Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! (21071 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / IST Presents 2015 Budget To Reps For 2016 / Tambuwal Pix Remains on Nat Assem Front Page/returned Back To Reps Inner Webpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by whitecat007: 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
She probably bought her degrees too.
LBT: Nice one; let those silly people saying trash about those in the house of rep post the schools & certificates. Okonjo have; she is very unruly & full of herself, I liked the way she was worked out.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by chucky234(m): 12:04am On Dec 21, 2013
deletrue: You are asking who is this woman? And describing these brainless reps. as honourables? Am convinced that you carrrying a feather brain. Is this woman not big compared to those thieves and highly indesciple and irresponsible beings? If you are related to any rep. member or if you a rep., then know that you are looked at and likened to the mud. An international personality respected all over the world. Silly you.
Another chronic goon on the loose, take your time to go through the chairman's credentials before displaying your dumb nature in public for all to see.
Void brain.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by chucky234(m): 12:13am On Dec 21, 2013
aviazuva: Truly the reps man was too arrogant. maybe because she is from another party.

But she exhibited high level of self control as a senior minister.

But ma, they gave you enough time for expo and you wan do the exam there. Which kain confidence be that.?
lol na over sabi dey worry her.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Harrypoter(m): 12:32am On Dec 21, 2013
rexbuton: Who the fvck is okonjo iweala?

Someone who plays no.9 for Gej
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by bakila: 1:11am On Dec 21, 2013
Galatasary vs Juventus- Remember what the Ref did after the Hail? well a player said he wants to continue?
I think the Chairman was right in refusing to reopen the proceedings of his committee after it was adjourned at her instance. SHe would have just said thank you and take the expo like someone said and ask her team to answer it.
Anyways this guys should all respect themselves.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by sambama: 1:25am On Dec 21, 2013
bappahman:
Abdulmumin attended Army Primary
School Janguza, Kano (1983 – 1986)
before moving to Command Children
School Jaji, Kaduna (1986 – 1988). He
had his secondary education at Science
Secondary School Abaji, Abuja
(1989-1992) and Bwari Secondary School,
Abuja (1992-1994)
He later proceeded for his higher
education and bagged a Bachelor’s
degree in Political Science at the
University of Abuja, Nigeria in 1999; M.sc
in International Affairs and Diplomacy at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
2003 and PhD in International Relations at
the University of Abuja Nigeria in 2009.
He also attended London Business School
2009, Harvard Business School 2010,
International Business House, London
2009 and European Institute of Business
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
graduated and obtained various
certificates in General Management,
Global Economy Crisis, Negotiation,
Competitive Decision and Deal Process,
Comprehensive Leadership Development,
International oil Trading (IBH) and
Telecommunications Strategy and
Marketing. He's presently an MBA student
at the SBS - Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland 2012 to date.
Abdulmumin is an alumnus of London and
Harvard Business School.
Now that's an over-educated illeterate. WTF? Makes no difference

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by barcaboi(m): 1:27am On Dec 21, 2013
inteli: An interactive session between members of the House of Representatives Committee on Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Thursday resulted in exchange of near uncomplimentary remarks by the two parties in the National Assembly complex.

The committee, headed by Abdulmumin Jibrin, which had invited the minister for the session, turned round to walk her out over some differences.

The session was to have Okonjo-Iweala alongside the Accountant-General of the Federation, Jonah Ogunniyi Otunla, give a brief on the state of the economy from January to date.

But upon her appearance before the committee, Okonjo-Iweala told the lawmakers that although she was “feeling sick,” she had to honour their invitation out of respect.

“I must tell you that I’m feeling sick. For the past one week I’ve not had good sleep, so I’m not feeling fine. But I had to come because I respect the parliament and the committee.

“I’ll try my best to respond to your questions as much as possible, and my other colleagues who are also here with me will contribute,” she said.

However, the minister’s explanation seemed not to appease Jibrin and his committee members who, after consultation among themselves, made Jubrin to rule that the committee could not take on the minister immediately.

The prepared document containing the 50 questions that they had for her was then handed over to her and asked to respond in writing within two weeks.

“We’re not insensitive to your situation as human beings, and if you had told us this before now, we would have given you some time. We have 50 questions for you, and we can give you time to respond in writing,” Jibrin said.

Drama however started when the minister insisted that she should be allowed to respond to the questions, saying “since I’m here now, I want to respond to the questions in person”.

But Jibrin simply told her that he had ruled and there was no going back on the matter.

“You should provide written answers within two weeks, and we’ll invite you in January to appear before us. The 50 questions capture all at stake on the state of the economy.”

However, the minister, who had earlier laid the 2014 budget estimate before the House and briefed journalists thereafter said: “I know you have ruled, but you have to hear me out. You haven’t allowed me to say something, and everybody is here seeing what is happening.

“With all due respect, I will not tell your committee that I’m feeling fine when I’m not. We have had good working relationship with your committee; I thought we’ll be treated with courtesy, but the way you’re starting is a bit disturbing,” she said.

This situation forced the committee chairman to practically walk Okonjo-Iweala out of the meeting venue, saying, “You know I have ruled and if you don’t mind please excuse us. Members should stay behind for executive meeting. We don’t want any haphazard answers, so you can go honourable minister”.

Despite this, the minister demanded that the committee should hear her out, stating: “I will manage to answer the questions. I won’t answer you haphazardly. I know my health, and I assure you that I can answer you well along with my other colleagues here”.

This apparently did no go down well with the committee chairman who responded: “I’m sorry Honourable Minister. You can only decide what happens in the Finance Ministry and not in the House”.

Okonjo-Iweala who was not happy with the situation further said: “I have uttermost respect for the committee and expect same from you. I’m a Minister of the Federal Republic. When you invite ministers, you should treat them with respect. We can’t be invited and be abused.”
SOURCE: http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/12/reps-okonjo-iweala-clash-state-economy/
People are fucking biased...
1) she said she's not been feeling fine and haven't slept; and all dose bullsh1t abt respect to d parliament was uncalled for...she cldav written a letter to them
2)They granted her leave to go relax and answer in 2weeks by wch time she'll be in a better frame of mind; cause no sane man will ask a sick worker sensitive questions
3)If she was ready;she wldnt have brot d whole drama up....it was aimed @ discrediting the work of the committee....it was their job too and she took it for a ride
4)No matter her credentials; they were elected to do their job....she's just a staff that can be fired anytime
She shdav respected that
5)People telling them to be civic....whenever u go for interview;do u give the committee conditions?....u sit till they re thru wt u......

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by MattMelty: 1:46am On Dec 21, 2013
bappahman:
Abdulmumin attended Army Primary
School Janguza, Kano (1983 – 1986)
before moving to Command Children
School Jaji, Kaduna (1986 – 1988). He
had his secondary education at Science
Secondary School Abaji, Abuja
(1989-1992) and Bwari Secondary School,
Abuja (1992-1994)
He later proceeded for his higher
education and bagged a Bachelor’s
degree in Political Science at the
University of Abuja, Nigeria in 1999; M.sc
in International Affairs and Diplomacy at
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria in
2003 and PhD in International Relations at
the University of Abuja Nigeria in 2009.
He also attended London Business School
2009, Harvard Business School 2010,
International Business House, London
2009 and European Institute of Business
Administration
INSEAD France, 2009 where he
graduated and obtained various
certificates in General Management,
Global Economy Crisis, Negotiation,
Competitive Decision and Deal Process,
Comprehensive Leadership Development,
International oil Trading (IBH) and
Telecommunications Strategy and
Marketing. He's presently an MBA student
at the SBS - Swiss Business School,
Zurich, Switzerland 2012 to date.
Abdulmumin is an alumnus of London and
Harvard Business School.
So f**king wat?? Does it change d fact dat he remains a gworo eating disrespectful man who is nt worthy in character bt jst good at trvelling in d name of bagging CVs? possibly he neva made any good grades
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Michaelemry: 2:22am On Dec 21, 2013
Am just suprise and still watching to see what the drama will turn to after assu this one again
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by sonymerlot: 2:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Tom and Jerry ooooo!!!

Infact, the two BOTH of them should be locked up and the keys thrown out in to the Pacific Ocean sef! Make Japan, China and California begin dey look for solution!

Yea, Ngozi woman is simply being smart about her appearance before the committee, however that guy, ( Dishonorable chairman) has questions to answer me personally! How old is he biko? Say around 34 to 37 (assuming his education and qualifications agree with present day Nigeria)? Who picked the tab for all his acclaimed qualifications sef? All these questions are begging for answers cos Nigerians wish to know! I am sorry I had to digress from the issue at stake! Can he atleast come clean about how he (Committee CHAIR) was able to acquire all these qualifications if he is not corrupt?

I ask these questions because I know for sure that it is difficult and challenging for a regular Nigerian of his age (based on my assumption) to have acquired all these fancy qualification on your own oo. Therefore, what is his background? Family etc etc……we all know how difficult it is to acquire western education if you have not taken some money from the cookie jar.

The guy even have a Phd. Kai, I don suffer o these northerners will not kill me……..by the way, what did he research on sef? Which school graduated him? (I am asking cos I do not know ooo

Ngozi woman sef should have just stay put and not appear instead of saying she has health issues…….c’mon, if you are not feeling well, there is no point of you coming out before the committee now!

My point is simple, this guy (committee chair) need to be looked at forensically.
Ngozi, we know (we can track her with verifiable sources) but HIM, we need to know. He is just trying to create a mountain out of a molehill.

By the way I work and live outside Nigeria and I may not know much about what is going on back home…but hey, I am still interested in the affairs concerning motherland.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 21, 2013
Reptyle:

Members of the house of reps can be unruly sometimes. But I think on this occasion, the Minister should have simply accepted the questions and return in january like they asked.

The minister is part of the executive arm of government and deserves respect. The legislative arm in naija is very arrogant and abusive. They are the biggest problems we have. If they can clean up, then everyone else will follow.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by bettes(f): 2:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Nkemtreasure: Most of us just need to watch the clip before making our judgement. The woman was very polite in all her answers despite the fact that the chairman of the committee was talking in a very high and impolite tone. Please just try to watch it then don't feel ashamed to come back and modify your comments.
I'm sure you didn't watch the "clip" or your understanding of english is limited,I watched it and "the woman" in question,Ngozi Iweala's,response to the chairman was laced with irritation,the poster forgot to include the part where the chairman said Ngozi Iweala complains about being ill all the time,I watched it and like the way the chairman handle the whole situation,Ngozi thinks she's a tin god.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by bettes(f): 2:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Nkemtreasure: Most of us just need to watch the clip before making our judgement. The woman was very polite in all her answers despite the fact that the chairman of the committee was talking in a very high and impolite tone. Please just try to watch it then don't feel ashamed to come back and modify your comments.
I'm sure you didn't watch the "clip" or your understanding of english is limited,how was she polite?I watched it and "the woman" in question,Ngozi Iweala's,response to the chairman was laced with irritation,the poster forgot to include the part where the chairman said Ngozi Iweala complains about being ill all the time,I watched it and like the way the chairman handle the whole situation,Ngozi thinks she's a tin god.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by obeski13(m): 2:39am On Dec 21, 2013
Learn to be civil and polite when airing ur opinion..look at someone who is not dumb and stupid calling his president a dumb...d woman got to d pinnacle of her career with a dint of hard work..i am not here to join issues with rude and stupid idiots..talk is cheap.how many of these lousy, loose mouths have held position of responsibility and authority before?it is when u av been saddled wit such a job in a very corrupt,lawless country like nigeria,u will then appriciate what dis woman is doing..if governance is that easy,EDO state guv would av performed miracle in Edo..mr jibril's behaviour is condemnable,.stop be a chauvinist.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by obeski13(m): 3:01am On Dec 21, 2013
Reading comments made by some people has really justified d assertion that common sense is not common.all d grandstanding and braggadocio displayed by mr jibril is made to intimidate her..all what i expected d committee to do is to ask her if she would be able to cope wit d rigours of questioning her..d statement she made that she was sick was just a passing statement ;to show to d committee,that despite her ill-health,she still obliged them by coming.d most reasonable thing for them to av done is to ask her if she is strong enough to answer questions.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 21, 2013
Does anyone ever wonder why this so called ecomy goddess was reassigned to ministry of tourism during OBJ's era after she had been used to achieve debt relief and how she forced herself out of the government only to reappear as the lord of the manor in mr GEJ's government?
If you want to know, ask. I will tell you.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 4:40am On Dec 21, 2013
azeezhy: Does anyone ever wonder why this so called ecomy goddess was reassigned to ministry of tourism during OBJ's era after she had been used to achieve debt relief and how she forced herself out of the government only to reappear as the lord of the manor in mr GEJ's government?
If you want to know, ask. I will tell you.

I'm asking, please tell me..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 4:58am On Dec 21, 2013
bettes:
I'm sure you didn't watch the "clip" or your understanding of english is limited,how was she polite?I watched it and "the woman" in question,Ngozi Iweala's,response to the chairman was laced with irritation,the poster forgot to include the part where the chairman said Ngozi Iweala complains about being ill all the time,I watched it and like the way the chairman handle the whole situation,Ngozi thinks she's a tin god.

Though unrelated, but just wanted to point this out. I remember clearly when a U.S. appointee was going for her confirmation, she broke her ankle that made her stay in the hospital for two days, upon leaving the hospital she appeared before the Senate. Even while the Chairman excused her, she said she preferred to go forward with the process. The chairman respected it and moved forward. That's respect.

So because she went before the committee out of respect, that gives the man the right to talk rudely to her? Every good turn deserves another, as many that twisted and turned this issue, no biggie... If you think how the man acted was appropriate, same actions will be measured out to you... Shikena.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by extension: 5:06am On Dec 21, 2013
NOI really earned my respect the way she handle the educated honorable fool.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 5:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Symphony007: that's absolutely wrong. You are a representative not the president who appionted the minister. You can't even sack her. Her only resonsibility to you is to brief your commitee. She does not take orders from you. All over the world, no legislator talks and a minister jumps. Go and see the way u.s attorney general eric holder responds to house oversight chairman darrel isha when he speaks rudely to him. That rep had no right.

Got the video but def cannot upload it embarassed embarassed

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/politics/2013/05/15/sot-holder-issa-testimony-shameful.cnn.html
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 21, 2013
agbameta:

I'm asking, please tell me..

NOI is a well known agent of the western world money lenders. she was suggested to be in OBJ's cabinet by the world bank. OBJ knowning what world money lenders her. accepted her into his cabinet and used her links with these bodies to secure debt relief.....
debt relief was granted because they thought they would be able to control our economic policies through NOI but OBJ had better plans. after securing debt relief, OBJ reassigned her to ministry of tourism where she wont be in direct control of the economy hence will not foister prepared and calculated economic policies on his government.
when she got to ministry of tourism, she was so bitter and angry that her pay masters plan was not actualised that she had to leave. i remember she was so angry, that she took out the anger on all the staffs in ministry of tourism by telling them they cannot use the building lift with her... that the list is the exclusive right of the minister... (check onlines papers for that piece of news).
ever wonder why her economics policies only grows on paper and not on the streets?
she is an agent of economic sabotage and which better president would they foists such and agent on if not MR GEJ...
less i forgot, she was still earning pay from the world bank while she was a minister in OBJ's cabinet (though she wasnt the only one in this case)... and she was forcing the nigerian government to pay her in dollars...(this shows how much she cared about the country)...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 5:59am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

Though unrelated, but just wanted to point this out. I remember clearly when a U.S. appointee was going for her confirmation, she broke her ankle that made her stay in the hospital for two days, upon leaving the hospital she appeared before the Senate. Even while the Chairman excused her, she said she preferred to go forward with the process. The chairman respected it and moved forward. That's respect.

So because she went before the committee out of respect, that gives the man the right to talk rudely to her? Every good turn deserves another, as many that twisted and turned this issue, no biggie... If you think how the man acted was appropriate, same actions will be measured out to you... Shikena.

1. Apples and oranges. The chairman respected and and was very humane by excusing her because of her illness and the issue on the table here is very different from what you referenced in the US. They didn't have 50 questions deserving detailed answers.

2. The chairman here and in the US have every right to run their committee anyway they want and the chairman here was within his right to excuse her because of her ill health which was a very prudent discussion. Why subject a sick woman to 50 questions grueling session?

3. The fact that the chairman in the US didn't excuse his subject doesn't mean the one in Nigeria did the wrong thing.

4. Regardless of her health situation or desire to stay and answer the questions, over still means over and adjourn still means adjourn. She was out of line with her tantrums and trying to override the chairman's decision to stay. That was rude and very disrespectful. She's not above the law and she must respect authority just like the next man.. She didn't respect the man and his decision so why expect any from him?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 6:21am On Dec 21, 2013
agbameta:

1. Apples and oranges. The chairman respected and and was very humane by excusing her because of her illness and the issue on the table here is very different from what you referenced in the US. They didn't have 50 questions deserving detailed answers.

2. The chairman here and in the US have every right to run their committee anyway they want and the chairman here was within his right to excuse her because of her ill health which was a very prudent discussion. Why subject a sick woman to 50 questions grueling session?

3. The fact that the chairman in the US didn't excuse his subject doesn't mean the one in Nigeria did the wrong thing.

4. Regardless of her health situation or desire to stay and answer the questions, over still means over and adjourn still means adjourn. She was out of line with her tantrums and trying to override the chairman's decision to stay. That was rude and very disrespectful. She's not above the law and she must respect authority just like the next man.. She didn't respect the man and his decision so why expect any from him?

1. Apples and apples: both came for a testimony, both had a committee present, both scenarios the testifiers were sick/ill, both braved it to come either way. Did you watch her confirmation? 50 questions was an "UNDERSTATEMENT". Confirmation that started around 10am prompt till about 6pm in the evening, what do you think they were doing? Laughing with her abi? The confirmation lasted for four days, abegi... Both are the same.

2. When you have exams and you're sick, do you go for your exams either way or do you postpone it ? I know I go for my exams unless if it's extraordinary, which according to NOI, though she was sick (probably early season flu), why not subject her to the question when she told you that she was prepared to answer the questions. Fact remains the ill-mannered way he responded to her was uncalled for. Like someone rightly pointed, he did not jam DAM or Aviation minister... Nonsense.

3. I never said he did anything wrong, at least hear the testifier, that's a sign of respect. Yes we know you're the boss, how do you go to a court and you feel a judge doesn't hear you out? You're the boss, but before making a ruling, at least, even judges hear pleas, chairmen of responsible committee hear statements. Go to YouTube and watch some U.S. Hearing and see how their chairmen respect those who testify. Even if they know you're lying or whatever, they give you that deference by listening before handing down their decision....SIMPLE.

4. You don't dismiss people like that, like I previously stated, if you're in a court, or a hearing and you were treated with disrespect, you think that's appropriate? Lack of respect and decorum or should I say public exposure is the cause for all this, despite the education one has, being learned is a different thing. Besides, the law makers are not the law, RESPECT is reciprocal...As a minister of the federation, courtesy demands that the Chairman and committee were supposed to listen to her and not hush her, anyway, I'm glad how she put them in their place.

According to Attorney General Holder, the lawmaker needs to hear this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkdDJ0OiYFg

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Spray(m): 6:45am On Dec 21, 2013
Chaleeee: This shows how lazy these law-breakers can be. If NOI could be sick and still attend, then what point do these people have not to do their jobs? I bet there are some girls in their hotel rooms waiting to be serviced.

If NOI has refused to attend based on her state of health, they will be the ones to shout that she ignored the committee.

So these hons invited her and other ministers just to give her a questionnaire to be responded to in writing. Why not just send it to her office?? Don't we see house committee hearings in the US? Are the ministers told to respond in writing? Its a HEARING for crying out loud.
bros na oga jona force am go, no talk say she get respect 4 parliament
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Spray(m): 6:49am On Dec 21, 2013
tokunboh:

What work experience has he got? From the dates you wrote here, it does seem that our honourable never really worked! What a bunch of charlatans we have in our House of Reps! You can go to all the best schools in the world, without the requisite work experience; you are as useless as the 'p' in psychology!
bros wer u dey work?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Symphony007: 6:55am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:

Got the video but def cannot upload it embarassed embarassed

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/politics/2013/05/15/sot-holder-issa-testimony-shameful.cnn.html
thanks for the attempt. It would have proven a usefull evidence.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life:
1. Apples and apples: both came for a testimony, both had a committee present, both scenarios the testifiers were sick/ill, both braved it to come either way. Did you watch her confirmation? 50 questions was an "UNDERSTATEMENT". Confirmation that started around 10am prompt till about 6pm in the evening, what do you think they were doing? Laughing with her abi? The confirmation lasted for four days, abegi... Both are the same.

Still apples and oranges. Different issues and different agendas.

Again, the Chairman in Abuja made a prudent decision to excuse her based on her account that she was sick. That was a very considerate and humane decision so please lay off this other irrelevant stuff in the US.

2. When you have exams and you're sick, do you go for your exams either way or do you postpone it ? I know I go for my exams unless if it's extraordinary, which according to NOI, though she was sick (probably early season flu), why not subject her to the question when she told you that she was prepared to answer the questions. Fact remains the ill-mannered way he responded to her was uncalled for. Like someone rightly pointed, he did not jam DAM or Aviation minister... Nonsense.

This is not a school exam or exam for promotion or anything similar. We are talking about a testimony before the house that could be canceled or rescheduled based on anything.

She deserved the chairman's response because she was rude and disrespectful to the chairman. She had no business trying to reverse the man's decision after the man adjourned the meeting. Adjourn means over so she should have packed her load and exit. Trying to have her way was rude and unprofessional.

3. I never said he did anything wrong, at least hear the testifier, that's a sign of respect. Yes we know you're the boss, how do you go to a court and you feel a judge doesn't hear you out? You're the boss, but before making a ruling, at least, even judges hear pleas, chairmen of responsible committee hear statements. Go to YouTube and watch some U.S. Hearing and see how their chairmen respect those who testify. Even if they know you're lying or whatever, they give you that deference by listening before handing down their decision....SIMPLE.

Trust me, arguing with the judge after your case is adjourned means you are trying to go to jail for contempt of the court.

Sign of respect means her respecting the man's decision and shutting her mouth while she leaves... That's respect.

Again, adjourn means over..

adjourn

to end something (such as a meeting or session) for a period of time

4. You don't dismiss people like that, like I previously stated, if you're in a court, or a hearing and you were treated with disrespect, you think that's appropriate? Lack of respect and decorum or should I say public exposure is the cause for all this, despite the education one has, being learned is a different thing. Besides, the law makers are not the law, RESPECT is reciprocal...As a minister of the federation, courtesy demands that the Chairman and committee were supposed to listen to her and not hush her, anyway, I'm glad how she put them in their place.

According to Attorney General Holder, the law maker needs to hear this

Stop using the court analogy because once the judge hits the gavel like the chairman did, it's over, it means see you next time. It doesn't mean go ahead and speak, it means it's time to STFU and keep it moving. Running your mouth after means contempt and possible jail time. I just posted the definition of adjourn for you and you can even look it up.

Learn how to respect and obey authority and simple instructions instead of trying to have things done your way because you think you are special..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2013
I'm in no mood for arguments, be it as it may, the honorable needs to jam the type of Eric Holder, that's when he would know he's only but a lawmaker.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2013
I know I might be banned for this post but I will say my piece. All ye supporting the rep member are as stupid and clueless as he is. Do you realise the more sitting they have they more they eat into our national budget? Besides where in the world would you invite a honourable Minister just to reply questionairres on live tv? Your myopic views about how to run a nation is based on bias and personal wishes. Anywhere in the world people ve to achieve a classless society where our taxpayers money is adequately utilised. Only in Nigeria here is the big man syndrome and position of authority madness so prevalent. Until we learn to accept the fact that we are egotistical and power drunk we cannot move Nigeria forward. The Minister was doing her best to work and they are cing and balancing, what kind of madness moved the rep member to prolong an issue that affects millions of us. 1 million Nigerians live on less than 2 dollars a day and all upid bleeps here run your mouth simply because you have enough fuel to put in your generator to type this shit. I shake mad for the general populace. Wake up and see the abject poverty and suffering our fellow Nigerians are in. We are all eulogising Mandela and wishing Nigeria had someone like him. Please be the change you want to be in society and don't wait for our leaders to turn a leaf because in reality they are our servants.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by agbameta: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2013
manny4life: I'm in no mood for arguments, be it as it may, the honorable needs to jam the type of Eric Holder, that's when he would know he's only but a lawmaker.

Did the chairman in the US adjourned and Eric Holder kept running his mouth?

Answer = No

Apples and Oranges.

Abeg find better argument and logic..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect! by manny4life(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2013
agbameta:

Did the chairman in the US adjourned and Eric Holder kept running his mouth?

Answer = No

Apples and Oranges.

Abeg find better argument and logic..

Lol... before he adjourned the meeting, did he allow her speak? Yes or NO? He needs to jam the type of Eric who will put him in his place...nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Welcomes Coalition For Nigeria, Says Movement Not A Threat To Party / Okada Ban In Anambra: Operators Groan As 15,000 Lose Jobs In Onitsha, Awka / Atiku Knocks The Economist, Says Endorsement Of Buhari Scandalous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.