Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40732 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 4:43am On Dec 26, 2013
deejay_harry1:

i'd have you know, i can put up any thing i like on google.

Well u got nothing to prove, apple is the world best brand and they displaced coca-cola after 13 years, so before anybody post any self judgmental remarks about any product go online, make research cos u guyz are not the only people on earth, we have 7billion people and am sure America is bigger than Nigeria and considering the people that uses iPhone in America, I bet samsung dominating Nigeria is not a factor, moreover it's obvious we don't know much about anything other than copy and gossip .... And please who is that guy that dropped this thread ? I mean who is he ? Like who, u know ?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 4:50am On Dec 26, 2013
Check this stats out, it's Wikipedia and am sure u can't post anything there ....
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 4:52am On Dec 26, 2013
Check their revenue and all out here to actually see who is more preferred in accordance to their sales and profit ... Imagine Samsung has over 400,000 workers and iPhone has just 80,000, lolz

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by pussyeater(m): 4:58am On Dec 26, 2013
Team #Tecno# Jor oh! I can't shout lipsrsealed
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 4:59am On Dec 26, 2013
And finally u can all go to this link and check this out and mind u this is not just any link it's a popular page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2397833/Android-users-likely-switch-Apples-iPhone-time-smartphone-buyers-Samsung.html

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:37am On Dec 26, 2013
Davidbanky:

Well u got nothing to prove, apple is the world best brand and they displaced coca-cola after 13 years, so before anybody post any self judgmental remarks about any product go online, make research cos u guyz are not the only people on earth, we have 7billion people and am sure America is bigger than Nigeria and considering the people that uses iPhone in America, I bet samsung dominating Nigeria is not a factor, moreover it's obvious we don't know much about anything other than copy and gossip .... And please who is that guy that dropped this thread ? I mean who is he ? Like who, u know ?

Samsung dominates South Korea and Japan and pretty much the rest of the world
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:47am On Dec 26, 2013
The only Android users switching over to iPhone are those with low-end devices
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Maddict: 5:48am On Dec 26, 2013
ZLUK: Ways Iphone 5S is better than Galaxy S4
You didn't include the mess Andriod got us in while we were waiting for the BBM...Think of security think of IOS, the durability of iphones is exacty like our old 3310,just two strong and gives a feeling of satisfaction to the handler when handled. so much more.
1. It can be compared to Samsung Galaxy S4 ***diss to tecno users***

2. It is the fastest phone ever tested

3. S4 is too large for some of us

4. With the aluminium build of 5S, I don't have to worry about the cheapness I may feel carrying a plastic like S4

5. Don't even let me get started on TOUCH ID .... That is a killer

6. Despite the more capcity indicated on the S4, iphone 5S still lasts longer

7. Should I even mention the prone-ness of Android OS to attacks?

8. The AMOLED is sharper than the iPhone LCD on resolution specs, but not in reality
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:53am On Dec 26, 2013
^/facepalm

IPhone 5S is not the fastest

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198: The only Android users switching over to iPhone are those with low-end devices
you have said it all my good friend

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 6:50am On Dec 26, 2013
deejay_harry1: you have said it all my good friend

Thank you my good friend

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 7:06am On Dec 26, 2013
deejay_harry1: you have said it all my good friend

And how do u know that ? Just accept it and face reality that this thread has mis informed you gbam#
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198: The only Android users switching over to iPhone are those with low-end devices

So you switch from low end samsung device to a costly iPhone device ? Whao u are ao smart ... Please accept it that u have been mis informed about ur samsung
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by psalmdave(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198: ^/facepalm

IPhone 5S is not the fastest
Even motorola x ranks higher shocked
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by GentleFrank(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2013
Good !
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Cletus244(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2013
My Sony xpiria z1 stil pass s4
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by ceaser: 8:26am On Dec 26, 2013
Davidbanky:

Yeah, same way every Americans used to die for ford, chevrolet and the likes. But who's the boss now, huh? The American citizen has realized the fuel efficiency prospects in those cars which their own cars couldn't give 'em, reason why they jumped ship. Now this same American cars are seriously exploring fuel efficiency in cars. Remember how much the western media tried to kill Toyota with the sticky footmat problem of the '08 camry (as if ford et al does not have worse factory defects), the American automobile industry crisis of 2008-2010 comes to mind. It's acceptable for a country to protect it's state owned businesses from formidable competition using tactics such as propaganda (over-flogging the Toyota sticky footmats issue), stiff and crippling economic penalties (Toyota and Honda) and sanctions on competitions at the slightest oversight (Samsung vs apple), filing for bankruptcy, buybacks, loan bailout and solvency for ailing corporations (The Big Three - Ford, GM & Chrysler).

Americans auto companies divisions have either sold off (saab) or eliminated (Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn), Ford sold their Aston Martin in 2007, Jaguar and Land Rover sold in 2008 to India TATA, Ford also sold their Volvo in 2010 to the Chinese motor manufacturer Geely Automobile (Zhejiang Geely Holding Group) and phased out their Mercury division in 2011. Resulting from fuel mileage competition from Asian cars Ford borrowed $5.9 billion to help their
vehicles meet higher mileage
requirements.

Apple is still enjoying the goodwill of Americans. There exist formidable competition to apple's over-hyped offering and the American people, aside from being swayed by the propaganda, also sees it as a patriotic duty to use their own products, and really, i have no problem with that. It's just a matter of time before this good will gets eroded and that's where the i forsee the problem, something I believe apple knows already which motivated their venture into the polycarbonate unibody form of the iphone 5C, something which has hitherto been exclusive to windows phone, the polycarbonate unibody is a form factor which before now has been looked down upon as inferior by i-fans. Android, and Samsung I think, are constantly improving and delivering new features with each update thereby continuously giving upgraded definition to what a smart device is. Remember where and when android started and see where it's gotten today. It assumed this position mostly by popularity among users rather than by propaganda in the media, movies, music videos etc. Until apple starts being aggressive innovative as android does, they might just have attained their peak and may no longer be able to hold that position for longer. The Americans might soon be yearning for more than "class" and "patriotism", and start demanding out-of-this-world smartness and functionality, in their i-devices, same warning goes to Microsoft windows 8.

I'm not entirely holding brief for android, but merely expressing my views as I'm an ardent Nokia user having ventured from symbian world to windows and not planning to venture outta that ecosystem anytime soon. By the way, I still keep and use my symbian devices. I love 'em, really.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 8:46am On Dec 26, 2013
ceaser:
Yeah, same way every Americans used to die for ford, chevrolet and the likes. But who's the boss now, huh? The American citizen has realized the fuel efficiency prospects in those cars which their own cars couldn't give 'em, reason why they jumped ship. Now this same American cars are seriously exploring fuel efficiency in cars. Remember how much the western media tried to kill Toyota with the sticky footmat problem of the '08 camry (as if ford et al does not have worse factory defects), the American automobile industry crisis of 2008-2010 comes to mind. It's acceptable for a country to protect it's state owned businesses from formidable competition using tactics such as propaganda (over-flogging the Toyota sticky footmats issue), stiff and crippling economic penalties (Toyota and Honda) and sanctions on competitions at the slightest oversight (Samsung vs apple), filing for bankruptcy, buybacks, loan bailout and solvency for ailing corporations (The Big Three - Ford, GM & Chrysler).

Americans auto companies divisions have either sold off (saab) or eliminated (Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn), Ford sold their Aston Martin in 2007, Jaguar and Land Rover sold in 2008 to India TATA, Ford also sold their Volvo in 2010 to the Chinese motor manufacturer Geely Automobile (Zhejiang Geely Holding Group) and phased out their Mercury division in 2011. Resulting from fuel mileage competition from Asian cars Ford borrowed $5.9 billion to help their
vehicles meet higher mileage
requirements.

Apple is still enjoying the goodwill of Americans. There exist formidable competition to apple's over-hyped offering and the American people, aside from being swayed by the propaganda, also sees it as a patriotic duty to use their own products, and really, i have no problem with that. It's just a matter of time before this good will gets eroded and that's where the i forsee the problem, something I believe apple knows already which motivated their venture into the polycarbonate unibody form of the iphone 5C, something which has hitherto been exclusive to windows phone, the polycarbonate unibody is a form factor which before now has been looked down upon as inferior by i-fans. Android, and Samsung I think, are constantly improving and delivering new features with each update thereby continuously giving upgraded definition to what a smart device is. Remember where and when android started and see where it's gotten today. It assumed this position mostly by popularity among users rather than by propaganda in the media, movies, music videos etc. Until apple starts being aggressive innovative as android does, they might just have attained their peak and may no longer be able to hold that position for longer. The Americans might soon be yearning for more than "class" and "patriotism", and start demanding out-of-this-world smartness and functionality, in their i-devices, same warning goes to Microsoft windows 8.

I'm not entirely holding brief for android, but merely expressing my views as I'm an ardent Nokia user having ventured from symbian world to windows and not planning to venture outta that ecosystem anytime soon. By the way, I still keep and use my symbian devices. I love 'em, really.

Oh I see why u all are pissed, the American beef ... Hmmm I understand now, America has made its name through selfishness and dignity in their ruling and they paid the price over 200 years ago, let them enjoy bro, beef is no good ....
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2013
Who says there's a comparison? Absolutely not there is non what so ever, how could anyone is a right frame of mind go for cheap, plasticy and full of crap S4. Have u even seen an iphone 5S? The sheer beauty, gold plated, well constructed build, gosh please who doesnt luv GOld? Maybe Samsungiets? Who cares about all those techy bullshit? Only geeks will the interested in all these crap, Air swipe, look away to pause movies, NFc, please!!! I enjoy simplicity, not some brain cracking and tasking way of tryna get my fone to work. And there is the feel of an apple product, u need to hold one to get that feeling of awesomeness...... Andriod? That Os prone to malicious malware and viruses, dont even get me started on andriod. Samsung doesnt even own an OS, you borrow from google abeit have an agreement with google, What happens if such arrangements is no more? but there is only one iOS, created and used only by Apple, no one can beat that.... I know samsung users are cheap people looking for cheap things cus if u could afford to buy a device of sheer brilliance and one of a kind technology you wldnt settle for less..... Apple tops all!!!!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2013
And yes i use an Iphone, dont u jus luv it? Lols

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Icudkill: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs: Who says there's a comparison? Absolutely not there is non what so ever, how could anyone is a right frame of mind go for cheap, plasticy and full of crap S4. Have u even seen an iphone 5S? The sheer beauty, gold plated, well constructed build, gosh please who doesnt luv GOld? Maybe Samsungiets? Who cares about all those techy bullshit? Only geeks will the interested in all these crap, Air swipe, look away to pause movies, NFc, please!!! I enjoy simplicity, not some brain cracking and tasking way of tryna get my fone to work. And there is the feel of an apple product, u need to hold one to get that feeling of awesomeness...... Andriod? That Os prone to malicious malware and viruses, dont even get me started on andriod. Samsung doesnt even own an OS, you borrow from google abeit have an agreement with google, What happens if such arrangements is no more? but there is only one iOS, created and used only by Apple, no one can beat that.... I know samsung users are cheap people looking for cheap things cus if u could afford to buy a device of sheer brilliance and one of a kind technology you wldnt settle for less..... Apple tops all!!!!
Heeey!!, pls keep quiet.
First, although samsung uses plastic in most of its fones, dat still has a very big advantage: it reduces the overall weight of d fone.
Compare an s4 to a 5s. And even wit plastic we ar still chunkin out very beautiful fones., look at the note 3, sexy, posh, light as a feather, and it still manages to look flambouyAnt..

Woow, only geeks wud be interested in smart view, air swipe, nfc,. U must be from mgbeke village to say such.. Why is it a smartfone if i may ask.. If u want simplicity buy asha, itz cheaper wit a longer lastin battery..

Nw d one wey make me vex; apple os is less prone to malware because they apple hav put d os in lockdown.. Its nt because of maybe some strong os as d might hav had u believe.; itz because the os does nt allow easy access into its core components by default;
Jailbreak ur iphone nd go downloading anyhow; like d android users do nd see weda ur iphone will not come to a full halt...

On the issue of samsumg borrowing os., spare us the child talk,. We ar consumers not relations of the owners of those companies;or is ur father steve jobs.? If not i dont see why we shud bother ourselves wit such trivial issue.. Itz just like me goin to d market to buy a phone , i don finish price d fone i come ask;; pls wer did the os of this fone come from., itz stewpid dnt u tink so?

Nd here's Anoda tin an andriod ill do ;MASS StoRAGe..
On the iphone u cant use d 'big' phone memory as mas storage.
But on d dear andriod u can nd most pple du, use d phone memory as a mass storage device.

And dose super amoled displays, as in they're really super..
U really cant compare
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs: Who says there's a comparison? Absolutely not there is non what so ever, how could anyone is a right frame of mind go for cheap, plasticy and full of crap S4. Have u even seen an iphone 5S? The sheer beauty, gold plated, well constructed build, gosh please who doesnt luv GOld? Maybe Samsungiets? Who cares about all those techy bullshit? Only geeks will the interested in all these crap, Air swipe, look away to pause movies, NFc, please!!! I enjoy simplicity, not some brain cracking and tasking way of tryna get my fone to work. And there is the feel of an apple product, u need to hold one to get that feeling of awesomeness...... Andriod? That Os prone to malicious malware and viruses, dont even get me started on andriod. Samsung doesnt even own an OS, you borrow from google abeit have an agreement with google, What happens if such arrangements is no more? but there is only one iOS, created and used only by Apple, no one can beat that.... I know samsung users are cheap people looking for cheap things cus if u could afford to buy a device of sheer brilliance and one of a kind technology you wldnt settle for less..... Apple tops all!!!!
seriously dis is d lamest post on dz thread !!!!lord av mercy on nairalanders !!

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by krugar07(m): 10:54am On Dec 26, 2013
Davidbanky: Check this stats out, it's Wikipedia and am sure u can't post anything there ....
ooh yes you can.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Defaramade(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2013
Some people will just come here & start running their mouth anyhow without knowing nada. How many androids have u used that has been affected by malware & virus as you claim?? And who told samsung doesn't have it's own OS, ever heard of "TIZEN"?? Go & do ur research well before coming here to post untruths & fallacy.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
I.cud.kill:

Heeey!!, pls keep quiet.
First, although samsung uses plastic in most of its fones, dat still has a very big advantage: it reduces the overall weight of d fone.
Compare an s4 to a 5s. And even wit plastic we ar still chunkin out very beautiful fones., look at the note 3, sexy, posh, light as a feather, and it still manages to look flambouyAnt..

Woow, only geeks wud be interested in smart view, air swipe, nfc,. U must be from mgbeke village to say such.. Why is it a smartfone if i may ask.. If u want simplicity buy asha, itz cheaper wit a longer lastin battery..

Nw d one wey make me vex; apple os is less prone to malware because they apple hav put d os in lockdown.. Its nt because of maybe some strong os as d might hav had u believe.; itz because the os does nt allow easy access into its core components by default;
Jailbreak ur iphone nd go downloading anyhow; like d android users do nd see weda ur iphone will not come to a full halt...

On the issue of samsumg borrowing os., spare us the child talk,. We ar consumers not relations of the owners of those companies;or is ur father steve jobs.? If not i dont see why we shud bother ourselves wit such trivial issue.. Itz just like me goin to d market to buy a phone , i don finish price d fone i come ask;; pls wer did the os of this fone come from., itz stewpid dnt u tink so?

Nd here's Anoda tin an andriod ill do ;MASS StoRAGe..
On the iphone u cant use d 'big' phone memory as mas storage.
But on d dear andriod u can nd most pple du, use d phone memory as a mass storage device.

And dose super amoled displays, as in they're really super..
U really cant compare

Why do andriod users always come up with the issue of mass storage? I find that arguement totally stupid and those who point it out dim-witted. There is clearly a wide range of capacitive storage on any apple device, 8g,16,32,64 and now 128G. You simply buy what caters for your need. Theres a wide array to choose from, That's called choice!
To answer your questions on my father being Stevie jobs, as you can see clearly he isnt, although it wld have been great if he was, maybe that way i wlda invited you to the next apple product unveiling event......

You say plastics reduces the overall weight of the S4? are you from dumbdumbson town? That tin weighs 130g as compared to an iphone 5S which weighs 112g or any other model of iphone, am sure you are suffering from the confusions so many samsung models, your delusion is called Samsungphrenia, no offence.

Super amoled display? Is that the name of a super hero? The eye can only distinguish jus a few pixels, 324 mega pixels to be exact, same as an iphone 5s produces, so more is just a waste.

What exactly is the basis of your arguement sef? Say na S4 better pass? Hahahahhahahahhah....... Wake up mahn!!! Embrace technology geared towards the few not the multitude.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Defaramade(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
aOllymurs: And yes i use an Iphone, dont u jus luv it? Lols
Yes we can see that u are on ios 7. But do u know that i can get that exact ios7 look on my android phone??
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Defaramade: Yes we can see that u are on ios 7. But do u know that i can get that exact ios7 look on my android phone??

O'l boy abeg no kill me with laffter abeg, So andriod offers you a replica ios 7? Hahhahahahahahha.... Its like wearing a suit for a chimp. How many top brand phones from samsung carry the TIZEN os? Non, you know why? Cus it is obsolete, not in use... No one goes to the market and buys a nokia symbian fone anymore, Tizen is in the same vein. Dumb ass!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
Davidbanky:

And how do u know that ? Just accept it and face reality that this thread has mis informed you gbam#
if only you knew how wrong you are.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Davidbanky(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs: And yes i use an Iphone, dont u jus luv it? Lols

Best OS check out the interface
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by MsTeez: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2013

If you want something simple to use and have money to throw at that, then by all means, stay with iPhone. If you do want more for your money though and a phone that allows you to do more, Samsung is the way

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by MsTeez: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:

Why do andriod users always come up with the issue of mass storage? I find that arguement totally stupid and those who point it out dim-witted. There is clearly a wide range of capacitive storage on any apple device, 8g,16,32,64 and now 128G. You simply buy what caters for your need. Theres a wide array to choose from, That's called choice!
Yea choice you can't change your mind about. What if I think I only need 16gb only in 6 months time to realise I actually need 64gb. Should I get another phone then? Situations change and iPhone is not adaptable.

You say plastics reduces the overall weight of the S4? are you from dumbdumbson town? That tin weighs 130g as compared to an iphone 5S which weighs 112g or any other model of iphone, am sure you are suffering from the confusions so many samsung models, your delusion is called Samsungphrenia, no offence.
Yea cos 18g is really going to weigh down your hands undecided It's a bigger phone with a bigger screen, you can expect more weight
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Defaramade(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:

O'l boy abeg no kill me with laffter abeg, So andriod offers you a replica ios 7? Hahhahahahahahha.... Its like wearing a suit for a chimp. How many top brand phones from samsung carry the TIZEN os? Non, you know why? Cus it is obsolete, not in use... No one goes to the market and buys a nokia symbian fone anymore, Tizen is in the same vein. Dumb ass!
S.M.H.4.U. U called Tizen that is still in its developmental/beta stage obsolete?? Mind u Tizen is different from Bada OS that samsung previously used on some of their phones. And android doesn't offer a replica of iOS7 but if u know ur way in droidland u can customize ur phone to get that iOS7 interface through a very simple procedure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.