by iheneme(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
I read the whole post painstakingly and did not see anywhere NOI said she could not field the committee's questions on account of her ill health. She actually did say that she would answer their questions to the best of her ability. She also had a formidable team with her that was also very ready for the committee's questions. There is no denying the fact that in the recent past Senate/House Committees have not had it good with invited/summoned Ministers/individuals (particularly female ministers). Recall the cases of Hembe/Oteh, Farouk/Otedola, etc. This committee chairman in question is obviously jealous of the larger-than-life personality of NOI and just couldn't handle it. In showing his disdain for NOI he threw civility to the wind and betrayed his deep-seated contempt. It's unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by josite: 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
bandiejay: I was watching the interview on channels tv and i learnt something new again from her. Self confidence is good in life oo and knowing how to put it no wonder you see are always at the top

This is not self confidence my broad. This is being clever by half. Why tell them you were sick.,is it not to get a soft treatment and what could be softer than asking her to go and answer the questions in writing at her own pace in the comfort of her own home /office and revert back to the house in 2 weeks time .In a proper polity with an decisive head of state this okonjo wahala and the sanusi lamido who is effective but tactless would have been sacked disgracefully.THE HOUSE REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE AND SOVEREIGNTY BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE,NOT THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by paschalndidi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69: Honourable minister...learn to respect yourself 1st. You could have written a letter or communicated in some other way about ur health for the meeting to be rescheduled if u knew u were indisposed. Making such statements to the committee is totally uncalled for..cos you are indirectly telling that if not that they are Reps...they can GO AND DIE! Or do u have a choice not to respect members of the house? If you are sick go and treat your self 1st so tmr u wouldn't come and tell u were sick when u were giving figures or answering questions....if u can't do that well GO AND DIE!

Its more like your 'oga' asking you to appear before him...on getting there ur utterances are like. Oga, I'm not feeling too well...but cos I respect u that's why came. That is totally uncalled for. WTF is that? I'm 100% sure u will be walked out of that office.
you talked as if you dont know who we ve as reps
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by iheneme(m): 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
bappahman:
Abuja (1992-1994)
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
Harvard Business School.
If to say dey no catch the Toronto guy, na so him too for dey intimidate us
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by SamAfrik(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
The minister shd not have started her conversation with that phrase. Thats too personal for a formal setting like that.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by koboko69: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

I know exactly what reps do, so I'm asking again, what has he done for you, the people of his constituency and Nigeria at large as an individual and as a rep?

How many bills has he sponsored? What can you attribute to his constituency that he lobbied for with his place as a rep?
Let's not even go into the bolded part of your post, it's for another thread.
NOI just caged Sanusi who is more intellectual and more respected in Nigeria than any tout in the guise of a rep.

And for the records, my lecturers contact me till date for "solutions". After several years.

Any sane person that will know sanusi was not caged. That is just a deliberate cover up. Sanusi will never write the president as regards that without proper consultations. He never knew the letter was gonna be leaked to the public. But as usual mr presidents close aides...that he thinks are is friends leaked the letter. Sinusi is only being a reasonable man knowing fully well the implications of the leaked letter...thereby covering the whole thing up yo be treated internally. I will not be supprised if something tangible has hit is swiss account.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by TechWalker007: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69:

Any sane person that will know sanusi was not caged. That is just a deliberate cover up. San us I will never write the president as regards that without proper consultations. He never knew the letter was gonna be leaked to the public. But as usual mr presidents close aides...that he thinks are is friends leaked the letter. Sinusitis is only being a reasonable man knowing fully well the implications of the leaked letter...thereby covering the whole thing up yo be treated internally. I will not be supprised if something tangible has hit is swiss account.

You have a very warped way of thinking. The saddest thing is that you actually think you are smart. angry

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
iheneme: I read the whole post painstakingly and did not see anywhere NOI said she could not field the committee's questions on account of her ill health. She actually did say that she would answer their questions to the best of her ability. She also had a formidable team with her that was also very ready for the committee's questions. There is no denying the fact that in the recent past Senate/House Committees have not had it good with invited/summoned Ministers/individuals (particularly female ministers). Recall the cases of Hembe/Oteh, Farouk/Otedola, etc. This committee chairman in question is obviously jealous of the larger-than-life personality of NOI and just couldn't handle it. In showing his disdain for NOI he threw civility to the wind and betrayed his deep-seated contempt. It's unfortunate.

It all started with NOI telling the committee that she has been sick but will manage to answer the question to the bes of her abilty ( Remember that her ability as at then has something to do with sickness).
Then the Committee chairman and the member decided to allow her to go and respond to the said questions.
Remember the house committee is headed by the chairman who has already gave rule on the matter.
NOI don't have moral right to question the ruling of this committee.
This made the committee chairman to tell her that, She can make any decision at the ministry, but as far as house committee is concerns, He has rule on the issue.
We should respect everybody right under the constitution. I love the chairman of the house because, he knows his right and use it effectively.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
SamAfrik: The minister shd not have started her conversation with that phrase. Thats too personal for a formal setting like that.

You are right.
Enough of all these excuses from the Executives. It tooks Oduah couples of weeks to appear before the house committee.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
josite:

This is not self confidence my broad. This is being clever by half. Why tell them you were sick.,is it not to get a soft treatment and what could be softer than asking her to go and answer the questions in writing at her own pace in the comfort of her own home /office and revert back to the house in 2 weeks time .In a proper polity with an decisive head of state this okonjo wahala and the sanusi lamido who is effective but tactless would have been sacked disgracefully.THE HOUSE REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE AND SOVEREIGNTY BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE,NOT THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL.

Power belong to people if we all know this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Should Explain Its Connection With MEND - PDP / Fayose Visits Family Of One Of The Doctors Who Died Recently In A Car Crash.pics / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Attends RCCG Christmas Carol Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.