Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

The Population Density Of Igbo Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Population Density Of Igbo Land (34111 Views)

MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land / Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 / Population Density Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Ikengawo: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2013
[img]http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/gpw-v1/gppycpd-12in.gif[/img]

Japanese Hotel

[img]http://sociorocketnewsen.files./2013/07/near-house.jpg?w=580&h=850[/img]
Japanese House

Japanese Apartments

so yes Japan is a densely populated country, and exhibits the same dark purple as igbo land.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by nduchucks: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2013
berem: silly talk from a confirmed aboki! So you desire another civil war targeting Igbo land? Carry your stoopid ONE NIGERIAN shyte and preach it somewhere else. Yeye! angry angry

Calm down, go and reread my post, but this time do it without prejudice. I'd assume that your 'confrimed aboki' phrase was not meant to be an insult for now. I don't have the energy to have cat fights with a girl.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Lilimax(f): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: If the purported population density is accurate, then it poses a major security threat to the inhabitants of Nigerian cities. This should be an incentive for the separatists among us to look for a better alternative i.e. ONE NIGERIA. The possiblility of another war should cause great worry to folks because maximum damage is typically the result of droping a single bomb is such a densly populated area. Nuff said.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Calm down, go and reread my post, but this time do it without prejudice. I'd assume that your 'confrimed aboki' phrase was not meant to be an insult for now. I don't have the energy to have cat fights with a girl.
maybe you should modify your post to avoid more attacks from me. There's nothing interesting in the trash you wrote. Not at all! angry
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by nduchucks: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2013
berem: maybe you should modify your post to avoid more attacks from me. There's nothing interesting in the trash you wrote. Not at all! angry

Please get lost before the moderators ban you again. I am not responsible for your lack of English comprehension and recognize your freedom of expression, but I suggest you respect yourself. You can have the last word as usual if it turns you on, goodbye.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 27, 2013
If nigeria finally split with each regions going their separate ways, i think alaigbo wont be enought to contain the millions of igbos returning from other regions and abroad if it is already this populated.

8 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by IgboDelta: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Sometimes, the bitter truth must be told to jolt people into their senses. I know truth is bitter, but there it is - post edited nonetheless.

Keep your bitter falsehood to your bitter self. We are discussing something educative here. Go throw your disruptive tantrums elsewhere. Nonsense !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Segeggs: If nigeria finally split with each regions going their separate ways, i think alaigbo wont be enought to contain the millions of igbos returning from other regions and abroad if it is already this populated.
Oyo state alone has a larger landmass than the entire alaibo
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Ikengawo: 9:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Oyo state is also larger than Denmark.
Segeggs: If nigeria finally split with each regions going their separate ways, i think alaigbo wont be enought to contain the millions of igbos returning from other regions and abroad if it is already this populated.

SE is no Alaigbo. Igbo land stretches from Rivers to Benue and From Delta to Cross Rivers State. Though there will be extreme pressure on states like Abia, Anambra and Imo that carry the bulk of the Igbo population. Industry is the only way forward for igbos, commerce and trade has only severed to give us the little we have now, we need to break the jinx. I don't know when it became honorable for an igbo man to sell goods in the market like a woman.

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Standing5(m): 9:43am On Dec 27, 2013
So Mr. OP What's the significance of the High population density you pointed out to us. Is it a premaditate step to inflate population of Igbo area in preparation for 2015 rigging? SE state may be twice as densly populated as other states, but don't have half the landmass of the average state landmass in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikengawo: Oyo state is also larger than Denmark.

SE is no Alaigbo.[b ]Igbo land stretches from Rivers to Benue and From Delta to Cross Rivers State[/b]. Though there will be extreme pressure on states like Abia, Anambra and Imo that carry the bulk of the Igbo population. Industry is the only way forward for igbos, commerce and trade has only severed to give us the little we have now, we need to break the jinx. I don't know when it became honorable for an igbo man to sell goods in the market like
the ibos in the bolded constantly deny you people.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2013
Standing5: So Mr. OP What's the significance of the High population density you pointed out to us. Is it a premaditate step to inflate population of Igbo area in preparation for 2015 rigging? SE state may be twice as densly populated as other states but aren't but don't have half the landmass of the average state landmass in Nigeria.
dont mind him. They are already thinking about cooking up numbers for rigging.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by asha80(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2013
Standing5: So Mr. OP What's the significance of the High population density you pointed out to us. Is it a premaditate step to inflate population of Igbo area in preparation for 2015 rigging? SE state may be twice as densly populated as other states but aren't but don't have half the landmass of the average state landmass in Nigeria.
smdh

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by emmatok(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikengawo: The entire Igbo land looks like a city from Google Earth.

There isn't an inch that isn't populated. The area below i photographed isn't a city. It isn't marked or labeled, meaning it's just a regular stretch of earth. Most of the cities and villages in Igboland have merged into one with barely a mile marking the beginning of one and ending of another!
It's truly a fascinating situation. Anambra leads in the density, and is a state I can describe as a single mega city.
I'm curious as to why this part of the earth is so heavily populated. There no where in Nigeria that looks like this, let alone Africa, unless you count Lagos, Cairo and Johannesburg.

The East is overpopulated because the landmass is small.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Segeggs: the ibos in the bolded constantly deny you people.
Can you imagine attaching Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Cross river to their landlocked, erosion ridden enclave. Damn! These guys are a buch of greedy parasitic land grabbers

5 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2013
emmatok:

The East is overpopulated because the landmass is small.

Exactly. The entire iboland is just like 5 local government in oyo state
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: Exactly. The entire iboland is just like 5 local government in oyo state
ogbomosho, my hometown under oyo covers the whole of imo and abia.

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: Can you imagine attaching Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Cross river to their landlocked, erosion ridden enclave. Damn! These guys are a buch of greedy parasitic land grabbers
he forgot to include lagos-the no man's land grin

6 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by asha80(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2013
trying very hard to derail the thread is just what i seeing.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by asha80(m): 10:14am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikengawo: Oyo state is also larger than Denmark.

SE is no Alaigbo. Igbo land stretches from Rivers to Benue and From Delta to Cross Rivers State. Though there will be extreme pressure on states like Abia, Anambra and Imo that carry the bulk of the Igbo population. Industry is the only way forward for igbos, commerce and trade has only severed to give us the little we have now, we need to break the jinx. I don't know when it became honorable for an igbo man to sell goods in the market like a woman.
industry needs a large dose of constant light.

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 27, 2013
Segeggs: ogbomosho, my hometown under oyo covers the whole of imo and abia.
Most of their governors wouldnt fit to be local government chairmen in other states

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by superstar1(m): 10:19am On Dec 27, 2013
asha 80: trying very hard to derail the thread is just what i seeing.

they are just helping him, to achieve what he set out to achieve, from the onset. grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by rafindo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: Oyo state alone has a larger landmass than the entire alaibo
.ur ignorance is so expensive dat education on u is a wasted venture.ur inability to differentiate btw alaigbo nd south east show the training in these world is worthless.almajiri is better of than u.

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
rafindo: [s].ur ignorance is so expensive dat education on u is a wasted venture.ur inability to differentiate btw alaigbo nd south east show the training in these world is worthless.almajiri is better of than u.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by rafindo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: Exactly. The entire iboland is just like 5 local government in oyo state
.ur bigotry is amusing.i am happy dat ur reasoning is why ur enclave is underdevelop.mokwa lga is bigger than the entire lagos state and its surrounding suburbs.oyo has 33 lga with 28100 sq km giving it an average of 848.48 sq km per lga.the smallest state in se is anambra state with 4844 sq km these clearly shows how daft and shabby ur education was.i will implore the govt to request for balance ,from the skuls u attended becos ur education standard is below poor.

5 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by IgboDelta: 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
I laugh when people think that Igbo land begins and ends with south east. They forgot that there are numerous Igbo towns in delta and rivers state especially in delta north senetorial zone and Rivers North senetorial zone who are more IGBOTIC than the Igbos in Southeast. We should not forget that a large part of Igboland was forcefully ceded to Rivers state from today's Imo and Abia state because of crude oil deposit Dr Ngozi Okonji-Iweala is a princess of Ogwashiukwu in delta state, Ambassardor Uwuche, the immediate past president general of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo from Ogwashiukwu, Prof Pat Utomi of Lagos Business School who is also a senior member of Ikenga Ndi Igbo is from Igbuzo, Delta State. There are many Igbos of Delta state who are promoting the Igbo course. You should also note that many Biafran officers and Generals are of Igbo delta origin like Lt Nzeogwu, Col Achuzia, Brigedier General Okonjo, Major General Madeabor, Major General Nwawo, Navy Captain Anuku ( Leader of the Biafran Navy ), the list goes on. ANYBODY THAT THINKS THAT THE IGBOS OF DELTA AND RIVERS WOULD LEAVE OUR KITS AND KINS IN SE SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER HEAD EXAMINED. OUR ANTECEDENTS SPEAK FOR US

10 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
rafindo: .ur bigotry is amusing.i am happy dat ur reasoning is why ur enclave is underdevelop.mokwa lga is bigger than the entire lagos state and its surrounding suburbs.oyo has 33 lga with 28100 sq km giving it an average of 848.48 sq km per lga.the smallest state in se is anambra state with 4844 sq km these clearly shows how daft and shabby ur education was.i will implore the govt to request for balance ,from the skuls u attended becos ur education standard is below poor.
LWKMD. The size of anambra state is 1,870 square mile(4,844square kilometer). While that of oyo state is 10,986 square mile(28,454square kilometer). Anambra is just about the size of three streets in Ibadan the capital of oyo state

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by M17: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: Can you imagine attaching Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Cross river to their landlocked, erosion ridden enclave. Damn! These guys are a buch of greedy parasitic land grabbers

go and drink a cup of raw acid . grin

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
rafindo: .ur bigotry is amusing.i am happy dat ur reasoning is why ur enclave is underdevelop.mokwa lga is bigger than the entire lagos state and its surrounding suburbs.oyo has 33 lga with 28100 sq km giving it an average of 848.48 sq km per lga.the smallest state in se is anambra state with 4844 sq km these clearly shows how daft and shabby ur education was.i will implore the govt to request for balance ,from the skuls u attended becos ur education standard is below poor.

Shut up!!!

Stop disgracing yourself on this thread....your profound ignorance stinks to heaven.....Gosh!!! shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ak47mann(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
ndu_chucks: If the purported population density is accurate, then it poses a major security threat to the inhabitants of Nigerian cities. This should be an incentive for the separatists among us to look for a better alternative i.e. ONE NIGERIA. The possiblility of another war should cause great worry to folks because maximum damage is typically the result of droping a single bomb is such a densly populated area. Nuff said.
pls try and drop it if u can,fly your plane and drop it please we are praying for and wait for very painful revenge after that cool
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by rafindo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
KIRIJI: LWKMD. The size of anambra state is 1,870 sq mi. While that of oyo state is 10,986 sq mi. Anambra is just about the size of three streets in Ibadan the capital of oyo state
.u have a track record for having disjointed reasoning.landmass measurement is done with 2 standard unit .area square in sq km or sq miles.inorder to help ur generation unborn converting from sq miles-sq km takes 2.5 as the conversion rate.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by obayaya(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
I think this density problem is felt in anambra and imo state.

The way communities in enugu where I come from is structured (especially along the nsukka axis). Community have a living quarters and a farm settlement usually called agu.. which are large expanse of lands for farming purposes.

And from my Lil knowledge of anambra communities, I have cause to believe it was like that too long time ago. this is due to presence of uno and agu in names of most communities. like Nkpor Uno, Nkpor Agu.

Which points to a presence of a living quarters and a farm settlement before the urbanization of these areas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Rivers: Labour Party Adopts PDP Guber Candidate, Fubara For March 11 Poll / Judge In Illinois, Chicago Ordered The Release Of Tinubu Academic Records / Court Sacks Stella Ngwu And Dennis Nnmachi Agbo As Federal Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.