Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! (21070 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

Lol... before he adjourned the meeting, did he allow her speak? Yes or NO? He needs to jam the type of Eric who will put him in his place...nonsense.

Yes he did. ....but no more talking after adjournment.. Lesson learned...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 8:23am On Dec 21, 2013
agbameta:

Yes he did. ....but no more talking after adjournment.. Lesson learned...

He did? Haha, may the truth not elude you. Well, guess who was embarrassed... lol

I wish she should have told him his actions were shameful and distasteful for a member of NASS, I'd love to see his face...lol
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Klinee: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2013
Darkaengel: I know I might be banned for this post but I will say my piece. All ye supporting the rep member are as stupid and clueless as he is. Do you realise the more sitting they have they more they eat into our national budget? Besides where in the world would you invite a honourable Minister just to reply questionairres on live tv? Your myopic views about how to run a nation is based on bias and personal wishes. Anywhere in the world people ve to achieve a classless society where our taxpayers money is adequately utilised. Only in Nigeria here is the big man syndrome and position of authority madness so prevalent. Until we learn to accept the fact that we are egotistical and power drunk we cannot move Nigeria forward. The Minister was doing her best to work and they are cing and balancing, what kind of madness moved the rep member to prolong an issue that affects millions of us. 1 million Nigerians live on less than 2 dollars a day and all upid bleeps here run your mouth simply because you have enough fuel to put in your generator to type this shit. I shake mad for the general populace. Wake up and see the abject poverty and suffering our fellow Nigerians are in. We are all eulogising Mandela and wishing Nigeria had someone like him. Please be the change you want to be in society and don't wait for our leaders to turn a leaf because in reality they are our servants.
Your are highest mu.mu of all. What are the duties of rep. members? So is the reps that will alleviate poverty? Is the reps that will build road? They are there to question the excutives and that is what the chairman is doing and your are complaining. They are representing the people and the excutives are the leaders who are suppose to fix those thing. Stop being ignorant or being bias
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by StepG: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2013
tokunboh:

What work experience has he got? From the dates you wrote here, it does seem that our honourable never really worked! What a bunch of charlatans we have in our House of Reps! You can go to all the best schools in the world, without the requisite work experience; you are as useless as the 'p' in psychology!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by bright8(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2013
All the f00ls supporting the rascally rep here are the same persons who have always portrayed disdain for anything/anyone better than them.
Someone once labeled them as people with the "crab mentality".
Fyi, NOI is light years ahead you all. Coming to NL to type rubbish doesn't take away anything from her. Y'all remember Oduah abi? GEJ knows people to work with to move Nigeria forward.
Canoe don leave Una tay tay. Enemies of progress.
Btw,
Returning GEJ to Aso Rock in 2015 is a task that must be accomplished!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by StepG: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2013
Yomieluv: why cant she notify them earlier of her indisposition,so that the agreed meeting could be rescheduled,rather honouring it,and give unsatisfatory remarks.i see it feigning illness to cover for her ineptitude.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by StepG: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2013
Symphony007: The way that commitee chairman spoke to the minister was most disgracefull. I bet that he does'nt have half her qualification. Where would he have seen her to speak to her like that if she was still world bank MD? You give a man small power and her thinks the world is at his feet. These are the kind of commitee chairmen that ministers like denzani maduake and stella oduah should appear before. The clash of ego's would cause an earthquake.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by StepG: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2013
hercules07:

Forget qualifications, the guy is a committee chairman, that is a very powerful position, though the guy maybe a third of her age, he is occupying a position of authority with the responsibility that comes with it, in sane climes, when reps talk, ministers jump.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Delafruita(m): 10:56am On Dec 21, 2013
Malawian:

point out the relevant sections of the constitution that allows such.

thank you.
section 58 subsection 5 says "where the president witholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each house by two-thirds majority,the bill shall become law and the assent of the president shall not be required"

Same goes for section 59(4) which has to do with the appropiation bill
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Kingspin(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm yet to read/hear as usual reactions or comments by our mighty fake party, APC. Theives that invites and welcome other theives. Change is an individual thing not party shit!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Kingspin(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2013
Klinee: Your are highest mu.mu of all. What are the duties of rep. members? So is the reps that will alleviate poverty? Is the reps that will build road? They are there to question the excutives and that is what the chairman is doing and your are complaining. They are representing the people and the excutives are the leaders who are suppose to fix those thing. Stop being ignorant or being bias
Your a confuse being from origin. Go and fix your brain first my friend. I guess you still need some elementary school enlightment.You dnt even know your own problem neither can you attempt the challenges facing the nation. Face-out.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by revolt(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
koboko69:

What is this one saying. If that's the case she shouldn't have honoured the invitation in the 1st place. Simple if u are sick go home and ans the questions and come back in 2 weeks time. I love that part where they told her its finance ministry she can be flexing muscles. See take home assignment of 50questions oooo. And she's still complaining. If she knows she could ans the questions what was the point telling the committee she is sick and just came out of respect in the 1st place. Mtcheeew. She find trouble see ammm. People just comment without common sense....off course they are the PDP e goats...always trying to turn black to white. Shioooor! Okonjo...answer the questions in writting and submit in 2weeks time....then u will be invited again when they are ready for u That's an order....! Next time learn when not to show ur silly ego.
Mr man, in application of subpoena, who's the boss?
pls only political intellectuals are needed in this section not capricous sentimentalists. she actually disburses their allowances sef.
no be that esatz politicians fault sha, na naija we dey
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by koboko69: 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
revolt: Mr man, in application of subpoena, who's the boss?
pls only political intellectuals are needed in this section not capricous sentimentalists. she actually disburses their allowances sef.
no be that esatz politicians fault sha, na naija we dey

Ode....cos she disburses their allowances...she is now the boss? U are daft ooo. I swear....! Do u realise mr president can wake up tmr and show her the way out..

So cos the HR takes care of the welfares of the staffs in an organisation that makes them the boss?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by DerideGull(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
hercules07:

I am just across the border from you (afterall we are your 52nd state) and did you watch how Elizabeth Warren grilled the Financial guys? You think those guys will tell her to respect them, you think they will come to the house saying they were ill and talk down on her, my guy forget that one.

Were the Financial guys as alluded in the above post by any means secretaries of USA? Be mindful that the issue of discourse involved a minister.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by DerideGull(m): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
I urge NOI not to honor invitation from House of Reps. Committees filled with goons.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by revolt(m): 12:02am On Dec 22, 2013
koboko69:

Ode....cos she disburses their allowances...she is now the boss? U are daft ooo. I swear....! Do u realise mr president can wake up tmr and show her the way out..

So cos the HR takes care of the welfares of the staffs in an organisation that makes them the boss?
lousy product of free education.
I clearly stated she belongs to a different arm of govt, so they're not her bosses, pointing out the fact she disburses their allowances as part of the principles of checks and balancing.
your incoherent brain obviously didn't know what subpoena was all about (in context ), so you resorted to your lousy abusive cowardly rants.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by hercules07: 3:37am On Dec 22, 2013
DerideGull:

Were the Financial guys as alluded in the above post by any means secretaries of USA? Be mindful that the issue of discourse involved a minister.

I believe the head of the Federal Reserve was there, they were a mix of regulatory and market players, they are infinitely more powerful than secretaries of USA, you might want to check the grilling of the guys in charge of the ACA website. A minister can never ever talk like that to reps in the US.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 4:31am On Dec 22, 2013
hercules07:

I believe the head of the Federal Reserve was there, they were a mix of regulatory and market players, they are infinitely more powerful than secretaries of USA, you might want to check the grilling of the guys in charge of the ACA website. A minister can never ever talk like that to reps in the US.

Regulators are more powerful than secretaries who oversees, several agencies and sub agencies and departments and sub departments...Are u for real now? List one U.S. regulator or market player that's more powerful than a U.S. Secretary in their relevant field?

Abeg say the one u know... Go look at how AG Holder addressed Rep Issa, u need to watch c-span more often.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by koboko69: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2013
revolt: lousy product of free education.
I clearly stated she belongs to a different arm of govt, so they're not her bosses, pointing out the fact she disburses their allowances as part of the principles of checks and balancing.
your incoherent brain obviously didn't know what subpoena was all about (in context ), so you resorted to your lousy abusive cowardly rants.

You well so? A beg go and die....you are not even making one sense. Using the word subpoena in that context is even contradictory to the point you are trying to make. Thats how u people just abuse one gtammar that u managed to learn.nonsense! You are a total disgrace to whoever sent you to the four walls of any institution. This is my last whip to you
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by revolt(m): 11:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
koboko69:

You well so? A beg go and die....you are not even making one sense. Using the word subpoena in that context is even contradictory to the point you are trying to make. Thats how u people just abuse one gtammar that u managed to learn.nonsense! You are a total disgrace to whoever sent you to the four walls of any institution. This is my last whip to you
probably seen how lousy your initial post was, now you resort to market women jibberings
subpoena na grammar to you
esatz intellectuals have infiltrated nairaland
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
DerideGull: I urge NOI not to honor invitation from House of Reps. Committees filled with goons.

I swear, let them do their worst. Nigerian Legislators need to learn how to respect people.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
Klinee: Your are highest mu.mu of all. What are the duties of rep. members? So is the reps that will alleviate poverty? Is the reps that will build road? They are there to question the excutives and that is what the chairman is doing and your are complaining. They are representing the people and the excutives are the leaders who are suppose to fix those thing. Stop being ignorant or being bias

Actually the reps are the one who hold the POWER to make/break the economy using their bills and legislature. Depending on whatever policy they adopt, it affects millions of their constituents. Yes, they may not build roads, however, reviewing the Constitution and granting power to Local Government Ares that are closer to the people will build those roads. Passing a legislature that gives state assemblies authority to delegate powers to LGA's will mean LGAS's can function.

Reducing power at the center, cutting excessive and unwanted pay raises and whatnot helps. Passing several bills from transportation to healthcare can remove bottlenecks and restrictions. For instance, before few years ago when power generation was changed, it made a serious hassle for state govt to generate, though that restriction is present (they cannot transmit), but thankfully, powers given to Bulk Trader and TCN makes it better now. Reps should adopt policies that gives us Nigerians good democratic standard and reduce the center, and you will see miracle happen.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Klinee: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
manny4life:

Actually the reps are the one who hold the POWER to make/break the economy using their bills and legislature. Depending on whatever policy they adopt, it affects millions of their constituents. Yes, they may not build roads, however, reviewing the Constitution and granting power to Local Government Ares that are closer to the people will build those roads. Passing a legislature that gives state assemblies authority to delegate powers to LGA's will mean LGAS's can function.

Reducing power at the center, cutting excessive and unwanted pay raises and whatnot helps. Passing several bills from transportation to healthcare can remove bottlenecks and restrictions. For instance, before few years ago when power generation was changed, it made a serious hassle for state govt to generate, though that restriction is present (they cannot transmit), but thankfully, powers given to Bulk Trader and TCN makes it better now. Reps should adopt policies that gives us Nigerians good democratic standard and reduce the center, and you will see miracle happen.
your are on point! And that is exactly what the chairman is doing-to reduce the power from centre. Imagine when he cannot summon Okonji Iweala, how will he enact a law that will constrain the FG to do all these?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu / Osun: Governance goes beyond dancing with prostitutes –Baderinwa / Obaseki: We Will Deal With Imported Thugs And Their Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.