Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Population Density Of Igbo Land - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Population Density Of Igbo Land (34116 Views)

MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land / Document Showing The Population Of Nigeria In 1920 / Population Density Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

The clueless kid is trying hard to find his voice.

Ndo. O ya drink water. I hope there is no red mud sediments inside it sha. Lol.

Once again, who is the father of the y1bos?
u mst be sweating nw cuz i knw how hot is it dis aftanoon especially those of u in d motor park durin their agbero job grin,u shud go to emeka's shop n beg him for #5 to buy sachet before u die of thirty..
as for d myth of d igbos,it above oda pple's comprehension dts why if i start nw in lecturin u abt d igbos u wil neva understnd it.
unlike d yaribas dt go abt telin pple hw oduduwa was rejected n thrown off frm d sky grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ichidodo: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1: Next time don't start a thread you cannot finish again, just like you started your suicidal Biafra war.

Out of here.

Shalom
Aahn aahn?! Where are you running to?? O.k i won't bash your yamhead that hard anymore
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by superstar1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
ichidodo: And Awo-ole was thrown into a cage like a common criminal

I'm done with you here.

All what you are doing are ranting and whining and clutching to the weeds.

Awo, the greatest man ever liveth.

Oko Iya awon y1bo

Ekun omo ikenne

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by superstar1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
ichidodo: Aahn aahn?! Where are you running to?? O.k i won't bash your yamhead that hard anymore

You are looking for the person that will break your flat nyanmiri head
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by superstar1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
cashkid18: u mst be sweating nw cuz i knw how hot is it dis aftanoon especially those of u in d motor park durin their agbero job grin,u shud go to emeka's shop n beg him for #5 to buy sachet before u die of thirty..
as for d myth of d igbos,it above oda pple's comprehension dts why if i start nw in lecturin u abt d igbos u wil neva understnd it.
unlike d yaribas dt go abt telin pple hw oduduwa was rejected n thrown off frm d sky grin grin

Oh boy, read up and decrease this your obvious knowledge gap.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ichidodo: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

I'm done with you here.

All what you are doing are ranting and whining and clutching to the weeds.

Awo, the greatest man ever liveth.

Oko Iya awon y1bo

Ekun omo ikenne

Yes the Greatest Suicide everliveth,Now i have broken your yamhead,vamoose before i break something worse,Omo Shiekh Alimi.

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
ichidodo: Aahn aahn?! Where are you running to?? O.k i won't bash your yamhead that hard anymore
his free 10mb has finished grin grin.he wnts to go n beg for moni to buy another data
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ichidodo: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

You are looking for the person that will break your flat nyanmiri head
Your yamhead will suffice enough for me this afternoon only i promise not break it hastily so you don't run out in a cowardly huff
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

Oh boy, read up and decrease this your obvious knowledge gap.
why shud i waste my tym readin a joke of hw oduduwa broke his skull grin,sorry dude i dont read jokes again dis days
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ichidodo: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
cashkid18: his free 10mb has finished grin grin.he wnts to go n beg for moni to buy another data
Let him go and tout #100 for MB, we will be waiting..
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
ichidodo: Let him go and tout #100 for MB, we will be waiting..
i hope he dont run into trouble in d motor park cry,if he cn drop his no,i wil help him out n transfer sum data for him.u know he is my punch bag grin grin
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by superstar1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Trying hard to find their Adaobi's voice.

grin grin grin
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1: Trying hard to find their Adaobi's voice.

grin grin grin
so fast dude or did oga emeka for alaba mkt dash U sum moni afta u went for an errand for him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ichidodo: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1: Trying hard to find their Adaobi voice.

grin grin grin
Stop whining and get lost already
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by IgboDelta: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
FULANIS CONTINUE QUEST TO COMPLETELY DESTROY AND CONQUER YORO.BA LAND; INVADES OSUN STATE

Fulani herdsmen kill two, injure four in Osun

From BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE, Osogbo

Suspected Fulani herdsmen working in Osu, headquarters of Atakumosa West Local Government Area of Osun State have reportedly killed two persons and injured four others in the town during a clash between them and some natives.

The herdsmen, now at large were said to have slaughtered an old man and beaten one other person to death while others were injured. Trouble started in the town when some herdsmen allegedly robbed along Ile-Ife/Ilesa road in Osu last Thursday, carting away valuables. It was learnt that the search among the herdsmen led to a fracas between some Fulanis and the residents which later resulted in the killing of the natives.

Daily Sun reliably gathered that the herdsmen in the town later attacked some residents and thereby killing two persons. The deceased and the injured victims, according to competent sources, were taken to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (OAUTH), Ile-Ife where they were still receiving treatment. It was learnt that the corpses of the deceased had been deposited at the morgue of the hospital.

Police Public Relations Officer in Osun State, Mrs Folashade Odoro could not be reached to confirm the incident, but an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in the area who preferred anonymity, told Daily Sun that arrest had been made by the security agencies in the town and that efforts were on to arrest the herdsmen involved in the killing.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-kill-two-injure-four-in-osun/

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
i nid d likes of airhead,italian monkey on this thread.superstar is makin d thread to b dull grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by cashkid18(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
*unfollowing thread*
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Among the Abadja, the whole body of anyone slain was ordinarily taken back to the village and there consumed, though it was tabu to eat women or children. A man only divided his ‘kill’ among his own family. The body was cut up and cooked in pots; the fingers, palms of the hands, and toes were considered the best eating. Sometimes, if a family had been satisfied, part of the body would be dried and put away for later.

When an Nkanu warrior brought a head back, everyone who heard of the deed gave him a present, and much palm-wine was drunk. The trophy was boiled, and the flesh cut away. The skull was then taken out, accompanied with all the others in the village, and the flesh was then boiled and eaten.

Much cruelty was practised among certain of these tribes. For example, the Bafum-Bansaw, who frequently tortured their prisoners before putting them to death. Palm-oil was boiled in a big pot, and then by means of a gourd enema it was pumped into the bowels and stomachs of the prisoners. This practice was said to make the bodies much more succulent than they would otherwise have been. The bodies were left until the palm-oil had permeated them, and then cut up and devoured...

P. A. Talbot, Southern Nigeria, Clarendon Press, 1926 (3 vols.)

Every moment, men, women and even children passed me. One would be carrying a human leg on his shoulder, another would be carrying the lungs or the heart of some unfortunate Kroo-boy in his or her hands. Several times I myself was offered my choice of one of these morsels, dripping with gore.

Father Bubendorf of Freiburg, an eye-witness to the slaughter of a group of captives outside the hut of a tribal chief, Onitsha, Nigeria, c. 1921
jesus christ.... i feel like throwing up. disgusting...
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ketoprofen(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
customized13: this is the height of yorubalism in u, who is talking abt progenitor here, well this is the first time am seeing fatherless people doing better than fathered fellows, we igbos are unique, u cant just beat it, even without a father we beat u hands down. we have fore-fathers.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ketoprofen(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Igbo Delta: FULANIS CONTINUE QUEST TO COMPLETELY DESTROY AND CONQUER YORO.BA LAND; INVADES OSUN STATE

Suspected Fulani herdsmen working in Osu, headquarters of Atakumosa West Local Government Area of Osun State have reportedly killed two persons and injured four others in the town during a clash between them and some natives.

The herdsmen, now at large were said to have slaughtered an old man and beaten one other person to death while others were injured. Trouble started in the town when some herdsmen allegedly robbed along Ile-Ife/Ilesa road in Osu last Thursday, carting away valuables. It was learnt that the search among the herdsmen led to a fracas between some Fulanis and the residents which later resulted in the killing of the natives.

Daily Sun reliably gathered that the herdsmen in the town later attacked some residents and thereby killing two persons. The deceased and the injured victims, according to competent sources, were taken to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (OAUTH), Ile-Ife where they were still receiving treatment. It was learnt that the corpses of the deceased had been deposited at the morgue of the hospital.

Police Public Relations Officer in Osun State, Mrs Folashade Odoro could not be reached to confirm the incident, but an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in the area who preferred anonymity, told Daily Sun that arrest had been made by the security agencies in the town and that efforts were on to arrest the herdsmen involved in the killing.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-kill-two-injure-four-in-osun/
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ketoprofen(m): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1562195/ndigbo-battles-soul-yorubaland

These are the 2013 conditions of yorubas.
These ppl on nairaland are just trying to cry over what they have lost.
And Lagos becomes a no mans land

1 Like

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by drnoel: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
obitwo:

You're dense and brainless I must admit.

Maybe you don't understand what is meant by population density. You better read up

Which city will be denser?

A 10sqm city with two million people or a 10sqm city with eight million people

Tokyo is smaller than Lagos but more densely populated

Population density is simply the number of people divide by the landmass

So if Oyo and Anambra have the same population, Anambra will be more dense because it has a much smaller landmass

If you don't get this, then I can't help you

Besides you took the google image of Oyo from a higher elevation

Back to my original post, the SE has a higher population than Oyo State

Oyo State and the whole of the SE have about the same landmass

Therefore, the SE is more densely populated

Besides not everything you see as green in a Google Map is uninhabited as some are farms.

@ comments: LOL
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ketoprofen(m): 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
superstar1:

I wonder the kind of under the mango tree unis, y1bos attend in the east.

You are on a lease. You don't buy land. You lease it.

By the way, how many of your uncles had time to take a spoon during the northern crisis. That is one of the reason why it is a. Lease. The land still belongs to the land owners.

keep deceiving urself.
Can the original owners use the land for anything within the 100 whopping years? no.
What are u saying?
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Italiano1: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
ketoprofen: https://www.nairaland.com/1562195/ndigbo-battles-soul-yorubaland

These are the 2013 conditions of yorubas.
These ppl on nairaland are just trying to cry over what they have lost.
And Lagos becomes a no mans land

IBO DRUG DEALER'S MANHOOD IS CUT OFF BY INDONESIAN PRISON WARDENS

Over 300 Nigerians languish in Indonesian prisons

By Chioma Gabriel
TIITO Henry Iyere, an indigene of Edo State had challenges in his business in Nigeria and decided to travel to Australia en route Indonesia in search of greener pasture. But he did not get to Australia.

He ended up at Indonesia where he served nine months in prison out of which he spent three in solitary confinement for standing surety for a man who borrowed $2,000 from an Indonesian and later ran away. His experience in prison opened his eyes to the travails of Nigerians serving prison terms in that country.

Excerpts:

What really happened to you in Indonesia?

It is a long story. I just came back from Indonesia where I was locked up for nine months in prison. I had a transaction with somebody whereby I stood as a guarantor for a friend who borrowed money from another person. I was taken to the police and locked up. I was later charged to court and I was in jail for nine months and within that period, I saw how most Nigerians that were convicted for one crime or the other were being maltreated.

TITO Henry Iyere...I was in prison for nine months

There was a case of one Igbo man called Tony whose manhood was chopped off by Indonesian police. I was told he was involved in drugs. He said somebody asked him to pick up something for him and he picked up the parcel and was on his way to deliver it to the person that sent him when he was arrested for drug peddling and his manhood was chopped off. I saw him in jail and he showed me his manhood and narrated how it was chopped off with a sharp scissors. I was so shocked.

There were so many other cases whereby, once you are a Nigerian and your visa expires, the Indonesian police would plant drug in your apartment and then arrest you for drug peddling. It happened to so many Nigerians whose visas expired. Some of them are now serving 10 to 20 years in prison.

Once you are a Nigerian and you have immigration problem, they would plant a substance in your apartment and label you a drug dealer and before you know it, they would take you to the police and if you call our embassy in that country, they don’t usually want to be associated with drug matters whether you really peddled drugs or not. And once you have been labelled a drug dealer, you would be taken to court and while in court, there would be nobody to defend you. In court, they would ask if you have a lawyer and you are not allowed any representation. They would take you to court and jail you. We had this case where a Nigerian was arrested and the police, they are called BN, went in search of that guy and till today, that guy is still missing. Nobody has been able to locate him.

The Nigerian community in Indonesia went in search of him but since the BN got him, nobody ever saw him again. We believe he was killed and nobody knows where he was buried. And there are many cases like that.

There’s somebody in jail over there and we can call him and ask him and he will tell you how that Nigerian guy got missing.

Is it confirmed that the Nigerian has died?

Well, nobody can find him several months after his arrest and nobody knew where he is. Other people who even have smaller cases of 419 are treated in similar manner. They don’t hang people for 419 or visa offences, except when they allege drug peddling against you. Nigerians were being given outrageous jail terms of ten years, twenty years, for offences their own people serve for six months. When I saw this, I told myself that when I get back to Nigeria, I would lay this complaint so that the Nigerian authorities would know what is going on with her people and if there is a way they can liaise with the Indonesian government, Nigerians serving different jail terms will get reprieve.

I learnt from one Nigerian prisoner that during the Obasanjo regime, he (OBJ) went to Thailand where he reached an agreement with the government of that country and Nigerians serving life jail terms in that country were released after four, five years and sent back to Nigeria to serve the rest of their terms. What I saw in Indonesian prison is a very terrible situation and I think the Nigerian government should do something. There is so much injustice done to Nigerians in that country. Even the president of Nigerians in diaspora in that country has made series of complaints over this but nothing was done.

Really, Nigerians serving jail terms in Indonesia need help because some of them have families here in Nigeria and their families don’t even know their people over there are in jail. They are languishing in jail and their families here in Nigeria cannot do anything. I was there, I know what was going on and I can tell you, it’s a bad situation. I came back on June 3, the day of the Dana aircrash. I complained to the people I know that things are not going on well with Nigerians in that country.

But Nigeria has an embassy in Indonesia, what is it doing about the problem?

For quite sometime, there was not an ambassador. There was an acting ambassador, Mrs. Izua and in the past, they always posted Hausas as ambassadors and there were few Nigerian Hausas in that country. Now, some of these past ambassadors are Muslims and most Nigerians, if not all in the prisons there are Christians. Really, it’s a bad case. I was about to killed but when my case was related to the ambassador representative, Mrs. Izua that they were about to kill me, she intervened. She was the ambassador representative for four, five months now. That woman took up the matter. She was really the one that saved me before the appointment of a new ambassador few weeks ago. That woman and one Mr. Yakubu were the ones who helped me. Otherwise, they would have killed me.

What took you to Indonesia?

I’m a businessman. Two years ago, somebody who came from there told me it would be easy for me to travel to Australia from Indonesia and New Zealand. I decided to go to Australia to look for work through Indonesia and that was what took to that country. I used to have a shop here in Nigeria and after the building where I had my shop was sold, I couldn’t afford another shop and I decided to go and work in Australia through Indonesia and that was it. I was jailed for nine months for standing as a surety for somebody who borrowed $2,000 dollars from a citizen of that country. Well, the person I stood surety for was not seen and he didn’t pay back the money and that was how they got me.

It was very difficult for me to raise money to travel to Indonesia. After the building where I had my shop was sold, somebody told me about job opportunities in Australia. I sold my car, raised N750,000 by rallying around my family. I got the visa but when I got to Indonesia, it was a different ball game. I called the guy who told me about the Australian connection but he said I should be patient. I was there waiting for my Australian contact until I stood surety for somebody who borrowed money and ran away. My offence was that I guaranteed the man would not run away but he did.

His house was still there but I didn’t know where the man went to but the police said that since I stood surety for him, I should pay the $2,000. Well, I paid the $2,000 with the help of the Nigerian community but I still got jailed by the court. It was the desperation to survive that took me to Indonesia. I was on my way to Melbourne, Australia to work.

Were you maltreated in prison?

I was in prison for nine months . The treatment meted out to Nigerians is different. Because of the drug involvement of some Nigerians, others are being maltreated as well. I had nothing to do with drugs and that was why the ambassador representative, Mrs. Izue came to my aid. But it didn’t stop them from maltreating me. Even the money that somebody borrowed from an Indonesian which I stood surety for was repaid but I was still maltreated. After serving my nine months, I didn’t have money to come back home and I was told they cannot buy ticket for a deportee.

It was a Nigerian in prison that volunteered to buy me a ticket. In Indonesian prisons, the Nigerians there are very big people. They are multi millionaires. But my case was different.

The embassy came to my aid because I didn’t push drugs. The embassy doesn’t help those that pushed drugs. They don’t involve themselves in such cases. I travelled legally to Indonesia. I got my passport legally. I got my passport in 2007 at Ikoyi near the old Secretariat. I travelled aboard Qatar Airline on the 10th June, 2010. I also had a Malaysian visa attached to my Indonesian visa. I returned 3rd of June this year.

What was the maximum term given to you before your escape?

I didn’t escape. I served out my term. I had no business going to prison for the offence I didn’t commit . In such an offence, once you returned the money, you are let off the hook but because I was a foreigner, they didn’t let me go. When my case came up again, the judge who handled the case in court asked why I was sentenced to prison after I have paid back the money I stood surety for. I went to jail because I was a foreigner.

What was your experience?

Well, in prison, I became a pastor. I won so many souls and when they saw that, they mellowed down. They have a church for Christians and a big Mosque for Muslims. There was also a place of worship for traditionalists.

My family suffered while I was away. My children were no longer going to school and so after my release, I had to return home to organise my family. I couldn’t continue to Australia. In fact, it was not possible or I wouldn’t have this ordeal. I was on solitary confinement for three months. I was isolated. I didn’t see anybody or talked to anybody for sixty days. I don’t speak their language. The guards would just bring food and pass it through the iron gate and disappear. I was alone and at a stage, I began to bang those gates and I did it for several days. I would be shouting prayers and singing worship songs until one day, they brought me out of isolation.

They wanted me to die in isolation but I kept telling myself aloud that I would not die there. They used all kinds of intimidation but I found a bible from American amnesty international which helped me a lot. The prison authorities didn’t allow the American amnesty group to see me. They have a lawyer but they didn’t let him see me. But I eventually came out of confinement after 60 days.

It was then that I began to go to church and began to meet other Nigerians.

How many Nigerians are in prison there?

There are over 300 Nigerians in Indonesian prisons. Out of that 300, 15 are on death row, eight are serving life imprisonment. Others who committed mild offences were being heaped together with drug dealers.

They are scattered in different prisons in Indonesia. In the prison where I served, there were seven of us. But let me tell you, the embassy doesn’t involve itself with problems that have to do with drugs or 419 and their police are unfriendly.

They usually tell you if they notice you’re a Nigerian that your passport is fake, that your embassy cannot come because they are scared, that they can kill you and nothing will happen. That’s how they kill Nigerians.

There’s a guy that is declared missing now. That guy is dead but his body was not found. They are killing Nigerians. They would have killed me, that was why they isolated me but the embassy came to my aid when they learnt my offence was minor.

A lot of Nigerians do drugs

I didn’t do drugs. I’m legit. I’m a businessman but after the building where I had my shop was sold, I was stranded here in Nigeria. I had to sell things to raise money to travel to Australia en route Indonesia but I never got o Australia. I ended up in prison in Indonesia and that was bad.

Nigerian government should dialogue with Indonesian government and help the plight of Nigerians in that country. Some people who should serve five, six years term are serving fifteen and twenty years. Some were falsely labelled drug dealers because their passports expired but rather than repatriate them, they label them drug-peddlers. In some cases, they planted the drugs themselves in their homes. I think the Nigerian government should look into these issues.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/my-ordeal-in-indonesian-prison-henry-iyere/#sthash.7SD5qzLw.dpuf
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by Italiano1: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Italiano1:

Police Uncover Another Baby Factory In Imo! Rescues 16 Pregnant Teenage Girls

[img]http://3.bp..com/-J2xucFovQwQ/Up7sTXWpf5I/AAAAAAAA3Dk/DC2T6Cr3TC8/s1600/preg.jpg[/img]

Some of the pregnant teenage girls being rescued by the police

The Police Command again has uncovered another baby-making factory in Egbu, near Owerri the State capital, arresting the proprietor, one Dr. James Ezuma who
runs a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), and a clinic. 16 girls were
rescued in the process.

The girls were kept in two rooms in the building that houses his NGO, with no windows while repulsive odour oozed out from their rooms
The girls, aged 14-19 were encouraged to get pregnant and take home the sum of N10,000 at delivery, on the condition that they would abandon their babies who would be eventually used for purposes ranging from child trafficking to rituals.

The commissioner of Police has warned the general public to endeavour to keep an eye on their girls so that they would not fall prey to such miscreants like Dr. Ezuma, who does not mean well for the society.

One of the girls who spoke amidst tears said, her boyfriend rejected
the pregnancy and was directed here by her aunt. She said though she was given N10,000 after delivery, on the promise that they would train her baby, but she never knew her baby would be sold to unknown persons even without her consent.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by drnoel: 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
one.east1:

Anuofia, I have kept telling you we Anambrans has nothing in common with you people from Imo state. Stop trying so hard to be our brothers we do not want to be any part of it. Anambrans has links with Delta, Enugu, Kogi, Rivers (via Atani-Ogbaru) and Abia. So go and look out for your brothers because we do not consider you and your people as one.

Don´t u guys see the problems here. Even in the igbo ranks there is enemity. People and tribes hate themselves. An anambra man feels he is more superior to the imos and vice versa. Now with this kind of enemity how can they join hands to fight 4 a common goal when they are not united at home. Thats the problem Nigeria as a whole has cos not ethnic group is united among themselve and with the other ethnic groups. Even if u guys say that brother unit to acheive a common goal anfd then return to disagree with themselves, i don´t see any unity among igbos that would uphold support for a common understanding that could hold enof to make igbo stay together enof to acheive that their common goal.
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by oduaboy1: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Igbo Delta: FULANIS CONTINUE QUEST TO COMPLETELY DESTROY AND CONQUER YORO.BA LAND; INVADES OSUN STATE

But fulani men are still shagging your women and maiming your men ooooo
oduaboy: The plight of residents of Umuekwunne Irete in Imo State got worse on Thursday August 8th 2013 as fulani cattle herdsmen opened fire on the community, injuring several young men. Worse off is Chibuzor Hezekiah Okorie (pictured above) who was shot in the stomach and also cut in the chest and leg with a machete. His brother was also attacked.
The Fulani cattle herdsmen encroach into the farms, using the crop to feed their cattle. This has always been the case in most communities in Imo State. Almost on a daily basis cattle storm farm lands and destroys crops cultivated by the people. And when some youths in the community confronted the cattle herdsmen around 3pm yesterday, they almost didn't live to tell their story.
The Fulanis carry AK47 guns and machetes and this was what they sued on the men yesterday.
The communities said they have reported the happening to the government on several occasions, but nothing has been done so far
http://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/08/fulani-herdsmen-attacks-imo.html
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by ketoprofen(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
@ odua boy, the menace of Fulani herdsmen is all over Nigeria, u are not scoring points.
yahoo biz, kidnappings, robbery, SE.x scandals, divorces, promiscuity, drug pushing abound among yorubas.
U have bigger issues to deal with than worrying abt Fulani herdsmen in the country.
At Ibadan, hausas control d biz in d mkts.
At Lagos, igbos control the biggest n Intl mkts.

Ur lands are occupied by strangers.
Shame on u

2 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by IgboDelta: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
TEACHERS AND STUDENTS ABANDONS SCHOOL IN OGUN STATE OVER FEAR OF FULANI RAID IN YORO.BA LAND AS FULANI CONTINUES ITS DESTRUCTION OF SOUTH WEST

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3401:fulani-herdsmen-yewa-north-villagers-at-war&catid=331:nationwide&Itemid=546

This followed the intervention of the State House of Assembly as part of steps to, nip in the bud, the annual clashes between residents and Hausa/Fulani herdsmen in the area, once and for all.

A delegation of the lawmakers paid an “emergency visit” to the area, following reports that schools in the area “have been deserted by students and teachers for fear of being attacked by the Fulanis.”

During the visit, the lawmaker representing the area, Hon Job Akintan and Caretaker Committee Chairman of Yewa North Local Government, Mr. Kunle Elegbede, appealed to the people of Ibeku, Asa, Agbon and other committees affected “not to take laws into their hands.”

He commiserated with the people of the community on the loss of their loved ones and some other properties during the attack.

The Speaker, Rt. Hon Suraju Adekunbi assured them that the state Government was working on how to improve security in the area, so that, “the student can go back to their classes.”

Narrating their ordeal, a retired principal, Prince Adeyemi Alase and Bale of Ibeku, Chief Olaleye Adigun, said a Geography teacher. Mr. Yomi Akinola and two students of the Community High School, Ibeku, were among those killed in the last three weeks, alleging that “women were Molested and killed on their way to the farm.”

In his own contribution, Adigun said the Hausa/Fulani cattle men became destructive and aggressive when they saw that there were no crops on the farms for their cows to feed on.

He lamented that “they would go into people’s farms, tear down their barns and bring out the stored crops for their cows to feed on.

“if any farmer whose crop was being stolen happens to come around, at that time, they would gun him down.”
Speaking earlier, Elegbede had charged the villagers, “to be law abiding and refrain from anything that could tarnish the image of Ogun State and Nigeria, at large.”
Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by IgboDelta: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
OYO FARM SETTLEMENT ESTABLISHED BY AWO COMES UNDER ATTACK OF GUN CARRYING FULANIS IN CONTINUATION OF THEIR QUEST TO MAKE YORO.BA SLAVES

Oyo farm settlers lament attacks by herdsmen

•Accuse past govts of neglect

Settlers at Ilora Farm Settlement in Afijio Local Government Area of Oyo State have called on the government to come to their aid, following persistent attacks by Fulani herdsmen.

They said the herdsmen, armed with double–barrel guns and cutlasses, graze animals on their farms and destroy crops.

The settlers said whenever they challenged the herdsmen, they were beaten up and injured.

The Imam of the settlement, Alhaji Saliu Ade Salami, said: “Many settlers have been victims of the herdsmen’s attack. My son’s arms were almost amputated after he was macheted by them.

“We are living in fear, because any attempt to check these cattle rearers leads to threats to our lives. They invade our farmlands and destroy our crops, which are our only means of livelihood. We have reported them to the police several times to no avail.”

Salami said some setters have relocated to other parts of the state because of the attacks.

Vice-Secretary of the Settlers’ Forum Mr. Sunday Ojo said his hectares of cassava were destroyed and eaten up by cows.

The settlers also accused past governments of neglect.

Lamenting the deplorable condition of the settlement, Ojo said: “If adequate attention had been accorded the settlement, the situation would not have been this pathetic. Five years ago, the then government approved the electrification of the farm settlement in its budget. Till date, the transformer installed has not functioned.

“The settlement’s only source of water supply is a well with a hand pump. We often search for water from streams and the river.

“We do not have a maternity or health centre. We have one primary school. Though the teachers are dedicated, they come from town because there is no befitting accommodation in the settlement.

“We urge the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led administration to come to our aid and save our dying souls.”

The monarch of Ilora, Oba Stephen Oparinde, declined comments.

Oyo Area Police Commander, Assistant Commissioner Bature Umar, warned the herdsmen to stop disturbing the peace in the settlement.

Umar said: “Henceforth, illegal possession of arms by herdsmen would no longer be tolerated. We will not allow anyone or group to take laws into their hands and unleash terror on others’

The settlement was established by the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. It has 105 housing units and 30 shanties.

The houses are in deplorable conditions and unfit for human habitation.

About 700 settlers were estimated to be residing in the settlement, which is about 28 kilometres from Ilora.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/38100-oyo-farm-settlers-lament-attacks-by-herdsmen.html

3 Likes

Re: The Population Density Of Igbo Land by shineeye: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
aboki slaves cry for how long

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply)

Noor Buhari: Being A President’s Child Is Very Testing (Photo) / Kogi: Court Gives INEC Permission To Continue Election / Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.