Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,911 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God (12399 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
OlaoChi:

As I have read must atheist in the world were ones Christians who began reading the Bible

They start reading as Christians but end as atheist because they see nothing but lies in christianity

how is that hardening your mind against christianity? These people only start reading the Bible to learn more and hope to get closer to it's God only to find out there's nothing resourceful or reasonable in worshipping such a God, All this from the Bible

As the dude said "Christians don't read their bibles because if they did they wouldn't still be Christians"

There are over 1million people in rudedough's case who leave christianity after thorough reading of the Bible

My dear. The bible in itself is an evident to gods existence. From history till this day. Everything was predicted in the bible.

Just as it is written. It is given to some to know the mysteries of the kingdom of god, but to others in parables, that seeing they will not see, and hearing they ll not understand.

Not everybody would read the bible and see the spirit of prophecy and gods kindness.

Search your hearts and pray to Jehovah to give you proper understanding and see these things. He's a loving and forgiving god. He ll understand. And when you do, share the god news.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
grin grin Are the apologist here already? Have they said:

1. Jesus did not steal the horse
2. Jesus did not commandeered the horse
3. Jesus did not borrow the horse

So why did Jesus untie someone's horse and took it away without consent?

Two (2) hefty men walked up to your horse and started untying it, and when you (the owners) asked. Why are you untying my horse? They told you "The Lord needs it". undecided undecided

The Lord na him get am? Na like so them dey take borrow horse in those days?
Is that not bullying to take possession of what does not belong to you?

Christians please explain to us what that passage mean as we Atheist don't have the "Spiritual eye glasses" grin grin to understand the bible.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^

I think courtesy demands they tell the owner of the horse before attempting to take it.

Or does courtesy not apply to Jesus just like yahweh grin grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Image123(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough: grin grin Are the apologist here already? Have they said:

Two (2) hefty men walked up to your horse and started untying it, and when you (the owners) asked. Why are you untying my horse? They told you "The Lord needs it". undecided undecided

Christians please explain to us what that passage mean as we Atheist don't have the "Spiritual eye glasses" grin grin to understand the bible.

Thank you.

And after they explain, you will believe God exists or what exactly is the point of the explanation again?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

And after they explain, you will believe God exists or what exactly is the point of the explanation again?

Yes!! Let's start from there. There's no need to go around the tangent, i won't bend. Just please explain to us what the bible meant by "2 men untying someone's horse and taking it away even when the owners asked "why are you untying my horse" the 2 men commanded that the Lord needs it"

We really need to interpret that part of the bible. Maybe if you explain to me, i might consider following Christ. grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind: ^ ^ ^ ^

I think courtesy demands they tell the owner of the horse before attempting to take it.

Or does courtesy not apply to Jesus just like yahweh grin grin

If i come where you sit down, grab your phone, you ask me "guy where you dey collect my phone" i come tell you say "my chairman need am". My brother wetin we go call that one? grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

If i come where you sit down, grab your phone, you ask me "guy where you dey collect my phone" i come tell you say "my chairman need am". My brother wetin we go call that one? grin

grin grin grin oppression
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

grin grin grin oppression

@rationalmind I swear you no well... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am still waiting for an explanation of this passage. Christians please don't shy away, i have seen a couple of your guys look at the thread and disappear. Please explain to unbelievers what happened here. Thank you.

rudedough: grin grin Are the apologist here already? Have they said:

Thank you.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

@rationalmind I swear you no well... grin grin

Na name it and claim it. See yah mouth...lol

No be today I talk say your imagination is flawed. Go read my post, it is either you don't have a response or you are too scared to reply.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hehehehe I just saw it honestly. You are one very funny guy. This guy will not kill me with laugh one day grin grin

So if i waka past @rationalmind see am dey press him iPhone, i come ask @PAGAN 9JA and @OlaoChi make them go that corner right there, say them go see @rationalmind dey press one iPhone, make them gba the iPhone, if him ask any question, make them tell am say "their chairman need am".

That one no be thief abi? Sey @rationalmind go fit fight @PAGAN 9JA and @OlaoChi together. You want make them do am strong thing? cheesy cheesy

If this is your explanation cos they didn't resist the theft, man you gotta go eat your akpu and ofe nsala ASAP, you're hungry. grin grin

seemylife:

Jesus: If anyone ask 'Why are you untying it? ' tell them 'the Lord needs it'

And they got there untying the Colt

The owners: Why are you untying the colt?
The Disciples: The Lord needs it.

Why didn't the owners say, "we don't know any Lord" and resist them?

Jesus gave them the question that would be asked and the answer they should give back.

Logical reasoning that you claim to have does not tell you that, the owners must know the Lord and there was a pre-arrangement.

The owner asked the exact question and the disciple gave the exact answer. DEAL DONE!

Oops I lied, the owners used 'colt' where Jesus used 'it'. Abi u get problem with that as well?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough: Hehehehe I just saw it honestly. You are one very funny guy. This guy will not kill me with laugh one day grin grin

So if i waka past @rationalmind see am dey press him iPhone, i come ask @PAGAN 9JA and @OlaoChi make them go that corner right there, say them go see @rationalmind dey press one iPhone, make them gba the iPhone, if him ask any question, make them tell am say "their chairman need am".

That one no be thief abi? Sey @rationalmind go fit fight @PAGAN 9JA and @OlaoChi together. You want make them do am strong thing? cheesy cheesy

If this is your explanation cos they didn't resist the theft, man you gotta go eat your akpu and ofe nsala ASAP, you're hungry. grin grin

Don't use comedy dodge the question na? Haba! Why were they not resisted? It is such a simple question. You wannabe atheists claim to be rational yet your rationality no reach there.

So your English language poor reach u no know say 's' after owner mean say NO BE one owner?

Mate another reason why I say you guys are blind. You see what you want to see.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mehn na wa oo, this is serious!!!! grin grin I thought Christians were shouting, "New Testament", "We are in the grace", now we are discussing "The Grace" and "New Testament" and they are all looking at the thread and disappearing. grin grin

Come and discuss Jesus now oo... I haven't even started, i only am starting from the least cases like i always do so we can ascend on a steady consistent slope. Please let me take you Christains to where you will ask "Na Jesus be this?" grin grin.

Just keep saying EYE!!! and i will continue hitting my Kpako on the table and say "THE EYES have it" grin grin Dropping it like it's hot.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

Yes!! Let's start from there. There's no need to go around the tangent, i won't bend. Just please explain to us what the bible meant by "2 men untying someone's horse and taking it away even when the owners asked "why are you untying my horse" the 2 men commanded that the Lord needs it"

We really need to interpret that part of the bible. Maybe if you explain to me, i might consider following Christ. grin

Breaking you from the forces of your ideological conformity is gonna be a very tedious task both spiritual and physical. Nevrtheless, I ll try to open your close minds.

Taking individually, each story and quote in the bible May nôt amount to a full case but when taken collectively, each event and quote will hammer home the truth to even the most skeptical reader.

Firstly how would you understand that event when you don't even believe in Christ?

That event depicts or rather re affirms Jesus's position as the king of the earth. The Lord needed the colt. It was to bear up The Lord.
And when the disciples told the owners, the spirit of god must have been there to manifest his presence that was why they gave in.

You want to accuse Jesus of misapprhending the property of others here. if the disciples were stealing the colt on Jesus' behalf, and committing a criminal act, why did the owners let them take it?

the owners made no effort to stop what was going on, and the disciples were allowed to leave with the colt unhindered. So there is obviously more to this story.

It's a prophesy being fulfilled. Read below;

1. The Bible is, indeed, the Word of God. Matthew tells us that all this was done that the prophecy of Zechariah 9:9 might be fulfilled. — “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” Because that was written in the Book of Zechariah, Luke writes, “And it came to pass.”

2. Our great Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the omniscient, all-knowing God. He told his disciples exactly were they would find the ass and her colt and exactly what would happen when they found them.

Tbc.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

Don't use comedy dodge the question na? Haba! Why were they not resisted? It is such a simple question. You wannabe atheists claim to be rational yet your rationality no reach there.

So your English language poor reach u no know say 's' after owner mean say NO BE one owner?

Mate another reason why I say you guys are blind. You see what you want to see.

Please don't talk about my poor grammar, you don't want to go there with me. Let's keep it real and have fun while we understand the bible.

Let's analyse that passage, but first let's see what "a Colt" is.

Colt (klt)
n.
1. A young male horse.

Adult's don't ride on "Colt" so could it be that "the owners" were Children against 2 hefty grown a$$ men? Or they were women against 2 grown a$$ men.

If that be the case, how can they defend themselves against these men who came to steal commandeer borrow untie their "Colt" without their consent. Whatever your excuses may be, you still haven't explained to this congregation why Jesus took away someone's "colt" with a command that "The Lord needs it".

Kindly explain that portion to us Sir, we will be delighted to know what happened there.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Breaking you from the forces of your ideological conformity is gonna be a very tedious task both spiritual and physical. Nevrtheless, I ll try to open your close minds.

Taking individually, each story and quote in the bible May nôt amount to a full case but when taken collectively, each event and quote will hammer home the truth to even the most skeptical reader.

Firstly how would you understand that event when you don't even believe in Christ?

[size=14pt]That event depicts or rather re affirms Jesus's position as the king of the earth. The Lord needed the colt. It was to bear up The Lord. [/size]
And when the disciples told the owners, the spirit of god must have been there to manifest his presence that was why they gave in.

You want to accuse Jesus of misapprhending the property of others here. if the disciples were stealing the colt on Jesus' behalf, and committing a criminal act, why did the owners let them take it?

the owners made no effort to stop what was going on, and the disciples were allowed to leave with the colt unhindered. So there is obviously more to this story.

It's a prophesy being fulfilled. Read below;

1. The Bible is, indeed, the Word of God. Matthew tells us that all this was done that the prophecy of Zechariah 9:9 might be fulfilled. — “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” Because that was written in the Book of Zechariah, Luke writes, “And it came to pass.”

2. Our great Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the omniscient, all-knowing God. He told his disciples exactly were they would find the ass and her colt and exactly what would happen when they found them.

Tbc.

shocked shocked Hmmmm Nice!! Jesus is the "KING OF THE EARTH" so he can take possession of people's property. That sums it all up, i think we Atheists understand that passage better now. grin grin grin

@rationalmind Who was the person that said God and Jesus are the best escape artist again? I think i need to meet that person right away. grin grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

Please don't talk about my poor grammar, you don't want to go there with me. Let's keep it real and have fun while we understand the bible.

Let's analyse that passage, but first let's see what "a Colt" is.

Colt (klt)
n.
1. A young male horse.

Adult's don't ride on "Colt" so could it be that "the owners" were Children against 2 hefty grown a$$ men? Or they were women against 2 grown a$$ men.

If that be the case, how can they defend themselves against these men who came to steal commandeer borrow untie their "Colt" without their consent. Whatever your excuses may be, you still haven't explained to this congregation why Jesus took away someone's "colt" with a command that "The Lord needs it".

Kindly explain that portion to us Sir, we will be delighted to know what happened there.

I asked you a simple question that didn't the 's' after OWNER tell they were more than one in response to your iPhone analogy. I was just being cheeky with the English bits tongue

Adults don't ride on colt. This guy don kill me o. Yet Jesus at 33 rode on it. Go sleep son! Lol.

Did you read the rest of my post. Go back and read it.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

shocked shocked Hmmmm Nice!! Jesus is the "KING OF THE EARTH" so he can take possession of people's property. That sums it all up, i think we Atheists understand that passage better now. grin grin grin

@rationalmind Who was the person that said God and Jesus are the best escape artist again? I think i need to meet that person right away. grin grin

That was the only thing you could pick from all I wrote?

I will not be surprised If you practice wizardry as your signature tells.

You are nt an atheist. You are trying hard to destroy gods gospel. One day you will answer to all these.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

I asked you a simple question that didn't the 's' after OWNER tell they were more than one in response to your iPhone analogy. I was just being cheeky with the English bits tongue

Adults don't ride on colt. This guy don kill me o. Yet Jesus at 33 rode on it. Go sleep son! Lol.

You are learning fast! Good man. At least your eyes have opened that it was not just ONE owner. The bible does not even tell us they were 2.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

I don't need to engage in your back and forth argument without proof or facts. You still cannot explain the passage, but you keep ranting.

@nutty_hnic has given us a predicted answer and it is acceptable to us. grin grin A proof that when Jesus takes something that does not belong to him, it's not theft cos he is the "KING OF THE EARTH". So let's move on to the next.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
"Peaceful Jesus" telling his Disciples that he is not any different from his father, he's not come to bring peace but war and he has come to cause a rift between a son and his father, daughter against her mother and destroy the family union.

Matthew 10:34-36
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Can Christians please explain this passage please.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

Not a very juicy deal for me. You are being selfish. Anyways, the Bible passage shows that the 'owner' was okay with his animal being used by his Master. He asked for explanation and the explanation suited him, no point your taking panadol or what was not even an headache. i've seen people who are ready and pleased to entertain their masters and friends, nothing rocket science in that.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

I don't need to engage in your back and forth argument without proof or facts. You still cannot explain the passage, but you keep ranting.

@nutty_hnic has given us a predicted answer and it is acceptable to us. grin grin A proof that when Jesus takes something that does not belong to him, it's not theft cos he is the "KING OF THE EARTH". So let's move on to the next.

Guy comot for here if you no get correct response. How long will I spoon feed you. Go read my previous post. U dey there dey complain.

So much for your rationality and intelligence. Telling us adults don't ride colts. Colt are young male horse usually around the age of 4.

If you keep making baseless pronouncements like "adults don't ride colts". Don't you think you need evaluate the way you think things through.

My back and forth argument indeed. Son, I am not discussing the bible with you. I am examining your thought process as well to see how you arrived at your conclusions. My findings are not encouraging. SMH
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

Lol, na plaetton bro. That is the best quote I have ever read on nairaland.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
nutty_hnic:

That was the only thing you could pick from all I wrote?

I will not be surprised If you practice wizardry as your signature tells.

You are nt an atheist. You are trying hard to destroy gods gospel. One day you will answer to all these.

My brother, i don't like long stories, i like to hit the nail on the hammer, hit the hammer on the table, hammer the table on the nail, nail the table on the hammer... (English hard oo) In short i no dey like long thing.

Direct answers only please and that line sums up everything you wrote. Take a look at it again and see that the rest are mere excuses.

grin grin I'm a wizard, no lie.

I accept fowl, God accepts fowl too.
I accept human sacrifices, God accept human sacrifices too.
I kill, God kill more.
I harden people's heart, God hardens people's heart too.
I steal, God steals.
I like blood sacrifices and the smell of burnt flesh, God likes the aroma too.

My brother, we are all wizards in our own ways. grin grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

Not a very juicy deal for me. You are being selfish. Anyways, the Bible passage shows that the 'owner' was okay with his animal being used by his Master. He asked for explanation and the explanation suited him, no point your taking panadol or what was not even an headache. i've seen people who are ready and pleased to entertain their masters and friends, nothing rocket science in that.

Question is, why should they start untying the horse without telling the owner.

Please note that, it was even a case of if any one asks them why untying it. Then, they should give a response

Meaning, if no one challenges them, they can as well take it without the owners consent.

Common, Jesus is morally deficient. No amount of twisting will change that.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, na plaetton bro. That is the best quote I have ever read on nairaland.

grin grin Mehn invite that guy here, make him dey see the real escape. Those ones wey him don see (The Law and Grace and the rest) na small ones. Today we are discussing the NEW TESTAMENT and JESUS only. grin

But honestly i think say i don box them for corner but them still dey escape. angry angry
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by seemylife: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Please note that, it was even a case of if any one asks them why untying it. Then, they should give a response

Meaning, if no one challenges them, they can as well take it without the owners consent.

He knew where the Colt was...
He knew no one had sat on it before...

Think man.., think! Does that suggest to you the possibility of pre arrangement or NOT?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

Think man.., think! Does that suggest to you the possibility of pre arrangement or NOT?

It was a baby horse, who could have sat on it? Is it not an act of wickedness to suppress the backbone of a developing horse with the heavy weight of a 33 years old grown a$$ man?

You guys are always in the habit of defending the undefendable and thereby shooting yourself in the foot. Who sits on the back of a baby horse?

I thought you earlier said Adults ride colts? Do you intend to speak from 2 sides of your mouth now?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Oh rubbish, you're the fellow that ran away the other time, i don't even remember the thread. Hopefully, i can have a one on one discuss and not the chatter you uys are currently making.
Answer is the Master of the 'owner' needs it, deal with that. That is not moral deficiency, moral deficiency is your unbelief in God, moral deficiency is your sinful lifestyle and nature, moral deficiency is your listlessness about what exactly is happening.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

If after thinking this trash is what you spew, please, I don't want to think.

Does this question "why are you untying it" sound like there was any pre-arrangement? Does it sound like a question from someone who was aware someone was coming to take the colt?

So, if I tell you my brother will be coming to pick your horse.

Will your question be "are you from rationalmind" or It will be "why are you untying my horse"?

Let's say you ask the second question like Jesus, will my brothers answer be "my brother said he has already discussed with you" or " my brother needs it"? That answer alone shows there was no pre-arrangement.

Lol, una no sabi lie o. grin grin

Please, come up with better twists, this one is very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin Mehn invite that guy here, make him dey see the real escape. Those ones wey him don see (The Law and Grace and the rest) na small ones. Today we are discussing the NEW TESTAMENT and JESUS only. grin

But honestly i think say i don box them for corner but them still dey escape. angry angry

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Secret Sins & Consequences / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? / What's Your Best Psalm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.