Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! (21067 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
we have different perceptions to things. For me, whenever any lawmaker overrule you, you have no other rights to say anything again cos whatever you says would be considere an after-thought.

However, the display of Iweala to me, was self-serving and appalling. I guess it would be morally bound on her to communicate directly to the committee on the nature of her health instead of showing a victimisation-stunt.

For me, the committee even gave her a soft-landing by allowing her to attend to all the questions in her private room and come back by january for the replies. Isn't that encouraging?

Nevertheless, since she insisted that they should allow her to make her presentation, the committee chaiman should have allow her and atleast hear all those things she want to say.

they are not a law unto themselves, they are just an arm of government, and the executive which madam okonjo represents can always veto them.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
koboko69:

Its always hard for dumb people to comprehend simple facts. Thank you

Imagine the insane advising the sane . . . My friend keep your filthy hole shut..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
I didn't watch the video but if she had left when they asked her to he wouldn't have raised his voice against her.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by zeennurei(m): 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
ocelot2006:

Nigeria's Finance Minister who is light years ahead of you in all spheres of life. Who the fvck are you?

She is presently the Finance Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that is busy borrowing money from world bank, IMF, Paris Club inorder to bring it to the table so as to allow easy access by the corrupt government official and she was also a Minister of the same Ministry during OBJ's era where she uses all our monies to pays for our debt to same institutions where she is now borrowing..........CONFUSED RIGHT?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by LBT: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
bappahman:
Abdulmumin attended Army Primary
School Janguza, Kano (1983 – 1986)
before moving to Command Children
School Jaji, Kaduna (1986 – 1988). He
had his secondary education at Science
Secondary School Abaji, Abuja
(1989-1992) and Bwari Secondary School,
Abuja (1992-1994)
He later proceeded for his higher
education and bagged a Bachelor’s
degree in Political Science at the
University of Abuja, Nigeria in 1999; M.sc
in International Affairs and Diplomacy at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
2003 and PhD in International Relations at
the University of Abuja Nigeria in 2009.
He also attended London Business School
2009, Harvard Business School 2010,
International Business House, London
2009 and European Institute of Business
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
graduated and obtained various
certificates in General Management,
Global Economy Crisis, Negotiation,
Competitive Decision and Deal Process,
Comprehensive Leadership Development,
International oil Trading (IBH) and
Telecommunications Strategy and
Marketing. He's presently an MBA student
at the SBS - Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland 2012 to date.
Abdulmumin is an alumnus of London and
Harvard Business School.
Nice one; let those silly people saying trash about those in the house of rep post the schools & certificates. Okonjo have; she is very unruly & full of herself, I liked the way she was worked out.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by tosan200(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine:

Imagine the insane advising the sane . . . My friend keep your filthy hole shut..
I guess the 15k is really doing wonders.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by tosan200(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
This woman has just created more enemies for the fisherman.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
LBT: Nice one; let those silly people saying trash about those in the house of rep post the schools & certificates. Okonjo have; she is very unruly & full of herself, I liked the way she was worked out.

You seriously want to compare Iweala resume to that lousy riff raff honorable ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kassiemobi: That Chairman should hide his face in shame for displaying such unruly behavior at the glare of the whole world. Can someone please remind him that he is no where near the Honourable Minister in all ramifications. This woman is old enough to be his mother and he thinks that he can talk to her any how just because he is the chairman house committee on finance. He has simply disgraced himself and should hide his face in shame.

most of them were almajiris with no home training. who would have taught him how to respect his mother?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
tosan200:
I guess the 15k is really doing wonders.

Am sure your father is the one in charge of disbursing the 15k

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta:

The reps did their job, it's now up to the [b]corrupt, corruption loving and enabling incompetent [/b]aso rock dullard to do his job which I'm sure he can not do because it's the opposite of what he is.

It's hard to be a corruption enabler and facilitator and still fight fight corruption at the same time so I really agree with you, she is going no where...

in a rush to fart from your ar5e, you failed to put your adjectives in proper order. odeski grin grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by nafiachi(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Madam, I feel u need to be giving no special treatment since u already enjoy it from the presidency, it's a simple maths, it is said that if u show too much love to a child the society would dislike that child, the presidency should not just pick certain individuals and give them special treatments while we don't seem to here nothing from others.
If e pain you! Simple! GO AND DIE
Its all about ones interest, and your boss started it all. tongue

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by tosan200(m): 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine:

Am sure your father is the one in charge of disbursing the 15k
15k agent,I can see you are doing your job perfectly. good boy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by adconline(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
LBT: Nice one; let those silly people saying trash about those in the house of rep post the schools & certificates. Okonjo have; she is very unruly & full of herself, I liked the way she was worked out.
This CV does not add up. Harvard certificate program is different from Harvard degree programs.. Certificate programs are purchaseble programs that last 1-4wks..
Degree programs last for a minimum of 2 years.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
The message here is

No more business as usual

No more incompetence and special treatment

Do your job and earn your respect

I'm sure the other worthless, incompetent and unproductive public officials are reading the writing on the wall. Opnuchukwu can protect you and condone your incompetency and crooked ways within his executive jurisdictions, but not in the house of the people.

The change is already here..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
It is not all about age, tribe, sex, or religion. Do you realised how Ngozi Okonjo Iweala do hold some people to ransom. She has not been able to address arrears from Research Institute of Nigeria, simply because she has no time to attends meeting with the union of the institute. Most ministers have been evasive in when it comes to accountability.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Delafruita(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
Malawian:

they are not a law unto themselves, they are just an arm of government, and the executive which madam okonjo represents can always veto them.
shows how little people know about the law.the president has a right to veto a bill while the national assembly also has the right to pass that same bill through another round of legislation and if it still passes,the president's signature is not required to make it law

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
tokunboh:

smiley I laugh. If Nigeria were to be a sane country, myself and Hon. Jibrin can't even apply for the same job in the first place because he is not qualified to do what I do. I won't call you jobless or a charlatan because I don't know what you do.

You people should forget qualification. Many people can do better than the minister. Up till now, I am yet to comprehend her good side to Nigeria. It is time to invite all our economy expert to a round table show to channel the way forward. Many brilliant chaps that can redesign our economic policies without hardship on common man.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by kennytidistar(m): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
bappahman:
Abdulmumin attended Army Primary
School Janguza, Kano (1983 – 1986)
before moving to Command Children
School Jaji, Kaduna (1986 – 1988). He
had his secondary education at Science
Secondary School Abaji, Abuja
(1989-1992) and Bwari Secondary School,
Abuja (1992-1994)
He later proceeded for his higher
education and bagged a Bachelor’s
degree in Political Science at the
University of Abuja, Nigeria in 1999; M.sc
in International Affairs and Diplomacy at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
2003 and PhD in International Relations at
the University of Abuja Nigeria in 2009.
He also attended London Business School
2009, Harvard Business School 2010,
International Business House, London
2009 and European Institute of Business
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
graduated and obtained various
certificates in General Management,
Global Economy Crisis, Negotiation,
Competitive Decision and Deal Process,
Comprehensive Leadership Development,
International oil Trading (IBH) and
Telecommunications Strategy and
Marketing. He's presently an MBA student
at the SBS - Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland 2012 to date.
Abdulmumin is an alumnus of London and
Harvard Business School.

AND HOW HAS THIS CERTIFICATED slowpoke USED THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED BY OUR MONEY TO TRANSFORM NIGERIA TO THE LIKES OF CHINA, USA, UAE, UK, EVEN THE CLOSET SOUTH AFRICA? WE NIGERIANS ARE QUICK IN ASSUMING WHEN SOMEBODY WAS PRIVILEGE TO ACQUIRED SUCH KNOWLEDGE WITH STOLEN MONEY THEN THEY SHOULD KNOW HOW TO PILOT THE WORLD, LET ME TELL YOU, CERTIFICATE SHOWS HOW FAR YOU HAVE GONE BUT INTUITION RULES THE WORLD, TELL THAT GUY TO USE COMMON SENSE AND STOP LOOKING FOR WAY TO USE THAT WOMAN SHINE, THAT WOMAN IS A COMPLETE EMBODIMENT OF KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by olankam: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Actually, pple are too naïve of what the whole scene connoted: 1 The reps had the feeling of her being too powerful to be questioned thereby making way for strict use of words. 2 the minsiter in her own case was of high self esteem (by virtue of position , authority , achievement and the support of the presidencu)
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
m_keji:

You people should forget qualification. Many people can do better than the minister. Up till now, I am yet to comprehend her good side to Nigeria. It is time to invite all our economy expert to a round table show to channel the way forward. Many brilliant chaps that can redesign our economic policies without hardship on common man.

The woman is nothing but another mean spirited and incompetent Nigerian public official. This woman is still denying the people of Rivers portable water to drink.

This mean woman is yet to release the World Bank and African Development Bank (ADB) loans approved by the National Assembly for the provision of potable drinking water to the people of Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Gamji007: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
oluxy: What u guys don't understand about d chairman is this; in Hausa man, women don't be in position to control rather to be slave and be instructed. Women don't talk when they talk.
But he thought is in his house that's why he insisted he has ruled and he has ruled.

It is uncivil if I may say. Whatever thing ruled can be unrule because it is democracy and we are human.

What is this shiit brain saying? You really need to work on your level of exposure!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
kennytidistar:

AND HOW HAS THIS CERTIFICATED slowpoke USED THE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED BY OUR MONEY TO TRANSFORM NIGERIA TO THE LIKES OF CHINA, USA, UAE, UK, EVEN THE CLOSET SOUTH AFRICA? WE NIGERIANS ARE QUICK IN ASSUMING WHEN SOMEBODY WAS PRIVILEGE TO ACQUIRED SUCH KNOWLEDGE WITH STOLEN MONEY THEN THEY SHOULD KNOW HOW TO PILOT THE WORLD, LET ME TELL YOU, CERTIFICATE SHOWS HOW FAR YOU HAVE GONE BUT INTUITION RULES THE WORLD, TELL THAT GUY TO USE COMMON SENSE AND STOP LOOKING FOR WAY TO USE THAT WOMAN SHINE, THAT WOMAN IS A COMPLETE EMBODIMENT OF KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING.
are
What makes the woman a complete embodiment of knowledge from your comment? Working at world bank is a priviledge as there are many qualified Nigerian that can work there.It is not about the certificate because getting Harvard certificate tells you how academically sound the chairman could be; but let us do the right things at a time. If she is to give a talk at IMF yeterday, she wouldn't have made such remarks that she is sick!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Dewze(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abeg na who employ madam Okonjo Iweala?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
agbameta:
Go through many ministry and agency, no money to carry out tangible work as madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala need to give approval for disbursement of money even though it has been approved on budget. We can call that accountability, but milions of dollars are missing under her nose. Ezekwesili cried out some months ago that our economy but we politicised every sensitive information that we need to ask questions.

The woman is nothing but another mean spirited and incompetent Nigerian public official. This woman is still denying the people of Rivers portable water to drink.

This mean woman is yet to release the World Bank and African Development Bank (ADB) loans approved by the National Assembly for the provision of potable drinking water to the people of Rivers State.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Delafruita: shows how little people know about the law.the president has a right to veto a bill while the national assembly also has the right to pass that same bill through another round of legislation and if it still passes,the president's signature is not required to make it law

point out the relevant sections of the constitution that allows such.

thank you.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Inoknowbook: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
hercules07: Okonjo Iweala is lucky she is doing this in Nigeria, no Obama appointed "minister" dare try this nonsense with the US House of reps, dem no born am well. Imagine her talking to the HOR that way, well it is not her fault sha, those ones too have brought themselves low.

The United States wey I dey or abi na ur imaginary USA? Make u no dey talk about the country wey u no sabi anything about. If there's any country in this whole wide world, where a cabinet member fit talk to a member of the legislature anyhow and go scot free, that country na the USA. Have u ever witnessed a congressional hearing in the US before? Abegi, if u have not, go and watch one at the least on the tv (PBS is a good starting point) and then come back and delete ur comment.

Now coming to the issue at stake, an unbiased mind can readily understand the ministers frustrations. She is the person saddled with the responsibility of making sure that our economy is on a good track. Obviously, appearing before the committee is definitely, one of the so many engagements competing for her time. Now for her to commit time to appear before the committee, despite her illness, shows the level of respect she has for the legislature. She could have decided not to appear and there was nothing they could have done about it. One expected the members of the committee to be cognizant of the fact that a federal minister is always time constrained, and whenever he or she makes an appearance before them, they should maximize the opportunity and make the most of it. Asking the honorable minister to go and come back sometime in the future when she was ready and willing to answer their questions, is to me, very uncalled for. Probably, the fact that they unlimited time in their hands to while away doing nothing, makes them believe every other person has that kind of time.

I commend the honorable minister for exercising great self restraint in the face of very obvious exhibition of I professionalism by the committee members.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
kennytidistar:

you dey mind them, when i was serving in kaduna, my boss was doing his MBA at university of zaria. it was a fellow corper that was going to school for him and giving him his lecture notes.

the problem is that these people up north have this superiority complex i dont know what warrants. for a kid to be shouting on a woman probably older and accomplished than his mother?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Malawian(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
Gamji007:

What is this shiit brain saying? You really need to work on your level of exposure!

what exposure are you talking about? i have had an hausa girlfriend demand that i slap her when i was angry at her for what she did. i could not believe myself.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by jmaine: 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
tosan200:
15k agent,I can see you are doing your job perfectly. good boy.

All thanks to your dad who is our able coordinator . . . .

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by mkeji1: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
I no know book:

The United States wey I dey or abi na ur imaginary USA? Make u no dey talk about the country wey u no sabi anything about. If there's any country in this whole wide world, where a cabinet member fit talk to a member of the legislature anyhow and go scot free, that country na the USA. Have u ever witnessed a congressional hearing in the US before? Abegi, if u have not, go and watch one at the least on the tv (PBS is a good starting point) and then come back and delete ur comment.

Now coming to the issue at stake, an unbiased mind can readily understand the ministers frustrations. She is the person saddled with the responsibility of making sure that our economy is on a good track. Obviously, appearing before the committee is definitely, one of the so many engagements competing for her time. Now for her to commit time to appear before the committee, despite her illness, shows the level of respect she has for the legislature. She could have decided not to appear and there was nothing they could have done about it. One expected the members of the committee to be cognizant of the fact that a federal minister is always time constrained, and whenever he or she makes an appearance before them, they should maximize the opportunity and make the most of it. Asking the honorable minister to go and come back sometime in the future when she was ready and willing to answer their questions, is to me, very uncalled for. Probably, the fact that they unlimited time in their hands to while away doing nothing, makes them believe every other person has that kind of time.

I commend the honorable minister for exercising great self restraint in the face of very obvious exhibition of I professionalism by the committee members.

Her decision not to appear would have been one of many cases of the executive. But I am in the shoe of the chairman of the house. The minister first statement shows that she might not be able to answer all the 50 questions begging for answers on that day. Are we now saying that meeting with minister is an opportunity for the people? From my own view, I sw the minister not ready to answer all of the questions.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by obeski13(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Looking at the rude and irresponsible manner mr jibrin spoke to Mrs iweala,it is obvious there is more to it than meet d eyes. imagine a 37 yr old rascal insulting a woman old enough to be his mother..in all areas of life, mrs iweala is far above d rude and impolite boy frm Kano.talking about his CV.it is laughable..yes,he has PhD, but we know how such certificates are given to people of his like...for his certificates frm Havard and london business school.he is not different from other nigerians who will do anything to av certifiticates of those schools,even if it is a 2.-week programme.if that is the way they dont have regard for women where he comes from,he must be told in an unmistakeable terms that u must show respect to people who are older than u are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Pap (akamu/ogi) Boost The Sex Drive In A Man And Improve Election? / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package / Yamah Mohammed: Senators Slam Ambassadorial Nominee Over Comments On APC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.