Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (44254 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Expanded Terminal Opens At Murtala Muhammad Airport Lagos(photos) / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by omanzo02: 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

My brother please educate him... In fact only the immediate vicinity of the airports overseas gets much attention, then maybe the runway areas...finish. I remember in Heathrow, not too far from the terminal buildings, you'll even see cattle and sheep grazing in surrounding farmlands. Yet nobody there has complained. In fact some of our people have serious problems.

Dude,

Agbameta is just in denial, I live in Europe and a regular flyer, most European airports vicinity are farmlands or light industrial areas, only trees are not allowed to grow on flight path and grass around the runway alignment signal/lights must be maintained, Heathrow, Frankfurt, Charles De Gaulle, Brussels, schilpol, adnan Menderes etc are the same, at take off or landing u see everything.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by bokohalal(m): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
tpia@:
Nigeria needs a landscaping culture.

I have been chorusing this for years. Our schools,hospitals other public and private buildings surrounding need to be touched up.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
illitrate: Show us arrivals angry

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by OsunOriginal: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Who are those villagers praising Gej for the cosmetic renovation of MM Int? Even when nothing is functioning inside the airport.

- Everywhere is still hot at the immigration when you arrive the country - air conditioning system not working

- Everywhere still smell like hell hole - go to the clinic side, etc

- Most of the toilets still smell like pit toilet.

The most interesting part is the road leading to the busiest international airport in the country - pot holes, filthy and bushy road to the airport.

We need a serious set of people to lead the country. People that know what governance is all about.

Other serious countries are even building new airports with more modern facility. Jona is putting pancake on a very old structure. Shame.

Now, ask him how much he spent on the cosmetic exercise - I am sure you can build a new Dubai-like airport with the money

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
OsunOriginal: Who are those villagers praising Gej for the cosmetic renovation of MM Int? Even when nothing is functioning inside the airport.

- Everywhere is still hot at the immigration when you arrive the country - air conditioning system not working

- Everywhere still smell like hell hole - go to the clinic side, etc

- Most of the toilets still smell like pit toilet.

The most interesting part is the road leading to the busiest international airport in the country - pot holes, filthy and bushy road to the airport.

We need a serious set of people to lead the country. People that know what governance is all about.

Other serious countries are even building new airports with more modern facility. Jona is putting pancake on a very old structure. Shame.

Now, ask him how much he spent on the cosmetic exercise - I am sure you can build a new Dubai-like airport with the money

Blah blah blah blah blah....... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Basdkg(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
plz sht up u ar jst means u ar doi camp here. Wht make 2015 election.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by nijanigga: 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Splendid! The president is doing all of these in spite of the following:

1. Having to spend N1 trillion on security because of Boko Haram. This is N500 billion more than what Yar Adua and OBJ spent on security.

2. Having to spend N900 billion on fuel subsidy alone.

3. The political distraction and sabotage by men of yesteryears (Buhari, Tinubu, OBJ et al). The political distraction orchestrated by evil forces led by OBJ forced a forced substitution of ministers on the president.

Now imagine what this country would have achieved if we had followed the Ghana example and supported our president post election? If there was no Boko Haram and we had removed fuel subsidy like was done in Ghana, a massive over N1.4 trillion would have been freed for the govt to use in executing infrastructural development across the country. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not Ghana.
Only of Nigerians can a Rawlings that will wipe away our evil leaders, GEJ inclusive, then Nigeria will be a better place
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by OsunOriginal: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Truckpusher: Blah blah blah blah blah....... undecided

Why not simply prove me wrong with a superior argument?
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by farolee(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Freeanijoo: "Politicians only think of the next election but people like you think of the next generation" GEJ keep on the good work, we are solidly behind.

go to and see Kenya Airport or Ethiopa airport.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
I can authoritatively tell you that this darn airport is definitely one of the worst ever and it stinks.

It doesn't look like what these clowns posted here - it stinks with angry and sweaty people working there.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Truckpusher(m): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Why not simply prove me wrong with a superior argument?
I don't have the time to go into an argument with a certified bigot and scumbag angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Tintinix: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
And this is coming from someone who celebrates every form of negative report about Nigeria? You celebrate negative reports but you dont want us to acknowledge positives in our country? Are you a demon?

Yesterday was witches today is demon! It seems these people hate is going spiritual and we are calling them out! It is time to bind them oh!!!

100 days fasting about to commence!
All agents are in trouble!!!!
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by taharqa: 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
shymexx: I can authoritatively tell you that this darn airport is definitely one of the worst ever and it stinks.

It doesn't look like what these clowns posted here - it stinks with angry and sweaty people working there.

You who have never entered Nigeria know d State of this Airport, LOCATED IN NIGERIA, beta than those of us IN Nigeria who use it, abi??..... Go and play with d Kids in d Projects in tha Slums of London where ya live, and quit trying to poke ya mouth into tins you know nothing about

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Bizibi(m): 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
biafranqueen: My Dear he is right I will not say that I did not like some of Buhari ideas as far s environmental and discipline, but my family lost their factory because we could not import flour it devastated the factory. The warf was closed and imported food was not allowed. His laws really devastated Igbos because we and were doing that time the importers. If your guy was in office now Nairaland would be closed down because these forums would be outlawed for the tribalism and indiscipline and actually the Vice President was the action man that made anything happen during that regime.
the main person then in that regime was idiagbon

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nctrice(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obiagelli: good job, will I vote him 2015? No, Why? A better leader built that Airport.
You are just a typical old-school Nigerian, that see no need for the country's maintenance culture to improve.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by donodion(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
agbameta:

This is why we must move away from mediocrity, corruption and incompetency come 2015.

It's more than obvious that the crooked minister gave the shady and ugly renovation to some back alley Nna Bros Nigerian Limited when in fact it should have been done by reputable air travel contractors, interior and exterior decorators. The inside is is ugly and tasteless, nor coordination or though, ugly furnitures and still dangerous dangling wires, badly tiled floor, overcrowded public are with obviously inconvenienced and traumatized folks standing around, split aircon means this ugly monstrosity is void of central cooling system and the list goes on and on....

Calling this dirty absurdity with overgrown bush all over transformation is not only an insult to the people of Nigerian, it's shows that from the Aso Rock dullard all the way down to his foot soldiers and corrupt officials like oduah are not only crooked and corrupt, they are tacky, the lack sophistication and exposure especially when it comes to anything modern or global 2013.

smh....

I was actually going to comment on the landscape around The International Airport. Haba!!! see bushes and muddy pathways angry angry. Shouldn't the scenery have been converted to a much appealing flowery display, that is well maintained?.
Its a cool move to feed the public with pictures of opened up spaces and more desk for immigration check-in and out.However, the picture i saw regarding the convenience room for such an airport with the type of traffic it handles is far below expectation for me.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by ocelot2006(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
The GEJ administration MUST STOP lieing to us. These remodeling jobs were initiated, NOT by GEJ, but LORD LUGARD and OBJ!!

K, just kidding grin
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by MeGaStReEt: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
RUBBISH compared to other smaller African Countries
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
The Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos has to be the hottest airport in the world. It is easily the hottest I have traveled through. How much does a country need to keep its busiest international airport from running like an oven? Rubbish airport. angry
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by hollypagan: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
I don't hate my president, i don't like his policies and "body language". Merry Christmas bro.
WHAT POLICIES DO YOU WANT ?CHOP I CHOP ABI, LOOK AT U
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by pappilo(m): 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
I hope thats what the airport looks like o cos I remember when I landed in May the smell from the toilet drove away the shyt when don old me since we dey over Sahara desert.

Anyway I will find out on Monday and report back if this is really how our MMIA really looks now.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by allahisevil: 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
nice one....naija na gej gettem..
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by NewGrace4me: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=ckkris]Transformation continues to 2019
If God says....
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by ilenaira: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Choi, lie-lie ojoro merchant! This one na departure side nau!.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Iykeponti(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obiagelli:
I remember he built 2 refineries I 2yrs as minister and reduced inflation to 5% as president as well as killing corruption. Btw face the topic.
BIA OBIAGELI,KPACHALU ANYAGI sad DAT MAN BUHARU & OBJ IS BEHIND ALL D PROBLEM IN DIS CON3... REMEMBER D WORD, I'LL MAKE DIS QOUNTRY UN GOVERNABLE....
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nonybb: 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Splendid! The president is doing all of these in spite of the following:

1. Having to spend N1 trillion on security because of Boko Haram. This is N500 billion more than what Yar Adua and OBJ spent on security.

2. Having to spend N900 billion on fuel subsidy alone.

3. The political distraction and sabotage by men of yesteryears (Buhari, Tinubu, OBJ et al). The political distraction orchestrated by evil forces led by OBJ forced a forced substitution of ministers on the president.

Now imagine what this country would have achieved if we had followed the Ghana example and supported our president post election? If there was no Boko Haram and we had removed fuel subsidy like was done in Ghana, a massive over N1.4 trillion would have been freed for the govt to use in executing infrastructural development across the country. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not Ghana.
Stop all these Ghana Rubbish. Wats all these nonsense, why wouldnt u talk about a better country, maybe South Africa? U talk too much this man. Am ashamed of u by placing a slum besides us
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by hayzee545(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Nice job,but that wouldn't stop me frm voting pdp out. In 2015!
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by jesuseun1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
zegbeye: A good one I must say...if only the likes of fAPC...obj and co can let this guy concentrate in his transformation thing and perhaps just meet him at the polls or join him in building this country

Good infastructure todAy,let's look at what will happen to those shinning equipment few years to come,will dey still b shinning.dats d issue.
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
I really must credit this GEJ administration for having the intention to reconstruct our airports. However, when i juxtapose the billions of naira spent with the low quality job done at the airports, i can only marvel at how corruption has rendered this government comatose. I was at the newly opened Port Harcourt airport departure terminal and i could not but notice the poor quality of the finishing, especially the ground tiles (very appalling), at the airport. Airports all over the world are meant to showcase the country's positives to visitors and foreigners alike, but then in my good old Nigeria, the reverse is the case.

Come 2015, let us all punish this bunch of clowns with our votes. Your vote is your power, please vote right!!
Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by chucky234(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
those pics made the airport look better than it is, I was at the MMIA on the 24th to pick a friend who flew in from almeria,Spain and can tell that the airport look poorer than what those pics portray.
The heat was unbearable,we had to sit outside.
The fact that no Nigerian airport is certified by IATA as intl standard shows nothing meaningful has been done to upgrade those airports to international standard,work done doesnt justify the billions spent in remodelling those airports.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics by Sagamite(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Trust fucktards to scream 'Fresh Air' when any shiny thing is flashed in their faces without even bothering to find out:

- If all those work and what is their lifetime length
- how much it cost to build it
- does it fit into scalability of future plans

I am sure the fucktards would also see it as a good excuse for spending $800K on a bullet-proof BMW.

Moronic person simpletons.

Monkeys following a person in Aso Rock with the IQ of a Silverback Gorilla.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Recent Images of Abeokuta Rail Terminal and the Surrounding Areas / Dangote Truck Kills Couple In Lagos Last Night – PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.