Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God (12381 Views)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Image123:

Thorough indeed. About being a christian to understand the Bible better, nothing absurd in that. Some dogs understand some human language and commands, but you can't compare to if the dog could be converted to a human being.

So are saying a human starts reading an English dictionary thoroughly after finding out the English spoken is different from the English from the dictionary he then becomes a dog?

You seem not to have understanding, this dude was a Christian who got converted by the Bible
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by frank317: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Now dis is one of d beSt threads on nairaland. Mr rude and rational, love ur spirit. Wonder why other atheists are not flooding here.

Guess they think one/two/three guy(s) are doing enough job.

Like i said earlier, are we talkin about a book that was supposedly wriTten/inspired by d creator of this world? What a disoriented life manual, even my samsung tv manual is clear enough

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

Don't use comedy dodge the question na? Haba! Why were they not resisted? It is such a simple question. You wannabe atheists claim to be rational yet your rationality no reach there.

So your English language poor reach u no know say 's' after owner mean say NO BE one owner?

Mate another reason why I say you guys are blind. You see what you want to see.

This really describes a typical Christian
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
nutty_hnic:

My dear. The bible in itself is an evident to gods existence. From history till this day. Everything was predicted in the bible.

Just as it is written. It is given to some to know the mysteries of the kingdom of god, but to others in parables, that seeing they will not see, and hearing they ll not understand.

Not everybody would read the bible and see the spirit of prophecy and gods kindness.

Search your hearts and pray to Jehovah to give you proper understanding and see these things. He's a loving and forgiving god. He ll understand. And when you do, share the god news.

The Bible cannot be held as prove for the existence of your God, the Bible can easily be accused of being made up and full of lies to suit the needs of some people.

Wat makes your Bible more reliable than the Yoruba Ifa? Ifa also gives prophecies and reveals mysteries
Ifa seems far more reliable and magnificent than the Bible that is based on ridiculous racist movements and political agenda
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Breaking you from the forces of your ideological conformity is gonna be a very tedious task both spiritual and physical. Nevrtheless, I ll try to open your close minds.

Taking individually, each story and quote in the bible May nôt amount to a full case but when taken collectively, each event and quote will hammer home the truth to even the most skeptical reader.

Firstly how would you understand that event when you don't even believe in Christ?

That event depicts or rather re affirms Jesus's position as the king of the earth. The Lord needed the colt. It was to bear up The Lord.

And when the disciples told the owners, the spirit of god must have been there to manifest his presence that was why they gave in.

You want to accuse Jesus of misapprhending the property of others here. if the disciples were stealing the colt on Jesus' behalf, and committing a criminal act, why did the owners let them take it?

the owners made no effort to stop what was going on, and the disciples were allowed to leave with the colt unhindered. So there is obviously more to this story.

It's a prophesy being fulfilled. Read below;

1. The Bible is, indeed, the Word of God. Matthew tells us that all this was done that the prophecy of Zechariah 9:9 might be fulfilled. — “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” Because that was written in the Book of Zechariah, Luke writes, “And it came to pass.”

2. Our great Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the omniscient, all-knowing God. He told his disciples exactly were they would find the ass and her colt and exactly what would happen when they found them.

Tbc.

I find it difficult to work with you, how does that bold part make sense to you?
If the Bible can't make me believe, instead makes Christians disbelieve is it not evident that Jesus Christ is made up

King of earth? Proves Jesus is made up because No one recognized him as king in Israel talkless of in Africa or Europe
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
seemylife:

He knew where the Colt was...
He knew no one had sat on it before...

Think man.., think! Does that suggest to you the possibility of pre arrangement or NOT?

Your Bible did not state any pre arrangement, stop twisting the Bible
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by frank317: 12:03am On Dec 29, 2013
OlaoChi:

Seriously... Why is he doing that? Its begining to getting annoying.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2013
brainpulse: Leave the poor boy alone, he has not read and understood the bible from all his arguements. He doesn't even know and understand his life and purpose rather than claiming he has read the bible. Go and read the bible again instead of doing copy and paste from the internet and displaying ur folly.

Have you ever read a single book from the Bible to the end? And not just memory verse that pastor gives you
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by OlaoChi: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2013
seemylife:

Guy come on stop lying abeg

A colt is a male horse, usually below the age of four[1] or not more than four years of age.[2]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_(horse)

People see the definition o and judge. "Usually Below or no more than 4" does that mean definitely below 4?

Stop this lie!!!

See who's taking?

Your twist has become broken
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by frank317: 12:07am On Dec 29, 2013
If d bible was written/inspired by an almigthy creator, shoudnt it to take care of all presupposed doubts?
Whats then d point if it is subject to criticisim?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2013
frank3.16:
Now dis is one of d beSt threads on nairaland. Mr rude and rational, love ur spirit. Wonder why other atheists are not flooding here.

Guess they think one/two/three guy(s) are doing enough job.

Like i said earlier, are we talkin about a book that was supposedly wriTten/inspired by d creator of this world? What a disoriented life manual, even my samsung tv manual is clear enough

May the spirit of the flying spaghetti monster, the true creator of heaven and earth bless you for this wonderful comment.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 29, 2013
OlaoChi:

Don't stress yourself. He'll no longer do that. I remember sufficiently debunking him on any pre-arrangement.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Image123(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2013
OlaoChi:

So are saying a human starts reading an English dictionary thoroughly after finding out the English spoken is different from the English from the dictionary he then becomes a dog?

You seem not to have understanding, this dude was a Christian who got converted by the Bible

i do not understand or comprehend what you said, so it definitely cannot be what i am saying.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Image123(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

Stop talking nonsense and making up excuses contrary to what was recorded in your Holy Bible. If Jesus was Master and all the big titles you all allude, why didn't he just create his own colt. Why steal someone's?

Go read that passage, then come back and tell us he was a master so he can take possession of people's colt with a command "The Lord needs it".

hahahaha, now certain that those things never crossed your mind. You need to expand your worldview ehn. Things happen beyond your scope. See your selective comprehension. You read the Bible that says Jesus is Lord and Master and you are doubtin and giving ifs, but you are fully convinced in your mind after allegedly reading the same Bible that Jesus is a thief. Who on earth do you expect to take you serious apart from your melodramatc fofs? i guess the meaning of Master is lost on you haven being a slave of the devil for so long.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2013
Image123:

hahahaha, now certain that those things never crossed your mind. You need to expand your worldview ehn. Things happen beyond your scope. See your selective comprehension. You read the Bible that says Jesus is Lord and Master and you are doubtin and giving ifs, but you are fully convinced in your mind after allegedly reading the same Bible that Jesus is a thief. Who on earth do you expect to take you serious apart from your melodramatc fofs? i guess the meaning of Master is lost on you haven being a slave of the devil for so long.

I'm the Devil agreed and Jesus is the "master of the earth" but could you please explain this part of Jesus to us. You Christians have been avoiding this post I've re-posted about 5 times now.

"Peaceful Jesus" telling his Disciples that he is not any different from his father, he's not come to bring peace but war and he has come to cause a rift between a son and his father, daughter against her mother and destroy the family union.

Matthew 10:34-36
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

Can Christians please explain this passage to me cos i was made to believe that Jesus came to give us life, peace, love, unity and eternal life.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough: I am still waiting for an explanation of this passage. Christians please don't shy away, i have seen a couple of your guys look at the thread and disappear. Please explain to unbelievers what happened here. Thank you.

This have been explained before you wrote this. so go to the previous page.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05:

This have been explained before you wrote this. so go to the previous page.

No it has not. The energy you have used to type your comment should have been used to explain that short passage to me. Stop avoiding that question, please answer it.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2013
I gave this reply at page 11, but you skip it to dance azonto.

No point here. the disciples of Jesus were not hiding as they went to bring the colt. Again, Jesus told them what to say to any who ask them question on why they were untying it. Jesus well knew that they will meet people who will ask such question. Any criminal who knows people are around will instruct that the disciples hide so that the owner wont see them. criminals hide so that others wont see what they are doing. The situation is different here.

Try again.

I just pity for you, how you chose to destroy the precious life God has given to you, only to attack His word. See how you are destroying yourself. so pitiful!
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05: I gave this reply at page 11, but you skip it to dance azonto.

What are you saying? I asked for A you're answering B. Nwokem e di sure e ji anwu? grin

Let me help you. Please explain.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

I thought Jesus came to give us life, peace, love, unity and eternal life. #SomebodyLied grin grin
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

I'm the Devil agreed and Jesus is the "master of the earth" but could you please explain this part of Jesus to us. You Christians have been avoiding this post I've re-posted about 5 times now.

"Peaceful Jesus" telling his Disciples that he is not any different from his father, he's not come to bring peace but war and he has come to cause a rift between a son and his father, daughter against her mother and destroy the family union.

Can Christians please explain this passage to me cos i was made to believe that Jesus came to give us life, peace, love, unity and eternal life.

This has also been answered, but you like azonto so much that you dont read through before re-posting. Go to 11 or 12, Am sure you will see something.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2013
I gave this reply as far back as page 11, but you love dancing azonto as I always say.

1. He is here sending his disciples to go and preach the goodnews, but he does not fail to give them instruction of what they may face for being his disciples.

2. He made them aware that they will meet wolvelike people in the field. verse 16. this men will persecute them greatly for their faith. see 17 - 18

3. the persecution will not only come from outsiders but insiders too. verses 21 - 23

"21 Further, brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. 22 And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 23 When they persecute YOU in one city, flee to another; for truly I say to YOU, YOU will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives."

4. He reminded them that he was also persecuted. If he as the master was persecuted, who are they? verse 24-25.

5. He let them know that they shouldn't be afraid as those persons will only kill the flesh; they are not capable of halting their future ability to live. vs 28

6. Any of them that gives in without being bold to confess him despite the persecution (which can come from inside the household or outside), will not receive his favour. verse 32.

7. His statement in verses 34-35 is with this points in mind.

He buttressed it by saying that "Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household". vs 36. Showing that even in the home that do not love him, you as a christian will be persecuted. Why? because you cant give in to the dictates of your family if that conflicts with your Christian believes.

By your insisting to follow Jesus' direction, and viewing his direction as more important than your family's, their are sure to be division in terms of opinions, likes and dislikes, fashion, entertainment etc. Why the division? Because of your belief in Jesus. That's the point.

8. So you should have greater affection for Jesus than your family's. vs 37

9. You thus need to accept his torture stake (cross), which means suffering. vs 38.

10. If you lose your life in the process of following his commands, you will find it in resurrection. But if you give up so as to save your life, you will lose that life eternally. vs 39
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05:

This has also been answered, but you like azonto so much that you dont read through before re-posting. Go to 11 or 12, Am sure you will see something.

Just drop the post here so everyone can read it. I don't remember discussing this part of the bible yesterday. Let's discuss it today cos the part where Jesus stole a colt has been forgiven him. grin So kindly post / re-post the explanation to this text here now.

Thanks
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05: I gave this reply as far back as page 11, but you love dancing azonto as I always say.

I am sorry sir, your quote did not explain that part of the scripture i posted. Please keep your explanation precise and straight forward. I have read the entire chapter but that passage stands out so do justice to your explanation

Thanks

I thought Jesus came to give us life, peace, love, unity and eternal life. #SomebodyLied
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

I am sorry sir, your quote did not explain that part of the scripture i posted. Please keep your explanation precise and straight forward. I have read the entire chapter but that passage stands out so do justice to your explanation please.

Thanks

What did it not explain there?
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05:

What did it not explain there?

Read the passage then read your answer. It doesn't correlate, you talking about a different story entirely. Your fellow Christian brothers can bear me witness on this.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

Read the passage then read your answer. It doesn't correlate, you talking about a different story entirely. Your fellow Christian brothers can bear me witness on this.

Jesus statement cant be cut from the middle. I ve given the explanation according to the context of his statement, showing how the statement arose. Ignoring what I have said there shows that you aren't here for a sincere discussion, but to pick out what you like.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05:

Jesus statement cant be cut from the middle. I ve given the explanation according to the context of his statement, showing how the statement arose. Ignoring what I have said there shows that you aren't here for a sincere discussion, but to pick out what you like.

Trust me bro, i don't do that. Christians are the ones who do that, evidently on this thread. From verse 1-33, Jesus was encouraging the disciples but from 34-42, it was about him.

You can read Matthew 10 in full to confirm. So i'm asking what he meant about himself from 34-36. Please read the full text and explain.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2013
rudedough:

Trust me bro, i don't do that. Christians are the ones who do that, evidently on this thread. From verse 1-33, Jesus was encouraging the disciples but from 34-42, it was about him.

You can read Matthew 10 in full to confirm. So i'm asking what he meant about himself from 34-36. Please read the full text and explain.

This explanation is sufficient to answer that your question bro.

7. His statement in verses 34-35 is with this points in mind.

He buttressed it by saying that "Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household". vs 36. Showing that even in the home that do not love him, you as a christian will be persecuted. Why? because you cant give in to the dictates of your family if that conflicts with your Christian believes.

[size=18pt]By your insisting to follow Jesus' direction, and viewing his direction as more important than your family's, their are sure to be division in terms of opinions, likes and dislikes, fashion, entertainment etc. Why the division? Because of your belief in Jesus. That's the point. That is what Jesus meant when he said he came to cause division between father, daughter etc.[/size]

8. So you should have greater affection for Jesus than your family's. vs 37

9. You thus need to accept his torture stake (cross), which means suffering. vs 38.

10. If you lose your life in the process of following his commands, you will find it in resurrection. But if you give up so as to save your life, you will lose that life eternally. vs 39
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2013
If this clear explanation does not satisfy you, I am sorry you have to ask another person. If I am the one asking similar question, this answer is sufficient to clear the misunderstanding.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Ranchhoddas: 10:53am On Dec 29, 2013
@JMAN pls give a straight answer to that quote jor.if u can't just say so.i've followed this thread to page 15 and i'm yet to get anything meaningful from you and your cohorts.i dey vex o.
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by Ranchhoddas: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2013
JMAN05: If this clear explanation does not satisfy you, I am sorry you have to ask another person. If I am the one asking similar question, this answer is sufficient to clear the misunderstanding.
there is nothing clear about ur explanation,you are just running from pillar to post...mtchew
Re: Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God by truthislight: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2013
@RudeDough

There are so many questions of mine you have not answered.

Answere the one on red below please.

truthislight: Is it NL that turned you to Atheism ?

If you are talking about Jesus, say so, dont use that to threaten people.

Jesus death was fortold that his faithfullness to the end will be a scrifice to God and a reason/answer to satan, that will make God consider his effort and reconsider what our parent did under the taotulage of satan.

The action of Jesus life and his shade blood open up the way to Yahweh to all men.

Jesus faithfulness gives an answer to all of Satan's accusations against Yahweh, that humans will not love Yahwah without selfish gains expecially if their lives was at stake.(read the book of Job and see what satan told Yahweh).

Sacrifice goes as a ransom, what is used to buy back or change a situation without twisting or banding Justice > Yahweh is a God of justice and his justice dictactes his actions with intelligent creatures.

Blood for blood, life for life, what Adam lost was a perfect life and what exchanged to change the sentens of death on Adam's children was equivalent to what was lost by Adam. No injustice with Yahweh, and not when he had the power to restore any life. But his justice must hold and sets a precedent that should never be repeated by disobedience.

Even, on a situation that Yahweh was angry due to the actions of the household of Saul, Yahweh also specify that to correct the situation, the people have to be presented to him, not just any person, but the specific people concern, all of them and not from another house hold.

Precedent sets in the bible was to averts repeating certain ills, hence, death is almost always the sentence for defiance as to keep this nation clean and ready to welcome the promise messaiah that was the reason for the Existance of the nation of Israel at the first place.

Yahweh build the nation of Israel in the bible for the sole purpose of bringing forth the messaiah, and any contrary action to that end was instant dealth to removed obstacles on the set objectives.

The bible is not a text book to explain the life history of Satan or to explain the way satan dealth with other nations that have been worshiping him in the absence/seperation from Yahweh in Eden, but rather, a book to explain the process of the reconciliation of man back to Yahweh via the Messaiah, and we know the cause of the problem in the first place.

Satan is only mentioned in passing in the bible some of the times that his action to destroy this plans for the messaiah is considered.

But Yahweh knows and says that the rest nations except the Nation of Israel worshiped satan directly and indirectly, hence, Yahweh had to warn the nation of Israel not to get involved with any other nation and share with them in their worship, so as not to give room to satan into the Nation of Israel, that he will have access to the coming Messaiahs plans taking place there.

Along that ^ line, Yahweh had to build the nation of Israel devoid of the traditions of other nations, he sent the nation of Israel to grow in the land of Egypt, in a condition they cannot assimillate the traditions of Egypt > 'slavery'.
And the traditions of other nations that was influence by the anemy of Yahweh.

When this slaves had became populous and many in numbers, he took them under this state/condition devoid of tradition of men to the promised land, and on the way, gave them all the 613 laws and.

Do you think those slaves had the capacity to developed those laws for themselves under that conditions in the wilderness ? Laws they could not keep ? Your answer pls.

This ^ arrangement by Yahweh ensured that the sons of Israel was a unique nation, absolutely different from every other nation dwelling upon the sufface of the earth, hence, any contermination was cutoff.

Meanwhile, all other nations under the influence of satan hated them, that explains why the Nation of Amalekite will attacked the innocent harmless slaves from Egypt on their way to the promised land, by the dictate of their God(unless the Amalekites had no god, but Egypt does).

It was Yahweh that has the ability to directly see and know the plans of satan and the effort he puts in to thwart the coming of the Messaiah, who he satan knew will destroy him at the end.

I think i am not in the best position to asses Yahweh and pass sentens on him owing to my limitations, since there are more than meets the eyes.

But since you say you know better, i beckon on you to come foward and educate me.

Thank you.

see it here:

When this slaves had became populous and many in numbers, he took them under this state/condition devoid of tradition of men to the promised land, and on the way, gave them all the 613 laws and.

Do you think those slaves had the capacity to developed those laws for themselves under that conditions in the wilderness ? Laws they could not keep ?

Answer that ^ pls.

Am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why Men Of God Prioritize Material Things To Enhance Their Ministry- Sam Adeyemi / Chat With A Prophet : / Secret Sins & Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.