Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage (21645 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 30, 2013
soul_glo:
I personally think it comes from a culture were men are not taught to earn what they claim as theirs. It is the mentality of a moocher. Other men earn their stripes and here we have people with the same head and a penis like these other men that want women to take a back seat so they can shine.

Their crusty ar*ses wouldn't shine even if they were polished from dusk to dawn.

I don't compete with anybody. I don't count other people's money. I focus on my own personal development.

Spoken like a self assured, self confident productive member of society.

But when all you have is misery like these jokers, your nose will be permanently glued to the business of other people hoping to find others as miserable as you are.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2013
So this mmeee has decided to unban me cos I told her d truth?
Talk of abuse of power and office.
U enter another man's territory to cause havoc and believe u r untouchable thereby making d leaders look silly.
Well, I am gateful that some of us think outside the box and know exactly what happened.
Tomorrow, don't bite more than u can chew.I know that seat was a little bit hot for u yesterday.

But, u can continue to ban.
Thank ur star this is online forum cos I will also lv to design ur teeth like Chilli said.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 30, 2013
@ YPP. Lol! She banned me too for no good reason!

I too am wondering why not allow our section mods do their job?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by tintingz(m): 6:37am On Dec 30, 2013
soul_glo:

How does the link you posted differ from what bukatyne said. You are laughing so it's even the more puzzling. If you are confident in being a man you will not lose sleep over another human being wanting the same rights for themselves. In fact it is only someone who is not qualified that would hope that someone else does not get a fair shot at the same game. If you feel you are intelligent enough, capable enough, qualified enough then you would be confident in that and not lose sleep over another human being saying I want to compete but let us get there on our own merit.
LOL I still can't figure out what you posted grin....does feminism also about "men right"?(According to bukatyne) is it an organization for men? Did I said am against women right? undecided

Maybe you should define feminism for us... undecided
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 6:45am On Dec 30, 2013
ileobatojo:

Another empty barrel appears. Your case even more pathetic than the former. You don't even have the self confidence to post on an anonymous forum as your original moniker.

Your post is really quite hilarious coming from a coward who created an alternate moniker primarily to bash women. The hypocrisy is really astounding.

Go and find company for your misery elsewhere.

I feel the anger and hate in your post. What did he do to you to make you go off men like this?
Why so much anger and hate against men?
As for your accusation of my creating an alternate moniker-please prove your empty accusation by calling me out or for ever close your mouth-Mention the alternate moniker!
I am waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by tintingz(m): 6:47am On Dec 30, 2013
soul_glo:

Imagine posting the dictionary definition of feminism and then bashing it. If he had posted something along the lines of some extreme feminist trying to emasculate men then I might see a point. To post a definition that reads like this "the doctrine advocating social, political and all other rights of women equal to those of men" and then is totally oblivious to what he is essentially saying just blows my mind. I personally think it comes from a culture were men are not taught to earn what they claim as theirs. It is the mentality of a moocher. Other men earn their stripes and here we have people with the same head and a penis like these other men that want women to take a back seat so they can shine. I don't compete with anybody. I don't count other people's money. I focus on my own personal development. Just don't get in my way. It just irritated me when he posted that link. I am embarrassed for him. Ignorant white people thought empowering blacks would somehow diminish them. The smart ones felt that as long as you are qualified then you are a human being just like me. Today we have some white people who are still salty about black people having the same rights as them. They are being left behind. It is going to be the same story for the Nigerian men who would rather sit back and complain about women having equal rights as them. They will be 60 years old and keep talking about how women ruined everything and their peers would have built lives on their own merit and not because they have this miracle chromosome that entitles them to something.
Is feminism an organization for men?? The social, political are for the right of women.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by tintingz(m): 6:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Dantedasz:

I feel the anger and hate in your post. What did he do to you to make you go off men like this?
As for your accusation of my creating an alternate moniker-please prove your empty accusation by calling me out or for ever close your mouth-Mention the alternate moniker!
I am waiting.
Now that's what am really against about feminist/feminism the hatred they have for men.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Dantedasz:

Oooh look! He's trying to grow some cojones! grin

Yeah, you gotta do it under your original id to be taken seriously. Mkay?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2013
ileobatojo:
Oooh look! He's trying to grow some cojones! grin
Yeah, you gotta do it under your original id to be taken seriously. Mkay?

You that always accuse other people of having several monikers you are surely the greatest offender. Your problem is that you think that other people behave like you. That's your loss. As if ileobatojo, chillis, chiliisauce, soul-glo and two others do not refer to the same person!

All these your juvenile rants need to stop. Since some of Chillisauce posts were hidden here, you now decide to come out with ileobatojo.

we are watching, we are waiting and at the appropriate time, we will unravel you!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2013
WHY ARE FEMINISTS AFRAID OF MARRIAGE?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2013
So YPP deactivated her account. The bans were just coming left and right.

At ileo and soul glo. Yall still here going back and forth with the resident mofon. You need to read how ppl reason before trying to educate them not to talk of engaging with debate.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Chillisauce: So YPP deactivated her account. The bans were just coming left and right.

At ileo and soul glo. Yall still here going back and forth with the resident mofon. You need to read how ppl reason before trying to educate them not to talk of engaging with debate.

This is another of her monikers grin grin grin. Because I attacked ileobatojo, she now reappears with chillisauce! Classic! It is just one misandrist rigmaroling between her various monikers.And of course she can't meet the challenge so she does what she knows best, trolling all over the thread.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2013
YPP deactivated her account? Why?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Dantedasz:

I am waiting.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi:
This is another of her monikers grin grin grin. Because I attacked ileobatojo, she now reappears with chillisauce! Classic! It is just one misandrist rigmaroling between her various monikers.And of course she can't meet the challenge so she does what she knows best, trolling all over the thread.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
Men were oppressing women via culture and rules...

Agroup of people decided to level the playing field for women...

And you are saying that they didnot consider the rights of men? rights they already have? did they stop men from doing what they doing previously?

Expect you want to marry a feminist, this thread is not necessary

dinachi:

There is no nail and there is no head here! All the internet nairaland feminists have failed to link mainstream feminism to good marriage! It was an open challenge and you sour bunch failed woefully!

The truth is feminism is a sexist movement. It's interests lies with only women , it doesn't even recognize the rights of children.

It is a hate filled, sexist, selfish , confused movement of sad and bitter women who are against marriage, God, men and children!

If it is good why don't they just call it human rights advocacy, so that it comes with a package for everybody?

Many of the ignoramus women here cannot defend some of the quotes attributed to some of the most notable recent feminists about men.

I have thrown a simple challenge. If feminism is great how come most of their leading lights are either Divorced or Lesbians or Never married?

WHY DOES GOOD MARRIAGE ELUDE THE CORE FEMINISTS! That is the sensible question some of you should be answering not trying to defend bigotry and misandry!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Are you not defeating your own arguement?

If you have acknowledged that there is no single definition for feminism i.e. different intepretations, why are you all still putting all feminists under one umbrella? Why don't you ask them to define their own brand? Has it not occurred to you that the way everyone would inteprete feminism based on their experiences?

Everyone knows going to church late is wrong: some pastors will late comers to clean the surroundings; some would tell their members to go foe evangelism;some would stand outside the church; somewould tell them to pray after service; I even heard of a pastor that flogs late comers. Imagine I now decide to say all pastors are abusive because they flog late comers.

All extreme non-feminists are exactly the same with the extreme feminists

Dantedasz: You would agree with me that there is no single concrete definition of feminism. Although feminism might have started out as a subtle battle for women's rights, it has since evolved into a movement that can not be defined. By this I mean each feminist group has their own definition of what feminism means. Where one feminists demands start are where the demands of another group end and where those of another set of feminsts end is where those of another set begin. Feminism in Africa is different from feminism in Europe or America. The problem of African feminism is trying to transfer ideas from Europe and America to an African setting.
In the end African feminist come across as women who are confused as to what they really want and come across as a bunch of angry women who hate and blame men for all their woes-thus attacking the family which is the foundation of the society and the country.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
tintingz: Is feminism an organization for men?? The social, political are for the right of women.

lmagine whites ranting about how Rosa Parks or Luther did not focus on them in their struggle against racism

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by SisiKill1: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
How does one compose the next great song if they know nothing about the basics of DO RE MI?

Can one write a novel without learning ABC?

No and No.

So how then can we discuss feminism when many have no effing clue what it is all about?

It's no big secret that there has been a very calculated effort to ascribe the bastardize definition to Feminism (I.e women hating men and wanting to have their balls as squeeze toys) in order to rubbish it.

No woman who has brothers, uncles, sons, father etc will hate ALL men. Some may hate a certain type of man, which is only natural after all people can't like everything under the sun. To now say because they do, they are man haters is quite frankly an extremely idiotic conclusion. I don't like oranges, does that make me anti fruit?

Any woman who thinks women should be treated like a human being with a fully functioning brain is a feminist and that friends is the simplest definition of Feminism. All these women want is to be given the chance to make their choices and stop being treated like an inferior being.

Anyone (man AND woman)'who has a problem with this......has serious issues and it is of their own making not Feminism's, so stop blaming the movement and go seek the psychological help you desperately need. (I'd start with the How to Build my self esteem, believe in my own worth and stop feeling threatened self help books if I were one of y' all)

5 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sisi killed it!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by SisiKill1: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
This was from an old post on the same subject....

From the responses here, it is obvious many people have no clue what feminism is all about.

Thinking it is about men is the first mistake. Believing they hate men is the second. It is about standing against things, issues that makes women feel less of a human being.

It's about giving women choices and letting them make their own decisions. In the past and somewhat in the present, men have been the rule keepers and that's why it seems women are fighting men but if it were something else...An Alien from outta space in charge women would still fight with the same vigor.

If a woman choses to go into a polygamous relationship, that's her prerogative. If women are forced into polygamy, then feminist movement stands up against that.

If a woman wants to cover her head, walk ten steps behind her man and talk to him in her knees because she wants to, that's her choice but if a woman is being forced to do all that for no reason but because she is a woman, the feminists movement comes in

Again, Feminism is about fighting for a woman's God given right to make her own choices. That it's being basterdized and given qualities not in line with what it really is by people who are intent on rubbishing it is sad but what's sadder is women who take the bastardized version and ran with it. It's one thing for men not to educate themselves on what it truly means (it doesn't really affect them), it's quite another for a woman to just follow suit...regurgitating the crap being fed to them by men.

Feminism isn't about intimate orientation, it's not about always being on the opposing end of an argument just because the other person is a man. It's not about wanting to be a man. It's simply about being allowed to direct your own life. Why this is such an affront to some men has always baffled me.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sisi_Kill: This was from an old post on the same subject....
From the responses here, it is obvious many people have no clue what feminism is all about.
Thinking it is about men is the first mistake. Believing they hate men is the second. It is about standing against things, issues that makes women feel less of a human being.
It's about giving women choices and letting them make their own decisions. In the past and somewhat in the present, men have been the rule keepers and that's why it seems women are fighting men but if it were something else...An Alien from outta space in charge women would still fight with the same vigor.
If a woman choses to go into a polygamous relationship, that's her prerogative. If women are forced into polygamy, then feminist movement stands up against that.
If a woman wants to cover her head, walk ten steps behind her man and talk to him in her knees because she wants to, that's her choice but if a woman is being forced to do all that for no reason but because she is a woman, the feminists movement comes in
Again, Feminism is about fighting for a woman's God given right to make her own choices. That it's being basterdized and given qualities not in line with what it really is by people who are intent on rubbishing it is sad but what's sadder is women who take the bastardized version and ran with it. It's one thing for men not to educate themselves on what it truly means (it doesn't really affect them), it's quite another for a woman to just follow suit...regurgitating the crap being fed to them by men.
Feminism isn't about intimate orientation, it's not about always being on the opposing end of an argument just because the other person is a man. It's not about wanting to be a man. It's simply about being allowed to direct your own life. Why this is such an affront to some men has always baffled me. 

Name one Notable core feminist with a good marriage. That is the simple challenge. Many of you nairaland feminists cannot defend some of the evil statements ascribed to your kind. A woman asking to be treated like every other human being is simply human right advocacy. Feminism is all about women. It is a sexist bigoted movement. The issue of equality is a human right issue! Even children are equal to adults as humans.

How come most core feminists are unable to hold it down in a marital relationship?

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
For every cause/movt there's always an exception hence extremists. E.g Jihadist and Terrorist.

Core Feminists frown at every benefit as well as shît that came with Traditional marriage. So I believe marriage institution would be degrading to them. Because let's face it their main goal is to completely eradicate cultural doctrine ( 'herd mentality' grin)that favoured men to empower women folks.

You can call me a feminist but not a Core neither an extremist because I love my culture.

Any woman who thinks women should be treated like a human being with a fully functioning brain is a feminist and that friends is the simplest definition of Feminism. All these women want is to be given the chance to make their choices and stop being treated like an inferior being.

That^^ is exactly what Feminism simply means. ( thanks for that quote)

I make my money , you make yours, respect me and same will be reciprocated. I will not sleep with any senator to win that same contract because Alhaji dururu never slept with anybody.
If you bribe, I will bribe and win same contract too shikena.

I opened this feminism discussion with hubby last night, he laughed and replied; babe any woman who strive to achieve in life and not totally dependent on a man , hold herself with dignity and respected in the society, is a feminist.

Looking back and see how I presently train my girls, aspire big, don't limit your ability cos you have a vagina, no no no, that's just biology, old things have passed away, all things have become new. We don't require physical strength to achieve great Today, smartness and intellectually Efficiency are all you need.

It's a modern world.

Now this is OP 'a main beef and I agree with him:
Most Nigerian Feminists are just mere shameless shoe shiners ( as earlier stated) , you can't have it both ways , you expect all the benefits of traditional marriage yet want to flex equality cos your husband makes big = it's 'Affordable'. nah doesn't work that way. You don't belong in Feminist bracket either.

My opinion please.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Some of the nairaland e-feminist do not even have a handle on the subjects. Generally, feminists do not believe in marriage between a man and woman. I will go ahead now to post top notable feminists quotes about marriage for your reading pleasure. You be the judge!

"Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." -- Sheila Cronin, the leader of the feminist organization NOW

"We can't destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage." -- Robin Morgan

"The nuclear family must be destroyed... Whatever its ultimate meaning, the break-up of families now is an objectively revolutionary process." -- Linda Gordon

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." -- Catherine MacKinnon

"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression." -- Sheila Jeffrys

"The institution of sexual intercourse (between men and women) is anti-feminist" -- Ti-Grace Atkinson

"Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies." -- Andrea Dworkin

"Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice." -- Andrea Dworkin

"Q: People think you are very hostile to men.
A: I am." -- Andrea Dworkin

"All patriarchists exalt the home and family as sacred, demanding it remain inviolate from prying eyes. Men want privacy for their violations of women... All women learn in childhood that women as a sex are men's prey."
-- Marilyn French

"Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage" (feminist leader Sheila Cronan).

Now see feminist bigotry and chauvinism at work, read more quotes;

"We are, as a sex, infinitely superior to men." -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

"Overthrowing capitalism is too small for us. We must overthrow the whole...patriarch!" (Gloria Steinem, radical feminist leader, editor of MS magazine).

"Let's forget about the mythical Jesus and look for encouragement, solace, and inspiration from real women.... Two thousand years of patriarchal rule under the shadow of the cross ought to be enough to turn women toward the feminist 'salvation' of this world." (Annie Laurie Gaylor, "Feminist Salvation," The Humanist, p. 37, July/August 1988.

"By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in human potential, not God." (Gloria Steinem, editor of MS magazine).

See feminist support for witchcraft and Lesbianism

"Marriage has existed for the benefit of men; and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women.... We must work to destroy it. The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men.... All of history must be re-written in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft" (from "The Declaration of Feminism," November, 1971).

"The simple fact is that every woman must be willing to be identified as a lesbian to be fully feminist" (National NOW Times, January, 1988).

"Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice." -- Ti-Grace Atkinson

Now these are quotes from the leading lights of feminism not nairaland wannabe fake feminists.

From these quotes, do you need to ask again why there are no core feminist with a good marriage? Some of them went ahead to equate Lesbianism with feminism.

Now I CHALLENGE you again to produce one quote from a core feminist in support of the marriage institution.

NOW MANY OF YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR DEFINITION OF FEMINISM HERE AND WHAT THE GLOBAL LEADERS OF THE MOVEMENT ARE SAYING ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THOSE LEADERS ARE THE ACTUAL EMBODIMENT OF THE MOVEMENT. NOW READ BETWEEN THE LINES FOR ILLUMINATION.

8 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by coogar: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sisi_Kill: How does one compose the next great song if they know nothing about the basics of DO RE MI?

Can one write a novel without learning ABC?

No and No.

So how then can we discuss feminism when many have no effing clue what it is all about?

It's no big secret that there has been a very calculated effort to ascribe the bastardize definition to Feminism (I.e women hating men and wanting to have their balls as squeeze toys) in order to rubbish it.

No woman who has brothers, uncles, sons, father etc will hate ALL men. Some may hate a certain type of man, which is only natural after all people can't like everything under the sun. To now say because they do, they are man haters is quite frankly an extremely idiotic conclusion. I don't like oranges, does that make me anti fruit?

Anyone (man AND woman)'who has a problem with this......has serious issues and it is of their own making not Feminism's, so stop blaming the movement and go seek the psychological help you desperately need. (I'd start with the How to Build my self esteem, believe in my own worth and stop feeling threatened self help books if I were one of y' all)

you are correct in a way but there are other issues you didn't address. feminism is in 2 parts. you have addressed the first part but there's a second part that clearly states feminism as an organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests.

the second definition is the real issue - the interests of women would not necessarily coincide with that of the men & this is why there's a big ambiguity in feminism. fighting for the rights of one side does not necessarily entail fighting for things that bring equality to both sides.

feminism fights only for the interest of women - it then means if a man singlehandedly gets a mortgage, he marries a woman & she commits adultery that leads to their separation & divorce, feminism dictates the house owner(the man) should vacate his own house to protect the woman.

how is this equality?

7 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
Maybe the OP will ubderstand you

His fight should be with core feminists/feminazis abi?

I claim to be equal to my husband; if i can be nice to random people, how much more the man I vowed to live and honor? if i have no problem cooking for my room mates and family, why not him? If i am considerate of others and listen to them,why not my babe?

Shebi equality will mean he treats me well and vuce versa? To avoid nonsense treatment will now entail me to open eye choose abi?

I tire for this OP o

Jide sorry Ewuro, which one be tradutional benefits/ shoe shiner again?

Ewuro707: For every cause/movt there's always an exception hence extremists. E.g Jihadist and Terrorist.

Core Feminists frown at every benefit as well as shît that came with Traditional marriage. So I believe marriage institution would be degrading to them. Because let's face it their main goal is to completely eradicate cultural doctrine ( 'herd mentality' grin)that favoured men to empower women folks.

You can call me a feminist but not a Core neither an extremist because I love my culture.

That^^ is exactly what Feminism simply means. ( thanks for that quote)

I make my money , you make yours, respect me and same will be reciprocated. I will not sleep with any senator to win that same contract because Alhaji dururu never slept with anybody.
If you bribe, I will bribe and win same contract too shikena.

I opened this feminism discussion with hubby last night, he laughed and replied; babe any woman who strive to achieve in life and not totally dependent on a man , hold herself with dignity and respected in the society, is a feminist.

Looking back and see how I presently train my girls, aspire big, don't limit your ability cos you have a vagina, no no no, that's just biology, old things have passed away, all things have become new. We don't require physical strength to achieve great Today, smartness and intellectually Efficiency are all you need.

It's a modern world.

Now this is OP 'a main beef and I agree with him:
Most Nigerian Feminists are just mere shameless shoe shiners ( as earlier stated) , you can't have it both ways , you expect all the benefits of traditional marriage yet want to flex equality cos your husband makes big = it's 'Affordable'. nah doesn't work that way. You don't belong in Feminist bracket either.

My opinion please.

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne: Maybe the OP will ubderstand you
His fight should be with core feminists/feminazis abi?
I claim to be equal to my husband; if i can be nice to random people, how much more the man I vowed to live and honor? if i have no problem cooking for my room mates and family, why not him? If i am considerate of others and listen to them,why not my babe?
Shebi equality will mean he treats me well and vuce versa? To avoid nonsense treatment will now entail me to open eye choose abi?
I tire for this OP o
Jide sorry Ewuro, which one be tradutional benefits/ shoe shiner again?

Why are you guys always sidestepping the issue? Since you can't come up with any notable feminist with a good marriage. Can you reproduce one quote from any of them in support of marriage?

I know and understand that some women like you like to identify with the word feminist without understanding the full weight of its focus. My point is that you ladies need to be careful about the motives of some of this women. People who holds the marriage institution in contempt should not be the role models of women who want to get married or are happily married.

To each his/her own.

4 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by tintingz(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne:

lmagine whites ranting about how Rosa Parks or Luther did not focus on them in their struggle against racism
And when did that happen? undecided
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by tintingz(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
dinachi: For your reading pleasure here are some quotes from notable feminists:

¤ “I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.” – Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

¤ “To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking Love Machine.” -– Valerie Solanas

¤ “I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

¤ “molest is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear” — Susan Brownmiller

¤ “The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.” — Sharon Stone

¤ “In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is molest because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.” — Catherine MacKinnon

¤ “The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart

¤ “Men who are unjustly accused of molest can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comins

¤ “All men are rapists and that’s all they are” — Marilyn French

¤ “Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.” — Germaine Greer.
www.womenagainstmen.com/media/feminism-is-a-hate-group.html
And who said feminist don't hate "all men" reading all this barbaric speech by the feminist warlords, hating men is part of feminism doctrine there is no way you can't be a feminist that you wont hate men but e get levels sha some love and hate as well grin

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
bukatyne: Are you not defeating your own arguement?

If you have acknowledged that there is no single definition for feminism i.e. different intepretations, why are you all still putting all feminists under one umbrella? Why don't you ask them to define their own brand? Has it not occurred to you that the way everyone would inteprete feminism based on their experiences?

Everyone knows going to church late is wrong: some pastors will late comers to clean the surroundings; some would tell their members to go foe evangelism;some would stand outside the church; somewould tell them to pray after service; I even heard of a pastor that flogs late comers. Imagine I now decide to say all pastors are abusive because they flog late comers.

All extreme non-feminists are exactly the same with the extreme feminists

Okay, I get it now.

ME:Good evening, feminist Bukatyne, before we start our discussion on feminism, please which branch of the feminist movement do you belong to?
BUKATYNE:I belong to theAfrican/British/American school of feminism.
ME:Well before we start what we have come to do, I've got another question, do you belong to the extremist hard core school of feminism or the mild school of feminism?
BUKATYNE:Emm I think I belong to the extreme school.
ME:Do you belong to those who believe in marriage or those group that are against having anything to do with men?

And the questions can go on without an end if we go by this idea of yours. As far as I am concerned feminism does not mean what it meant in the beginning because it has been hijacked by a group of selfish women who will not rest until they see the down fall of every male on the planet.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
And it did not occur to you that some people want back to what it reaaly means and embraced it

It also did not occur to you that not all women are selfish

My point: don't lump all feminists together. Don't see one and automatically assume she is a man hater or marriage destroyer.

Let them manifest their fruits before judging them.

Afterall, by their fruits, you shall know them.

Dantedasz:

Okay, I get it now.

ME:Good evening, feminist Bukatyne, before we start our discussion on feminism, please which branch of the feminist movement do you belong to?
BUKATYNE:I belong to theAfrican/British/American school of feminism.
ME:Well before we start what we have come to do, I've got another question, do you belong to the extremist hard core school of feminism or the mild school of feminism?
BUKATYNE:Emm I think I belong to the extreme school.
ME:Do you belong to those who believe in marriage or those group that are against having anything to do with men?

And the questions can go on without an end if we go by this idea of yours. As far as I am concerned feminism does not mean what it meant in the beginning because it has been hijacked by a group of selfish women who will not rest until they see the down fall of every male on the planet.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
tintingz: And who said feminist don't hate "all men" reading all this barbaric speech by the feminist warlords, hating men is part of feminism doctrine there is no way you can't be a feminist that you wont hate men but e get levels sha some love and hate as well grin

All those women are BUTCH DYKES.
The problem with wanna be feminists on these boards is that the do not even understand the aims and focus of a movement to which they hold dear.
Such paper weight internet fake feminists want to be dykes and still want to have some d1ck on the side. You want to be a feminist and still remain married? Fallacy of the century.
At best you ladies are rights activists and certainly NOT feminists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler / Golden Eagle Snatches Kid (Video) / Greatest Prank I Played On My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.