Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't (40720 Views)

7 Things Samsung Galaxy Star Does That Blackberry Q10 Can’t / My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
MsTeez: Yea choice you can't change your mind about. What if I think I only need 16gb only in 6 months time to realise I actually need 64gb. Should I get another phone then? Situations change and iPhone is not adaptable.

Yea cos 18g is really going to weigh down your hands undecided It's a bigger phone with a bigger screen, you can expect more weight

MsTeez....lol, sarcasm not intended, wanna point out a few facts to you. We mostly store what we don't need, a 16g memory will accommodate an average persons phone needs, about 400 songs, a few videos, lots of pictures and plenty apps, In the event you want more i dont see why you shouldn't delete a few of the old stuffs you have to make room for the new, i have an Iphone 32g and ipad 64, i haven't even been able to fill half of both devices, already i have over 1000 songs on both devices, movies and pics pelu plenty apps. And to point out the ipad has about 35movies presently Aha!!! Wetin i dey find again na? Am sure same applies to you too? So there is no excuse of coming in 6months and wanting a bigger storage, in 6months if you want more storage delete the old stuff..... Shikena
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by krugar07(m): 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:
You say plastics reduces the overall weight of the S4? are you from dumbdumbson town? That tin weighs 130g as compared to an iphone 5S which weighs 112g or any other model of iphone, am sure you are suffering from the confusions so many samsung models, your delusion is called Samsungphrenia, no offence.
comparing the weight of a 4'' er to a 5'' er and the diff is negligible.

Super amoled display? Is that the name of a super hero? [s]The eye can only distinguish jus a few pixels[/s] (incomprehensible), 324 mega pixels shocked to be exact, same as an iphone 5s produces, so more is just a waste.
since when did pixel density start being measured in megapixels? undecided . i have seen the ip5 screen and s4 screen side by side, the s4 is sharper. (ip5 and ip5s use the same display)

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:

MsTeez....lol, sarcasm not intended, wanna point out a few facts to you. We mostly store what we don't need, a 16g memory will accommodate an average persons phone needs, about 400 songs, a few videos, lots of pictures and plenty apps, In the event you want more i dont see why you shouldn't delete a few of the old stuffs you have to make room for the new, i have an Iphone 32g and ipad 64, i haven't even been able to fill half of both devices, already i have over 1000 songs on both devices, movies and pics pelu plenty apps. And to point out the ipad has about 35movies presently Aha!!! Wetin i dey find again na? Am sure same applies to you too? So there is no excuse of coming in 6months and wanting a bigger storage, in 6months if you want more storage delete the old stuff..... Shikena
i have a samsung with a 16gb internal and a 32gb memory card... im planning to get a 64gb sd card come january, coz the 32gb is filled up.... hd movies, documents, musics and ebooks... undecided
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by MsTeez: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:

Well I'll store how ever amount of stuff I need if I want to. I don't need Apple making that decision for me.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
krugar07: comparing the weight of a 4'' er to a 5'' er and the diff is negligible.

since when did pixel density start being measured in megapixels? undecided . i have seen the ip5 screen and s4 screen side by side, the s4 is sharper. (ip5 and ip5s use the same display)

you see things one way, and your camera sees things differently. That is the point i was trying to make, the human eye viewing a display from say about 12 inches away cannot discern individual pixels if the density is over 320pixels per inch. So looking at both displays on both fones and saying one is clearer is not true, take away ur eyes and look at both fones individual, then together increase the iphone backlight while at it And point out the difference.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Icudkill: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ollymurs:

Why do andriod users always come up with the issue of mass storage? I find that arguement totally stupid and those who point it out dim-witted. There is clearly a wide range of capacitive storage on any apple device, 8g,16,32,64 and now 128G. You simply buy what caters for your need. Theres a wide array to choose from, That's called choice!
To answer your questions on my father being Stevie jobs, as you can see clearly he isnt, although it wld have been great if he was, maybe that way i wlda invited you to the next apple product unveiling event......

You say plastics reduces the overall weight of the S4? are you from dumbdumbson town? That tin weighs 130g as compared to an iphone 5S which weighs 112g or any other model of iphone, am sure you are suffering from the confusions so many samsung models, your delusion is called Samsungphrenia, no offence.

Super amoled display? Is that the name of a super hero? The eye can only distinguish jus a few pixels, 324 mega pixels to be exact, same as an iphone 5s produces, so more is just a waste.

What exactly is the basis of your arguement sef? Say na S4 better pass? Hahahahhahahahhah....... Wake up mahn!!! Embrace technology geared towards the few not the multitude.
Nw pay attention..

Wen i said mass storage i meant an android can be used as a mass storage device.. As in u can use it to transfer files, store data e.t.c unlike d iphone dat doesnt provide u wit read/write capabilities...

Compare the size of the s4 nd 5s.. Now reason rationally, the 5s is ova 1inch bigger and d weight difference is just 18g..
If apple wer to make an iphone as big as an s4. Itz weight will be well ova 250g

Nd yes super amoled is a super hero in sreen display.. God!, all dat picture quality it dazzles the eye.. Ur argument is dat although the s4 is beta d diffrence cannot be noticed;; at first i toht u wer being sarcastic but nw i really knw ure from mgbeke town.. Take a closer look( maybe u hav glaucoma) the s4's screen givs u better colour density, brighter colours, nd a sharper image..
I dont knw why ure findin it hard to notice,
Den again u might not hav seen or used the s4 probably just basin ure argument on wat u read from an iphone tilted blog

D only tin an iphone can boast about is build quality an apple sure charges u well(very well) for dat.
A new iphone 4s still goes for about 105k.
A gs3 is just above 63k and we all know the 4s cannot breathe where the gs3 is talkin(or dnt u knw, if yes ill explain). So ill pay additional 42k for just build quality., pulease i aint dat dumb.

It all boils down to the market tactics apple is using for u guyz., theyre just brainwashin u makin u bliv an iphone is a 'special' phone for select pple.. Nd seriously NA WASH..

An iphone wud hav been great if it sold for lesser.. But at dose ungodly prices,, itz still nd will foreva be overhyped, unfunctional and basically exploitative
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
Davidbanky:

So you switch from low end samsung device to a costly iPhone device ? Whao u are ao smart ... Please accept it that u have been mis informed about ur samsung

I don't own a Samsung, I have an LG Nexus 5
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
Cletus244: My Sony xpiria z1 stil pass s4

The Z1 is one of the top 4 fastest Android devices, it is an amazing phone
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
psalmdave: Even motorola x ranks higher shocked

If one looks closely, the Nexus 5 even beats the iPhone 5s. Samsung Galaxy S4 has poor software implementation.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceaser:
Yeah, same way every Americans used to die for ford, chevrolet and the likes. But who's the boss now, huh? The American citizen has realized the fuel efficiency prospects in those cars which their own cars couldn't give 'em, reason why they jumped ship. Now this same American cars are seriously exploring fuel efficiency in cars. Remember how much the western media tried to kill Toyota with the sticky footmat problem of the '08 camry (as if ford et al does not have worse factory defects), the American automobile industry crisis of 2008-2010 comes to mind. It's acceptable for a country to protect it's state owned businesses from formidable competition using tactics such as propaganda (over-flogging the Toyota sticky footmats issue), stiff and crippling economic penalties (Toyota and Honda) and sanctions on competitions at the slightest oversight (Samsung vs apple), filing for bankruptcy, buybacks, loan bailout and solvency for ailing corporations (The Big Three - Ford, GM & Chrysler).

Americans auto companies divisions have either sold off (saab) or eliminated (Pontiac, Hummer, Saturn), Ford sold their Aston Martin in 2007, Jaguar and Land Rover sold in 2008 to India TATA, Ford also sold their Volvo in 2010 to the Chinese motor manufacturer Geely Automobile (Zhejiang Geely Holding Group) and phased out their Mercury division in 2011. Resulting from fuel mileage competition from Asian cars Ford borrowed $5.9 billion to help their
vehicles meet higher mileage
requirements.

Apple is still enjoying the goodwill of Americans. There exist formidable competition to apple's over-hyped offering and the American people, aside from being swayed by the propaganda, also sees it as a patriotic duty to use their own products, and really, i have no problem with that. It's just a matter of time before this good will gets eroded and that's where the i forsee the problem, something I believe apple knows already which motivated their venture into the polycarbonate unibody form of the iphone 5C, something which has hitherto been exclusive to windows phone, the polycarbonate unibody is a form factor which before now has been looked down upon as inferior by i-fans. Android, and Samsung I think, are constantly improving and delivering new features with each update thereby continuously giving upgraded definition to what a smart device is. Remember where and when android started and see where it's gotten today. It assumed this position mostly by popularity among users rather than by propaganda in the media, movies, music videos etc. Until apple starts being aggressive innovative as android does, they might just have attained their peak and may no longer be able to hold that position for longer. The Americans might soon be yearning for more than "class" and "patriotism", and start demanding out-of-this-world smartness and functionality, in their i-devices, same warning goes to Microsoft windows 8.

I'm not entirely holding brief for android, but merely expressing my views as I'm an ardent Nokia user having ventured from symbian world to windows and not planning to venture outta that ecosystem anytime soon. By the way, I still keep and use my symbian devices. I love 'em, really.

This is completely true, any Nigerian who lives in America knows this.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
krugar07: comparing the weight of a 4'' er to a 5'' er and the diff is negligible.

The iPhone screen isn't sharp at all anymore by today's standards. It's not even 720p. We have screens that are 1080p now and soon to be 4k.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by bibiking7(m): 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
OK,
Its funny how no one has mentioned the ability of samsung GS2, GS3, GS4, Note 2 and note 3 to use a USB keyboard and a mouse. Infact, you can connect a USB HUB to your samsung phones and then connect both a keyboard and a mouse to the phone at the same time. Those phones are good.
I do have a problem with the heat they generate though when you abuse the phone by running a whole lot of apps at the same time.
Plus people have just come out to compare GS4 to Iphone 5s. I would have expected Iphone users to come out and tell us the things that an Iphone can do that a GS4 cant. Rather than come here to give us statistics about sales. The person that created the thread was not talking about sales, Just functionality. I am looking forward to an I-tv though, lets see what they got..

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by FOREXMARTS: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Don't forget that s4 has double exhaust pipes, push to start, air condition, swimming pool and finally a jacuzzi. Wtf am I saying? Happy Xnas.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Bosun13: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
No bluetooth to share file and non removable battery, no memory card. Naija no like am(iphone)
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
bibiking7: OK,
Its funny how no one has mentioned the ability of samsung GS2, GS3, GS4, Note 2 and note 3 to use a USB keyboard and a mouse. Infact, you can connect a USB HUB to your samsung phones and then connect both a keyboard and a mouse to the phone at the same time. Those phones are good.
I do have a problem with the heat they generate though when you abuse the phone by running a whole lot of apps at the same time.
Plus people have just come out to compare GS4 to Iphone 5s. I would have expected Iphone users to come out and tell us the things that an Iphone can do that a GS4 cant. Rather than come here to give us statistics about sales. The person that created the thread was not talking about sales, Just functionality. I am looking forward to an I-tv though, lets see what they got..

OTG cables work with any Android device. You can even use Bluetooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--zcmqIyRI&

This is an old android device too
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Shnx: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
The Knox-enabled Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone reportedly suffers from a vulnerability that could allow malicious software to track emails and record data communications, reports the WSJ.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Shnx: The Knox-enabled Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone reportedly suffers from a vulnerability that could allow malicious software to track emails and record data communications, reports the WSJ.

I bet that was done on purpose for certain groups of people who want to view everything people are doing.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
Please keep in mind that is this being demonstrated on a 2 year old device running Android 4.0.2, an iteration of Ice Cream Sandwich. Another way Android is so far ahead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-icTl2J-c&
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by loswhite(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
aywhy93:

Why are you still being apple-sided ? You've already said the real fact... Despite Samsung is producing so many phones a year, their high end device is still better than the only phone Apple is producing a year. Its like a team playing UEFA Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup and winning it all while the other team who is only playing Premier League cannot win it despite the full concentration they have because its the only Competition they are playing at the moment. I'm sure you get the logic, Samsung is producing like 3 devices a year and their high end device among the 3 is still better than the only high end Apple is producing. #Apple ko, Banana ni#
this is your opinion
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
ceaser:
US and western media [size=30pt]propaganda[/size] aimed at rendering competitions unimportant and redundant. It's left to you to make an informed and correct choice.
. [size=30pt]time for africa to coperate[/size]
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nothing works right in Samsung phones.They add any features they see anywhere,and result is the crowded UI full of names that attracts consumers easily,but just after buying people understand that non of them are usefull.

3 Likes

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Stock Android or close to stock Android is the way to go.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Defaramade(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198: Stock Android or close to stock Android is the way to go.
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Shnx: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
aze: Nothing works right in Samsung phones.They add any features they see anywhere,and result is the crowded UI full of names that attracts consumers easily,but just after buying people understand that non of them are usefull.

True talk.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by poohnahnee: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
Shnx:

True talk.
chairman of clueless people association.

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by jwills(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2013
Fulaman198: The only Android users switching over to iPhone are those with low-end devices

i beg 2 differ, coz even d iphone 4s is more expensive dan some highend android!

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Tomiccell: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2013
Dunno what the big fuss is btw S4 and iphone5s..in all honesty, they are both lovely phones.
I hardly think there's one better than the other in totality. They've both got their highs and low points. Think it balls down to what you want from your device.

One question for most S4 users.. In the real sense, how often do you use all these great features on your device (air gestures and what not)?
Truth is, for me. I love my iPhone way more than S4 mostly because of the UI feel,apps, the actual performance and feel of the iphone5s is fantastic. Plus now the fingerprint home key. It adds a big level of ease while still keeping the phone sleek and secure. The screen size is a 10/10 for me, can comfortably use my thumb to navigate most daily used things. It serves all my requirements and still looks very sexy
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Fulaman198: Team Nexus 5
with you bro

1 Like

Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
androidroot: with you bro

Are you running it on ART my bro? grin. Phone is super quick on ART.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
jwills:

i beg 2 differ, coz even d iphone 4s is more expensive dan some highend android!

Please give some examples. It is well known that Apple overprices their equipment.
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Fulaman198:

I don't own a Samsung, I have an LG Nexus 5

please where did u get yours from?
Re: Things Samsung's Galaxy S4 Can Do That Iphone 5S Can't by Fulaman198(m): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2013
nifie:

please where did u get yours from?

Google play store

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

GIONEE M3mini(4000mah Battery) Full Specification And Price / Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.