Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. (6986 Views)

When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide / Atheists Err When Asking For Material Evidence To Prove God's Existence / Crucifixion Of Jesus In Err - Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: Hebrew 8:10 is talking about the second coming, thats when all will be fulfilled and thats when the second covenant begins. That is where you are confuse.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:" (Hebrews 8:10).

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest." (Hebrews 8:11). this hasnt happened or has it?

"The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." (Isaiah 42:21). Christ will come and make the law honourable, that he did.

How did he magnify the law? Its simple.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. " (Matthew 5:27-28).

Christ also came to abolish the sacrificial laws. Not morals, he came to correct morals.

I agree with you that this book of Hebrews was not written to the church but to Israel/ the Hebrews. I also agree that the second covenant spoken about here is to the nation of Israel.

I totally disagree with this statement of yours- Christ also came to abolish the sacrificial laws. Not morals, he came to correct morals

Where did you get that from?

That is where most Christians are missing it, Jesus did not come to teach you morals. There is no level of moral that proves sufficient in the sight of God, infact an Hindu worshiper can be morally upright or more benevolent than a Christian. Can we be more moral than the self-righteous scribes who will attack Christ every time he is seen with sinners(non-Jews).

Christ came to save us from eternal doom through His death and ascension cos we couldn't have saved ourselves. If my good morals could save me, then the death of Christ would be in vain cos I would not need it .

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

You preach your opinion, the death of Christ abolished the old covenant(whether sacrificial or moral) and established a new one, period.
you dont know scriptures. Now is the time you stick with what you believe. No wonder, you have been saying rubbish. We didnt agree on this one but we are still brothers. If we go on, we will keep repeating ourselves.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:10am On Dec 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

I agree with you that this book of Hebrews was not written to the church but to Israel/ the Hebrews. I also agree that the second covenant spoken about here is to the nation of Israel.

I totally disagree with this statement of yours- Christ also came to abolish the sacrificial laws. Not morals, he came to correct morals

That is where most Christians are missing it, Jesus did not come to teach you morals. There is no level of moral that proves sufficient in the sight of God, infact an Hindu worshiper can be morally upright or more benevolent than a Christian. Can we be more moral than the self-righteous scribes who will attack Christ every time he is seen with sinners(non-Jews).

Christ came to save us from eternal doom through His death and ascension cos we couldn't have saved ourselves. If my morals could save me, then the death of Christ would be in vain.

Abraham was justified by works, so were the prophets. You dont know who Israelites are. So thats your problem bro. Keep the laws. You are making Paul, Jesus and James contradict themselves. Because you dont know the bible.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: Abraham was justified by works, so were the prophets. You dont know who Israelites are. So thats your problem bro. Keep the laws. You are making Paul, Jesus and James contradict themselves. Because you dont know the bible.

I have told you the works james talked about is not works of the law but works inspired by faith. works doesn't always mean of the law, it could be good deeds
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:12am On Dec 22, 2013
catch you guys later. I will be back anyway.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

I have told you the works james talked about is not works of the law but works inspired by faith. works doesn't always mean of the law, it could be good deeds
Wow, i dont have to reply this. cheesy cheesy. Haibe catch you later.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by shdemidemi(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: Abraham was justified by works, so were the prophets. You dont know who Israelites are. So thats your problem bro. Keep the laws. You are making Paul, Jesus and James contradict themselves. Because you dont know the bible.

What happens to

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

New Living Translation
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

Or this
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Or
Eph 2:9

Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

3 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Many times, it is Christian argument that makes it look as if scriptures contradict itself not knowing it is our inadequate studying that manifest. James and Paul never contradict themselves. Jesus and Paul never contradict themselves. Peter and Paul\James never contradict themselves. Where does confusion comes from for what I know, God is never the author of confusion. We hold on to the 10 commandments as if it can produce life to Christians - Life is in Christ, not in the 10 commandments.

King James Bible
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Sin revival BY THE LAW, that's what most Christian churches are teaching and same is happening in this thread.

In fact, the 10 commandment is a ministry of death and condemnation but there's no condemnation to those in Christ. It only those given the law that will be judged by the law. Those the gospel was preached to will be judged by the gospel. The law is a shadow of truth not a complete truth in itself. Follow the law, you follow incomplete truth - Christ is the way, TRUTH and life, the complete package\gift of God.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by trustman: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN:

Jesus brought grace and truth to the world, and the bible says truth is the law. Do u wanna argue that bro?.

Stop preaching that grace and law stuff bro. Yes there is grace, but the grace came to teach us something which is the law, and there is truth, what is truth? The law. Everything leads you back to the law.

" For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ". - John 1:17
This appears to me to be a CONTRAST between the law that came through Moses and what Jesus brought. Nowhere here is TRUTH equated to the law. Where did the Bible say that truth is the law? Secondly, without GRACE man is hopeless. If we stop preaching that which give life, hope and eternal life to anyone what hope will there be for anyone?

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: hey sandi. How are you doing mehn?

Sandi is good! Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
trustman:

" For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ". - John 1:17
This appears to me to be a CONTRAST between the law that came through Moses and what Jesus brought. Nowhere here is TRUTH equated to the law. Where did the Bible say that truth is the law? Secondly, without GRACE man is hopeless. If we stop preaching that which give life, hope and eternal life to anyone what hope will there be for anyone?
you didnt read the OP.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
The thing is, you guys dont know the meaning of grace, truth, holy, sin. Thats why you misquote Paul to justify your lawlessness. The point has already been made. Christ did not abolish the Law, he came to magnify it. Now, am not gonna say more than that.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (2 Peter 3:15)."As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:16) you guys read the bible like a story book. You just hear grace, law, truth, holy, bible, love. You dont know the meaning of these words. Thats what is getting you people confused. Peace Out. Live your lives in lawlessness.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: The thing is, you guys dont know the meaning of grace, truth, holy, sin. Thats why you misquote Paul to justify your lawlessness. The point has already been made. Christ did not abolish the Law, he came to magnify it. Now, am not gonna say more than that.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;" (2 Peter 3:15)."As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:16) you guys read the bible like a story book. You just hear grace, law, truth, holy, bible, love. You dont know the meaning of these words. Thats what is getting you people confused. Peace Out. Live your lives in lawlessness.

So how many of these laws did christ magnify? how many do you keep?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Goshen360(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
MEILYN: evetthing is, you guys dont know the meaning of grace, truth, holy, sin. Thats why you misquote Paul to justify your lawlessness. The point has already been made. Christ did not abolish the Law, he came to magnify it. Now, am not gonna say more than that.

The problem is you need show us how Christ magnified the law that people couldn't keep before he came and magnified for us today. Are you aware The best person that ever boasted TO HAVE KEPT THE WHOLE LAW FROM CHILDHOOD still LACK ONE THING?

MEILYN:

There's still no problem, tell us the MEANING OF THOSE WORDS - Grace, law, truth, holy, bible, love etc.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
shdemidemi: @Bidam

You are ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. How you constantly hold the wrong end of the stick wipes a mountain off the ground.

What is the one saying? Are you not the proponent of two gospel heresy, one for the jews and the other for the gentiles?

Jesus aptly stated this about you: You will be ever seeing but never perceiving, ever hearing but never understanding.

2 Likes

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

You don't keep the sabath, simple. don't try to be a law keeper and yet a christian at the same time.
Let me ask you the question Jesus asked the pharisees. Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath?

you are guilty of the whole 613 laws for not keeping only the sabath, yes james said that if you break one law, you are guilty of all
You don't even have the slightest idea and notion of what is talking about, you just pick and choose what suit you without the slightest understanding of scripture. Are you telling us James a Jew did not keep the sabbath?,Even shdemidemi is careful not to quote guys like James but here you are spewing thrash..Kindly quote the 613 laws for us cos we don't know them.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam:
You don't even have the slightest idea and notion of what is talking about, you just pick and choose what suit you without the slightest understanding of scripture. Are you telling us James a Jew did not keep the sabbath?,Even shdemidemi is careful not to quote guys like James but here you are spewing thrash..Kindly quote the 613 laws for us cos we don't know them.

I don't get your point, james is still a jew and not a christian? or james did not become a christian? you may need to expantiate on that.

Do you keep all the laws or not? yes or no, you can go to google and search for the 613 laws.

What James said still stand whether a jew or christian, if as a law keeper you break one of the laws, then you are guilty of all.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

How this guy is aware of the truth but constantly spew errors. oga bidam, what is the 'true' Christ referred to in this verse. Did it not come true on the cross? Is the death and resurrection sufficient to make the laws given to Moses on Mount Sinai disappear?
So what is true? YOU TELL US.So you are telling us the law and prophets are abolished abi?

Oga bidam Genesis to Revelation is not the law.
according to that passage it is called the law.

Mr Bidam, does fulfil mean accomplish/finish?
Christ is the end of sacrifices short and simple.
The bible says the letter of the law kills because no one can keep its directives. Jesus says I will pay the price by fulfilling that which the law is set out to do, hence he dies.
Do you know you can still read the NT and read letters ? The NT can also be law that kills if you read the letters like some of you are doing here.

Jesus became Sin. I am sure you know what the wages/the resultant effect of sin is- it is death. Christ became the sin of the world and died once and for all for anyone that believes. TRUE OR FALSE?
Yes, the gift of God is eternal life, but because Christ died for our sins we should go ahead sinnnig abi?

Must you force the word of God to validate your error? Jesus was in no way talking about law here but about people like you who hold prosperity in high esteem. If you must quote bible, why not quote in context.
Who is forcing the word of God here? The last time i checked you are the one advocating the two gospel heresy.Scripture complement scripture, they do not contradict like you are doing here. We are not even talking about prosperity here so why not stick to issues instead whining like a baby.

This bidam needs help, how hilarious can this self-righteous and new age Pharisee be?
Oga na you need help o mr 2 gospel man.
When everyone you encounter tell you to rightly divide the word, you erroneously scuttle to 'all scriptures are inspired by God'.
So are you telling us scriptures are not inspired by God?

You have made this verse your soft landing and the basis of your own gospel. It is unfortunate that you will ignore all the apostle said before making this statement and quickly draw your conclusion.
You just talking thrash simply because you have nothing to say. grin

when we say you're not under Law, but strictly by faith + nothing, does that mean you throw the Law out to the wind? No! In Romans Chapter 13 Paul is going to say just as plain as English can make it. "That when we love our neighbor, as a believer, of course, then we fulfill the Law." We don't cast it out. Can you love someone and break any of those commandments against him? It's impossible. And so love is the fulfilling of the Law.
So what do you think love is? ARE YOU EXHIBITING LOVE HERE BY THIS POST? . You have insulted me by calling me all sort of names even a new age pharisee for that matter, so is that you definition of love?simply because you can not take the truth, you start throwing tantrums,grow up pal.

The conundrum we are faced with as 'man' is the issue of the sinful nature. There is no way we can be transformed if we don't read and understand the mind of God through scriptures
NOBODY Wants to listen to your two gospel heresy here.Take it away and bury your head in shame.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
@Bidam, do you keep the law of moses?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
haibe: @Bidam, do you keep the law of moses?
what are the laws of moses?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: what are the laws of moses?

commandments given by God to moses found among the 2nd to 5th books of the Bible.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

commandments given by God to moses found among the 2nd to 5th books of the Bible.
Ok. was genesis written by Moses?
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Ok. was genesis written by Moses?

Just answer the question please.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
Now let me just end this argument, because i love you guys okay, you are all Israelites and Something tells me i shouldnt leave you guys without making my points clear. I want to explain these verses to Haibe most especially and tell him Christ only fulfilled the Sacrificial laws. Like i do precept upon precept, thats how i do it.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. " (Matthew 5:17).<<< Now this is the word of Christ, what does this verse means? It means Christ didnt come to destroy the law or the prophecies of the prophets, but he only came to make everything written about him in the Old Testament be fulfilled.

Now what does Christ mean when he said he didnt come to destroy the law or the prophets but to fulfil? Lets allow the bible to teach us.

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. " (Luke 24:44).<<< Now what does this tell you? It means Christ came to fulfil what was written in the old testament concerning him, take note concerning him.

Now lets see what was written of Christ, lets see what Christ came to fulfil.

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture." (Psalm 22:16-18).<<The prophecy is, they will pierce his hands and his feet, this verse was talking about crucifixion was that fulfilled? Let the bible tell us.

"And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots." (Matthew 27:35).<< Now christ was crucified to accomplish what was spoken of him by the prophets. Let me give another example.

"And unto the children of Israel thou shalt speak, saying, Take ye a kid of the goats for a sin offering; and a calf and a lamb, both of the first year, without blemish, for a burnt offering;" (Leviticus 9:3).<<< Now the lamb offering was a sin offering, take note a sin offering, it was done for the forgiveness of sins, it takes away sins, that was the purpose of the Lamb offering and that was what Christ came to fulfil...

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29).<< Now if you are not ignorant, you will know what this means, Behold the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world, that is what Christ came to fulfil, that was what the old testament testified of Christ.

Now lets go further..... I want to tell you the law Christ fulfilled.

"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand." (Isaiah 53:10).
"He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities." (Isaiah 53:11).
<<< this was what the bible prophesied of Christ, this was what Christ came to fulfil and do, for he shall bear their iniquities, thou shall make his soul a offering for sin. What did John the baptist say? Behold the Lamb of God that take away the sin of the world. Back then you confess your sins and slay a Lamb.

Lets see how Christ fulfilled the law.

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." (John 19:30). It is finished, what was finished? Him fulfilling what the Prophets and the bible said about him concerning his coming unto the earth and dying to forgive sins as a sacrifice, that was his purpose for coming.

Now lets go back to Mathew 5.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. " (Matthew 5:17).<< Now Christ didnt come to destroy nothing in the Law, he only came to fulfil, and i have told you what he came to fulfil, which was written of him by the Prophets partaining the laws of sacrifice.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. " (Matthew 5:18).<<< till heaven and earth pass, i dont know about you, but am still standing on earth and looking up to heaven, nothing shall pass from the law until all be fulfilled, has all been fulfilled? Has Christ come the second time? Hell No. So the moral laws still remains.

Now i want you to see for yourselves, that is why am not quoting Paul, but i want you to know what Christ died for. If you dont know why Christ died, you will never understand Paul. Now take it or leave it, you are not under sacrificial laws but you must still keep the moral laws. Am gone.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Goshen360:

The problem is you need show us how Christ magnified the law that people couldn't keep before he came and magnified for us today. Are you aware The best person that ever boasted TO HAVE KEPT THE WHOLE LAW FROM CHILDHOOD still LACK ONE THING?

There's still no problem, tell us the MEANING OF THOSE WORDS - Grace, law, truth, holy, bible, love etc.
Its either you cant read, or you are just ignorant. You must be jumping post. Because i have been explaining those things since i came here.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
haibe:

I don't get your point, james is still a jew and not a christian? or james did not become a christian? you may need to expantiate on that.

Do you keep all the laws or not? yes or no, you can go to google and search for the 613 laws.

What James said still stand whether a jew or christian, if as a law keeper you break one of the laws, then you are guilty of all.
That was why Christ died, for forgiveness of sins when you break the law, you cant keep all....

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
Goshen360: Many times, it is Christian argument that makes it look as if scriptures contradict itself not knowing it is our inadequate studying that manifest. James and Paul never contradict themselves. Jesus and Paul never contradict themselves. Peter and Paul\James never contradict themselves. Where does confusion comes from for what I know, God is never the author of confusion. We hold on to the 10 commandments as if it can produce life to Christians - Life is in Christ, not in the 10 commandments.

King James Bible
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Sin revival BY THE LAW, that's what most Christian churches are teaching and same is happening in this thread.

In fact, the 10 commandment is a ministry of death and condemnation but there's no condemnation to those in Christ. It only those given the law that will be judged by the law. Those the gospel was preached to will be judged by the gospel. The law is a shadow of truth not a complete truth in itself. Follow the law, you follow incomplete truth - Christ is the way, TRUTH and life, the complete package\gift of God.
You have only quoted one verse to support your lawlessness, the rest of what you spoke up there is your own opinion. And you dont understand that verse., when you are reading scriptures, you read with understanding. I wont explain that verse to you, i just wanna digress a little, i want to tell you everything in the new testament you misquote goes to the law.

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. " (Matthew 5:14).<< what does this statement mean? You Christians misunderstand this. What does light mean?

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:" (Proverbs 6:23).<< why are we the light of the world? Because we teach Gods laws..

A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid, what did Christ mean by this? I doubt if you know.

"The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem." (Isaiah 2:1).
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." (Isaiah 2:2).
"And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem." (Isaiah 2:3).
<<< remember this is a prophecy, and it will happen in the last days, for out of Zion shall go forth the law. That is why Christ called Israel the light of the world because out of them shall go out the law. And thats what Christ meant with the hill stuff, how can the law be taught in the kingdom when it has been abolished already?.

You guys dont know the meaning of bible words. If you aint teaching the Law, you are in darkness simple.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by trustman: 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Bidam: Ok. was genesis written by Moses?
haibe:

Just answer the question please.

This is how Bidam typically tries to evade issues. once he knows that his answer will 'put him at risk' of his held position he quickly look for an 'escape route' which characteristically is to refuse to directly answer a question or respond to clear statement.

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Royll: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
The law of Moses is no more for the followers of Jesus but is still in effect for those Jews who did not believe that Jesus is the son of God.

Jerusalem was destriyed around 70 B.C., which means that all of the Old Testament sripture was fulfilled as the New Testament had not beeen written yet.
-----------------------

Luk 21:20-24 "When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then understand that its devastation is approaching. Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains, those inside the city must leave it, and those in the countryside must not go into it, because these are the days of vengeance when all that is written will be fulfilled. "How terrible it will be for those women who are pregnant or who are nursing babies in those days! Because there will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the edge of the sword and be carried off as captives among all the nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the gentiles until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled."
------------------

Mat 16:13-20 When Jesus had come to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" They said, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

He asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God!" Then Jesus told him, "How blessed you are, Simon son of Jonah, since flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, though my Father in heaven has. I tell you that you are Peter, and it is on this rock that I will build my congregation, and the powers of hell will not conquer it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom from heaven. Whatever you prohibit on earth will have been prohibited in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will have been permitted in heaven."

Then he strictly ordered the disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.
----------------

Luk 9:33-36 Just as Moses and Elijah were leaving, Peter told Jesus, "Master, it's good that we're here! Let's set up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." (Peter didn't know what he was saying.) But while he was saying this, a cloud appeared and surrounded them, and they became terrified as they were being overshadowed by the cloud.

Then a voice came out of the cloud and said, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" After the voice had spoken, Jesus was alone. The disciples kept silent and at that time told no one about what they had seen.

---------------

We as Gentiles are the other other sheep that doesn't belong to the flock which is the Jews, whom Jesus was speaking to.

Joh 10:14-18 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that don't belong to this fold. I must lead these also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock and one shepherd. This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it back again. No one is taking it from me; I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This is what my Father has commanded me."
----------------
Jesus says that he and the Father are one.

Joh 10:25-31 Jesus answered them, "I have told you, but you do not believe it. The actions that I do in my Father's name testify on my behalf, but you do not believe because you do not belong to my sheep. My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, they will never be lost, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. What my Father has given me is more important than anything, and no one can snatch it from the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him to death.

To ensure that Jesu is God the following is written.

Joh 10:34-39 Jesus replied to them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, "You are gods"'?
If I called those to whom a message from God came 'gods' (and the Scripture cannot be disregarded), how can you say to the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? If I am not doing my Father's actions, do not believe me. But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe me, believe the actions, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

Again they tried to seize him, but he slipped away from them.

----------------------------
[ As Jesus died on the cross then the other flock should have been bought in because in the above he said that he and the Father which means that he is God. By Jesus dying on the cross then this part of scripture is wrong.]

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God's power for the salvation of everyone who believes, of the Jew first and of the Greek as well.
---------------------
[Why is it wrong because of what Jesus said in the following scripture.]

Joh 10:16 I have other sheep that don't belong to this fold. I must lead these also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock and one shepherd.

The Jews have one shepherd whom they obey as they agreed to do in the covenant that God made with them.

Exo 19:1-8 On the third New Moon after the Israelis went out of the land of Egypt, on that very day, they came to the desert of Sinai. They had set out from Rephidim and arrived at the desert of Sinai where they camped in the desert. Israel camped there in front of the mountain.

Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain: "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and declare to the sons of Israel, 'You saw what I did to the Egyptians, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. And now if you carefully obey me and keep my covenant, you are to be my special possession out of all the peoples. For the whole earth belongs to me, but you are to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation to me.' These are the words you are to declare to the Israelis."

When Moses came, he summoned the elders of the people and told them everything that the LORD had commanded him. All the people answered together: "All that the LORD has said, we will do!" Then Moses reported all the words of the people back to the LORD.
-----------------
The Greek worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, which means that they are not under the covenant as the Jews, because they only worship God. Nobody knows who they obey. This puts them under a different shepherd.

-------------------
The unbelieving Jews said the following;

Joh 19:10-22 So Pilate asked him, "Aren't you going to speak to me? You realize, don't you, that I have the authority to release you and the authority to crucify you?"

Jesus answered him, "You have no authority over me at all, except what was given to you from above. That's why the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

From then on, Pilate tried to release him, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you release this fellow, you're not a friend of Caesar! Anyone who claims to be a king is defying Caesar!"

When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus outside and sat down on the judgment seat in a place called The Pavement, which in Hebrew is called Gabbatha. Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon. He told the Jews, "Here is your king!"

Then they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!" Pilate asked them, "Should I crucify your king?" The high priests responded, "We have no king but Caesar!"

Then Pilate handed him over to be crucified, and they took Jesus away. Carrying the cross all by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of a Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, along with two others, one on each side of him with Jesus in the middle.

Pilate wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, "Jesus from Nazareth, the King of the Jews." Many Jews read this inscription, because the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city. It was written in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek.

Then the Jewish high priests told Pilate, "Don't write, 'The King of the Jews,' but that this fellow said, 'I am the King of the Jews.'" Pilate replied, "What I have written I have written."
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
lol. which one is moral and sacrificial law? The law is the law. If you insist on the law, you must keep all of it. If you fail in one, the law will condemn you. With the law, no one can be declared righteous. That is why christ came.

You must keep all the law if you insist that it is not abolished. this sacrificial and moral division only exist in people's minds. For God, you miss one, you miss all. James 2:10

1 Like

Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by haibe(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2013
JMAN05: lol. which one is moral and sacrificial law? The law is the law. If you insist on the law, you must keep all of it. If you fail in one, the law will condemn you. With the law, no one can be declared righteous. That is why christ came.

You must keep all the law if you insist that it is not abolished. this sacrificial and moral division only exist in people's minds. For God, you miss one, you miss all. James 2:10

That's true, theologians divide them for easy understanding but before God the law is taken as a whole, you break one, you break all and are guilty of its judgement.
Re: we are no longer under law but grace, but you do err christians. by MEILYN(m): 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
JMAN05: lol. which one is moral and sacrificial law? The law is the law. If you insist on the law, you must keep all of it. If you fail in one, the law will condemn you. With the law, no one can be declared righteous. That is why christ came.

you are very wrong. You dont read the bible, you read what people tell you to read. Read this thread from the beginning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me / I Found Myself Asking God For Forgiveness Daily / If Rapture Took Place On A Sunday:70% Left Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.