Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (44209 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by 3coins(m): 6:12am On Dec 27, 2013
shocked z diz nt d same airport I went to few weeks back?......very commendable indeed

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 8:02am On Dec 27, 2013
phantonce:
dnt ever in ur life call me a liar.I dnt take kindly to insults.
if u cnt verify my claim.so be it.
lol... ODE. What d helll are you going to do. You are a Bladdi LIAR. That is FACT; nobi Insults.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

I see why it took you forever to answer my question, looks like you are at least smarter than the other dullards and dummies quoting me in this thread because you saw the trap I set with that question and made sure to answer appropriately to cover your tracks, but the other goofy dullards didn't see anything.

According to you, the president is not responsible for his ministers and their actions, but in this thread, he's directly responsible and he approves their actions.

Obviously, your flawed, insane and deceptive conclusions means when his ministers do good, he takes the credit eve because everything is based on his approval, but when they do bad, he's not responsible and he approves nothing.

Unfortunately for you, you can not run away from your lies, deceptions and idiocies...

I hardly pay you any attention because you are like a cartoon character and a mindless pest to me, but I do enjoy exposing you liars and deceptive clowns every now and then...

The concept of leadership and accountability is foreign to you, your master and your kind hence the daily drama and absurdities we see everyday...

Cry me a river!
The logic is simple. A minister cannot build or embark on projects without express directive or approval of the president. However, NOT all actions of the minister can be attributed to the president. The president cannot be blamed if a minister goes about breaking traffic rules, engaging in mindless stealing or battering his wife.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Lilimax(f): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2013
jmaine:

This has got to be the most dumbest and embarrassing post of the year shocked
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by nduchucks: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2013
It is quite shameful that on the verge of entering the year 2014, Nigerians are celebrating the upgrade of an Aerodrome as a major Presidential accomplishment. it is equally shameful for so-called enlightened Nigerians to continue to do the same with Highway construction.

You people want to remain in the dark ages, apparently, else you'd demand more than these petty accomplisments from your President. I hope the President will come up with big and great ideas in 2014 and truly give us genuine wins, and things to truly celebrate.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by koboko69: 8:37am On Dec 27, 2013
MAY 29 2015 IS THE EXPIRY DATE FOR ALL THIS PDP E ROBOTS WITH NO BRAINS!!! THEY ONLY POST WHAT THIER MANAGERS PROGRAMME THEM TO DO; WHAT ELSE DO I EXPECT FROM PEOPLE WITH NO BRAINS?

HOW CAN I EXPLAIN THIS BIGGOTS CELEBERATING THIS SHAMBLE AS A MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT BY A SERVING PRESIDENT! EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYED...MANAGE TO USE YOUR BRAINS SOMETIMES COS YOU ALWAYS END UP MAKING THE FOOL OF YOUR PRESIDENT JUST THE WAY ABATI DID ON TWITTER YESTERDAY, THINKING YOU ARE ACTUALLY SINGING HIS PRAISES!

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2013
taharqa: lol... ODE. What d helll are you going to do. You are a Bladdi LIAR. That is FACTS; nobi Insults.
u are pushing me to the fence.av u even ever been to the airport.
if u cnt counter attack my claims,believe me.
by d way,dnt ever quote me again
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by otokx(m): 8:52am On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta: ..

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3305361

^^^^^^^^ That's the isolated west end area of the Airport where they conduct rescue, fire drills and training and it's far away from the main terminals for safety reasons.. That's from the same website..

What you have in your picture is a dummy plane strictly for training..

Ode comparing his absurdity in Lagos with Gatwik. Is your leaking roof and hot oven bootlegged airport in the same league with Gatwick to start with?

I pardon you because you are village dweller and you lack international exposure and sophistication.

The liars will keep being exposed, all the famous airports added together in Nigeria will not be able to compete with just Gatwick alone not to talk of Heathrow, yet we are the Giant of Africa.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Ayekotoo(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2013
koboko69: MAY 29 2015 IS THE EXPIRY DATE FOR ALL THIS PDP E ROBOTS WITH NO BRAINS!!! THEY ONLY POST WHAT THIER MANAGERS PROGRAMME THEM TO DO; WHAT ELSE DO I EXPECT FROM PEOPLE WITH NO BRAINS?

HOW CAN I EXPLAIN THIS BIGGOTS CELEBERATING THIS SHAMBLE AS A MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT BY A SERVING PRESIDENT! EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYED...MANAGE TO USE YOUR BRAINS SOMETIMES COS YOU ALWAYS END UP MAKING THE FOOL OF YOUR PRESIDENT JUST THE WAY ABATI DID ON TWITTER YESTERDAY, THINKING YOU ARE ACTUALLY SINGING HIS PRAISES!
I work at the Lagos Airport, this airport is the most shameful airport I know. From the roads leading to the airport to the toll gate to the environments are all eyesores. no need writing much

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by otokx(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2013
The PDP laptop dogs should be taking for a fresher course in London with a stop over at Frankfurt then they will understand what an Airport should look like and the quality of service that should be delivered.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta: ..

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3305361

^^^^^^^^ That's the isolated west end area of the Airport where they conduct rescue, fire drills and training and it's far away from the main terminals for safety reasons.. That's from the same website..

What you have in your picture is a dummy plane strictly for training..

Ode comparing his absurdity in Lagos with Gatwik. Is your leaking roof and hot oven bootlegged airport in the same league with Gatwick to start with?

Excuses excuses excuses. Is it within Gatwick premises or not? It IS. By YOUR logic, it should be trimmed and landscaped... You did not measure distance or utility of the land when condemning MMA.

Here's another example: Shannon Airport Ireland... Again.. no great landscaping around unused areas.

Here's Dallas Fortworth Airport, Texas - overgrown grass fields...

Here's Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris. Again... no great landscaping, and overgrown grass around unused areas: Mind you, these are some of the best airports in the world!

I pardon you because you are village dweller and you lack international exposure and sophistication.
That's a bit rich coming from a two-a-penny tout like you who still sees pictures taken with white men as the ultimate achievement.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite shameful that on the verge of entering the year 2014, Nigerians are celebrating the upgrade of an Aerodrome as a major Presidential accomplishment. it is equally shameful for so-called enlightened Nigerians to continue to do the same with Highway construction.

You people want to remain in the dark ages, apparently, else you'd demand more than these petty accomplisments from your President. I hope the President will come up with big and great ideas in 2014 and truly give us genuine wins, and things to truly celebrate.
And this is coming from someone who celebrates every form of negative report about Nigeria? You celebrate negative reports but you dont want us to acknowledge positives in our country? Are you a demon?

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 9:31am On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: It is quite shameful that on the verge of entering the year 2014, Nigerians are celebrating the upgrade of an Aerodrome as a major Presidential accomplishment. it is equally shameful for so-called enlightened Nigerians to continue to do the same with Highway construction.

'Ndu-chuks', abeg SHUT it, Ok??

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by rozayx5(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
ogb5:

You obviously did not experience Buhari's rule. Go and ask older ones in your vicinity to tell you about is regime.

Let them tell you about Essential commodities and what it means then to be able to buy such things as rice, cooking oil, OMO detergent and bread.

Ask what was Buhari's policy on importation of industrial raw materials like wheat, Malted barley. Ask about the demise of Kingsway Superstores, Berec batteries.

ask about WAI andhow civilians were flogged in the streets by soldiers as if civilians are animals.

like I said, you did not experience Buhari's rule. if you are hungry to be flogged on the street, book a flight to north korea. Buhari is bad news anyday

my dad told me about the bolded a year ago shocked
I confirmed all you said from my dad your correct, as a retiree from ministry of foreign affairs, he knew a lot about government
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2013
phantonce:
u are pushing me to the fence.av u even ever been to the airport.
if u cnt counter attack my claims,believe me.
by d way,dnt ever quote me again
I hv quoted you again. What are going to do, CLOWN...
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by PapaBrowne(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2013
otokx: The PDP laptop dogs should be taking for a fresher course in London with a stop over at Frankfurt then they will understand what an Airport should look like and the quality of service that should be delivered.

When People start telling us to look to London and Frankfurt as standards in less than 3 years of an administration that means Nigeria is making progress at supersonic speeds.

I agree with you. And thanks for admitting that there is tremendous progress.

By the time the 5 brand new terminals are opened what will you tell us to compare with? Dubai's $32 billion Al maktoum Airport? Or the Shanghai Pudong international?

My big question to you Mr Otokx, why aren't you as smart as your peers in Frankfurt and London who are breaking the bounds of technology. Is the house you live as neat and organized as the one lived by your mates in Frankfurt and London. Do you pay your taxes like the Frankfurter and Londoner does? What contributions in service have you made to your immediate society in comparison to the Frankfurter and Londoner. Mr if you want Frankfurt and London quality, you the citizen must input the same quality that the Frankfurter and Londoner inputs. Simple.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

When People start telling us to look to London and Frankfurt as standards in less than 3 years of an administration that means Nigeria is making progress at supersonic speeds.

By the time the 5 brand new terminals are opened what will you tell us to compare with? Dubai's $32 billion Al maktoum Airport? Or the Shanghai Pudong international?

My big question to you Mr Otokx, why aren't you as smart as your peers in Frankfurt and London who are breaking the bounds of technology. Is the house you live as neat and organized as the one lived by your mates in Frankfurt and London. Do you pay your taxes like the Frankfurter and Londoner does? What contributions in service have you made to your immediate society in comparison to the Frankfurter and Londoner. Mr if you want Frankfurt and London quality, you the citizen must input the same quality that the Frankfurter and Londoner inputs. Simple.
Fantastic!

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 9:42am On Dec 27, 2013
otokx: The PDP laptop dogs should be taking for a fresher course in London with a stop over at Frankfurt then they will understand what an Airport should look like and the quality of service that should be delivered.
SHUT UP ya mouth tha, my frnd. @otoxk, hv you ever left that yr struggling computer business centre in Uniport b4?? Here, you are asking odas to 'go checkout London and Frankfurt'. U don pass PH and yr village b4..... You CLOWNS are shooting yrselves in the leg by comments like this; you make it so easy for sm persons to tag you guys as the Pathetic HATERS you are. How can any sane person talk about 'low quality', when we all can see d works on d Pics the @OP posted on Page1. Can you hv better quality than what we see on those Pics? Abi, were d Pics photoshopped? Na d new tori bi dat??

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by rolchi(m): 9:47am On Dec 27, 2013
ISpiksDaTroof: But you didnt go through hell when the likes of Umar Dikko were ravaging the country's treasury?

Sir/Madam,

What were your experiences then?

Please, get Soldiers of Fortune and read...just incas you "never had any experience of that regime" then.

Compliments of the season.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by fabulous4u: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2013
hey APC e-goat ,I know its hard fighting from a losing position but don't you think it will be wiser to sheath your sword and keep mute in the absence of sensible commentary than comment and expose your intellectual insecurity and your deluded state of mind.
Gej just started with u guys ,by 2014 you'll be rendered taughtless ,hopeless,helpless,and lifeless.just prepare for your doom .
Fresh air till 2019

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Izontubo(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2013
Gej don try...when electricity generation becomes steady i wonder what the APC adherents would say.... grin

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Abok1(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Get a life you spiteful dullard.... Airports are not required to ''nice up'' the entire area surrounding them. Here's Gatwick airport... I don't see any great landscaping going on.... we can equally call it ''this dirty absurdity with overgrown bush all over''........Dullard.

Gatwick airport UK

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2981319

Is it not shameful that you would stoop so low in your bid to deceive unsuspecting people by showing them pictures of Gatwick with an overgrown bush, without noting that the area shown in your picture is the Air-plane graveyard. The section of the airport where old airplane are left to rot. Not only is your basis of comparison flawed, there are three airports in London (Heathrow, Stanstead, Gatwick) out of which Gatwick is not classified as the main airport, Heathrow is.

If you want to compare Airports, compare MMA with Heathrow, or even Manchester airport
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2013
Abok1:

Is it not shameful that you would stoop so low in your bid to deceive unsuspecting people by showing them pictures of Gatwick with an overgrown bush, without noting that the area shown in your picture is the Air-plane graveyard. The section of the airport where old airplane are left to rot. Not only is your basis of comparison flawed, there are three airports in London (Heathrow, Stanstead, Gatwick) out of which Gatwick is not classified as the main airport, Heathrow is.

If you want to compare Airports, compare MMA with Heathrow, or even Manchester airport

Is it not shameful that you and your cohorts would choose to use the unused land outside the MMA area as an excuse to condemn it, and then shuffle around looking for excuses for Gatwick airport?

And what have you to say about the OTHER airports I posted? What's your excuse for Charles de Gaulle, Shannon, and Dallas, or you didn't see the overgrown grass in their airport vicinity?

By the way, you seem to be on a journey of delusion by insisting we ''compare MMA to Heathrow rather than Gatwick'' etc.... Do you realise you're from a developing nation with a GDP that's less than 1/8th that of the UK? You need to get real.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Abok1(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:

It would be better for you to sate your points without being an ultracrepidarian, by making baseless assumptions and accusations. It is simply Animus Furandi for you to assume that someone is not smart merely because he questioned the quality of the project we are all applauding.

My question to you all is this:
Are you all PDP laptop dogs? Because by your response to @otokx you (taharqa, rossike, and PapaBrowne), have succeeded in calling yourself that name.

The essence of my question is to be able to posit your patriotic response to the critical submissions of the other forumites. I wanted to be sure that you are replying as patriots, which I am now sure that you are not. You are simply responding as paid stooges who would deceive the unsuspecting populace with a disguised knismesis aimed at distracting them from asking the right questions.

Your submission would have made more sense if you had made a balanced observation while recognising the fact that Nigeria still has a long way to go, rather than attacking every dissenting voices like yours is a case of chronic lalochazia.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Abok1(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Is it not shameful that you and your cohorts would choose to use the unused land outside the MMA area as an excuse to condemn it, and then shuffle around looking for excuses for Manchester airport?

And what have you to say about the OTHER airports I posted? What's your excuse for Charles de Gaulle, Shannon, and Dallas, or you didn't see the overgrown grass in their airport vicinity?

By the way, you seem to be on a journey of delusion by insisting we ''compare MMA to Heathrow rather than Gatwick'' etc.... Do you realise you're from a developing nation with a GDP less than 1/8th of the UK? My goodness.

If you compare the overgrown grasses in the pictures you posted above with the tropical forest bushes in MMA, then I can only conclude that you have to be capernoited to make such comparisons.

Nobody is expecting Nigeria to be in the levels of the UK overnight, the comparison came into fore based on the image of Gatwick that was posted above.

Before I continue in this discourse, you need to understand my standpoint which is:
1. Nemo Debet Locupletari Ex Aliena Jactura (no one should be enriched by another's loss)
We shouldn't bring out the drums yet when the noticeable developments in the aviation sector is still abecedarian, which is not in tandem with the amount of funds spent.

2.We cannot gloat over seemingly shabby projects and start beating our chests while at the same time tell the dissenting voices to keep quiet when you and I know that more works needs to be done.

The problem with Nigeria is its citizens; we forget so easily once we are close to any sitting government and we applaud every mediocre achievements when we could have done better. The politicians (APC and PDP) feel that everyone should be grateful for whatever project they decide to do, like they are doing us a favour by doing the projects. They continue in their disregard for the populace because all they need to do is silence the dissenting voices by attacking their personalties or paying some stooges to engage them in an alectryomachy, with a view to keeping them shut. When did it become a crime to ask questions?

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by omanzo02: 11:49am On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

This is why we must move away from mediocrity, corruption and incompetency come 2015.

It's more than obvious that the crooked minister gave the shady and ugly renovation to some back alley Nna Bros Nigerian Limited when in fact it should have been done by reputable air travel contractors, interior and exterior decorators. The inside is is ugly and tasteless, nor coordination or though, ugly furnitures and still dangerous dangling wires, badly tiled floor, overcrowded public are with obviously inconvenienced and traumatized folks standing around, split aircon means this ugly monstrosity is void of central cooling system and the list goes on and on....

[i]Calling this dirty absurdity with overgrown bush all over transformation is not only an insult to the people of Nigerian, [/i]it's shows that from the Aso Rock dullard all the way down to his foot soldiers and corrupt officials like oduah are not only crooked and corrupt, they are tacky, the lack sophistication and exposure especially when it comes to anything modern or global 2013.

smh....

The bolded shows u haven't been on a plane talkless of travelling abroad, airport vicinity are either farmlands or just grass/bushes, only the the path of the runways that get attention to protect landing and takeoff equipment.

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Slncere9gerian: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2013

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Livinusc(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
ckkris: Transformation continues to 2019

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by omanzo02: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2013

Dude,

Those 2 airports are only big in size but are not spectacular, from the pic op posted the quality of finishing is not different from what I have USED in most European airports, I expect the operators and servicesmen to up their services.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by lagosph: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Yes, building. It will be completed in 2015.

The difference between Jonathan and Tinubu is one has a long term vision and can carry it out, while the other patches holes in a leaky bucket.

The difference is also that no other STATE Government is doing anything like it.
Pls come to Asaba, you will see airport started by Ibori and completed Uduaghan and these men are corrupt o, but they have given us airport. Why you own still building? Abi na clearing of site them still dey?

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
omanzo02:

The bolded shows u haven't been on a plane talkless of travelling abroad, airport vicinity are either farmlands or just grass/bushes, only the the path of the runways that get attention to protect landing and takeoff equipment.

My brother please educate him... In fact only the immediate vicinity of the airports overseas gets much attention, then maybe the runway areas...finish. I remember in Heathrow, not too far from the terminal buildings, you'll even see cattle and sheep grazing in surrounding farmlands. Yet nobody there has complained. In fact some of our people have serious problems.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Show us arrivals angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Asaba: Vehicles Submerged In Mud Water As Flood Ravages Nnebisi Road (Pictures) / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Inside Kola Aluko’s Seized Galactica Star Superyacht That Just Sold For ₦15B

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84