Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40719 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Emekayoung(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Fulaman198:

Google play store
Bros dem dey buy fone frm google play store?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2013
zayidhs: Two more points:
1. Size
I love sports, actually play all games I'm opportuned; basketball, football, tennis, swimming, volleyball but most of all, badminton. Which brings me to my holy grail-running, it's my way of kicking everyday on. I run at least 10km every single morning on weekdays and at least 20km during the weekend.
I use an app called Nike+Running which uses the GPS on my phone to navigate routes, distance, pace etc at the same time playing music. Now this isn't the focal point of my argument as the app is cross platform so android has it. My issue is phone size #gbam! Imagine using an arm jacket, putting in pocket or holding an S4 in your palms and running at a pace of 5'30"/km for 1hr:30mins If you don't get tired of running, I assure you when you get home you won't be able to drive to work. How you wan take hold steering

2. Durability
When I had my iPhone 5, as a field service engineer, most of my work is outdoors and as such the number of times my phone fell(twice from a mast, but not too high sha) is uncountable. My iPhone 5 has fallen face down on gravel or cobbled road several times to the extent that at a latter stage I can't recall my phone falling down and my heart skipping a beat out of fear regardless of the height of fall or nature of the surface cos I came to realize it's a very tough phone. My colleague's S3 fell from a desk down to a carpeted terrazzo floor, see injury!!!.
With all that said sha, I'm more careful with my 5s, make mother luck no frown on me, lol.

Abeg I dey quote myself cos I've been waiting for S4 people to prove my above points wrong but they are all ignoring and challenging weaker arguments that are easier for them to attack.

In all reasons, what beats the comforts of ergonomics and durability? I've seen an iPhone 4S that dropped on the road and okada ran over it, but it was still ok. He'll, I would bet with any S4 NLander to challenge my 5S to a series of durability tests.
Air gesture, eye scroll and all that crap are things usually appreciated mostly by people that are not tech savvy( no insults intended).
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Emekayoung:

Yes... But I think its US, UK and some European Countries at the moment.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Emekayoung:

Got it while I was abroad for a month and half.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
aywhy93:

Yes... But I think its US, UK and some European Countries at the moment.

Correct, US, UK, France, Germany and Spain. Also India too
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by MsTeez: 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
zayidhs:

Abeg I dey quote myself cos I've been waiting for S4 people to prove my above points wrong but they are all ignoring and challenging weaker arguments that are easier for them to attack.

In all reasons, what beats the comforts of ergonomics and durability? I've seen an iPhone 4S that dropped on the road and okada ran over it, but it was still ok. He'll, I would bet with any S4 NLander to challenge my 5S to a series of durability tests.
Air gesture, eye scroll and all that crap are things usually appreciated mostly by people that are not tech savvy( no insults intended).
hahahahahahahahaha I'm literally lmao just reading that. so wanting a phone thats durable and small makes you tech savvy now. ok o

I can't comment on the durability of iphone5 and later models cos i have not spent more than 2 minutes holding anyone of them. I feel stupid just holding one but I will say I have had a Note 2 and now 3 and as a very clumsy person, those phones have suffered in my hands. I am yet to experience any broken phones. Yes everything just goes all over the floor, that reduces the impact on the body cos the force is spread all over unlike iPhone that's just shut tight. but whatever...

btw look 5s and s4 drop test below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACZdF_Gzcc

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by aywhy93(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fulaman198:

Correct, US, UK, France, Germany and Spain. Also India too

LOL, I try small ... grin
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 12:43am On Dec 29, 2013
aywhy93:

LOL, I try small ... grin

You did well
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by DONADAMS(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2013
IAMBREEZY: Well team galaxy s4 i love my s4.
Lmao..same here!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
MsTeez: hahahahahahahahaha I'm literally lmao just reading that. so wanting a phone thats durable and small makes you tech savvy now. ok o

I can't comment on the durability of iphone5 and later models cos i have not spent more than 2 minutes holding anyone of them. I feel stupid just holding one but I will say I have had a Note 2 and now 3 and as a very clumsy person, those phones have suffered in my hands. I am yet to experience any broken phones. Yes everything just goes all over the floor, that reduces the impact on the body cos the force is spread all over unlike iPhone that's just shut tight. but whatever...

btw look 5s and s4 drop test below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACZdF_Gzcc

Drop test performed & sponsored by who??
Pls don't get me doctored videos from YouTube that are not tested by an unbiased forum or in an impartial way. Get me something from a credible tech site or summat.

How long have you been using your note 3? Cos you said "these" phones have suffered, so I want to know how many times your note3 fell?, on what?, which manner? & height of fall. Cos the way you talk am be like say your note3 don suffer for at least say, 1 year - if not, you've not earned the right to make the statement you just made.

Please don't put words in my mouth, my point is people that know little about technology are the ones targeted by mobile companies with meaningless apps that will make them feel super about their devices, I never said anything about the phone making me tech savvy; but maybe it's cos I so much love technology, maybe cos my friends call me gadget man, maybe cos I've been in IT world for over 14 years(professionally), maybe cos I can do little things like disassembling any computer or phone in less than 15 minutes, maybe cos I can configure routers, perform advanced configurations & set up large scale networks. Maybe cos I'm fascinated by technology and keep a very keen eye on all developments be it mobile, production line, security, or others like space research, health breakthroughs etc or maybe as you said, it's cos my phone is durable and small, but who am I to argue? You seem to be the smart one.

On a final note(forgive the pun-I couldn't resist) you said holding an iPhone made you feel stupid right? It does actually say a lot about you and gives me more reason to ignore you.
Stay blessed.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
zayidhs:

Pls don't get me doctored videos from YouTube that are not tested by an unbiased forum or in an impartial way. Get me something from a credible tech site or summat.

How long have you been using your note 3? Cos you said "these" phones have suffered, so I want to know how many times your note3 fell?, on what?, which manner? & height of fall. Cos the way you talk am be like say your note3 don suffer for at least say, 1 year - if not, you've not earned the right to make the statement you just made.

Please don't put words in my mouth, my point is people that know little about technology are the ones targeted by mobile companies with meaningless apps that will make them feel super about their devices, I never said anything about the phone making me tech savvy; but maybe it's cos I so much love technology, maybe cos my friends call me gadget man, maybe cos I've been in IT world for over 14 years(professionally), maybe cos I can do little things like disassembling any computer or phone in less than 15 minutes, maybe cos I can configure routers, perform advanced configurations & set up large scale networks. Maybe cos I'm fascinated by technology and keep a very keen eye on all developments be it mobile, production line, security, or others like space research, health breakthroughs etc or maybe as you said, it's cos my phone is durable and small, but who am I to argue? You seem to be the smart one.

On a final note(forgive the pun-I couldn't resist) you said holding an iPhone made you feel stupid right? It does actually say a lot about you and gives me more reason to ignore you.
Stay blessed.

If you think about it though, plastics tend to be more durable when dropped even if the video may be a bit biased.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Fulaman198:

If you think about it though, plastics tend to be more durable when dropped even if the video may be a bit biased.

Emm, Oga sir, so you think plastics tend to be more durable than Aluminuim abi??
Well, I get your point but do you know that Apple made internal fittings of all components to fit just perfectly to a precision of micrometer??
Do you know that unless a force strong enough to crush the reinforced Aluminuim walls of an iPhone 5 or 5s is applied, there is no internal component that can shift from place even for a micrometer??
Do you know that Apple tempered the Aluminuim casing by variating it's resonance during fabrication such that any vibration due to force, impact or any other cause will change the energy form to sound and reverberate out reducing shock on the phone
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
zayidhs:

Emm, Oga sir, so you think plastics tend to be more durable than Aluminuim abi??
Well, I get your point but do you know that Apple made internal fittings of all components to fit just perfectly to a precision of micrometer??
Do you know that unless a force strong enough to crush the reinforced Aluminuim walls of an iPhone 5 or 5s is applied, there is no internal component that can shift from place even for a micrometer??
Do you know that Apple tempered the Aluminuim casing by variating it's resonance during fabrication such that any vibration due to force, impact or any other cause will change the energy form to sound and reverberate out reducing shock on the phone

I know where you are coming from, and you have great points dear friend. Picture it this way, bouncing a plastic ball as opposed to bouncing an aluminium ball. Rubber polymers are plastics right? They may be cheaper to make but more durable for drop tests.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Fulaman198:

I know where you are coming from, and you have great points dear friend. Picture it this way, bouncing a plastic ball as opposed to bouncing an aluminium ball. Rubber polymers are plastics right? They may be cheaper to make but more durable for drop tests.

Well you are correct there, and I agree to a certain degree(little drops/falls) that the Samsung will exhibit a better if I may say, tendency not to experience shock.

But, on a holistic view, the iPhone takes it since greater impacts are better catered for.
I assure you my old iPhone 5 fell about 22 feet from a mast and all I had was a dent beside the earphone jack port & I witnessed(while driving) an iPhone 4s being ran over by an okada of which I parked, my friend got the phone and we went after the owner who didn't even know his phone fell(& the guy was acting like we were going to kidnap him). Stopped him and gave him the phone which was working perfectly albeit with some scratches on the edges. That was the moment I decided to buy an iPhone.
BTW, then I was using Nokia E7(which i still am using) & Sony Xperia T26(which I kicked out).

To conclude, just imagine a Samsung note3 or S4 plunging down 20 feet onto a concrete floor....
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by MsTeez: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
zayidhs:

Stay blessed.

ermmmm was your intention to be intimidating when you started listing your working experience cos I did not know you needed to be able to disassemble a computer before I could test its durability. pardon my ignorance.

You're fixated on the note 3 cos you know it's not been out for that long. Only had it for about a month but I had my Note 2 for a year before I sold it and it was in pristine condition. My phone makes me feel super about it and I love it for that. At least, Samsung bothers to put some "meaningless" apps to compensate for the amount I spent on the phone. What did Apple give you? Maybe a bloated idea that you are superior because you don't buy into gimmicks and you would pay premium for a phone that's simple at best.

btw, you can perform and record your own drop tests if a live recorded one is not enough for you.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 4:36am On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1:

i'd have you know, i can put up any thing i like on google.
yes you can...but it will never reach the front page....not even the first 20 pages.

2 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 4:49am On Dec 30, 2013
Ollymurs: And yes i use an Iphone, dont u jus luv it? Lols
here is my android...don't you just love it? Lols

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 4:49am On Dec 30, 2013
Ollymurs:

O'l boy abeg no kill me with laffter abeg, So andriod offers you a replica ios 7? Hahhahahahahahha.... Its like wearing a suit for a chimp. How many top brand phones from samsung carry the TIZEN os? Non, you know why? Cus it is obsolete, not in use... No one goes to the market and buys a nokia symbian fone anymore, Tizen is in the same vein. Dumb ass!
proof

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 4:53am On Dec 30, 2013
zayidhs:

you say they aren't appreciated. Well an iPhone is a smartphone, but all those extra features on an s4 just makes it a smarter phone.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 30, 2013
davetwitzy: you say they aren't appreciated. Well an iPhone is a smartphone, but all those extra features on an s4 just makes it a smarter phone.

Wow! Catchy, I think you should work for an ad outfit but wait, I've heard that one before.

All those apps do not impress ME, for example my sister took my iPhone and downloaded an app that when you stand the iPhone on a smooth surface, it rotates itself 360 degrees while capturing and I was like WTH?? Cos I wasn't impressed at all but she was like in love with the app.

But it's simple really;

You prefer Samsung + Android cos that is what you use & you'll stand by it all day.

I prefer iPhone + iOS cos that is what I can afford use & likewise, I'll defend my choice year round.

Usually, when a deadlock takes place, there are no winners so, I agree that to you, Samsung S4 is better & to me, iPhone 5S is better.

Case settled!!!
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2013
davetwitzy: yes you can...but it will never reach the front page....not even the first 20 pages.
would you like a bet on this?? i give you four days. lets place a bet

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: would you like a bet on this?? i give you four days. lets place a bet
what you don't know is that the top spot for Google searches are bought. People pay for it. Why do you think Wikipedia results are always among the first 3 google search results, you think say na jazz.....na wetin babalawo no ft do. So let's make a bet of about 20k...or let's drop our phones down
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 10:23am On Dec 30, 2013
zayidhs:

Wow! Catchy, I think you should work for an ad outfit but wait, I've heard that one before.

All those apps do not impress ME, for example my sister took my iPhone and downloaded an app that when you stand the iPhone on a smooth surface, it rotates itself 360 degrees while capturing and I was like WTH?? Cos I wasn't impressed at all but she was like in love with the app.

But it's simple really;

You prefer Samsung + Android cos that is what you use & you'll stand by it all day.

I prefer iPhone + iOS cos that is what I can afford use & likewise, I'll defend my choice year round.

Usually, when a deadlock takes place, there are no winners so, I agree that to you, Samsung S4 is better & to me, iPhone 5S is better.

Case settled!!!
I don't use a Samsung s4. This thread just caught my attention. I would rather go for other android phones like the Nexus 5.....which is equally better that your iPhone's
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Please where can I get a pebble smartwatch in Nigeria
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
davetwitzy: what you don't know is that the top spot for Google searches are bought. People pay for it. Why do you think Wikipedia results are always among the first 3 google search results, you think say na jazz.....na wetin babalawo no ft do. So let's make a bet of about 20k...or let's drop our phones down
never mind the way i will do it, contact me via this pin 750e51c2, the bet is on, and no take backs.

lets work woth the title, a bet between davetwitzy and deejay harry.. thts what is going up on the google first page...

contact me dude .... bet is on
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1:
davetwitzy:

what you don't know is that the top spot for Google searches are bought. People pay for it. Why do you think Wikipedia results are always among the first 3 google search results, you think say na jazz.....na wetin babalawo no ft do. So let's make a bet of about 20k...or let's drop our phones down

never mind the way i will do it, contact me via this pin 750e51c2, the bet is on, and no take backs.

lets work woth the title, a bet between davetwitzy and deejay harry.. thts what is going up on the google first page...

Comeon guys, it hasn't gotten to that.
davetwitzy, you are right by your top search assertions but once in a while that phenomenon is broken which means deejay_harry1 might be the person to break into top 3.
Also, I believe he feels you are saying he can't achieve what he puts himself to and that is why he is offended as your remark sounds personal - though I believe it isn't.
With all that said, I believe you guys can be gentlemen and let this one slide.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
zayidhs:

Well you are correct there, and I agree to a certain degree(little drops/falls) that the Samsung will exhibit a better if I may say, tendency not to experience shock.

But, on a holistic view, the iPhone takes it since greater impacts are better catered for.
I assure you my old iPhone 5 fell about 22 feet from a mast and all I had was a dent beside the earphone jack port & I witnessed(while driving) an iPhone 4s being ran over by an okada of which I parked, my friend got the phone and we went after the owner who didn't even know his phone fell(& the guy was acting like we were going to kidnap him). Stopped him and gave him the phone which was working perfectly albeit with some scratches on the edges. That was the moment I decided to buy an iPhone.
BTW, then I was using Nokia E7(which i still am using) & Sony Xperia T26(which I kicked out).

To conclude, just imagine a Samsung note3 or S4 plunging down 20 feet onto a concrete floor....

Those are very impressive feats. I can't speak for Samsung devices 20 feet falling, but my Galaxy S original from 2010 has fallen from my pocket on hard concrete and not one scratch. My Nexus 5 has not fallen yet, because I am very overprotective of it lol.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: never mind the way i will do it, contact me via this pin 750e51c2, the bet is on, and no take backs.

I'll add you in a bit...let's do it like this, you will make a website and write. a biography about Paul Walker. If your biography can beat Wikipedia's or be in the top 3 search results I'll give you 5000000000$, but if not you will give me #200k
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
davetwitzy:
I'll add you in a bit...let's do it like this, you will make a website and write. a biography about Paul Walker. If your biography can beat Wikipedia's or be in the top 3 search results I'll give you 5000000000$, but if not you will give me #200k
i already have a website featured on google.. no need advicing me bro . ... lets not make bets we will laugh at in the end, i want something real, something i am sure we both can afford, add me up bro, or drop me your pin, i am dead serious on this. i am setting up 50, 000 naira, in words, Fifty thousand naira for this bet , i am ready.. no one said anything about beating wikipedia, you asked for it to be on google's first page.
the caption

"DAVETWITZY AND DEEJAY HARRY'S BET, with infos to the bet.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
davetwitzy:
grin grin

Keep us updated about the bets.. no take backs plz
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by davetwitzy: 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
deejay_harry1: i already have a website featured on google.. no need advicing me bro . ... lets not make bets we will laugh at in the end, i want something real, something i am sure we both can afford, add me up bro, or drop me your pin, i am dead serious on this. i am setting up 50, 000 naira, in words, Fifty thousand naira for this bet , i am ready.. no one said anything about beating wikipedia, you asked for it to be on google's first page.
the caption

"DAVETWITZY AND DEEJAY HARRY'S BET, with infos to the bet.
noone said anything about 1st page
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by HARDDON: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2013
Davidbanky:

Well u got nothing to prove, apple is the world best brand and they displaced coca-cola after 13 years, so before anybody post any self judgmental remarks about any product go online, make research cos u guyz are not the only people on earth, we have 7billion people and am sure America is bigger than Nigeria and considering the people that uses iPhone in America, I bet samsung dominating Nigeria is not a factor, moreover it's obvious we don't know much about anything other than copy and gossip .... And please who is that guy that dropped this thread ? I mean who is he ? Like who, u know ?

simple rant, utter rave

do u knw who

those who Got more money than brains go with?

yea, your guess is as gud as mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.